HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Grabovski+ for your 1C

Old
08-15-2012, 03:43 AM
Dafe

vCash: 500
you aren't getting a #1 C with these awful proposals, that's for sure.

Dafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 03:43 AM
Duskog
Smugnorance is bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
yea cause trading kessel is the only way we are getting a 1C...
In the million threads your fanbase has created looking for one, have you found any deals that both teams would agree to that don't include Kessel?

Duskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 03:44 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
No, but the point is without Kessel in the deal you're going to have to give up a lot. Likely more than you want. Likely enough that if anyone proposed it you'd call them crazy. Number one centers are probably the most coveted players in the league. Those guys are really hard to come by. You won't pry one from another team without a huge payment. You need an embarrassment of riches in the minors or extremely talented NHL depth at a certain position to get teams to listen to offers for a 1st line C. I don't think Toronto really has that, and while I think they could put together a decent package, I think they'd likely be outbid by other teams.
it can be done...

a player like stasny or wait for getzlaf

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 03:47 AM
Machinehead
#SearchForMcDonagh

I don't want anything the Leafs have in exchange for Brad Richards.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 04:30 AM
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I don't want anything the Leafs have in exchange for Brad Richards.
We don't want Brad Richards.

Tyler Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 04:40 AM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
it can be done...

a player like stasny or wait for getzlaf
The thread isn't about FAs, it's about the cost in a trade for a center.

As for Stastny, sure, Toronto could put together a good offer, but I think they could be easily outbid if it were known Stastny was available.

TheUnseenHand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 05:05 AM
Fist of Fury
Wang Chung

Leafs should have just acquire Ribeiro when he was available, now you're stuck with Connolly/Bozak as your 1st line center... or are they really gonna try Van Riemsdyk between Lupul/Kessel?

Paul Stastny would look good with the Leafs.

Fist of Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 05:13 AM
Avs44

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabs40 View Post
Leafs should have just acquire Ribeiro when he was available, now you're stuck with Connolly/Bozak as your 1st line center... or are they really gonna try Van Riemsdyk between Lupul/Kessel?

Paul Stastny would look good with the Leafs.
Unfortunately no one the Leafs are willing to offer would look good on the Avs

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 05:15 AM
Honour Over Glory

Only a team that has a center down the depth chart that can be a top 6 on plenty of teams, is a guy you can pry with a package of Grabovski + and it wouldn't be just one +, it'd be a few. Staal would have been perfect and the Pens would have gouged the Leafs and I doubt Burke would have cared because he would have gotten his #1 guy. Leafs still might have that guy in their system and just need the time to find out themselves.

Good luck with that.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 05:18 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:

As for Stastny, sure, Toronto could put together a good offer, but I think they could be easily outbid if it were known Stastny was available.
Stastny's #'s the last 2yrs and his cap hit makes me think he's really not a guy that teams would bid for. Ribeiro was a better "get" for the Caps than Stastny would be. I mean, when you think about that...is Stastny really going to cost a team a lot to get? The only problem with Stastny is...do you want to invest in a trade where you lost some decent assets for a guy that is declining with a pretty big cap hit?

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Eskimo44

If a team is trading a 1st line center i think Grabovski is a pretty realistic centerpiece in a deal, he's a very good player.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 08:55 AM
Tacos
Wheeeee

Quite honestly, the Leafs are going to have wait it out.
Either draft your #1C, acquire during the UFA period or build one up internally. There is little chance that the Leafs will trade for one at this time, Burke has already played his cards for top line talent and you got Kessel.
Looking at nhlnumbers, the Leafs have invested the most in forwards and least in goalies per cap hit in comparison to every other team in the league. Which makes sense when you see the Leafs projected netminders for this season.
You gotta ask yourself, how true is the adage of "building from the net out" true? Can The Leafs seriously consider that even with two solid lines up front and a good D pairing in the back, Reimer is enough to carry a seasons workload to ensure a playoff spot?
Your need is definately a goalie for the immediate situation and than make getting the #1C a secondary goal

Tacos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:06 AM
LSnow

Yeah weird that Leafs didnt offer anything for Ribeiro, probably a leafs 2nd would have outbid us , but i think people are vary of his "personality", lackluster defence and inconsistency..

