HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rude email from True North (upd: post #61)

Old
08-15-2012, 08:34 PM
hoch7231

vCash: 500
Rude email from True North (upd: post #61)

I have season tickets and True North takes monthly payments on my credit card. My card is always in good standing. I was surprised to get this email today:

"Your payment on your Winnipeg Jets season tickets did not go through today, either because you have spent to much money, are having your card replaced due to fraudulent charges or your card has expired and you have not sent us the new expiry date. If you could contact me to inform me when I can process your card or call me with any new credit card information that would be great. You will also be subjected to a $20.00 NSF fee. Please let me know if you have any questions."

Thank-You

person's name
Coordinator, Ticket Administration
True North Sports & Entertainment Limited

First of all there's a spelling error and second of all it's quite rude to say "either because you have spent to much money...". I thought this was quite shoddy from what I feel is a classy organization.

I called and the rep said that this sometimes happens as they process so many transactions. While I was talking to her she says "OH, I just tried it again and it went through fine". LOL Duh! Then she said they will waive the NSF charge.

hoch7231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

So let me guess. You are now bitter, hate TNSE with a passion and wish the Jets ultimate failure.

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I still hate Atlanta Spirit.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 08:43 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoch7231 View Post
I have season tickets and True North takes monthly payments on my credit card. My card is always in good standing. I was surprised to get this email today:

"Your payment on your Winnipeg Jets season tickets did not go through today, either because you have spent to much money, are having your card replaced due to fraudulent charges or your card has expired and you have not sent us the new expiry date. If you could contact me to inform me when I can process your card or call me with any new credit card information that would be great. You will also be subjected to a $20.00 NSF fee. Please let me know if you have any questions."

Thank-You

person's name

First of all there's a spelling error and second of all it's quite rude to say "either because you have spent to much money...". I thought this was quite shoddy from what I feel is a classy organization.

I called and the rep said that this sometimes happens as they process so many transactions. While I was talking to her she says "OH, I just tried it again and it went through fine". LOL Duh! Then she said they will waive the NSF charge.

That is a pretty unprofessional email they sent you, I think you have every right to be upset

bigplay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 08:49 PM
pondnorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoch7231 View Post

Thank-You

person's name

First post ?

pondnorth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 08:51 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
So let me guess. You are now bitter, hate TNSE with a passion and wish the Jets ultimate failure.
I hate Barry Shenkarow

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 08:56 PM
KingSalamon

The unprofessional email is terrible but the fact that when you called and wanted to fix things, they tried to process the card again and it was fine... that's the part that irks me.

You would think that they would verify that the card number is wrong by running it a second time at least. But at least all is well and your tickets are being paid for.

Lastly, you would think that TNSE has a form letter created to email out to STH's when this happens and I am sure it is a common issue.

KingSalamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
I hate Barry Shenkarow
I still hate Susan Thompson, Gary Filman, the above-mentionned, Garry Bettman and those damn dirty desert dogs

Old
08-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 850
Perhaps a letter of complaint to TNSE would have been a more effective way of dealing with this matter versus a post on HF?

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:06 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

"I was on the internet logging my displeasure within minutes! Worst. Transaction. Ever."

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

How dare they!

Old
08-15-2012, 09:13 PM
Zhamnov10

exact same thing happened to me the lady said she waits for people to call her back before trying to run the card through again pretty much a complete waste of time for me double checking things were in order on my end,I even called my credit card company to see what happened.Not the best system they have going on there.

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:13 PM
Canadienjet

I hate MLSE it's all relevant.

Canadienjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I don't see the problem with the OP. People post about the great things TNSE does all the time and the second someone says something negative it doesn't have any grounds to be on HF?...

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Andy6
Court Jetster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
That is a pretty unprofessional email they sent you, I think you have every right to be upset
It's semi-literate. "Either" can only precede two alternatives, not three as they have here. It seems rather peculiar for them to speculate, almost in a gossipy fashion, about your spending habits.

Amateurish effort, particularly given the amount of money they're raking in from people like you.

Andy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
I don't see the problem with the OP. People post about the great things TNSE does all the time and the second someone says something negative it doesn't have any grounds to be on HF?...
I'm not sure about it having grounds to be on HF or not, that isn't my call to make; it seems logical that a more effective way of dealing with the matter though would be via further and direct contact with TNSE versus posting about it on a non-affiliate messageboard. TNSE may indeed be at fault, or perhaps the credit card company, or maybe the issuing bank, or the poster may have had personal credit issues for all anyone knows. Regardless, it just seems a strange way of dealing with the matter, IMO, especially with a first post.

Old
08-15-2012, 09:41 PM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Perhaps a letter of complaint to TNSE would have been a more effective way of dealing with this matter versus a post on HF?

Agree with the above post .....They should have a pre made email for these "situations" but creating an account to come here and make this your first post is kinda ridiculous if you ask me...this in not a huge deal

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:45 PM
thrillhouse99

Lol that's brutal, I'm reminded of a stand up bit I saw once where someone got a collections letter from visa that started with:

Dear mr jones,

We had a deal, when you chose not to pay your bill on time you broke that deal.....

But yeah, your email was pretty bad.

thrillhouse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Saunderosa

Lots of Policemen in this thread. I was curious what would happen if payments were missed. Now I know, thanks OP.

Saunderosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 09:53 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
but creating an account to come here and make this your first post is kinda ridiculous if you ask me
Agreed. I could see if it was a long-time poster making this post. But to specifically come here for the purpose of complaining and stirring the post is doing nothing more than looking for trouble.

Old
08-15-2012, 10:05 PM
blues10

Quote:
Zhamnov10 exact same thing happened to me the lady said she waits for people to call her back before trying to run the card through again pretty much a complete waste of time for me double checking things were in order on my end,I even called my credit card company to see what happened.Not the best system they have going on there.
My season ticket payments continue to show up on my credit card statement as payments to the Manitoba Moose.

blues10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 10:26 PM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
The guy used the wrong "too." I thought it was a spam email for a minute.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 10:33 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
I still hate Susan Thompson, Gary Filman, the above-mentionned, Garry Bettman and those damn dirty desert dogs
I hate Clarence Campbell, the Montreal Canadiens, Bill Wirtz, and all the Yanks who invaded Canada in 1812.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 10:56 PM
GrandChelems

I don't think it was TNSE being rude, just someone in the office rattling off a quick email to let you know the deal. Email is pretty informal by and large.

Besides, you can always take your business elsewhere

GrandChelems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 11:04 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
I hate Clarence Campbell, the Montreal Canadiens, Bill Wirtz, and all the Yanks who invaded Canada in 1812.
No harold ballard?

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote