HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What NFL team do you cheer for?

Old
08-16-2012, 12:28 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffy View Post
Oh they were cursed long before that lol.. you can't lose 4 straight Super Bowls without some seriously Ballard-eske mojo going on. Sure didn't help though for sure. I've always hated the Bills, but even I cheered for Flutie when he was there. That was awful... how do you yank Flutie (winner) for Rob freakin' Johnson (loser).
There was something wrong in that Bills dressing room. The Thurmon Thomas helmet thing was always fishy to me. Somebody was trying to make him look like a fool.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 12:39 AM
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke meat pete View Post
There was something wrong in that Bills dressing room. The Thurmon Thomas helmet thing was always fishy to me. Somebody was trying to make him look like a fool.
Refresh my memory, rings a bell but can't place it.

R.I.P. Darryl buddy... it was too soon.. too soon
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 01:00 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffy View Post
Refresh my memory, rings a bell but can't place it.
In the 2nd loss, to the Skins he missed the first 2 plays of the game because he couldn't find his helmet. He ended up with 13 yards on 10 carries.

Quote:
Thurman Thomas, the angry young man of Super Bowl XXVI, has turned pacifist for Super Bowl XXVII.

Gone is the chip on his shoulder of a year ago -- the one he dared anyone to knock off.

Gone, too, is the shrill blast of discord on the Buffalo Bills. It's been replaced by the light, harmonious note of unity.

Not gone, though, is the nightmarish memory of the lost helmet. Thomas' lost helmet.

When someone unwittingly moved his helmet from the spot he had left it moments before the Bills' offense took the field against the Washington Redskins last year, the veteran running back was forced to sit out the first two plays of Super Bowl XXVI.

And if that is his fate, to live in Super Bowl infamy because of a misplaced helmet, Thomas sounded resigned to that fate yesterday.

Asked if he thought the memory of the lost helmet might disappear with a Buffalo victory over the Dallas Cowboys in SuperBowl XXVII Sunday, Thomas said, "Probably not. I know what the first headline is going to be: 'Bills win Super Bowl -- Thurman Thomas finds helmet.' "

Old
08-16-2012, 02:37 AM
Nazem Rielly

Die hard Eagles fan and root for the Bills since my uncles are big fans and I go to one game per year. Can't say no to the tailgating in Buffalo

Nazem Rielly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 03:19 AM
Gardiner Express
(base)ball is life

seahawks all dayyyyyyyy

Gardiner Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 03:23 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardiner Express View Post
seahawks all dayyyyyyyy
I cheered for the Seahawks in the Bosworth years. So, not very long.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:33 AM
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke meat pete View Post
In the 2nd loss, to the Skins he missed the first 2 plays of the game because he couldn't find his helmet. He ended up with 13 yards on 10 carries.
Heh. yup yup, ty for that memory lol

Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 03:52 AM
MrLegend28

Rams

MrLegend28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 09:49 AM
Miester

I was only 4 and didn't know any player names but the first game I vividly remember watching was the game Majkowski got injured. Was replaced by a guy I'd find out later was named Brett Favre. The rest is history. Cheesehead for life

Miester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 10:42 PM
James Duthie
Kadri is 3 Hunna

Pats fan since 04, I just started to get into football, for me at that age I found the sport so stupid since the clock continued to run and I'm just thinking there wasting time. But I really got into the sport after seeing the Pats playoff run and then witnessing them winning the superbowl. I always loved Tom Brady, especially for his wife

James Duthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:16 PM
punchboxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Duthie View Post
Pats fan since 04, I just started to get into football, for me at that age I found the sport so stupid since the clock continued to run and I'm just thinking there wasting time. But I really got into the sport after seeing the Pats playoff run and then witnessing them winning the superbowl. I always loved Tom Brady, especially for his wife
Ahaha thats good.

punchboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Epoch

Steelers.

Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 09:52 AM
the squared circle

Bills and Giants.

My dad is a Giants fan from back around the early 60s or so, so he brought me up as a Giants fan. In high school (mid 80's) I started to play on the school team, and followed the NFL much closer. At that time I became a Bills fan since they were becoming a very strong and exciting team to watch.

I truly hope we can get an NFL team here one day. I have no doubt we will get one, its just a matter of when. I wish we could trade the Craptors for an NFL team.

the squared circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 02:46 PM
tmlfan98
Disappointed

I like the Jets, Eagles, and Colts but out of those three teams the Jets are my favourite

tmlfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 03:03 PM
Badger Mayhew*

San Diego. Super Chargers!

Badger Mayhew* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 04:25 PM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

vCash: 294
Patriots Fan and Manning/Broncos (de facto) fan.

I also really enjoyed Tebow-mania, mostly because I was able to troll everyone in my fantasy pool by starting him at QB last year (and still managing to win my games...).

indigobuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Bionda
Faptors Nation #RTZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolBlue View Post
San Francisco 49ers we are back!!

Question for fans for an NFL team for Toronto...how...and when is it going to happen?

NFL commish has already stated the NFL covets an NFL team for Toronto the 4th largest market in North America possibly after the NFL returns to Los Angeles!!

Would really love to see Toronto take that next step in becoming a world class city we need a new state of the art NFL stadium and an NFL team so Toronto NFL fans can enjoy watching our own team compete against other world class NFL cities teams featuring the best football players in the world!!

We need to encourage the new MLSE ownership group to pursue asap an NFL team for Toronto they have the money to get it done!!
Please. Toronto isn't a "world class" city because we don't have an NFL venue? Don't give me that Canadian inferiority complex-riddled attitude. We aren't getting a team anytime soon. Furthermore, how exactly are the likes of Buffalo, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Baltimore etc.. world class cities ?

Sure some top-notch cities like Chicago and San Francisco have teams, but I don't see how it makes us lack legitimacy as a metropolis. I would like to retain the Argonauts if an NFL team does show up. Getting rid of the oldest professional franchise in North America would not sit well with me, even if I am a bigger NFL fan, and only a casual CFL fan.

As far as the thread is concerned, I am a Steelers fan. I have been since Rod Woodson donned the cleats. I was heartbroken when we lost the Super Bowl against the Cowboys in '95, and also pretty devastated in '11 against the Pack.

Bionda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Lebanese Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionda View Post
Please. Toronto isn't a "world class" city because we don't have an NFL venue? Don't give me that Canadian inferiority complex-riddled attitude. We aren't getting a team anytime soon. Furthermore, how exactly are the likes of Buffalo, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Baltimore etc.. world class cities ?

Sure some top-notch cities like Chicago and San Francisco have teams, but I don't see how it makes us lack legitimacy as a metropolis. I would like to retain the Argonauts if an NFL team does show up. Getting rid of the oldest professional franchise in North America would not sit well with me, even if I am a bigger NFL fan, and only a casual CFL fan.

As far as the thread is concerned, I am a Steelers fan. I have been since Rod Woodson donned the cleats. I was heartbroken when we lost the Super Bowl against the Cowboys in '95, and also pretty devastated in '11 against the Pack.
I've always thought that maybe if/when we get an NFL, we name them the Toronto Argonauts. In effect just shift the history and tradition of the Argos over to the NFL. You wouldn't have to bring the retired numbers and records over since its a different league all-together, but keep the logo, colours, jerseys, etc.

Lebanese Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Bionda
Faptors Nation #RTZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
I've always thought that maybe if/when we get an NFL, we name them the Toronto Argonauts. In effect just shift the history and tradition of the Argos over to the NFL. You wouldn't have to bring the retired numbers and records over since its a different league all-together, but keep the logo, colours, jerseys, etc.
We'd probably transfer their ineptitude over to the new team.

Release your #1 RB w/o any compensation or trade? Sure, sounds good man

Or maybe we barter off the Raps for a lowly/ snakebitten franchise?

It's tough being a Toronto sports fan

Bionda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 09:14 PM
Lebanese Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionda View Post
We'd probably transfer their ineptitude over to the new team.

Release your #1 RB w/o any compensation or trade? Sure, sounds good man

Or maybe we barter off the Raps for a lowly/ snakebitten franchise?

It's tough being a Toronto sports fan
Yea I hear you.

I stopped caring for the CFL a while ago. I respect the quality of the league as 2nd best to the NFL, and I knew several players personally who coached my football team about 5 years ago. But I just can't take it as seriously as the NFL, mainly because there's only 8 teams. I just don't see the great joy in being the best of 8 teams at something, especially when 6/8 make the playoffs. Even my men's league soccer team competes in a league of 12.

Lebanese Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 09:29 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

Bills and colts fan in that order

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

I've been a diehard Dallas Cowboys fan since the day of Roger Staubach.

PS. The Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders may have drawn me in originally as well.

08-17-2012, 09:41 PM
KapG

Green. Bay. Packers.

KapG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 09:43 PM
KapG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
Biggest Packers fan in Toronto. I am a part-owner in the Packers, and hold an actual stock certificate (I know, it's a very small percentage, but I'm still proud).
K bud, biggest fan in Toronto eh?

big statement.

KapG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Brown Dog

Chiefs

Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote