HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Nolan Yonkman

Closed Thread

Old
08-10-2012, 06:16 PM
DontTazMeBro
LoveYouRyanNash

vCash: 500
Nolan Yonkman

Went to a few AHL games last year most of them were against the San Antonio rampage, but why does this guy always get booed? I never understood why.

Old
08-10-2012, 06:50 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYouRyanNash View Post
Went to a few AHL games last year most of them were against the San Antonio rampage, but why does this guy always get booed? I never understood why.
He is a big tough guy and has been in the AHL as a captain for a while. Really was a fringe NHL player before his knee injury, sort of surprised he hasn't got a chance back up after that happened with the Capitals. Judging from where you're from if you went to a Wolves game he is the former long-time captain of your rival in the Milwaukee Admirals.

One of the nicest people I have met off the ice, my guess is it is the old rivalry factor.

Old
08-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

It is all rivalry. Here is my favorite Nolan Yonkman moment. Too bad the Hoff got hurt at the end when the big doofus went down.

08-10-2012, 11:09 PM
DontTazMeBro
LoveYouRyanNash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
He is a big tough guy and has been in the AHL as a captain for a while. Really was a fringe NHL player before his knee injury, sort of surprised he hasn't got a chance back up after that happened with the Capitals. Judging from where you're from if you went to a Wolves game he is the former long-time captain of your rival in the Milwaukee Admirals.

One of the nicest people I have met off the ice, my guess is it is the old rivalry factor.
Yea, went to a lot of Wolves games with my buddys, they always get tickets lol.

Old
08-11-2012, 12:15 AM
axecrew

Nothing to do with the rivalry at all.....actually has everything to do with for years he has targeted smaller players on various teams for cheap shots knowing they won't fight him.....as you can see in the clip, as soon as someone his size gets involved he's in trouble. He pulls bush league crap like facewashes, grabbing player from behind by his face etc all after the whistle,but only smaller players. when someone who can handle him is involved he wants nothing to do with them.

Old
08-14-2012, 10:40 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by axecrew View Post
Nothing to do with the rivalry at all.....actually has everything to do with for years he has targeted smaller players on various teams for cheap shots knowing they won't fight him.....as you can see in the clip, as soon as someone his size gets involved he's in trouble. He pulls bush league crap like facewashes, grabbing player from behind by his face etc all after the whistle,but only smaller players. when someone who can handle him is involved he wants nothing to do with them.
So Hoffman hitting Matheson from behind and taking out his knee on the play before the fight is okay with you? He missed about 2 weeks due to the knee. Yonkman went right after that 6'5" 250 pound goon since Mark Matheson (who now plays for the Wolves) couldn't stand up for himself figuratively or literally. Mike Hoffman also jumped off the bench in Milwaukee to attack 6'1" 210 pound Kelsey Wilson from behind. He was suspended for that. Cheap shot and bush league fit him also. Your facts aren't straight Axecrew.

The second bolded part sounds like Sterling.

Last edited by adsfan: 08-14-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old
08-14-2012, 11:05 PM
axecrew

First of all.....Kelsey Wilson....really?????? There's a photo of him in Websters under goon.

As for Sterling.....doers he do cheap stuff.....yeah but no more than another guy. And here's the clincher.....while I wouldn't want yonkman on the wolves ever, don't sit there and tell me you wouldn't want Sterling in milwaukee.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

OK, asked and answered. This topic is getting derailed.

Closed Thread