HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phillies tickets

Old
08-14-2012, 10:29 PM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
Phillies tickets

Hey mods if its ok I thought I could ask a question here instead of the baseball sticky or visiting Philly sticky since I'm not sure if it gets read much this time of year... feel free to merge if need be!

I will be in Atlantic city for work and then have a few extra days with my gf, from sept 10 to 14. From what I hear not much to do there other than gamble and will likely get sick of it after night 2.... so was thinking, maybe a good idea to check out a Phillies game since they'll be home to the Marlins! Was an Expos fan back in the day

Questions:

Getting from AC to Citizens bank ... should I drive? Bus? Train? Is traffic heavy by car? Google maps say 1 hour...

Sept 10, 11 games at 7pm and the 12th at 4pm... What would be more appealing, a night game or a 4pm game?

Lastly, what are the best value tickets and best place to sit, taking into account atmosphere, view and value? Would like to keep it under 50$ per ticket.

Lastly, best place to get tickets would be directly from phillies.com ?

Thanks again!

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 10:40 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Go to a night game.. Not sure if the phillies.com site sells them.. pretty sure they are using stubhub now.. You might be able to buy tickets off of a season ticket holder on here if there are any

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 10:44 PM
FLYguy3911

Its a pretty easy ride from AC to the stadium.

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 12:19 AM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

A lot of games are starting at $2-$4 on StubHub.

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 04:26 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
A lot of games are starting at $2-$4 on StubHub.
Hmm.. I guess those are way out seats. I'm looking for a decent seats..

Bare in mind you are all very lucky to have a baseball team with a nice outdoor ball park. My dream was to have an outdoor park in Montreal, which never came true... so seeing a ball game is kind of like re-living what could have been... which is why I want to profit from the occasion given that I can never get to a game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Go to a night game..
Hey just curious, why would a night game be better in your opinion?

Quote:
Not sure if the phillies.com site sells them.. pretty sure they are using stubhub now.. You might be able to buy tickets off of a season ticket holder on here if there are any

so any season ticket holders here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Its a pretty easy ride from AC to the stadium.
What about in rush hour during the week?

Lastly, are food prices crazy expensive and any good places to eat near the stadium?? thanks again everyone

Old
08-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
1) Night games for any sport are just better, IMO. I don't know why or how, but they are.

2) If you're worried about driving, it's very easy to take a train from AC to 30th St Station. You'll want to double check the schedules to make sure it's still running after the game, though. I don't remember.

If you take a Jitney bus in AC to get to their station, that will be an experience.

08-15-2012, 08:26 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post

What about in rush hour during the week?

Lastly, are food prices crazy expensive and any good places to eat near the stadium?? thanks again everyone
Going towards Philly isn't bad that time during the week. It starts to get a little congested near the bridge, but nothing crazy. Just leave somewhat early (2 hours before gametime from AC).

But yeah, you can also take the train.

Food is expensive in the stadium. Not as bad as New York, but if you're really hungry you should eat before you get there. If you wanna try the cheesesteaks Pats and Genos aren't too far if you have time to kill. Tony Luke's is closet to the stadium (usually a bigger crowd too).

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 12:19 AM
coolasprICE

thanks for the replies guys ... I'll just drive as it seems tolerable was just a bit concerned since I spend every day of my working life in sheety traffic crossing bridges and would like my vacation as traffic free as possible...

How would you guys rate citizen bank to all the other ball parks? pictures look beautiful

Old
08-16-2012, 12:52 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Citizens bank park is top notch

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote