HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rude email from True North (upd: post #61)

Old
08-15-2012, 10:07 PM
SundherDome
Jhonas is an Ewok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoch7231 View Post
I have season tickets and True North takes monthly payments on my credit card. My card is always in good standing. I was surprised to get this email today:

"Your payment on your Winnipeg Jets season tickets did not go through today, either because you have spent to much money, are having your card replaced due to fraudulent charges or your card has expired and you have not sent us the new expiry date. If you could contact me to inform me when I can process your card or call me with any new credit card information that would be great. You will also be subjected to a $20.00 NSF fee. Please let me know if you have any questions."

Thank-You

person's name
Coordinator, Ticket Administration
True North Sports & Entertainment Limited

First of all there's a spelling error and second of all it's quite rude to say "either because you have spent to much money...". I thought this was quite shoddy from what I feel is a classy organization.

I called and the rep said that this sometimes happens as they process so many transactions. While I was talking to her she says "OH, I just tried it again and it went through fine". LOL Duh! Then she said they will waive the NSF charge.
i dont see the problem with this, credit cards put daily spending limits on credit/debit cards all the time. Last year i bought a tv, washer, and dryer and had to come back the next day for the fridge because chase locked my card after 6,000 in one day.

SundherDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 10:14 PM
scelaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
No harold ballard?
I hate John Ferguson Sr for drafting Jimmy Mann as the Jets first ever draft pick, when he coud've picked Mark Messier, Kevin Lowe or Glenn Anderson (all picked later in the '79 draft) and we could've been the Oilers of old. And I hate Jimmy Mann for breaking Paul Gardner's jaw and ending his career. I was just reminiscing the other day....wait, are we on topic here?

scelaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 10:30 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
I don't think it was TNSE being rude, just someone in the office rattling off a quick email to let you know the deal. Email is pretty informal by and large.

Besides, you can always take your business elsewhere
I'd never write an email in that informal of a tone unless I knew the person and they initiated the informal string of emails. Some people write emails like texts even in a professional setting. Some write them like hand-written letters. I'd lean towards the latter if given the option and particularly when writing a stranger, but I've learned not to be offended by those who are more casual. In the case of customer interaction it's unprofessional but I'm sure that just like last summer, TNSE is swamped with work and still doesn't have every communication standardized.

Having said that, I think the OP is blowing the "you spent too much money" statement out of proportion. Read that sentence in a light-hearted voice rather than an aggressive one and that phrase comes off as tongue-in-cheek rather than judgmental. Again, unprofessional, but by no means would I consider that rude.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 10:32 PM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post
I hate John Ferguson Sr for drafting Jimmy Mann as the Jets first ever draft pick, when he coud've picked Mark Messier, Kevin Lowe or Glenn Anderson (all picked later in the '79 draft) and we could've been the Oilers of old. And I hate Jimmy Mann for breaking Paul Gardner's jaw and ending his career. I was just reminiscing the other day....wait, are we on topic here?
OT

My last payment for 2012 has been processed. Hopefully there is NHL hockey this season.

blues10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 12:11 AM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

wow, that is brutal...if it were me, i wouldn't let that go....call back and ask for his boss.

the tone is absolutely unacceptable....never mind using the wrong too....bush league.

i read that as rude and unprofessional and can not forgive it for being 'casual'....there is no excuse for an organization like TNSE to allow that....I'm sure if you went up the chain his superiors would be horrified to read that.

Im surprised they don't have a pre-formulated statement crafted for that occasion.....why is it up to him to speculate on how much money you have spent?....it reads like a grade 10 student's text message.

peter sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 12:15 AM
thrillhouse99

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter sullivan View Post
wow, that is brutal...if it were me, i wouldn't let that go....call back and ask for his boss.

the tone is absolutely unacceptable....never mind using the wrong too....bush league.

Im surprised they don't have a pre-formulated statement crafted for that occasion.....why is it up to him to speculate on how much money you have spent?....it reads like a grade 10 student's text message.
I'm surprised that this is a real email to be honest.

I've been trained on inter office email before, everyone at that company was, so it's unbelievable that anyone who contacts customers hasn't been trained better than this yahoo at TNSE.

thrillhouse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 03:14 AM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhouse99 View Post
I'm surprised that this is a real email to be honest.
indeed. Whats the point in going into why? Just say "Your card did not go through. We don't care why, just give us our money"

Reed Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 05:35 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

vCash: 50
Quote:
I have season tickets and True North takes monthly payments on my credit card. My card is always in good standing. I was surprised to get this email today:

"Your payment on your Winnipeg Jets season tickets did not go through today, either because you have spent to much money, are having your card replaced due to fraudulent charges or your card has expired and you have not sent us the new expiry date. If you could contact me to inform me when I can process your card or call me with any new credit card information that would be great. You will also be subjected to a $20.00 NSF fee. Please let me know if you have any questions."

Thank-You

person's name

First of all there's a spelling error and second of all it's quite rude to say "either because you have spent to much money...". I thought this was quite shoddy from what I feel is a classy organization.

I called and the rep said that this sometimes happens as they process so many transactions. While I was talking to her she says "OH, I just tried it again and it went through fine". LOL Duh! Then she said they will waive the NSF charge.
You should really take the email with you and pay a visit to TNSE offices. companies make mistakes (even the good ones) and you would be doing them a favor to let them know you are not happy. They dropped the ball, give them a chance to make it up to you. Mark would be really imbarrased so don't stop until you have found someone who makes it right.

You could just send an email in to TNSE but if you have the time a face to face would probably be more effective.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 06:35 AM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Someone wont be chanting True North

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 06:35 AM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 574
Categorizing the email as rude is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. It's certainly not worded in the most professional manner but I wouldn't call it rude. It seems like they were trying to let you know what the reasons are that a card might be rejected. Spent too much is not the best way to say your card has reached its spending limit but the gyst was just to let you know one of those things happened. (which they were wrong about but you know what I mean).

