HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Design a trade for Bobby Ryan

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-15-2012, 08:35 AM
  #51
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens
 
Le Magnifique 66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
The only way we'd get the Ducks to trade us Ryan would be through a three-way trade but that would be impossible to work out. Staal was the piece that would've gotten us Ryan.
a 3 way deal yes, but not sure 1 for 1 the Ducks would have been interested in 1 year of Staal with the potential of losing him to UFA

Le Magnifique 66 is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 08:42 AM
  #52
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Lesshaus > Morehaus
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Fangorn
Country: United States
Posts: 25,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
And don't even get me started about the Sutter proposal... UGHHHH

Every time someone says this on the internets, I think of this.




Just Say No to Ugh, Ugg and Uhg. Unless you're a 17 year old girl.

I prefer a good "Arrrggghhh" myself.


Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 08:54 AM
  #53
#66
Registered User
 
#66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 10,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Yeah the notion of dumping Kunitz to get Ryan just creates another hole, the goal is to add to the current top 6.
Ideally...

Dupuis, Crosby, Ryan
Kunitz, Malkin, Neal

You move Kunitz and suddenly, your options on the left side get really ugly.
Yeah but if Malkin and Crosby both have legit 35+ goal guys the role of the 3rd wheel can easily be played by Dupes and Cooke. Plus even if Dupes and Cooke don't work out its an easier void to fill.

Even if the cost is Sutter, which would most likely be the case, the Pens can sign a vet 3rd line center and have that be the revolving door over the years. Guys like Gaustad and Arnott come along more often than a Bobby Ryan.

#66 is online now  
Old
08-15-2012, 12:13 PM
  #54
GermanTitov
Registered User
 
GermanTitov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
Sutter is not only our 3rd line center but also a two-way center and a penalty killer. the PK took a huge hit this offseason, if we traded Sutter it would be rough.

Also i wonder if the ducks would even be interested in Kunitz and Tangradi considering thats where we acquired them from. Kunitz isnt getting any younger and Tangradi has been a bust IMO so far.

we also may have burned the "defenseman" bridge with this club. it didnt work out to well for them last time we traded then a Dman.

GermanTitov is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 01:06 PM
  #55
Rocket of Russia
Defender of Tang
 
Rocket of Russia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanTitov View Post
Sutter is not only our 3rd line center but also a two-way center and a penalty killer. the PK took a huge hit this offseason, if we traded Sutter it would be rough.

Also i wonder if the ducks would even be interested in Kunitz and Tangradi considering thats where we acquired them from. Kunitz isnt getting any younger and Tangradi has been a bust IMO so far.

we also may have burned the "defenseman" bridge with this club. it didnt work out to well for them last time we traded then a Dman.
You do realize that teams still make trades with one another even after previous trades have eventually proven lopsided, right?

Rocket of Russia is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 01:28 PM
  #56
GermanTitov
Registered User
 
GermanTitov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket of Russia View Post
You do realize that teams still make trades with one another even after previous trades have eventually proven lopsided, right?
right. but the asking price might be a little higher the 2nd time around.

GermanTitov is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 01:52 PM
  #57
Kunitziwa
Registered User
 
Kunitziwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,995
vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to Kunitziwa
Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
Even if the cost is Sutter, which would most likely be the case, the Pens can sign a vet 3rd line center and have that be the revolving door over the years. Guys like Gaustad and Arnott come along more often than a Bobby Ryan.
True, they also have a few options within the organization as well, namely Vitale or Jeffrey.

Kunitziwa is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 01:56 PM
  #58
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 31,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunitziwa View Post
True, they also have a few options within the organization as well, namely Vitale or Jeffrey.
If Jeffrey can get back on track, he's possible. Vitale is not a 3rd liner.

Ogrezilla is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 02:15 PM
  #59
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma
 
Beauner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Every time someone says this on the internets, I think of this.




Just Say No to Ugh, Ugg and Uhg. Unless you're a 17 year old girl.

I prefer a good "Arrrggghhh" myself.

I personally like this:


Beauner is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 02:40 PM
  #60
Muscles4Malkin
Top-6 Beau
 
Muscles4Malkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Turku
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,102
vCash: 500
Let's just hope that Bennett and Crosby will become great friends at summer and have great chemistry at camp too. Then we would have our own Bobby Ryan, light version.

Muscles4Malkin is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 02:44 PM
  #61
cassius
Registered User
 
cassius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscles4Malkin View Post
Let's just hope that Bennett and Crosby will become great friends at summer and have great chemistry at camp too. Then we would have our own Bobby Ryan, light version.
Hopefully he can learn how to skate at an NHL level in less than 2 months too...

cassius is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 04:52 PM
  #62
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,525
vCash: 500
I wouldn't sleep on the idea of Beau Bennett making this team if he proves to have chemistry with Sid or Geno. His right handed shot alone makes him valuable even in just a few situations a game. I could very well see him finding some chemistry, doing well but not great, and making this squad because he'd make our powerplay better with him on that left wall.

JTG is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 04:55 PM
  #63
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson
 
Crafton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 9,508
vCash: 50
i remember a poster posted some pictures of Bennett training with Crosby in LA. was this an isolated event or is this happening all summer? Duchene trains with Crosby in LA too, right?

Crafton is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 05:17 PM
  #64
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscles4Malkin View Post
Let's just hope that Bennett and Crosby will become great friends at summer and have great chemistry at camp too. Then we would have our own Bobby Ryan, light version.
You've obviously never seen him play and know very little about him...

ObsessedCreative is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 05:18 PM
  #65
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post
i remember a poster posted some pictures of Bennett training with Crosby in LA. was this an isolated event or is this happening all summer? Duchene trains with Crosby in LA too, right?
Yes, I posted those pix. No Duchene was not and has not been here in L.A.

