Old
08-20-2012, 11:47 AM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Inglasias 3 for 3 with Pawtucket yesterday- on base over 400 for the month

Xander Bogearts 2-4 with two doubles with Sea Dogs (kid is a stud)

most amazing thing I got out of last night's game is Orel Hershiser (who was a borderline HOF and my version of a guy like Patrice Bergeron- winner, great guy, great player) saying Bobby V wanted him to be his pitching coach but LL told Bobby V no, he would have to take Bob McClure.

If this is true and why wouldn't it be, shame on LL. Wow, just wow. Not a fan of Bobby V but Hershiser has served in that spot before and has a very similar background in front office and field as Farrell and would command respect because of who and what he is.

Unbelievable
Larry really needs to go.

Old
08-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Johnnyduke

Waiting for Seguin2Marshmont's defense of Lucchino. He clearly runs baseball operations, not just the "business" side.

Old
08-20-2012, 02:06 PM
Johnnyduke

In 29 innings at Pawtucket, Bard has 29 walks, has hit nine guys and has nine wild pitches. If that's not the definition of a head case, I don't know what is.

Old
08-20-2012, 03:02 PM
CDJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyduke View Post
In 29 innings at Pawtucket, Bard has 29 walks, has hit nine guys and has nine wild pitches. If that's not the definition of a head case, I don't know what is.
Like I said earlier, I would be petrified to face him. He has no idea where the ball is going.

Old
08-20-2012, 03:14 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
That is one.

But more for me is his bias is so poorly hidden that it is actually insulting.

He pushed for Valentine and has defended him every step of the way, but he does it in such intellectually dishonest ways it's ridiculous.

His main thing today is about how manager's have lost their power. Now, I don't disagree with all of it, but it is all about defending Valentine, by saying a guy like him can't manage like he could 20 years ago. Well ****, a pilot from twenty years ago probably would have to learn some new **** too, right. Instead of pointing out that Francona's way was incredibly successful for a long time, he bemoans that athletes, because of money, are whiny. INSIGHTFUL! GROUNDBREAKING!

But here, I'll be more specific.

4. Interesting that the guy the Red Sox wanted to manage (John Farrell, Toronto), has a worse record than the guy who wound up managing (Bobby Valentine). And another runner-up (Dale Sveum, Cubs) has an even worse record.

Anyone with a brain can see the Grand Canyon sized hole in this "interesting" observation. One of those guys took over a team everyone knew sucked and would be bad in the Cubs, and the other manages a team that doesn't have more talent and 173 million dollar payroll. Also, Toronto has had enough injuries themselves.

But the truth is not the point, defending his ****ing binky is.

This **** goes on all the time. Every week.

But even beyond his binkyism is his constant, stupid commentary.

Like this.

1. One of my readers asked, “What was the Red Sox record when Kelly Shoppach started?” Much to my shock, it was 26-16. OK, some of that reflects Boston’s success against lefthanded pitching. But the conclusion is, should Shoppach have played more?

How ****ing lazy is this? A reader asks a question, and when he answers it he actually addresses what the cause is, that the Sox played Shoppach against lefties, which the team has hit well against. But no, he actually says the conclusion is a question.

The conclusion is a question made me stop and shake my head. Literally happened.

Or how about this.

7. Don’t know what to make of Carl Crawford. Sometimes he looks like the Tampa Bay Carl Crawford and sometimes he looks like the Boston Carl Crawford.

Good grief. This is one of his notes! His Sunday, prime-time column, Sunday, MLB notes. Sometimes Carl Crawford looks good, sometimes he doesn't.

It is terrible.

He has no integrity, is clearly in the owners pocket (as he displayed with that reprehensible "Sox Owners are Accountable" column), and is purely agenda driven.

And on top of all of that he writes stupid, illogical commentary that a smart 16-year-old can see is ********.
Cafado has cultivated relationships often with renegades or not supposed core guys. He's got Shoppach's back and Shoppach has his ear- also Borras and JP Riccardi are other Nick guys. Borras knows he can count on Cafado for getting the message out as sublty as it is- Ellsbury's pay day doesn't look that great right now if Borass thinks he is getting 20 Mil somewhere but there is Nick saying 'a Red Sox source says he wants to stay?' probably Boras telling Jacoby what to say to Cafado.