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:19 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonite View Post
Grabovski is not the starting point for discussions involving number one centers. Which are typically not for trade anyways.
He is right. Usually the starting point around here is Sam Gagner for your number 1 dman.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:20 AM
D3ADLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyungnam View Post
Grabo+Reilly+kessel+1st would be the overpayment you're looking at
Call me crazy but i would do that for Malkin and build around him. I don't think Pens would do it but there is no one person worth that much at C (other than SID and Gino).

D3ADLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
BUNGLADEISH

The offers in this thread are ridiculous.

It doesn't take a freaking Kessel type player to get a #1 C. Want some proof? Just look at the two Carter trades, and the Richards trade.

Unless we are talking Crosby/Malkin, there is no way a reasonable GM is asking for Kessel if they are actually selling a top line C.

It usually takes one good secondary roster piece, and a good young player. Following that template, I think something like Grabovski + Kadri for a top 20 #1 C/Grabovksi + Gardiner for a top 10 C #1 C could get done if some players were made availalbe. More pieces would probably have to be added, but that should be the core of the deal.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
BUNGLADEISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3ADLY View Post
Call me crazy but i would do that for Malkin and build around him. I don't think Pens would do it but there is no one person worth that much at C (other than SID and Gino).
Build around him with what exactly? Kulemin?

That trades creates more holes than it fills, and will for sure keep us in the bottom 5, possibly bottom 3, again.

While the value is good there, we don't have the roster depth to make any move like that. Burke and Nonis have already said they are not changing the core of this team. That kind of a trade contradicts that statement.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:31 AM
brochenski
@brochenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
They haven't displayed much if any chemistry together, so that is why.
If you look at their stats, Kessel had better possession and goal scoring numbers with him than without, and by quite about too.

brochenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:52 AM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
He is right. Usually the starting point around here is Sam Gagner for your number 1 dman.
I do not understand this attitude. It is a starting point. You can start from anywhere and get to where you need to be. You could pick a starting point of Frattin for Crosby, and it would just be that: a starting point. In no way does that term mean "the main piece in the trade".

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 10:00 AM
hlaverty06

I think Toronto just has to go this season without a #1 then make big push for Getzlaf, Weiss, etc during FA next year

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 10:13 AM
D3ADLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
Build around him with what exactly? Kulemin?

That trades creates more holes than it fills, and will for sure keep us in the bottom 5, possibly bottom 3, again.

While the value is good there, we don't have the roster depth to make any move like that. Burke and Nonis have already said they are not changing the core of this team. That kind of a trade contradicts that statement.
Well i did say for Malkin But yea no one does that trade because like you mentioned it leaves a hole in our line up and it's hard to give up such good player so Pens probably say no on that basis.

D3ADLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 10:23 AM
Dunni

Have to wait it out. A #1C is only coming to the Leafs via free agency or the draft, and we're all going to have to deal with it.

In the meantime, we could always try playing our C prospects at C...

Dunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
The offers in this thread are ridiculous.

It doesn't take a freaking Kessel type player to get a #1 C. Want some proof? Just look at the two Carter trades, and the Richards trade.

Unless we are talking Crosby/Malkin, there is no way a reasonable GM is asking for Kessel if they are actually selling a top line C.

It usually takes one good secondary roster piece, and a good young player. Following that template, I think something like Grabovski + Kadri for a top 20 #1 C/Grabovksi + Gardiner for a top 10 C #1 C could get done if some players were made availalbe. More pieces would probably have to be added, but that should be the core of the deal.
And neither of those guys are on your team. If it's so easy, why are you still without a 1C?

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:

Yes, but if it is at the trade deadline, and it seems like they aren't going to resign the player, why not cash in on him? Grabo+Cond. 1st 2014 if he resigns?

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
And neither of those guys are on your team. If it's so easy, why are you still without a 1C?
We were outbid on Richards, and Carter was not going to be a fit for us, as shown what happened with Nash.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote