HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL WELCOME - Xbox 360 - BeAGM NHL 13 SIM League - FULL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-10-2012, 11:36 AM
  #951
RISPECK CLASS 101
Registered User
 
RISPECK CLASS 101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Scotland
Country: Canada
Posts: 883
vCash: 500
Had THE MOST awesome game last night.

It was myself as LD, my cousin playing C and a random at G and LW VS. a full team minus 1 D.

The opposing team was up 2-0 on a shot that literally just fell at goalies feet and got poked in and another goal where our tender literally passed it right to the other team while he was wandering and they put it in the open cage.

With under 30 seconds to go and still down 2 we enter the zone, cousin rushing in and breaks for the corner as I pinch into the slot off the point. Pass comes to me in the slot, open side of the net is just there for the picking, shot goes wide and into the left corner :-( Winger picks it up in the corner and sends it back to the point where our cpu D man proceeds to launch a rocker right into the top left corner.

Down 2-1 with 18 seconds left to go.

Off the faceoff they make it into our zone and head down along the right side wall, I'm playing very aggressive and attack the puck carrier knocking it loose, I pick up the puck and send it along the wall to our RW who see's my cousin the center streaking up the ice and hits him with the perfect pass to spring him on a breakaway. The goalie comes out to challenge assuming my cousin is going to deak, he doesn't deak at all and fires a shot top right corner, the goalie never saw it coming and couldn't even react until in was already in the cage.

TIE GAME 3.2 seconds left!

Game goes to OT, both teams trade chances when our LW gets sprung on a breakaway, streaking down the ice all the opposing team could do was trip him and hope their goalie could bail them out.

LW streaks down the ice, deaks right, then left, then cuts to the left a lil more before firing a shot off the side of the goalie and in the net.

WE WIN WE WIN!!

Thrilling game, loads of chances both ways and their goalie looked totally unbeatable (His name was "The Truth" or something like that, he was pretty damn good). Just goes to show you should never just mail it in, keep pressing and playing to win until the final buzzer because in NHL 13 just like in the Senators 2011-2012 season, it's never over till it's over.

RISPECK CLASS 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 11:58 AM
  #952
chrewilson
Registered User
 
chrewilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyintherain View Post
Had THE MOST awesome game last night.

It was myself as LD, my cousin playing C and a random at G and LW VS. a full team minus 1 D.

The opposing team was up 2-0 on a shot that literally just fell at goalies feet and got poked in and another goal where our tender literally passed it right to the other team while he was wandering and they put it in the open cage.

With under 30 seconds to go and still down 2 we enter the zone, cousin rushing in and breaks for the corner as I pinch into the slot off the point. Pass comes to me in the slot, open side of the net is just there for the picking, shot goes wide and into the left corner :-( Winger picks it up in the corner and sends it back to the point where our cpu D man proceeds to launch a rocker right into the top left corner.

Down 2-1 with 18 seconds left to go.

Off the faceoff they make it into our zone and head down along the right side wall, I'm playing very aggressive and attack the puck carrier knocking it loose, I pick up the puck and send it along the wall to our RW who see's my cousin the center streaking up the ice and hits him with the perfect pass to spring him on a breakaway. The goalie comes out to challenge assuming my cousin is going to deak, he doesn't deak at all and fires a shot top right corner, the goalie never saw it coming and couldn't even react until in was already in the cage.

TIE GAME 3.2 seconds left!

Game goes to OT, both teams trade chances when our LW gets sprung on a breakaway, streaking down the ice all the opposing team could do was trip him and hope their goalie could bail them out.

LW streaks down the ice, deaks right, then left, then cuts to the left a lil more before firing a shot off the side of the goalie and in the net.

WE WIN WE WIN!!

Thrilling game, loads of chances both ways and their goalie looked totally unbeatable (His name was "The Truth" or something like that, he was pretty damn good). Just goes to show you should never just mail it in, keep pressing and playing to win until the final buzzer because in NHL 13 just like in the Senators 2011-2012 season, it's never over till it's over.

Stop rubbing it in! Some of us do not like to live through your adventures and are instead jealous. Such as myself!

chrewilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 12:04 PM
  #953
moz
Gute Post
 
moz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: England
Posts: 7,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrewilson View Post
MOZ!!! delete some messages so I can actually message you back!
Whoops, done.

__________________
No longer valid
moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 12:11 PM
  #954
moz
Gute Post
 
moz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: England
Posts: 7,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyintherain View Post
Just goes to show you should never just mail it in, keep pressing and playing to win until the final buzzer because in NHL 13 just like in the Senators 2011-2012 season, it's never over till it's over.
Tell me about it, it happened like two years ago but I'll never forget JC/Kellogg's Weberesque through-the-net go-ahead snipe with 0.2 seconds remaining to complete a short-handed, come-from-behind stretch after trailing 3-1 with three minutes to go. In the Elite playoff finals.

moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 12:26 PM
  #955
RISPECK CLASS 101
Registered User
 
RISPECK CLASS 101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Scotland
Country: Canada
Posts: 883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
Tell me about it, it happened like two years ago but I'll never forget JC/Kellogg's Weberesque through-the-net go-ahead snipe with 0.2 seconds remaining to complete a short-handed, come-from-behind stretch after trailing 3-1 with three minutes to go. In the Elite playoff finals.
I bet you were doing the same thing we were last night, freaking out!@

RISPECK CLASS 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 12:36 PM
  #956
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!
 
The Waffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Grenville
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
Whoops, done.
NO MOZ!

Conformity is bad!

