HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

2012 Whitecaps FC Thread VII

Closed Thread

Old
09-16-2012, 02:43 AM
John Swartzwelder
MOAR TUFFNESS!!!1

vCash: 50
Why did the team sell/trade all their players? Weren't they playing well?

Old
09-16-2012, 10:33 AM
BAuldie

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to BAuldie Send a message via MSN to BAuldie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just another pawn View Post
Dallas player was down for 3 min. 30 sec(default) per sub x6. Some obvious time wasting by the Caps.

Still, the score flatters the Whitecaps. That was a downright brutal performance. Is this what, the 3rd game without a shot on goal?

The team is really missing Davide Chiumiento. No one has come even close to matching his creativity.

Miller has been a lego in a puzzle thus far. Camillo has the selfishness of a Brazilian without the true skill of a Brazilian.
Now now.. They had a shot on goal.. Remember Thorington put it right into the keepers legs with an open net?

Tough to put much blame on Miller for that game. Absolutely no service from a craptacular midfield.

Old
09-16-2012, 10:48 AM
JBIZ14

Awful awful awful...how Miller starts over Mattocks is beyond words.... I've never seen professonal athletes panic so bad since the Grizzlies with a lead in the fourth quarter.

Old
09-16-2012, 11:27 AM
metric

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Swartzwelder View Post
I was willing to give Rennie the benefit of the doubt when the moves were made. But right now it is not looking good on him.

Old
09-16-2012, 12:28 PM
LongRoad

One of the rare games I haven't been able to watch this season, but judging from the description you're all providing, I'm slightly irritated by Rennie's positive thinking crap. I still think he's been really great for the team and deserves to have his job heading into next season regardless of the outcome of this year but this bothers me:

Quote:
First of all, I think it was a fantastic game. Both teams did absolutely great. The fans saw two great teams tonight. Every fan that came here tonight got their money’s worth. Both teams left everything on the field and obviously for us it is disappointing to come out of it on the wrong end of the result but I am very proud of my players. It gives me a lot of confidence going into the final stretch of the season.
Quote:
I think the confidence is there, you saw it tonight. We played well, we had a lot of good possession of the ball, clearly some good chances, on another night, could of won the game. Confidence to me isn’t the issue.
http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2012...tes-and-quotes

Old
09-16-2012, 02:30 PM
Just A Bit Outside
Playoffs??!

vCash: 50
Rennie is completely out of his depth in the MLS. Assuming he is still in position to manage next year hopefully he learns his lesson.

This Scottish contingent crap has destroyed this team. Robson is decent but doesnt have the creativity required for the MLS and what most of us expected from him.

Kenny Miller has been an absolute bust and his signing was the turning point of this team going in the ******* as it affected everything else.

Watching this team is a joke right now and as much as I want to renew my tickets for next year, even a 12% discount isnt enticing enough atm.

You knew things were going to be rough for a couple years but this team started so positively but right now I'd rather watch TFC and that makes me sick to my stomach.

Montreal is and will end up being better than the Caps in their first year.

Pretty sad.

Old
09-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Basso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reds81 View Post
Rennie is completely out of his depth in the MLS. Assuming he is still in position to manage next year hopefully he learns his lesson.

This Scottish contingent crap has destroyed this team. Robson is decent but doesnt have the creativity required for the MLS and what most of us expected from him.

Kenny Miller has been an absolute bust and his signing was the turning point of this team going in the ******* as it affected everything else.

Watching this team is a joke right now and as much as I want to renew my tickets for next year, even a 12% discount isnt enticing enough atm.

You knew things were going to be rough for a couple years but this team started so positively but right now I'd rather watch TFC and that makes me sick to my stomach.

Montreal is and will end up being better than the Caps in their first year.

Pretty sad.
Since Miller came in I dont think we even won a game, maybe 1. Can't remember it's so sad. The Richards - Camilo - Mattocks attack was on fire for a few weeks, then Rennie brings in Miller and has to play him because he is a DP. Robson would be fine in a midfield with Koffie and Chumiento, but Chumiento leaving was the begining of our demise.

Also that 12% discount isn't that much of a discount since they upped ticket prices for next year.

Old
09-18-2012, 10:03 PM
RonTugnutt
Kesler is washed up

vCash: 310
Coming own Sunday for the match... Will be in town early and want to watch City-Arsenal and have brekky and a cheeky morning pint.... Anyone able to give me any options?

http://gsportsbar.ca/ Is the place I am leaning towards.

Comments would be apreciated, cheers.

Old
09-18-2012, 10:32 PM
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTugnutt View Post
Coming own Sunday for the match... Will be in town early and want to watch City-Arsenal and have brekky and a cheeky morning pint.... Anyone able to give me any options?