Crosby was here for at least two weeks that I know of he possibly stayed the month.

If I see him again or hear anything i'll keep people posted.

ObsessedCreative is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 05:19 PM
  #66
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I wouldn't sleep on the idea of Beau Bennett making this team if he proves to have chemistry with Sid or Geno. His right handed shot alone makes him valuable even in just a few situations a game. I could very well see him finding some chemistry, doing well but not great, and making this squad because he'd make our powerplay better with him on that left wall.
I'll eat my shoe if he makes this team out of camp and doesn't go to Wilkes-Barre.

ObsessedCreative is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 05:32 PM
  #67
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson
 
Crafton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 9,508
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
Yes, I posted those pix. No Duchene was not and has not been here in L.A.

Crosby was here for at least two weeks that I know of he possibly stayed the month.

If I see him again or hear anything i'll keep people posted.
thanks for the great reconnaissance work.

here's the article i saw from late June talking about Duchene and Crosby in LA.

Crafton is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 05:39 PM
  #68
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post
thanks for the great reconnaissance work.

here's the article i saw from late June talking about Duchene and Crosby in LA.
Yeah, but he was not there that day or the thursday prior... perhaps he is on the big buff summer work-out plan and was at in-n-out getting a quad / quad!

ObsessedCreative is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 05:40 PM
  #69
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!
 
Jules Winnfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
The only way we'd get the Ducks to trade us Ryan would be through a three-way trade but that would be impossible to work out. Staal was the piece that would've gotten us Ryan.
This pretty much. We would have to find a team that has a good 2nd line center available that would be interested in young defensive prospects instead of them trading for Ryan themselves.

Any such teams you can think of? I can't think of any.

Maybe Colorado?

A package for Duchense who is then flipped in a 3way for Ryan? You'd have to question why Colorado wouldn't just deal for Ryan themselves at that point.

Jules Winnfield is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 06:29 PM
  #70
mr sidney crosby
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
This pretty much. We would have to find a team that has a good 2nd line center available that would be interested in young defensive prospects instead of them trading for Ryan themselves.

Any such teams you can think of? I can't think of any.

Maybe Colorado?

A package for Duchense who is then flipped in a 3way for Ryan? You'd have to question why Colorado wouldn't just deal for Ryan themselves at that point.
Do you think any colorado players are available? Paul stastny?

mr sidney crosby is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 07:05 PM
  #71
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson
 
Crafton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 9,508
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sidney crosby View Post
Do you think any colorado players are available? Paul stastny?
Jamie McGinn ($1.750m) / Paul Stastny ($6.600m) / David Jones ($4.000m)
Gabriel Landeskog ($3.575m) / Matt Duchene ($3.500m) / P-A Parenteau ($4.000m)
Milan Hejduk ($2.000m) / Ryan O'Reilly (RFA) / Steve Downie ($2.650m)

too young to trade away - Lando/Duchene
too old to trade away - Hejduk
recently acquired/signed - ROR, PAP, McGinn, Jones, Downie

they seem to be trying to run three scoring lines. i'm not sure how that'll translate. i don't think they're going to sell any of these guys until the deadline and even then i bet they'll be damn hard to pry away. i'd love to see McGinn on this team.

Crafton is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 10:17 PM
  #72
wgknestrick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
I'll eat my shoe if he makes this team out of camp and doesn't go to Wilkes-Barre.
IMAO. Bennett is a long shot to make it to the NHL. He's only played 1 very short season of college hockey. No major junior, nothing. He has played < 50 games over the last 2 years. Do you think he is magically developing playing Xbox?

I wouldn't be surprised if they send him down to Wheeling at some point. The AHL is going to really challenge him.

To think he is going to come out of playing against 2nd tier BCHL players (albeit dominating them) and step right into the NHL is a little far fetched. If he does it, great, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. He's already 21. Time is not on his side.

Kunetzov was drafted after him and has already played over 100 KHL games FWIW.

wgknestrick is offline  
Old
08-15-2012, 10:46 PM
  #73
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
IMAO. Bennett is a long shot to make it to the NHL. He's only played 1 very short season of college hockey. No major junior, nothing. He has played < 50 games over the last 2 years. Do you think he is magically developing playing Xbox?

I wouldn't be surprised if they send him down to Wheeling at some point. The AHL is going to really challenge him.

To think he is going to come out of playing against 2nd tier BCHL players (albeit dominating them) and step right into the NHL is a little far fetched. If he does it, great, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. He's already 21. Time is not on his side.

Kunetzov was drafted after him and has already played over 100 KHL games FWIW.
I think you missed the meaning of my post... it was in response to the guy wishing and hoping that BB was going to make the NHL this year, and me telling him he was bat-dh!t crazy for thinking that.

ObsessedCreative is offline  
Old
08-16-2012, 01:37 AM
  #74
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!
 
Jules Winnfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I wouldn't sleep on the idea of Beau Bennett making this team if he proves to have chemistry with Sid or Geno. His right handed shot alone makes him valuable even in just a few situations a game. I could very well see him finding some chemistry, doing well but not great, and making this squad because he'd make our powerplay better with him on that left wall.
Bylsma would probably have Bennett on the 4th line depth chart, probably somewhere right under Richard Park even though Park is in the Swiss league next year.

Jules Winnfield is offline  
Old
08-16-2012, 01:39 AM
  #75
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!
 
Jules Winnfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sidney crosby View Post
Do you think any colorado players are available? Paul stastny?
It's possible Stastny is available. If he was, I could see Toronto making a huge pitch for him. He's American and Burke would love to turn the Toronto Maple Leafs into Team USA north if he could.

Jules Winnfield is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.