HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Fans, which era do you prefer?

View Poll Results: ...
Kesler-Sedins 89 47.85%
West Coast Express 24 12.90%
Linden/Bure/Adams/McLean 69 37.10%
Smyl/Gradin/Snepsts/Brodeur 4 2.15%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-10-2013, 01:25 PM
J Canuck

vCash: 500
The '82 run is one of my earliest NHL memories and was my earliest start as a Canucks fan. The Linden/Bure/McLean team is the team that solidified my commitment to the Canucks when I started getting into hockey as an adult. The WCE era kept me hooked and well entertained, had everything but a top tier goalie. The current era is the best we've had.

I think after a few years of nostalgia when the wounds aren't fresh I'll have an even higher estimation of the current group. The Sedins made me just as giddy as Bure did most games.

J Canuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 01:26 PM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatNUCKS View Post
I prefer a new era. It is era which is coming soon...
The Brendan Gaunce era!

No pressure kid...

PRNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 01:46 PM
NoShowWilly

that 2010-2011 season seals it for me, even with the ending. My mom was terminally ill throughout that season and passed just before the playoffs. Hockey was one of the few things i could get lost in.

That team was a pleasure to watch. Every night i had the feeling that the Canucks were going to win. Very top in nearly every category. Great offense, defense, pk, pp. Most goals for, least against. We were spoiled.

NoShowWilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 02:02 PM
NuckleTort

I voted for Linden & Co.
Specifically, I was a big fan of Adams at the time. I don't really see a comparable on this current squad. Heh...perhaps Booth for the games lost to injury

I do respect that today's Canucks are, arguably, better. However, nostalgia wins out for me on this issue. The recent disappointments are still too fresh to ignore. We'll see how the next decade pans out and hope there is another era that can surpass these two great eras in Canuck history, and bring a Cup to Vancouver.

NuckleTort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 02:51 PM
stickside

West Coast Express. Pure offense. Was a great brand of hockey to watch.

The Sedins score some nice goals but overall I'd prefer to watch end to end action instead of down low cycles.

stickside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 02:57 PM
MrShift4
GRRRR.......Babe

94 Coaching with current era's talent

MrShift4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 03:44 PM
sk8er

For me, it was all about the '94 Stanley cup run.. Watching Bure night in and night out was amazing. That goal that he scored on the cross ice pass from Jeff brown was every bit as important as Burrows great goal against Chicago.
I love today's team and the skill of the Sedins, but that 94 team had it all. I still maintain if the league had not given the teams an extra day off before the seventh game, we would have beat them. The rangers were pretty tired and we were young and exuberant. Once again, the league steps in to alter the plan.

sk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 03:48 PM
VeteranNetPresence
Disco Super Fly.

i'm sure the sedins are great people i just don't like how they play the games come playoff time. just my opinion

VeteranNetPresence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 03:51 PM
saskganesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Can I answer with the Linden/Bure/Adams/Courtnall/McLean era?
I went there.

Living in Vancouver in the early 90's, it was exciting to see the franchise rise up to a new level. Having the electric Bure around was part of that.

saskganesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Bobby Lou
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
Not to discount the current group's achievements, but yeah, I'm a '94 crew guy in my heart.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Nucker101

I'm too young too remember the 90's teams, but you just can't beat that Linden and Bure combination.

Nucker101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 05:10 PM
BloatedGuppy

94 by a fair margin.

The current core has had far more regular season success, and is the better team on paper, but it has also been the victim of a series of SPECTACULAR collapses.

Throw in all the diving nonsense and the seemingly endless officiating conspiracies and this era has brought as much stress and heartache as it has pleasure.

BloatedGuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Alan Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedGuppy View Post
94 by a fair margin.

The current core has had far more regular season success, and is the better team on paper, but it has also been the victim of a series of SPECTACULAR collapses.

Throw in all the diving nonsense and the seemingly endless officiating conspiracies and this era has brought as much stress and heartache as it has pleasure.
100% absolutely agree.

I liked and respected just about every player on that roster, and was a fan of Quinn, too.

I can't the say the same about the current roster and coach/management.

Alan Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 05:51 PM
JC

Linden/Bure/McLean and Ginooooo!!

JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 06:00 PM
brownbello

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
Linden/Bure/McLean and Ginooooo!!
The Gino era was by far the most entertaining. Outside of Linden I don't know if there will ever be a more loved player than Gino!

brownbello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 06:06 PM
yoss

I go 3 era's deep, vaguely remember Smyl, probably at the tail end of his career.

The current group would be my choice. In a way they have broken my heart the most, and are frustrating as hell to watch sometimes, but 2011 was a magical year from the start right up... (almost) until the very end.

The twins are a thing of beauty to behold from a game to game basis, and along with the other core guys I just am more emotionally attached to this group for some reason, perhaps because i've watched more games the last few years than i ever has as a fan.

94 team a close second, and really established the Canucks as my favorite team by miles and gained my allegiance. Lot of found memories of that cup run, they were the scrappy underdogs that just wouldn't quit. Ton of heart with Linden, that Maclean save against Calgary, Bure with his magic, along with Adams, Ronning, Courtnall, Odjick.

The WCE era i loved as well, though they didn't have much playoff success. Can't really complain against any of the squads other than they never won a cup.

I think this team with the right changes still has a year or two left in them to make some noise. It will be a sad day when the Sedins leave or retire. Assuming they don't get traded, which i hope doesn't happen and isn't even a consideration.

yoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 07:56 PM
JannikAtTheDisco
No panic it's Jannik

My 1st and 2nd year's of university, AKA the 2009-2010 season and the 2010-2011 season. Never been so proud to watch such a skilled group of Canucks, went out there and played hard for EACH OTHER every single night. Going to UVic during that time I met and befriended a LOT of Calgary kids over those 2 years and beyond, so it made the countless Flames/Canucks arguments a lot of fun for me, as well as watching the head to head matchups. I still remember that season ending game where Hank won the Art Ross and Daniel scored the hat trick on the through the legs goal, was just an unreal moment and I happened to be sitting in the caf watching the game with a number of Flames fans.

JannikAtTheDisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 07:59 PM
ThereGoesVirtanen
#53...the future

Jovo was an absolute beast in 2002-03.

ThereGoesVirtanen is offline   Reply With Quote