On commercial street, there's a ton of italian places that all show soccer. If Balotelli is playing, you can be sure the games on, and Italians will be watching.

Also on Broadway, from about Alma, to Granville, there's a few cool British style pubs that will have the game on. The Manchester, The Frog and Firkin (is it still called that?), there's a few more as well.

Also Ceili's Irish Pub, on Burrard and 7th.

Hope that helps!

Old
09-18-2012, 10:39 PM
RonTugnutt
Kesler is washed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCantYandleThis View Post
On commercial street, there's a ton of italian places that all show soccer. If Balotelli is playing, you can be sure the games on, and Italians will be watching.

Also on Broadway, from about Alma, to Granville, there's a few cool British style pubs that will have the game on. The Manchester, The Frog and Firkin (is it still called that?), there's a few more as well.

Also Ceili's Irish Pub, on Burrard and 7th.

Hope that helps!
Awesome, thanks for the info mate... Only problem I am finding is most places say they dont open till 10am or 11am and with the 8am kickoff I wanna be sure I can see it! Thanks again

Old
09-18-2012, 10:41 PM
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast

Quote:
Awesome, thanks for the info mate... Only problem I am finding is most places say they dont open till 10am or 11am and with the 8am kickoff I wanna be sure I can see it! Thanks again
Hm. Yeah that's a slight issue. Downtown on Granville Street, you'll probably find a couple places open early. And some Breakfast joints on main street, or Cambie street, will probably have televisions.

I wish you luck though!

Old
09-19-2012, 02:49 AM
spamojones

Quote:

If you're an Arsenal fan, you can head to the Phat bar/pub in Yaletown. It is the "official" home of any Vancouver-based Gooners.

Old
09-19-2012, 08:26 AM
RonTugnutt
Kesler is washed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamojones View Post
If you're an Arsenal fan, you can head to the Phat bar/pub in Yaletown. It is the "official" home of any Vancouver-based Gooners.
City fan, from what I have been able to find out there is no official home for City fans nor is there a supporters group! I dont think theyd like me too much at phat bar

Old
09-19-2012, 11:50 AM
YogiCanucks

You doom and gloom folks need to cheer up a bit. Our team is better than last year any way you cut it. I don't think Miller is a good fit but I also think this team needs time to gel.

For those of you who don't know, it's pretty well known that shaking up a team mid-season in the MLS doesn't end well most of the time (see. NYRB most years)

Old
09-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Basso

Quote:
City fan, from what I have been able to find out there is no official home for City fans nor is there a supporters group! I dont think theyd like me too much at phat bar
I wonder why, most city fans are circa 2010.

Old
09-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Swartzwelder View Post
Why does this thread exist? Are there not moderators responsible for moving or closing such?? Hockey please.

Old
09-19-2012, 01:50 PM
roach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
Why does this thread exist? Are there not moderators responsible for moving or closing such?? Hockey please.
Just ignore the thread? There's a OT signifier at the beginning of this one.

Are you familiar with these forums, at all?

Old
09-19-2012, 02:44 PM
gurfling

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamojones View Post
Awesome, thanks for that. Always enjoy watching games with fellow Gooners.

Old
09-19-2012, 04:14 PM
JBIZ14

Quote:
Why do you exist? The only moderating that needs to be done is removing trolling posts like yours. Have a nice day.

Old
09-19-2012, 04:19 PM
JannikAtTheDisco
No panic it's Jannik

Quote:
You are not smart.

Old
09-19-2012, 04:22 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
G has a lots of TVs but probably won't be that busy.

Does the Dover Arms open early on Sunday for games, anyone?

Old
09-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
Just ignore the thread? There's a OT signifier at the beginning of this one.

Are you familiar with these forums, at all?
Enlighten me. What does the acronym - OT - represent? If it has nothing to do with hockey (on a site advertised as a hockey site) then I need to be educated as to why it is here, taking up bites.

Old
09-19-2012, 04:44 PM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by JannikAtTheDisco View Post
You are not smart.
Rather than the insult why not explain why a soccer thread is allowed on a hockey website. Why not have a soccer site? I don't dislike soccer; I rather like the game. (At the elite level)

Old
09-19-2012, 04:57 PM
gurfling

OT - Off Topic - basically anything non-hockey.

BTW, if you haven't seen it, watch Oscar's second goal today for Chelsea, incredible goal.

Old
09-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurfling View Post
OT - Off Topic - basically anything non-hockey.

BTW, if you haven't seen it, watch Oscar's second goal today for Chelsea, incredible goal.
Thank you.

Closed Thread