HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Rude email from True North (upd: post #61)

Old
08-25-2012, 04:06 PM
OnionPuck

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumzan View Post
I had somewhat of a similar situation with TNSE. Paid for my ST's in full on the day I selected seats split 4 ways on 4 credit cards. The guy that processed the payments didn't enter one of the payments properly in TNSE's system but the credit card was definitely charged.

Every time I went to my Jets Account after that it always showed that amount still owing. I contacted TNSE and they confirmed it was a system glitch and would be corrected shortly. I got the same response from 3 different guys over the course of 4-5 months. And they all assured me it was a non-issue even though I told them I was concerned it was going to show up when I would be billed for the following year. Low and behold...I got a letter from TNSE with a collection of account notice.

Wasn't impressed...

OnionPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 10:46 PM
beauchamp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
The email was probably written by a part-time employee that is there for the summer, likely a high school student. Relax.
Important communications with the paying customers handled by a part-time high schooler?

Nice...

beauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:34 PM
Catamo
NHL2com League

vCash: 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauchamp View Post
Important communications with the paying customers handled by a part-time high schooler?

Nice...
Lol no kidding eh. No logic needed to post, just two hands and a keyboard.

I'm with OP. If businesses aren't under the pressure of word of mouth then they'd get away with all kinds of shady practices and we'd all be victims.

Catamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 03:12 AM
Jet
Confirmed Pav Basher

Just an observation here, but being here every single day, it's interesting to see that 95% of the people being so critical of TNSE in this instance are people I never see posting on this forum. It's neither good nor bad, but it is interesting.

The email was crude. I am sure that True North is embarrassed about it. However, when you examine the business practices of TNSE over a wide spectrum it is plainly evident that they consistently do things right, and strive to be the best they can be. That works for me.

If the worst thing the org does is send off a few poorly written emails, I will find it hard to be too upset. When you look at the way the Bombers for instance conduct business, or orgs like NYI, Columbus, and Edmonton, things can be far far worse.

The way that True North does business made it possible for an extremely unlikely market to get a hockey team. That speaks volumes. It's not a free pass, but an illustration of thier track record.

08-26-2012, 06:31 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full

vCash: 406
To the OP: have you brought this to the attention of someone at TNSE that could fix this problem?

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 08:09 AM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

FYI to everyone with questions on the lockout/TPA, I had already started a thread on that issue:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1247995

Whether TNSE changes policy due to a total season lockout, who knows, but unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post
The Jets are clearly towing the NHL line. However, rudeness should not be expected from ticket reps. The rep should have simply said business as usual and check your TPA in event of a work stoppage. Without checking my TPA I believe TNSE keeps all $$$$ and applies it to future tickets. No cash refunds.

Many teams around the league are already selling single game tickets. Stub Hub has a form of disclaimer about replacement players. Until a workstoppage occurs it is business as usual.

mzappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 08:42 AM
Potrzebie

vCash: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
If the worst thing the org does is send off a few poorly written emails, I will find it hard to be too upset. When you look at the way the Bombers for instance conduct business, or orgs like NYI, Columbus, and Edmonton, things can be far far worse.

The way that True North does business made it possible for an extremely unlikely market to get a hockey team. That speaks volumes. It's not a free pass, but an illustration of thier track record.
You don't even have to look that far. Just ask our Atlanta friends how this very organization conducted itself the last few years under previous ownership.

Potrzebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 09:28 AM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Out of curiosity, to all those upset/dissapointed/whatever with True North for whatever reason, if things don't improve from your POV, what will you do? Continue to support the team or pull out altogether?

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 11:42 AM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Out of curiosity, to all those upset/dissapointed/whatever with True North for whatever reason, if things don't improve from your POV, what will you do? Continue to support the team or pull out altogether?
Why must everything be black and white?

That's a very manichean worldview.

Even good people goof sometimes.

Should they get a free pass?

Old
08-26-2012, 01:23 PM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
To the OP: have you brought this to the attention of someone at TNSE that could fix this problem?
If the OP was truly hurt he would not let this go after a simple post and should have an update email from TN for us any day now IMHO

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Jet
Confirmed Pav Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauchamp View Post
Why must everything be black and white?

That's a very manichean worldview.

Even good people goof sometimes.

Should they get a free pass?
I just think that what PS is trying to say is that a mountain is being made out of a molehill.

I would also like to see how True North handles this. It's fine to bring the error to everyone's attention. All companies make mistakes but how they handle the issue is very important. I hope the OP pursued this, forwarded the email to the appropriate people in the org. and will share with us the result.

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 02:27 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
I just think that what PS is trying to say is that a mountain is being made out of a molehill.

I would also like to see how True North handles this. It's fine to bring the error to everyone's attention. All companies make mistakes but how they handle the issue is very important. I hope the OP pursued this, forwarded the email to the appropriate people in the org. and will share with us the result.
Exactly.

A very sensible comment, as opposed to those who were looking for a conspiration.

Thanks.

Old
08-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

Quote:
This is Winnipeg. molehills are all we got.

Reed Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Quote:
Yup. Of course I'm not the one recieving these emails/letters from TN. I say give it some time to work out the kinks and such. First year back people, may even take another one.

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Flames34

Wow, how unproffesional!

Flames34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 08:17 AM
JMT21

If this email wasn't actually confirmed I'd have a hard time believing it. I guess no company is perfect but this seemed really "off" for TNSE. Maybe they have some new interns working for them and the mass communication or form emails weren't double checked.

some posted

Quote:
exact same thing happened to me the lady said she waits for people to call her back before trying to run the card through again

This (IMO) makes no sense at all. I have many client credit cards that I enter manually every day.
If I get a "declined" message..... the majority of the time the expiry date has passed or more often I entered the number incorrectly into the machine.

Saying she waits for a call back before trying the card again is a bit baffling.

Thinking this will all get rectified in short order.

JMT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 11:15 AM
GrandChelems

vCash: 2209
The original email we're discussing is a bit crude, yes, but I also feel the need to point something out worth mentioning.

The Jets are just over a year old. One thing lost on a lot of newer folks is the idea that the Jets as a franchise grew almost organically from the Moose franchise and that it was not this big, mean, slick, corporate machine that just landed from the sky on May 31, 2011.

Now again I must stress that I agree the original email was a bit of fumble, but keep in mind that the Moose were a community team and often communicated with their customers on a less formal, family-oriented manner. I've supported the Jets 1.0, the Moose, and now the Jets 2.0, and I can say that many of my dealings with the Moose were of the informal nature and that's just how people preferred it. I think we all prefer the well-oiled corporate format now because it makes us feel more secure - we are insecure bunch as a fan base, after all - but most Moose fans preferred the informal approach. I could pop an email over to the office on the afternoon of game day and get 6 extra tickets for that night held for me at the ticket window ... all on the basis of trust and informal emails.

Perhaps it'll just take a bit of time to "break" this informal trust between the home grown Moose employees and the new Jets fans?? I'm sure you'll get your faceless, polished, corporate emails soon enough. (yes a bit of sarcasm here)

So: mountains of molehills, yes. Grain of salt, yes.

GrandChelems is offline   Reply With Quote