HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

{PS3} HF HABS GM Connected for NHL 13(Looking for 4 ACTIVE players)

Old
08-16-2012, 11:02 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

vCash: 500
It would be fun to be 2 by teams and always do 2 vs 2 games. The level of play would be better than 1 vs 1.

I would be down for that!

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:06 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
PSN: WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
K here's what I think:

The first few months/weeks, we're all gonna super pumped to destroy each other and win the league.

But as time wears on and we start getting bored or want to change things up, we'll be pushing for change aka more variety... Simming and 1v1 can only satisfy us for a while.

What I'm trying to say is, imagine I have a buddy over and rather than OTP, we'd like to challenge another team in our league cause it's fun and rosters are different based in individual trades etc. if the other team GM is down for 2v1 or 2v2 or wtv, I don't see the harm. If you want to just 1v1 or have AI play, more power to you, but that just seems like something we'd easily get bored with sooner or later.

I'm just laying out hypotheticals but IMO I don't see the harm in having these matchups as long as both sides agree to it. It seems to be something that would keep the league growing and more entertaining.
I think this is fair if the other team consents to it

Lars The GOAT Eller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:15 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
K here's what I think:

The first few months/weeks, we're all gonna super pumped to destroy each other and win the league.

But as time wears on and we start getting bored or want to change things up, we'll be pushing for change aka more variety... Simming and 1v1 can only satisfy us for a while.

What I'm trying to say is, imagine I have a buddy over and rather than OTP, we'd like to challenge another team in our league cause it's fun and rosters are different based in individual trades etc. if the other team GM is down for 2v1 or 2v2 or wtv, I don't see the harm. If you want to just 1v1 or have AI play, more power to you, but that just seems like something we'd easily get bored with sooner or later.

I'm just laying out hypotheticals but IMO I don't see the harm in having these matchups as long as both sides agree to it. It seems to be something that would keep the league growing and more entertaining.
It could be different and interesting but there's 29 teams with 1 member. I think it's premature to discuss the 2vs1 scenarios. I understand the situation but until there's a need(aka more teams capable of supporting 2 players) it's essentially irrelevant.

In regards to if its fair or not. For instance, if I locked C and Watsatheo locked LW and we shared a team, from our EASHL chemistry we'd probably do a lot of damage, more so than I could do individually. If we do not lock, it's an entirely different scenario but just the same, for sake of discussion, that option is available is it not? The problem with 2vs1 is that we haven't even played the league at 1vs1 yet. Imagine the cross crease sure goals from previous versions such as NHL 12. Imagine 2 players having enough chemistry to pull it off and you, the solo player cannot manage to get the CPU to be smart enough to exploit it. That is an unfair advantage IMO. Granted, that's entirely hypothetical and when you play versus online and you face 1 vs 2 you may or may not have this problem.

As is, Doingitleblancway has indicated he is perfectly content playing only GM and not player. If we get 20-30 reserves, we'll certainly talk about the possibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingItLeBlancWay View Post
I think this is fair if the other team consents to it
You and jack both brought this up and IF the team consents to it, sure. I just want people to know it's not a requirement. If we get to the point where 2vs1 is a possibility I want the GMs to know they can refuse the 2vs1. Most will likely go along with it but come playoff time, if they are more comfortable with 1vs1 they are free to exercise that restriction. Some may reject during regular season time. Personally, I'd play solo and if someone wants to face me 2vs1 i'd welcome it as long as there's no position lock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
It would be fun to be 2 by teams and always do 2 vs 2 games. The level of play would be better than 1 vs 1.

I would be down for that!
Well, it would be cool if we can get each team to have 6+ players. This way it's like eashl but in a REAL league so to speak.

Realistically though, we have what, 35 interested? Many of which want to be GMs and not just players. If we get say 50-60 people i'll allow 2vs1 and 2vs2 as long as everyone can find a partner. For instance, the eashl guys would easily match up but the rest probably don't know eachother.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:29 PM
Habitants

well i have a friend that might play on my team for games

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:33 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
well i have a friend that might play on my team for games
expos?

Old
08-16-2012, 11:42 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

30 team league is unrealistic IMO. I don't think it'll work.

I think it should be around 10 teams and a must that there's more than one GM/player per team. That way people who aren't that good in vs can compete and there's no worry that someone goes MIA since there are others to play. VS only brings risk of people quitting on the league because they lost too much.

If it's more of an OTP league thing this can get a lot more interesting. There are quite a few Habs board clubs out there that might want to group up.

Smaller league also evens out the competition/skill level too so every team can compete.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree with LL, let's start things slow and adjust from there. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if EA forced you to have 30 teams in a league (as in, even if you wanted to limit it to 10 human GMs, they'd force you to fill the rest with AI GMs).

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:52 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
I agree with LL, let's start things slow and adjust from there. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if EA forced you to have 30 teams in a league (as in, even if you wanted to limit it to 10 human GMs, they'd force you to fill the rest with AI GMs).
They will. I'm not sure I want 20 AI GMs. This is a very difficult situation as I'd love that we all had multiple players and co-GMs and all that but HF habs can't support that quantity. If I went to other team boards and asked for a large scale OTP style game where "invite your friends, lets do this" we could get 5 per team easily. Problem is, try controlling that. The action will be ridiculously high.

Old
08-16-2012, 11:53 PM
Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
expos?
yeah he has not been on much since the wife came along, but im sure he'll jump back on for NHL 13

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:54 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
yeah he has not been on much since the wife came along, but im sure he'll jump back on for NHL 13
Yeah, until she gets mad and snaps his disc in two.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
That wouldn't make sense though...why would there be AI GMs in a GM connected league (where the point is to connect human GM)?

