HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

[XBOX] NHL 13 GM Connected League - Regular Season Underway!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-10-2012, 11:17 PM
  #201
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,390
vCash: 500
Excuse my ignorance, but when we're talking about signing players are these players that will actually play in the game as roster players or will they just play as the user controlled team? And only 2 week seasons, isn't that kinda rushed?

Peter Griffin is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 11:24 PM
  #202
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,202
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but when we're talking about signing players are these players that will actually play in the game as roster players or will they just play as the user controlled team? And only 2 week seasons, isn't that kinda rushed?
Just play as the user controlled team, like online team play. 2 weeks isn't rushed IMO, it will feel longer, trust me.

__________________

Twitter | HFBoards Contact | Youtube | Instagram| Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"Everybody says be a good loser; I think if you're a good loser, you're a loser. " - John Tortorella
Royal Canuck is online now  
Old
09-10-2012, 11:38 PM
  #203
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum View Post
Just play as the user controlled team, like online team play. 2 weeks isn't rushed IMO, it will feel longer, trust me.
Ok thanks.

Peter Griffin is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 02:33 AM
  #204
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,202
vCash: 50
Alright, the league is up, the name "HF Canucks League". You must search it up to get a join request in. For some reason the Invite option isn't working. CHOOSE YOUR SELECTIVE TEAM. If you're a player, send a join request to the team you're entitled to.


Last edited by Royal Canuck: 09-11-2012 at 02:46 AM.
Royal Canuck is online now  
Old
09-11-2012, 10:22 AM
  #205
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,202
vCash: 50
Running on a solid 2 hours of sleep.

Royal Canuck is online now  
Old
09-11-2012, 02:04 PM
  #206
Slapshot_11
Registered User
 
Slapshot_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,579
vCash: 500
I thought the game comes out the 13th?

Slapshot_11 is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 03:50 PM
  #207
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,202
vCash: 50
Nope. Maybe in Europe its the 13th but in North America it's today

Royal Canuck is online now  
Old
09-11-2012, 06:06 PM
  #208
CCF23
Registered User
 
CCF23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Richmond, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,455
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CCF23
I'll join tonight. We should've done randomized rosters. It's fun.

CCF23 is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 06:11 PM
  #209
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,202
vCash: 50
So it's not the Season that's two weeks, it's the scheduling period of about two weeks on the right hand side of the menu. so at this rate, It would take us until June to complete a season, I'm going to lower the period to 3 days per Schedule Period. Sound Good?

Royal Canuck is online now  
Old
09-11-2012, 07:32 PM
  #210
Co Ho*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
I'll join if you guys need any more players, just picked this game up.

Co Ho* is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 07:47 PM
  #211
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,202
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
I'll join if you guys need any more players, just picked this game up.
You'll be placed in the Free Agency.

Royal Canuck is online now  
Old
09-11-2012, 07:48 PM
  #212
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,202
vCash: 50
NEW RULE
If a User wants to play you, you cannot reject his offer and just play his CPU team.

Royal Canuck is online now  
Old
09-11-2012, 08:15 PM
  #213
Co Ho*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum View Post
You'll be placed in the Free Agency.
Forgot to mention, gamertag is Yapster.

Co Ho* is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 08:22 PM
  #214
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,202
vCash: 50
Inside McKenzie has been named the Assistant GM of the Vancouver Canucks.

Royal Canuck is online now  
Old
09-11-2012, 08:55 PM
  #215
LickTheEnvelope
Decertified Poster
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 26,058
vCash: 500
Sent req.

LickTheEnvelope is online now  
Old
09-11-2012, 09:06 PM
  #216
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,202
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Sent req.
Accepted.

Royal Canuck is online now  
Old
09-11-2012, 09:16 PM
  #217
CAPiTA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,349
vCash: 500
I did as well.

CAPiTA is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 10:02 PM
  #218
LickTheEnvelope
Decertified Poster
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 26,058
vCash: 500
GG speta game 1 but oh god does EA have work to do...

Clumsy controls abound. Stickhandling is ridiculously imprecise... I scored a goal on a dump in from center... Rick Nash scored multiple random wrist shots from the blueline with no screens... On one occasion I took the puck behind the d-man and hit sideways to pass it up the boards and it fired it into the back of the net which bounced it out front to speta's wide open man for a goal.

LickTheEnvelope is online now  
Old
09-11-2012, 10:06 PM
  #219
Alexistheman
Registered User
 
Alexistheman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Surrey
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
GG speta game 1 but oh god does EA have work to do...

Clumsy controls abound. Stickhandling is ridiculously imprecise... I scored a goal on a dump in from center... Rick Nash scored multiple random wrist shots from the blueline with no screens... On one occasion I took the puck behind the d-man and hit sideways to pass it up the boards and it fired it into the back of the net which bounced it out front to speta's wide open man for a goal.
Agreed. This from the guy who benefited most from this. (me), Though I threw my hands in the air and gave a good old "WTF" at your goal on the dump in.

Goalies save the unsaveable, but dont save the easy ones.

Hopefully they fix it.

Alexistheman is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 10:10 PM
  #220
LickTheEnvelope
Decertified Poster
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 26,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexistheman View Post
Agreed. This from the guy who benefited most from this. (me), Though I threw my hands in the air and gave a good old "WTF" at your goal on the dump in.
Ya I was thinking "wow I would be flipping if that happened to me"...

but karma came back with Rick Nash and his god like shot.

Quote:
Goalies save the unsaveable, but dont save the easy ones.

Hopefully they fix it.
Yup. Quick absolutely robbed a winger at the end of the 2nd diving over to make a save... right after having a puck in his legs poked in by Gaborik...

I am all for having the occasional flukey goal but 80% of the goals in the game shouldn't be ridiculous flukes.

LickTheEnvelope is online now  
Old
09-11-2012, 10:26 PM
  #221
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,202
vCash: 50
I agree with both of you, too many fluky goals and not enough legit goals.

So how Simming will work, I'll be simming the 2 week period every 3-5 days. So make sure to play any games you wish to play before I simulate the schedule period.

Royal Canuck is online now  
Old
09-11-2012, 10:28 PM
  #222
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,202
vCash: 50
And just to remind you, You can now negotiate and make trades officially. Remember to update your Trading Blocks in the game.

Royal Canuck is online now  
Old
09-11-2012, 10:35 PM
  #223
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,202
vCash: 50
The First Scheduling Advance will be this Saturday, so if you haven't joined already, you will start with a few games already played (approx. 5-6). So if you wanna start off fresh, join before then. And to everyone who has joined, NO SIMMING OR PLAYING VS CPU. You may play against other Users, but that's it.

Royal Canuck is online now  
Old
09-11-2012, 10:41 PM
  #224
Alexistheman
Registered User
 
Alexistheman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Surrey
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum View Post
The First Scheduling Advance will be this Saturday, so if you haven't joined already, you will start with a few games already played (approx. 5-6). So if you wanna start off fresh, join before then. And to everyone who has joined, NO SIMMING OR PLAYING VS CPU. You may play against other Users, but that's it.
You should send a league wide message(i think it allows that?) in game stating that, incase people are less active on here. (not trying to tell you what to do )

Alexistheman is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 10:43 PM
  #225
Inside McKenzie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum View Post
I agree with both of you, too many fluky goals and not enough legit goals.

So how Simming will work, I'll be simming the 2 week period every 3-5 days. So make sure to play any games you wish to play before I simulate the schedule period.
I would suggest you have a fixed day/time rather than a 3-5 day range

Inside McKenzie is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.