Just think there are far worse things to get upset about.

cheswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 06:52 AM
Back in the Bigs
and lovin' it !!

you'd think he/she would have considered the possibility that something might have been entered incorrectly and run the numbers a second time before automatically assuming the customer was at fault..
written communication, even in an email which tends to be less formal, can be tricky because even though you know what you intended, you never know for sure how it will be received..
as somebody mentioned, what's the point of speculating the reason, just say it didn't process and could they please contact the office so we can get the situation resolved.

...it does come across a little 'text message'y (word?) which could perhaps be more appropriate in a different context.
.. or if nothin else, throw the appropriate smiley in there, after telling you 'you have spent to much money'
maybe or or
but probably not or or

Back in the Bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 08:11 AM
GrandChelems

vCash: 2209
I agree the email is unprofessional but why do people get offended so damn easily these days?

Last edited by Guerzy: 08-16-2012 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Per site rules, that picture isn't appropriate.
GrandChelems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 08:13 AM
videofarmer
thirsty

vCash: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
So let me guess. You are now bitter, hate TNSE with a passion and wish the Jets ultimate failure.
I still hate Bruce Levenson and think Michael Gearon, Jr. is a mewling [mod]

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 08-16-2012 at 09:20 AM. Reason: let's keep it PG-13...
videofarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 08:37 AM
jimmycrackcorn
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 200
Quote:

Thank-You

person's name
There are a number of reasons why a credit card payment may not be successfully processed. If this is indeed an e-mail sent by TNSE, it is very unprofessional. I mean they are suggesting you spent too much money? Give me a break....

They should have just said:

"Your payment on your Winnipeg Jets season tickets did not go through today. Please contact us ASAP to rectify this situation. Please let us know if you have any questions."

jimmycrackcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 08:38 AM
Joe Hallenback

How dare they ask you nicely for the money you owe them

Seriously pay your bills

Joe Hallenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 09:07 AM
jimmycrackcorn
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post

Seriously pay your bills
If you're fine with the e-mail that was (apparently) sent to the customer then I'm happy for you.

jimmycrackcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Back in the Bigs
and lovin' it !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post

Seriously pay your bills
I'm assuming it was TN's error because it went thru the second time... kind of doubt Mark Chipman would think it was phrased 'nicely'

Back in the Bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 09:33 AM
irreverentremark

First post, though I've been lurking since the start of last season.

I actually received the identical email yesterday. I know my card was fine, though I called the credit card provider to verify no fraud blocks or anything. I then emailed the Representative back and indicated I had checked with the credit card company and everything was fine. Please try to process the transaction again. They did, it went through and they waived the NSF fee.

As mine was worded exactly the same, I get this impression this actually is the standard communication they use.

I was not offended by the email, but as others have said, it is not particularly professional.

Last edited by irreverentremark: 08-16-2012 at 09:34 AM. Reason: terrible spelling and grammar
irreverentremark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 09:51 AM
blues10

These apparent e-mails from the Jets are a little "wordy". I would suggest contacting Linzy Jones and voicing your displeasure.

blues10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 09:55 AM
videofarmer
thirsty

vCash: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by videofarmer View Post
I still hate Bruce Levenson and think Michael Gearon, Jr. is a mewling [mod]
Quote:
Last edited by Hank Chinaski; Today at 10:20 AM.. Reason: let's keep it PG-13...
I tried! The Avengers was PG13!

videofarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 10:03 AM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

I chose the 3 payment plan for my two P3 tickets of $ 9000 approx $ 2000 May 1st 3500 june 15 th and $ 3500 Aug 15th.......they had my credit card on file to process the payment.......... on Aug 8th I lost my wallet and cancelled my cards..... I had to call all creditors who had authorization to take payments and give them new credit card info.............. I had to call True North 4 times b4 I got a return call over 3 working days.... 5 days including weekend......... I was not impressed..............with cutomer service......I got a h0ld of someone on the 14 th finally........ and I told them I do not want to be charged a non payment charge of the original credit card # as I have been trying to talk to a live ticket rep for 5 days..............this was over the same period that they were processing the new 2500 waiting list customers...........but I was still ticked off with the customer service that I recieved for the privlidge of paying them $ 9000 for 2 p3 tickets for the 2012/ 2013 season .....that will probably be cut in half over labour unrest anyway.......

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post
These apparent e-mails from the Jets are a little "wordy". I would suggest contacting Linzy Jones and voicing your displeasure.
Though i love TNSE as much as the next guy I totally agree (but i don't know who linzy jones is).

Honestly, the first email literally reads like a phishing attempt, I wouldn't even have believed it was from them.

Considering multiple customers have received this email it's a bit ridiculous.

My job title is Communications Coordinator, writing various marketing documents and communications such as these are what I do, and there's no way in hell I'd put out a letter with that sort of tone/speculation, my boss would flip!

Very poor job on their behalf. everyone should complain...

... so whoever it is that wrote that gets fired and i can apply for their job

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 10:33 AM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
The guy used the wrong "too." I thought it was a spam email for a minute.
Probablywritten by someone who frequents these message boards then.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Yukon Joe

vCash: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
I hate Barry Shenkarow
By all accounts Barry Shenkarow is a classy guy.

I don't think it's a very good email, but I wouldn't be getting all offended at it.

Yukon Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 10:37 AM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycrackcorn View Post
There are a number of reasons why a credit card payment may not be successfully processed. If this is indeed an e-mail sent by TNSE, it is very unprofessional. I mean they are suggesting you spent too much money? Give me a break....
Appropriate response would be; "Sorry, I only use this card for my Jets season ticket payments."

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote