Notices

Steve Begin gets proffesional tryout

Old
08-16-2012, 01:35 PM
Ynnek

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
To be fair, Begin can make life rough for many players heh.
That is true but if they can't handle it how are they going to handle Clutterbuck and Konopka who is now in our division?

Ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
I'm of the opinion that Begin's career was winding down due to injuries. Perhaps some time off was exactly what his body needed. However, if he is not good enough then I don't want him any where near the team because of favoritism.

And again as I stated, I'm sure over the next year that we will see 2-3 of Hartley's past players brought in to change the culture more favorably of where the coach wants to take the team. Make no doubt about it, some will not make Hartley's cut and bodies will moved be out. This happens with every coaching change.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Volica

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post

Comparing Begin, a former Flame to a homeless person is pretty gutless as well.
Disappointing from a flames fan. Disappointing from a fan of hockey.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 06:20 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Wow I can't believe how overblown this has gotten at the end of the day it is really a meh move either way, I and several others feel that we don't need anymore competition with all the kids that we have who could make the team, I also understand the other view that if he is better he should get the spot. I personally think that even if Begin is slightly better a kid should get it as what Bouma or Aliu or Horak etc could gain from a year in the nhl would be more valuable long term. As I said this is a meh move either way but I like that Feaster isn't going to just sit by and not try and improve the roster in all ways possible.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 08:03 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
I agree, this isn't a huge move either and its likely being over analyzed because there's nothing else to talk about. Seriously, the fact this thread has gone 4 pages is amusing in itself.

I agree with Glen in that if it is close, that spot should go to youth to further the development of our players. I will stand by my comments though that the Flames lacked intensity, desperation, and killer instinct. Begin in his prime provided all those aspects. If he is truly healthy and can provide those same intangibles then I could see him as an asset. However, if his game is not where it needs to be then at least the Flames gave him the peace of mind to know he tried his best. Either way, he will push our kids to be better providing there's even a training camp.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1200
Hey guys, c'mon...

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote