HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rude email from True North (upd: post #61)

Old
08-16-2012, 10:39 AM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

vCash: 50
Hmm... complaints all coming from 1st time posters. Seems... suspicious somehow.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 10:51 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Agree with others that this was a very unprofessional email for an organization that has so far projected a very first-class image. I would think that complaints are probably best directed towards Linzy Jones, the director of ticket sales and services.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 08-16-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: nevermind, was thinking of someone else...
Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:24 AM
irreverentremark

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broinwhyteridge View Post
Hmm... complaints all coming from 1st time posters. Seems... suspicious somehow.
Didn't intend to come across as complainy.

The point of my post was more to address the comment I saw that someone thought TNSE didn't have a generic form lettet yet. As i received the same letter as the OP, it would seem to me that that was their standard letter.

Again, wasn't meant as a complaint. TN corrected the error immediately and didn't charge me the non-payment fee. Short of having the error not happen, the result is really the best one could expect. As I said in my first post, wording wasn't great but I was by no means offended by the email.

irreverentremark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:53 AM
lostpuppysyndrome
iddqd

I still hate Mike Smith (the former Jets GM) and Doug Risebrough.

lostpuppysyndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 12:10 PM
C Plus

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by broinwhyteridge View Post
It's a conspiracy! Insinuating that True North has, or will ever, do anything that isn't perfect in every way? For shame.

FOR SHAME.

C Plus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 12:23 PM
C Plus

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by irreverentremark View Post
Didn't intend to come across as complainy.

The point of my post was more to address the comment I saw that someone thought TNSE didn't have a generic form lettet yet. As i received the same letter as the OP, it would seem to me that that was their standard letter.

Again, wasn't meant as a complaint. TN corrected the error immediately and didn't charge me the non-payment fee. Short of having the error not happen, the result is really the best one could expect. As I said in my first post, wording wasn't great but I was by no means offended by the email.
Exactly. All joking aside, on True North's part when actually contacted it was as simple as "oh, through no fault of your own the payment didn't go through. Now it has. There will be no late fee. The end." Can't ask for anything more than that really.

The problem is the e-mail notification is pretty embarrassing considering this is a multimillion dollar company we're talking about. When you read the message about all you can do is assume it was written by someone that's not very intelligent, just plain lazy or both. Not the type of person I personally want representing the Jets.

C Plus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
The email was probably written by a part-time employee that is there for the summer, likely a high school student. Relax.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 01:07 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
You should really take the email with you and pay a visit to TNSE offices. companies make mistakes (even the good ones) and you would be doing them a favor to let them know you are not happy. They dropped the ball, give them a chance to make it up to you. Mark would be really imbarrased so don't stop until you have found someone who makes it right.

You could just send an email in to TNSE but if you have the time a face to face would probably be more effective.
I like how you talk as if you know him.

Oh, nvm, I'm quoting PS.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 01:09 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saunderosa View Post
Lots of Policemen in this thread. I was curious what would happen if payments were missed. Now I know, thanks OP.
Huh? What policemen?

Old
08-16-2012, 01:22 PM
WinnipegWinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoch7231 View Post
I have season tickets and True North takes monthly payments on my credit card. My card is always in good standing. I was surprised to get this email today:

"Your payment on your Winnipeg Jets season tickets did not go through today, either because you have spent to much money, are having your card replaced due to fraudulent charges or your card has expired and you have not sent us the new expiry date. If you could contact me to inform me when I can process your card or call me with any new credit card information that would be great. You will also be subjected to a $20.00 NSF fee. Please let me know if you have any questions."

Thank-You

person's name
Coordinator, Ticket Administration
True North Sports & Entertainment Limited

First of all there's a spelling error and second of all it's quite rude to say "either because you have spent to much money...". I thought this was quite shoddy from what I feel is a classy organization.

I called and the rep said that this sometimes happens as they process so many transactions. While I was talking to her she says "OH, I just tried it again and it went through fine". LOL Duh! Then she said they will waive the NSF charge.
Why are you trying to sewer them? Do you want everyone else to be as upset as you are by posting on HF? I dont get it..

Handle your business

WinnipegWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

If OP can produce the email I will re-open this thread.

Closed.

EDIT: The OP has supplied the email and it looks legit. I have to admit I am extremely surprised by this, coming from an organization that prides itself in taking care of all the details and being excruciatingly professional.

I'd be interested to hear how they handle this. One would think they would have a form email for this kind of thing?

FURTHER EDIT: The subject of this thread is the email itself, not whether the OP was correct in coming here to post it. That isn't your call. You are welcome to either participate in the discussion or move on to another thread. Thanks again.

Last edited by Jet: 08-19-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 08:14 AM
3rdManIn
Put'n on the foil!

Very unprofessional op.

Also,who cares if it's his 1st post?Plenty of other season ticket holders hang here that would probably be interested in this info.

Who ever said "policemen" was dead on.

3rdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 09:23 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Please read post #61. I don't know how Jet could have made it any more clear, but it appears to have gone ignored.

If you don't think this thread merits attention, that's cool. Don't post in it, you can even make use of the 'ignore thread' function if it bothers you that much.

Old
08-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Duir
Registered Bunk

Suffice to say that TNSE has to be more diligent on proofreading the correspondence being sent out. I imagine a quick e-mail to a manager on what the TNSE response implies will alter the editing process.

Duir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 12:52 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
If OP can produce the email I will re-open this thread.

Closed.

EDIT: The OP has supplied the email and it looks legit. I have to admit I am extremely surprised by this, coming from an organization that prides itself in taking care of all the details and being excruciatingly professional.

I'd be interested to hear how they handle this. One would think they would have a form email for this kind of thing?

FURTHER EDIT: The subject of this thread is the email itself, not whether the OP was correct in coming here to post it. That isn't your call. You are welcome to either participate in the discussion or move on to another thread. Thanks again.
So ummm....

Where is it? Or is it word for word what's on the first page?

Old
08-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Or is it word for word what's on the first page?
Indeed it is.

Old
08-24-2012, 06:58 PM
OnionPuck

Never doubted the OP. Not really surprised either. Some of you people give True North too much credit.

As a season ticket holder, my own experiences with them have been pretty mixed. As an example, I called today and VERY politely asked what would occur with the money I paid for my season ticketS in the event of a lockout (whether it would be a straight refund, could be moved forward to next season, etc.). The rep on the phone was extremely rude and flat out refused to answer my question(s). He just kept repeating "our first exhibition game is September 21 and it's business as usual." That's fine, I understand that, especially after the first time it's said-- I don't need it repeated to me 6 times in a row. And at the end of the convo I thanked him, and he grunted and hung up the phone. Funny enough I've only received similarly treatment such as this from the office staff, and never from any of the front-line service people (who probably have the best reason to be grumpy).

I'm not writing this to try and incite hatred or anything... just pointing out that even in a reputable organization you can still get *********s. Hopefully they prove to be the exception rather than the rule. Wondering now if it was the same guy who responded to the OP's email...

Edit: (s)

Last edited by Klaus: 08-26-2012 at 01:07 AM. Reason: swear filter
OnionPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 07:05 PM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion View Post
I called today and VERY politely asked what would occur with the money I paid for my season ticketS in the event of a lockout (whether it would be a straight refund, could be moved forward to next season, etc.). The rep on the phone was extremely rude and flat out refused to answer my question. He just kept repeating "our first exhibition game is September 21 and it's business as usual." That's fine, I understand that, especially after the first time it's said-- I don't need it repeated to me 6 times in a row. And at the end of the convo I thanked him, and he grunted and hung up the phone.
Apparently you did need it repeated 6 times in a row if you kept asking the same question. They probably have a script, they read the script. Why not ask them what happens to your money in the event of whales attacking from the sky and enslaving the city? If and when it looks like a lockout is definitely going to happen, they'll tell you, until then, read over your season ticket holder contract and make your own conclusions rather than nag the people on the phone. They're assuming and hoping there is no lockout. That's your answer.

Reed Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 08:15 PM
OnionPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Solomon View Post
Apparently you did need it repeated 6 times in a row if you kept asking the same question. They probably have a script, they read the script. Why not ask them what happens to your money in the event of whales attacking from the sky and enslaving the city? If and when it looks like a lockout is definitely going to happen, they'll tell you, until then, read over your season ticket holder contract and make your own conclusions rather than nag the people on the phone. They're assuming and hoping there is no lockout. That's your answer.
I didn't ask him the same question 6 times, I asked him 6 different questions on the same matter. I would hardly call like 2 minute phone conversation "nagging". I simply wanted to know if they had reached any decision on action, and if they had what the process would be. Even if he had a script, he doesn't have to read it off like he's an automaton... I would expect that someone in the service industry has the capability, to you know, understand basic social etiquette.