Until LL goes back to the business side suuuuuuuuure, this team is in trouble. LL made the Beckett/Lowell- Ramirez/Sanchez deal with the help of BC and Bill Lajoie and he thinks he is smarter than he is.

Bobby V was just a horrible decision make a gazillion times worse in they gave the poor sob no power and a minimal staff

Old
08-20-2012, 03:15 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Reeeeeeally have to hope he is injured, because that is getting into Steve Blassie disease territory.

Old
08-20-2012, 03:35 PM
bp13

Quote:
Reeeeeeally have to hope he is injured, because that is getting into Steve Blassie disease territory.
Mike, seriously, what injury could that be? In your wildest imagination, name an affliction that seems reasonable given he still has his velocity, still has the K's, and he's continued to go out there and embarrass himself on a regular basis.

He's got the disease.

Old
08-20-2012, 03:48 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

It's Steve Blass, maybe you were thinking of the wrestling manager.

Old
08-20-2012, 04:05 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
It's Steve Blass, maybe you were thinking of the wrestling manager.
I just screwed up.

Old
08-20-2012, 04:37 PM
CDJ*

The yips suck

They are unbelievably frustrating. I went through a period where I could not warm up without throwing the ball over my partners head or into the ground. Tough to explain what happens, but it happens.

Fortunately, it is completely mental. He'll overcome it this offseason. He just needs to simplify everything and keep throwing.

Old
08-20-2012, 05:15 PM
CDJ*

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...another-season

Article about how Bobby V should stay for next year. Notice that it is written by ESPN New York. I would want him to stay if I was a Yankee fan as well

Old
08-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
this is going to change the season around

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
#redsox fire pitching coach bob mcclure

Old
08-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
this is going to change the season around

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
#redsox fire pitching coach bob mcclure
Looks like we will have to suffer from another year of Bobby V drama...

Old
08-20-2012, 05:41 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

yes he was an awful coach!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally some goood news.

Old
08-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Teufelsdreck

I can understand why the Yankees have come to the fore, and the Rays are still a factor, but why are the Orioles up there?

Old
08-20-2012, 05:45 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I can understand why the Yankees have come to the fore, and the Rays are still a factor, but why are the Orioles up there?
16-0 in extra innings

Old
08-20-2012, 05:47 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
16-0 in extra innings
Wait seriously? That's friggin absurd.

Old
08-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Yup it is. true/absurd

Old
08-20-2012, 06:10 PM
Johnnyduke

I don't really care that McClure was fired, but the question remains...why was he "assigned" to Bobby V's staff to begin with? Maybe, just maybe they finally realize that a manager needs to be able to pick his own guys.

Old
08-20-2012, 06:42 PM
CDJ*

Thank God McClure is gone. I have never seen a pitching staff go to complete **** quicker than I have this year. Granted, not a lot of it is his fault, but the issues Bard has had combined with the obvious mechanical flaws Lester had for a couple months lead me to believe that McClure was simply helpless and incapable of providing any sort of value to this team

Old
08-20-2012, 06:56 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
16-0 in extra innings
Holy ****!

Also, McClure had to go, but honestly, Bobby V is probably following him out in October.

Old
08-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Johnnyduke

Quote:
Also, McClure had to go, but honestly, Bobby V is probably following him out in October.
Not saying you're wrong, but if so, why fire McClure right now?

Old
08-20-2012, 07:15 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Not saying you're wrong, but if so, why fire McClure right now?
They probably think they still have an outside chance and they have to do something.

Old
08-20-2012, 07:46 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
I don't really care that McClure was fired, but the question remains...why was he "assigned" to Bobby V's staff to begin with? Maybe, just maybe they finally realize that a manager needs to be able to pick his own guys.
he was supposed to be Sveum's pitching coach from their days with the Brewers- but that all changed when Thomas Jeffereson Lucchino and Ben Franklin Valentine got together one wintery night and conjured up this fiasco. (notice how I made Valentine, Franklin- well he is an inventor).

When I get sad over this team I think of not rain drops on roses, or whiskers on kittens, but an infield of Gonzalez-Pedroia-Inglasias/Boegarts-Middlebrooks and then I practice visualization where Larry Lucchino doesn't interfere with baseball player related moves.

Closed Thread