HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Detroit Red Wings Prospect #11

View Poll Results: Who is #11?
Adam Almqvist 0 0%
Joakim Andersson 10 10.75%
Louis-Marc Aubry 2 2.15%
Mattias Bäckman 1 1.08%
Landon Ferraro 0 0%
Martin Frk 32 34.41%
Nick Jensen 10 10.75%
Alexei Marchenko 7 7.53%
Alan Quine 0 0%
Marek Tvrdoň 31 33.33%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-15-2012, 10:04 PM
  #26
Leadzedder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 526
vCash: 500
I was leaning towards Frk but after watching Tvrdon's clip i'm going with Tvrdon. He seemed to generate all those goals himself. That was impressive. Not sure if he can do that as a pro but looked good.

Leadzedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 10:43 PM
  #27
Wolverine Wings
#thankyoubasedgod
 
Wolverine Wings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 898
vCash: 500
This is close, but I want to see Frk healthy this year, which with Nathan MacKinnon as a linemate I'm sure he will. Tvrdon has successfully bounced back, so I'll give him the very slight edge. Both are similar players, but I like Frk's upside better.

Add Greek Lighting. His nickname explains enough in my opinion.

Wolverine Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 12:49 AM
  #28
Zorin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Zorin
Jensen for me. So far he looks like Smith 2.0 with little less then an inch less size. Almost same weight, similar brand of player/skillset and similar scoring to date. With a breakthrough-season he will skyrocket into the Top-5. Sure he has to keep following Smith's path, but so far it's promising!

add: Callahan

Zorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 01:11 AM
  #29
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Wow.
Tvrdon? Frk?

Marchenko is quite likely the second best defensive prospect in the Red Wings system and he's also likely the closest, after Smith, to being good enough to be in the NHL today.

By the way, I can't stand how google searches have been overrun by "content" by low-rent bloggers from bleacher report and hockeywriters, etc.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 03:58 AM
  #30
Xvash2
Registered User
 
Xvash2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,094
vCash: 500
Pckd Frk fr th nmbr lvn spt.

Xvash2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 06:29 AM
  #31
ricky0034
Registered User
 
ricky0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,883
vCash: 500
Jensen

ricky0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 06:42 AM
  #32
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Wow.
Tvrdon? Frk?

Marchenko is quite likely the second best defensive prospect in the Red Wings system and he's also likely the closest, after Smith, to being good enough to be in the NHL today.

By the way, I can't stand how google searches have been overrun by "content" by low-rent bloggers from bleacher report and hockeywriters, etc.
Marchenko won't wear a red wing uniform, he makes and will make more money in the KHL than in the NHL especially given the fact that they pay no taxes over there.

Also if he must first play in grand rapids then he will leave right away, russians don't want to play for ****** salaries in a bad mediocre league.

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 07:24 AM
  #33
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 25,381
vCash: 955
And if ELC goes up to 5 years, it will be even more likely that he wouldn't come.

But wasn't there talk that Marchenko is willing to come over? Can't remember the source now.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 08:15 AM
  #34
Winger98
Moderator
powers combined
 
Winger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 14,919
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
And if ELC goes up to 5 years, it will be even more likely that he wouldn't come.

But wasn't there talk that Marchenko is willing to come over? Can't remember the source now.
Yeah, there was talk that his goal is the NHL. A lot of the KHL worries have been just because he's Russian and not because of anything he's actually said or done. I wouldn't be surprised if he's fine coming over and playing in GR for a year before making the jump.

__________________
RIP David
Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 08:20 AM
  #35
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The bushes
Country: United States
Posts: 9,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
Yeah, there was talk that his goal is the NHL. A lot of the KHL worries have been just because he's Russian and not because of anything he's actually said or done. I wouldn't be surprised if he's fine coming over and playing in GR for a year before making the jump.
One of the big pluses about him is that hes willing to come over.

Im always leary with euros until they have signed though.

Would it be stupid to think he might finish the year in grand rapids?

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 08:21 AM
  #36
RedMachine87
Registered User
 
RedMachine87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: A^2
Country: United States
Posts: 572
vCash: 500
While I like Frk and Tvrdon, and any prospect with less than one vowel in their name.

I really think people are selling Jensen short around here. He is basically a less talented version of Smith right now. Big, good skater, good offensive instincts, mean, etc... He needs more seasoning, but he'll be an NHL player IMO, and maybe even a really good one.


Last edited by RedMachine87: 08-16-2012 at 08:43 AM.
RedMachine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 09:27 AM
  #37
Winger98
Moderator
powers combined
 
Winger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 14,919
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
One of the big pluses about him is that hes willing to come over.

Im always leary with euros until they have signed though.

Would it be stupid to think he might finish the year in grand rapids?
I have no idea, but if the CBA and his contract situation in Russia allows him to, it would probably be a good idea. It would give him a chance to wedge himself in ahead of Nicastro, Lashoff and Almquist in GR, while getting in well ahead of guys like Sproul and Ouellet and Backman.

We also have at least a couple of contracts expiring on the blueline after this year, giving a guy like Marchenko a shot at moving into the lineup.

Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:09 AM
  #38
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
Yeah, there was talk that his goal is the NHL. A lot of the KHL worries have been just because he's Russian and not because of anything he's actually said or done. I wouldn't be surprised if he's fine coming over and playing in GR for a year before making the jump.
Why would he play in the AHL/NHL when he makes more money in the KHL?

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:50 AM
  #39
RedMachine87
Registered User
 
RedMachine87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: A^2
Country: United States
Posts: 572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Why would he play in the AHL/NHL when he makes more money in the KHL?
Maybe he doesn't trust the corrupt owners in the KHL?

Or maybe, just maybe, he has some pride in what he does and wants to play with/against the best players in the world?

RedMachine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 12:10 PM
  #40
Winger98
Moderator
powers combined
 
Winger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 14,919
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Why would he play in the AHL/NHL when he makes more money in the KHL?
Ask him. Nearly any decent player, especially if he is Russian, could likely earn a fair amount more in the KHL than in the NHL - especially over a short term (look at what they gave Hudler and Radulov for example). But guys still want to come to North America to play.

Marchenko has indicated that his goal is the NHL. If so, coming over later in the year and getting a month or so in with GR could be a huge step in that direction, especially with the shape of Detroit's blueline right now and how some other prospects are a bit further out development wise.

Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 12:16 PM
  #41
Frk It
Thanks for Green!
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 14,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
Nearly any decent player, especially if he is Russian, could likely earn a fair amount more in the KHL than in the NHL - especially over a short term (look at what they gave Hudler and Radulov for example). But guys still want to come to North America to play.
this.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 12:18 PM
  #42
Frk It
Thanks for Green!
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 14,868
vCash: 500
I think Jurco could leapfrog Jarnkrok as the #1 prospect by this time next year. Also I think Frk, Trvdon, and Sheahan will have big years in development

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 01:21 PM
  #43
ComradeChris
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 597
vCash: 500
Next round I expect a tough 50/50 split between Konstantinov 2.0 and Frk. I have Marchenko taking it. Guy is a defensive stalwart. A beast.

ComradeChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 01:44 PM
  #44
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 25,381
vCash: 955
Frk better have as he's playing next to Drouin and MacKinnon, I think.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 02:03 PM
  #45
Run the Jewels
Registered User
 
Run the Jewels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 10,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan2Holland View Post
While I like Frk and Tvrdon, and any prospect with less than one vowel in their name.

I really think people are selling Jensen short around here. He is basically a less talented version of Smith right now. Big, good skater, good offensive instincts, mean, etc... He needs more seasoning, but he'll be an NHL player IMO, and maybe even a really good one.
Agree for the most part, particularly the pick here. From what I gather Jensen is fine with delivering an open ice hit but he doesn't have that same mean streak that Smith has. I am really hoping he has a breakout season this year and then signs with Detroit. Dude scored a hat trick last year, so I think his offensive skill isn't quite registering with some people. Hopefully that changes this season.

Run the Jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 04:02 PM
  #46
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
RIP Octopi
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 23,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Agree for the most part, particularly the pick here. From what I gather Jensen is fine with delivering an open ice hit but he doesn't have that same mean streak that Smith has. I am really hoping he has a breakout season this year and then signs with Detroit. Dude scored a hat trick last year, so I think his offensive skill isn't quite registering with some people. Hopefully that changes this season.
There was talk that Jensen wanted to turn pro after this past year. I think the Wings are the ones keeping him there so I am not worried that he won't turn pro after this season.

In any event I like Jensen a lot just not more than Tvrdon, you know the guy I use as my avatar picture. I actually think he is ahead of Sproul right now. He is on those two (Sproul and Ouellet) guys levels . Marchenko and Jensen are much closer than a lot of people think in my opinion. One other thing when people bring up Smith and Jensen, while Smith might have more overall talent, Jensen is a better skater. Really that isn't even debatable for me, he is the best skating d prospect we have had that I can remember.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 08:09 PM
  #47
Run the Jewels
Registered User
 
Run the Jewels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 10,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
There was talk that Jensen wanted to turn pro after this past year. I think the Wings are the ones keeping him there so I am not worried that he won't turn pro after this season.

In any event I like Jensen a lot just not more than Tvrdon, you know the guy I use as my avatar picture. I actually think he is ahead of Sproul right now. He is on those two (Sproul and Ouellet) guys levels . Marchenko and Jensen are much closer than a lot of people think in my opinion. One other thing when people bring up Smith and Jensen, while Smith might have more overall talent, Jensen is a better skater. Really that isn't even debatable for me, he is the best skating d prospect we have had that I can remember.
Yeah Jensen has wheels. I think he has some similarity to Brian Campbell in that regard.

Run the Jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 01:28 AM
  #48
WesNichols14
Registered User
 
WesNichols14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Port Huron Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,558
vCash: 500
Tvrdon, he's got more size than Frk and has already showed he can put it away. in my mind he could be a 2nd line power forward in the next 3-4 years.
add Athanasiou.

WesNichols14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 01:42 AM
  #49
Frk It
Thanks for Green!
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 14,868
vCash: 500
Is it more likely Trvdon becomes a player like Franzen or a player like Kopecky?

Not saying either is bad, just wondering what people think.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 11:33 AM
  #50
Howard35
Registered User
 
Howard35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,352
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Howard35
add paterson.

Howard35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.