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 12:43 PM
  #957
Yokai
Registered User
 
Yokai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 966
Detroit Red Wings:

Trading Block:
Everyone is available - no untouchables

Team Needs:
18-25 year old Defensemen (Potential Top 4)
18-25 year old Center (Potential 1st/2nd Line)
Draft Picks


* If someone can add this to the first page I'd appreciate it.

Yokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 01:11 PM
  #958
moz
Gute Post
 
moz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: England
Posts: 7,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waffler View Post
NO MOZ!

Conformity is bad!
I can still be contacted via twitter.

moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 01:32 PM
  #959
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan
 
saskriders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,246
vCash: 500
Stolen from PS3

Anyone that wants to trade with the Islanders, of the new players added Staios and Jurcina (both 73) are on the block

saskriders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 01:32 PM
  #960
chrewilson
Registered User
 
chrewilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 432
vCash: 500
I also want to gauge interest on Iginla. Anyone interested?

chrewilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 03:09 PM
  #961
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast
 
Jamie Benn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: At The Rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,855
vCash: 500
I, as well as Anaheim and Columbus be at the midnight release in Victoria.

I will be taking offers as soon as I am put into the league.

Jamie Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 03:12 PM
  #962
benjiv1
Registered User
 
benjiv1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yandle Bars View Post
I, as well as Anaheim and Columbus be at the midnight release in Victoria.

I will be taking offers as soon as I am put into the league.
My plan is to send invites for the league tonight. If people can add new as a friend on Xbox live, it will greatly speed up the process!!!

GT- SuicideBlonde1

benjiv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 03:22 PM
  #963
Yokai
Registered User
 
Yokai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiv1 View Post
My plan is to send invites for the league tonight. If people can add new as a friend on Xbox live, it will greatly speed up the process!!!

GT- SuicideBlonde1
Will do, sent my request. I probably won't be on much tomorrow because I've got school from like 7am to 7pm. Then again I might decide to bail on class because it is still first day/information stuff and we never do anything. Either way I'm excited to get going.

Yokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 03:29 PM
  #964
GK
Not Jeeks
 
GK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Peterborough
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiv1 View Post
My plan is to send invites for the league tonight. If people can add new as a friend on Xbox live, it will greatly speed up the process!!!

GT- SuicideBlonde1
I'll add you now.

If anyone wants to play tomorrow, my GT is kaypee1990


Last edited by GK: 09-10-2012 at 03:34 PM.
GK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 03:51 PM
  #965
Deku Scrub
BOP
 
Deku Scrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,126
vCash: 50
I won't be able to play the game until late tomorrow evening. EB Games is too far from my school to walk there. Can't wait!

@benjiv1 I'll add you tonight if I remember (GT: shoblokr)

Deku Scrub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 03:53 PM
  #966
White Goodman
smell that fitness?
 
White Goodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: England
Posts: 6,643
vCash: 50
Mika Z will be at Ottawa's midnight release party. (Merivale Mall)

White Goodman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 03:58 PM
  #967
Deku Scrub
BOP
 
Deku Scrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,126
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
Mika Z will be at Ottawa's midnight release party. (Merivale Mall)
I wish I could go to that!

Also, I have a question. Apparently the injuries are slightly more realistic this year, but from what I've heard they still happen extremely often. Since we are simulating, are we going to play with injuries on or off? Personally I prefer to play with them off because dealing with the large amount of injuries gets extremely tedious.

If everyone wants to play with them on, that's still fine with me. Just wondering which way we are going to go with.

Deku Scrub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 04:07 PM
  #968
Kellogs
G'night Sweet Prince
 
Kellogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,206
vCash: 500
Definitely injuries on. I found injuries to be very realistic in NHL 12.

Kellogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 04:17 PM
  #969
Yokai
Registered User
 
Yokai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 966
I am a fan of the one month on/one month off method. Keeps injuries in the game, but gives you a grace period so your entire team doesn't get injured. If you wanted to be really crazy you could go one week on/one week off. No idea how changing rules in BaGM:C works though.

Yokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 04:19 PM
  #970
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
Detroit Red Wings:

Trading Block:
Everyone is available - no untouchables

Team Needs:
18-25 year old Defensemen (Potential Top 4)
18-25 year old Center (Potential 1st/2nd Line)
Draft Picks


* If someone can add this to the first page I'd appreciate it.
Very interested in Filppula/Zetterberg/Cleary

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 04:36 PM
  #971
White Goodman
smell that fitness?
 
White Goodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: England
Posts: 6,643
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellogs View Post
Definitely injuries on. I found injuries to be very realistic in NHL 12.
My game glitched. Gaborik got a concussion and his return date was scheduled for December 1st, 1911. (NHL 12)

White Goodman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 04:42 PM
  #972
GK
Not Jeeks
 
GK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Peterborough
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
My game glitched. Gaborik got a concussion and his return date was scheduled for December 1st, 1911. (NHL 12)
How long did it say he'd be out for?

"Will return in -101 years.".

GK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 04:51 PM
  #973
hockeyfan747
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 423
vCash: 500
I vote for injuries on as well. Adds another element to the fun.

hockeyfan747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 04:53 PM
  #974
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,841
vCash: 50
We need to decide on the simming speed.

Also, apparently Lupul, Kulemin and MacArthur are all listed as LW so im looking to swap atleast 1 for a similar player at RW.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 05:05 PM
  #975
Deku Scrub
BOP
 
Deku Scrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,126
vCash: 50
Just noticed that Semin hasn't been moved from Washington to Carolina yet.

EA needs to get on that ****. I need him!

Deku Scrub is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.