HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-Col

Closed Thread

Old
08-16-2012, 03:11 PM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

vCash: 500
Tor-Col

To Tor: Cameron Gaunce
Mark Olver

To Colorado: Jake Gardiner

Colorado is obviously in need of a young futUre top 4 defenseman who can play alongside Erik Johnson. So trading for Gardiner from Toronto will fill that hole. In return, Torontos prospect depth at defense and center improve with the pick up Olver and Gaunce. Gaunce has the potential to become a top 4 dman in the NHL as he truly dominated last season in the AHL. So good trade for both teams as Colorado is ready to become a consistent playoff contender and Toronto is still rebuilding and looking to increase prospect depth.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
Mark Olver

Colorado is obviously in need of a young futUre top 4 defenseman who can play alongside Erik Johnson. So trading for Gardiner from Toronto will fill that hole. In return, Torontos prospect depth at defense and center improve with the pick up Olver and Gaunce. Gaunce has the potential to become a top 4 dman in the NHL as he truly dominated last season in the AHL. So good trade for both teams as Colorado is ready to become a consistent playoff contender and Toronto is still rebuilding and looking to increase prospect depth.
I will respectively decline.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:22 PM
i2strange97

Quote:
Mark Olver

Seems fair...

Old
08-16-2012, 03:24 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
You aren't being clever. You're not even being original anymore.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:26 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Nothing Toronto doesn't already have in their system, Gardiner isn't going anywhere for that package.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:27 PM
InterceptSchenn
Good Evening MrFrost

Quote:
Mark Olver

My goodness gracious

Old
08-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterceptSchenn View Post
My goodness gracious
Don't worry, it's just his not so clever revenge thread for all the Staz proposals.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:33 PM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

Ok what if we added a 2nd round pick?

Old
08-16-2012, 03:35 PM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Don't worry, it's just his not so clever revenge thread for all the Staz proposals.
Ohh so I guess every proposal made by avs fans here are 'revenge' for the staz proposals. It isn't. This is serious.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:36 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

Sure it makes sense in your head, but think about the other team.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:41 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Don't be to rough on him boys. We will let this slide it's the least we can do for those 1000 stastny proposals

Old
08-16-2012, 03:42 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Quote:
Ohh so I guess every proposal made by avs fans here are 'revenge' for the staz proposals. It isn't. This is serious.
Well than it is terrible. We are very high on Gardiner and neither of the prospects your offering would be be sure things to make the top 10 of our prospect list.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Leafsfan381

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefactor View Post
ok what if we added a 2nd round pick?
lol!

Old
08-16-2012, 03:43 PM
EXTRAS

Hi,

I noticed that Colorado is extremely deep on offensive talent. Young offensive talent, at that, with arguably 9 players (O'Reilly, Statsny, Landeskog, Duchene, Downie, Jones, McGinn, Hejduk, and Paranteau) that could play top 6 roles, and 6 of them being 26 yrs or under.
I also noticed their complete lack of goaltending giggy, and varlamov, as well as their almost non-existent defense. The highest point getting defender last season for colorado was E. Johnson with 26 points, while going into this season the Canucks fourth defender in points will have had 33 points.

What do you guys think about a trade to shore up your defense, and give you a net presense for two of your young guys?

From Vancouver: Luongo, Edler

From Colorado: Duchene, O'reilly

Luongo would be your bonifed #1 Goalie, and Edler your #1 defender, while the Canucks would get back Duchene who had a bad year, and O'reilly who looks like he is going to be a stud.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Well than it is terrible. We are very high on Gardiner and neither of the prospects your offering would be be sure things to make the top 10 of our prospect list.
Other than Reilly, who do you have that is currently a better prospect defensively than Gaunce? I'm really curious to know.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Leafsfan381

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTRAS View Post
Hi,

I noticed that Colorado is extremely deep on offensive talent. Young offensive talent, at that, with arguably 9 players (O'Reilly, Statsny, Landeskog, Duchene, Downie, Jones, McGinn, Hejduk, and Paranteau) that could play top 6 roles, and 6 of them being 26 yrs or under.
I also noticed their complete lack of goaltending giggy, and varlamov, as well as their almost non-existent defense. The highest point getting defender last season for colorado was E. Johnson with 26 points, while going into this season the Canucks fourth defender in points will have had 33 points.

What do you guys think about a trade to shore up your defense, and give you a net presense for two of your young guys?

Luongo would be your bonifed #1 Goalie, and Edler your #1 defender, while the Canucks would get back Duchene who had a bad year, and O'reilly who looks like he is going to be a stud.
I'm a Leafs fan and I know barely anything about the Avalanche but I highly doubt that they would get rid of Duchene.

Old
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Hi,

One of the worst proposals i have ever seen.

Old
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Other than Reilly, who do you have that is currently a better prospect defensively than Gaunce? I'm really curious to know.
Percy, Finn and Blacker. Possibly Holzer.

Old
birddog*

Quote:
How does this help Toronto? They have a number of prospects and first rounders in the system -- Kadri, Rielly, Percy, Biggs, Ashton, Colborne... Trading an young NHL dman with lots of promise for a prospect is not making them any better -- nor will it happen.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:48 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
You just highlighted the problem with the proposal -- prospect -- Gaunce is a prospect. Gardiner has proven he can play and excel at the NHL level. He's young with more potential than Gaunce -- so why would the Leafs even consider this?

Old
08-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
Finn is the only one I could see as arguable given his age and past season. I'd be curious to hear from Majors fans if they felt Percy was better, would be surprised if he was.

I'm not arguing the proposal, the OP and his ilk annoy me. I'm curious about these 10 prospects better than Gaunce, specifically defensive prospects. Because I don't see them.

Old
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepprey View Post
Sure it makes sense in your head, but think about the other team.
WOAH there what a crazy concept. We'll up the offer to Barrie/Elliot + Olver.

Old
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Hi,

Oh god, at first I was gonna reply to the Leafs fans in here destroying the OP's proposal because while its not fair, its not as bad as theyre making it out to be. Gardiner really isnt that great.....

But then I saw this.....

I, I ,I dont even know were to start. The Avs dont need a Goalie, certainly not one like Luongo who is hardly an upgrade over what we have now, and on a terrible contract. And we Have Giguere, since when did Giguere become a "young guy". Why would we trade Duchene for **** because he had a "bad year". Edler while being a great Dman and would be a nice addition, would not be our #1 Dman, and certainly not wanted at the cost of even 1 of Radar or Duchene.

I really hope this was just a troll post, but these days with Avs, Nucks, and Leafs fans and the sillyness going on with Stastny and Luongo you can never tell.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Quote:
so basically... no one other than Rielly

Old
08-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Any clearly you know nothing about Gaunce.

None of these guys outside of maybe Finn are even in Gaunce's tier. Once again Leafs fans severely overrate there players/prospects while trying to belittle the other teams players.

Closed Thread