Oh wait nevermind, it is ea.

Old
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
30 team league is unrealistic IMO. I don't think it'll work.

I think it should be around 10 teams and a must that there's more than one GM/player per team. That way people who aren't that good in vs can compete and there's no worry that someone goes MIA since there are others to play. VS only brings risk of people quitting on the league because they lost too much.

If it's more of an OTP league thing this can get a lot more interesting. There are quite a few Habs board clubs out there that might want to group up.

Smaller league also evens out the competition/skill level too so every team can compete.
How awesome would it be if we did a big HF league with 15-25 members from each team board? But that seems even more unrealistic than a 30 team GM-only league.

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:59 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Trick Pony View Post
How awesome would it be if we did a big HF league with 15-25 members from each team board? But that seems even more unrealistic than a 30 team GM-only league.
I think that is possible but not 15-25. In one of the videos it shows that 0/6 players on a team page screen so I assume 6 members per team board. Imagine having the best voted players from each board competing in a league. ;D

Of course, it'd be nice if we can actually know the full details of how this thing will work.

Old
08-17-2012, 12:00 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
I would love that. I said it in previous posts it would be eashl+be a GM in one. Teams representing their team but I think that's massive. I'm not sure I could handle being com there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I think that is possible but not 15-25. In one of the videos it shows that 0/6 players on a team page screen so I assume 6 members per team board. Imagine having the best voted players from each board competing in a league. ;D

Of course, it'd be nice if we can actually know the full details of how this thing will work.
http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/art...ected-revealed

Old
08-17-2012, 12:06 AM
durojean

It's how i imagined it but I wasn't sure either way I'm ok with it. Just hope I won't be too bad of a player for all of you. Especially with the team I selected.

By the way I'm open for any offer I have the blue Jackets.

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 12:08 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
It's how i imagined it but I wasn't sure either way I'm ok with it. Just hope I won't be too bad of a player for all of you. Especially with the team I selected.

By the way I'm open for any offer I have the blue Jackets.
I'll tell you now, some of us play a lot but don't be discouraged if you lose. A lot of people don't play online versus and just play offline. It's different. For those who have never tried and have NHL 12, try it soon.

Luckily nhl 13 will have some changes and will be new to the majority of us, odds are we'll all need some time to adjust.

Old
08-17-2012, 12:09 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo check this:

3. Co-Op/Online Team Play – Have friends play with you against the computer or against another team with human-controlled players in up to 6 vs 6 action. (First time ever in a multi-user dynasty).

and then it mentions:

A GM can both be a player on his team as well as recruit up to twenty-four friends to play with him in co-op or Online Team Play.

What's the difference between Co-op and OTP?

Me thinks:

- Co-op, you and your friends play against the other GM (other GM can be AI or bring other friends too)

- OTP: You and the other GM open ur game to friends AND random OTP people. Basically you can open your game to 12 ppl session and people that click "Drop in game" (but under GM connected) might get randomly put into your lobby.

I THINK I'M ONTO SOMETHING.

Old
08-17-2012, 12:13 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo check this:

3. Co-Op/Online Team Play – Have friends play with you against the computer or against another team with human-controlled players in up to 6 vs 6 action. (First time ever in a multi-user dynasty).

and then it mentions:

A GM can both be a player on his team as well as recruit up to twenty-four friends to play with him in co-op or Online Team Play.

What's the difference between Co-op and OTP?

Me thinks:

- Co-op, you and your friends play against the other GM (other GM can be AI or bring other friends too)

- OTP: You and the other GM open ur game to friends AND random OTP people. Basically you can open your game to 12 ppl session and people that click "Drop in game" (but under GM connected) might get randomly put into your lobby.

I THINK I'M ONTO SOMETHING.
I thnk you're wrong on OTP portion. My understanding is:

Co-op=multiple users from one PS3

OTP=I recruit members and make an EASHL team out of my team.

No randoms in either case.

Old
08-17-2012, 12:15 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
I thnk you're wrong on OTP portion. My understanding is:

Co-op=multiple users from one PS3

OTP=I recruit members and make an EASHL team out of my team.

No randoms in either case.
Poop.

Old
08-17-2012, 12:26 AM
One Trick Pony

Also the way I see it is you play as actual players from the team you're in? Otherwise I don't see the point of a GM.

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 12:27 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Also the way I see it is you play as actual players from the team you're in? Otherwise I don't see the point of a GM.
Yup. You won't be like eashl. You get mtl(i know u dont have mtl, just saying), you have subban, price, etc... you draft and build the team as you wish.

Old
08-17-2012, 12:34 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Yup. You won't be like eashl. You get mtl(i know u dont have mtl, just saying), you have subban, price, etc... you draft and build the team as you wish.
Or they have a random team generator. Could be fun when all 30 teams start with a random roster

Diabolic.

Old
08-17-2012, 01:21 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

I don't care how many people I play or play with. So if we end up voting, that's my stance.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 09:16 AM
pine*

So apparently we're also gonna get a mobile app to "stay connected". Can't wait to have that on my phone, lols.

Quote:
Poop.
Pulling an allnighter is not good.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 10:13 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This league needs a name.

I suggest THPTNHL. (Tequila Heineken Pas l'Temps d'Niaiser Hockey League)

context:

Last edited by Jack Bourdain: 08-17-2012 at 08:29 PM.