You can take it or leave it, but the guy was being a dick. I didn't have an ulterior motive for posting this, just stating things the way it is. The only reason you're probably challenging this is because you feel grateful to TNSE for bringing the Jets back. I get it, and I feel the same way. But that doesn't mean that they can't stand to improve their customer service. At the end of the day, that's what this is all about. If an organization aspires to be world class, it needs to do so from the ground up (and not just from the top down).

Old
08-24-2012, 08:15 PM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion View Post
Never doubted the OP. Not really surprised either. Some of you people give True North too much credit.

As a season ticket holder, my own experiences with them have been pretty mixed. As an example, I called today and VERY politely asked what would occur with the money I paid for my season ticketS in the event of a lockout (whether it would be a straight refund, could be moved forward to next season, etc.). The rep on the phone was extremely rude and flat out refused to answer my question. He just kept repeating "our first exhibition game is September 21 and it's business as usual." That's fine, I understand that, especially after the first time it's said-- I don't need it repeated to me 6 times in a row. And at the end of the convo I thanked him, and he grunted and hung up the phone. Funny enough I've only received similarly treatment such as this from the office staff, and never from any of the front-line service people (who probably have the best reason to be grumpy).

I'm not writing this to try and incite hatred or anything... just pointing out that even in a reputable organization you can still get *********s. Hopefully they prove to be the exception rather than the rule. Wondering now if it was the same guy who responded to the OP's email...
The Jets are clearly towing the NHL line. However, rudeness should not be expected from ticket reps. The rep should have simply said business as usual and check your TPA in event of a work stoppage. Without checking my TPA I believe TNSE keeps all $$$$ and applies it to future tickets. No cash refunds.

Many teams around the league are already selling single game tickets. Stub Hub has a form of disclaimer about replacement players. Until a workstoppage occurs it is business as usual.

Last edited by Klaus: 08-26-2012 at 01:10 AM. Reason: qep
blues10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 08:19 PM
OnionPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post
The Jets are clearly towing the NHL line. However, rudeness should not be expected from ticket reps. The rep should have simply said business as usual and check your TPA in event of a work stoppage. Without checking my TPA I believe TNSE keeps all $$$$ and applies it to future tickets. No cash refunds.

Many teams around the league are already selling single game tickets. Stub Hub has a form of disclaimer about replacement players. Until a workstoppage occurs it is business as usual.
Thanks, I'll check my TPA.

Old
08-25-2012, 10:42 AM
KingSalamon

I think if the rep wants to keep his job, he must continually tow the line that is coming from the owner. We all know how TNSE operates so I will side with the rep on this one.

You'd have to think that all reps are handling these calls all day. So a person can only be patient answering your 'craftily' worded questions 6 times. In the end, the normal payments continue and sit as a credit on your account until such time that the season begins.

So until September 15th happens and a lockout is announced by Bettman... The Jets first pre-season game is against Edmonton on... Etc etc

KingSalamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:13 AM
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast

I'm a little surprised at how people reacted to this thread.

I understand the shine behind getting a new team, and not wanting anything to possibly get in the way of that image, but that was a pretty terrible email to receive from a professional organization regarding ANY issue, let alone money. And the fact that whomever tried your card, didn't even check it more than once....I mean. Come on.

YouCantYandleThis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 02:45 PM
drumzan
#WpgJets #SJSharks

I had somewhat of a similar situation with TNSE. Paid for my ST's in full on the day I selected seats split 4 ways on 4 credit cards. The guy that processed the payments didn't enter one of the payments properly in TNSE's system but the credit card was definitely charged.

Every time I went to my Jets Account after that it always showed that amount still owing. I contacted TNSE and they confirmed it was a system glitch and would be corrected shortly. I got the same response from 3 different guys over the course of 4-5 months. And they all assured me it was a non-issue even though I told them I was concerned it was going to show up when I would be billed for the following year. Low and behold...I got a letter from TNSE with a collection of account notice.

Wasn't impressed...

drumzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 04:05 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

@drumzan

That is horrible.
I hope you dont have to pay the extra still.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote