HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

[After Draft] Prospect Ranking: #10

View Poll Results: Yup
Beaupre, Gabriel 0 0%
Blandisi, Joseph 0 0%
Bourke, Troy 3 10.34%
Carey, Paul 0 0%
Chouinard, Joel 0 0%
Clarke, Michael 1 3.45%
Condon, Nathan 0 0%
Connolly, Mike 3 10.34%
Donnelly, Dillon 0 0%
Heard, Mitchell 13 44.83%
Malone, Brad 3 10.34%
Meurs, Garrett 2 6.90%
Millan, Kieran 0 0%
Moffatt, Luke 0 0%
Nermark, Joachim 1 3.45%
Patterson, Kent 3 10.34%
Smith, Colin 0 0%
Walker, Luke 0 0%
Young, Gus 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-13-2012, 05:24 PM
  #1
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,323
vCash: 50
[After Draft] Prospect Ranking: #10

Vote based on who will be the best NHL player. Will do a top 15.
Added: A bunch of prospects.
This will be a 2 day poll.


1. Stefan Elliott, D [48.57%]
GP: 39 | G: 4 | A: 9 | P: 13 [NHL]

2. Duncan Siemens, D [42.59%]
GP: 57 | G: 6 | A: 22 | P: 28 [WHL]

3. Joey Hishon, C [65.38%]
GP: 0 | G: 0 | A: 0 | P: 0 [AHL]

4. Tyson Barrie, D [61.11%]
GP: 49 | G: 5 | A: 27 | P: 32 [AHL]

5. Cameron Gaunce, D [59.46%]
GP: 75 | G: 6 | A: 21 | P: 27 [AHL]


6. Michael Sgarbossa, C [42.22%]
GP: 66 | G: 47 | A: 55 | P: 102 [OHL]


7. Sami Aittokallio, G [55.56%]
GP: 11 | GAA: 2.82 | SVS: .910 [SM-Liiga]


8. Mark Olver, C [47.50%]
GP: 24 | G: 4 | A: 3 | P: 7 [NHL]


9. Calvin Pickard, G [42.31%]
GP: 64 | GAA: 3.59 | SVS: .906 [WHL]




Last edited by S E P H: 08-13-2012 at 06:46 PM.
S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 05:32 PM
  #2
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,323
vCash: 50
Again Bourke over Patterson, Heard, and Malone.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 06:41 PM
  #3
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,067
vCash: 239
Heard, Patterson, Malone, Meurs, Nermark, Beaupre, Bourke imho. Haven't seen enough from Bourke to justify him over the more developed guys yet, but Heard at least has some extra development in him to make him more ready-made.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 07:25 PM
  #4
skip2mybordeleau
Expected Regression
 
skip2mybordeleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,936
vCash: 50
at this point im going connolly until he gets it, the difference between him and olver is not much different , except that connolly is more skilled and olver has more grit.

skip2mybordeleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 07:35 PM
  #5
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,067
vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly2Duchene View Post
at this point im going connolly until he gets it, the difference between him and olver is not much different , except that connolly is more skilled and olver has more grit.
Hate to inform you, but Connolly looks to have a 0.1% of ever being an impactful prospect.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 08:07 PM
  #6
chewey
dmitri
 
chewey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Near You!
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,837
vCash: 136
Wha... what do people see in Calvin Pickard? A top end goalie? Or just a starting goalie? A Andrew Raycroft or Thomas Vokoun?

If its a Thomas Vokoun, he should be a lot higher. If its Raycroft he should be a lot lower. I think he'll end up being like a post - lockout abby!

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 03:21 PM
  #7
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,323
vCash: 50
I will say this about Pickard. He reminds me a lot of Vokoun in terms of he has the ability to make a game changing save in one period and let in a game breaking goal in the next.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 08:30 PM
  #8
skip2mybordeleau
Expected Regression
 
skip2mybordeleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,936
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Hate to inform you, but Connolly looks to have a 0.1% of ever being an impactful prospect.
he didnt look out of place in the last two games he played in last year, other than his size, and im sure he'll see some games this year once injury occur's , if there is a season, this guys on a new training regiment and is going to bring it at training camp. whether or not he's going to be impactful is one thing but were getting into territory of guys who might never play a game in the nhl.

skip2mybordeleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:15 PM
  #9
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Hate to inform you, but Connolly looks to have a 0.1% of ever being an impactful prospect.
Why do you say that?

Christian Litscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:22 PM
  #10
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,067
vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly2Duchene View Post
he didnt look out of place in the last two games he played in last year, other than his size, and im sure he'll see some games this year once injury occur's , if there is a season, this guys on a new training regiment and is going to bring it at training camp. whether or not he's going to be impactful is one thing but were getting into territory of guys who might never play a game in the nhl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAvsFan View Post
Why do you say that?
There was nothing special about his game to distinguish him from any of the Avs other prospects. Olver and Malone should (and are imo) ahead of him at this time. Hishon and Sgarbossa will be ahead of him. Walker, Mercier and Carey might even be ahead of him because they would be better suited for 4th line duty than Connolly.

His call-up was typical of guys brought up, they give everything they've got game one in the hopes of impressing, games two-four is where you evaluate them to see if they might stick and he had a pretty bad game in my opinion. Sure, small sample size, but I can't imagine a scenario where he evens gets to see NHL time next season.

Would love to eat my words, but at this point I expect no better than a career AHLer out him, whereas we've still got a ton of guys that at least have potential to try and crack the NHL roster.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:50 PM
  #11
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
There was nothing special about his game to distinguish him from any of the Avs other prospects. Olver and Malone should (and are imo) ahead of him at this time. Hishon and Sgarbossa will be ahead of him. Walker, Mercier and Carey might even be ahead of him because they would be better suited for 4th line duty than Connolly.

His call-up was typical of guys brought up, they give everything they've got game one in the hopes of impressing, games two-four is where you evaluate them to see if they might stick and he had a pretty bad game in my opinion. Sure, small sample size, but I can't imagine a scenario where he evens gets to see NHL time next season.

Would love to eat my words, but at this point I expect no better than a career AHLer out him, whereas we've still got a ton of guys that at least have potential to try and crack the NHL roster.
He very well could be nothing. I just wouldn't write him off yet, he's put up good numbers everywhere he's been and he's still young. You could tell he had skill from his brief stint here.

Christian Litscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.