HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Grabovski+ for your 1C

Old
08-14-2012, 11:01 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

vCash: 500
Grabovski+ for your 1C

We can put Kadri/Colborne to develop on the 2nd line for sheltered scoring and have a good 1st line, and 3rd line shutdown.

*Without trade subtractions*

Lupul-XXXXX-Kessel
JVR-Kadri/Colborne-MacArthur
Kulemin-Bozak-Frattin
Komarov/Lombardi-McClement-Brown

Phaneuf-Gunnar
Gardiner-Liles
Holzer/Franson/Komisarek

Grabovski is a feisty good 2C with good playmaking skills and has a great work ethic.
List some prices.

Last edited by Leafs For Life*: 08-14-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Akonite

Grabovski is not the starting point for discussions involving number one centers. Which are typically not for trade anyways.

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:05 PM
Kyungnam

Grabo+Reilly+kessel+1st would be the overpayment you're looking at

Kyungnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:08 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyungnam View Post
But all the 'Big 4' players are going to be top 10 and are not traded for anything less than a job losing trade while Gagner is worth teams top young players, right EDM fans?

Last edited by Leafs For Life*: 08-14-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old
08-14-2012, 11:09 PM
TheUnseenHand
madest thou look

Kessel. Seriously, who is going to give you a first line center in a deal where Grabo is the main piece going the other way Then you list your best prospects as guys you want playing sheltered minutes that would almost have to be added in order to get a first line center without adding Kessel to the deal. Maybe if someone really wanted Grabovski you could do him plus 2 firsts and a prospect, maybe.

TheUnseenHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:11 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
for what? your whole team?

Grabovski is one of the best 2nd line C's ... i would not trade him

Kessel/Lupul can play with anyone between them, Grabo IS our 2nd line

no need to become a 1 line team

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:12 PM
LeafsLegends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonite View Post
Grabovski is not the starting point for discussions involving number one centers. Which are typically not for trade anyways.
Why even come into the thread to just say that and nothing else. Worry about your team and what they need to do to win instead of chirping a leafs fan without contributing anything worthwhile. Also before you start ur rant about the big 4 on your team remember that they are the big 1 as in eberle until the other 3 prove themselves to not be injury prone and also be consistantly productive at the nhl level.

LeafsLegends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:13 PM
Kyungnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
There is the EDM fans.. Thinking all their 4 players are going to be top 10 and are not traded for anything less than a job losing trade.
It's unfortunate that you think being an oil fan has anything to do with this. You're asking for a number one c. Let's say you had a Getzlaf on your team. Would you trade it for a gabo +. Because I don't think any other fan base would. Your starting point is flawed but I tried to use your parameters.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:15 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
Kessel. Seriously, who is going to give you a first line center in a deal where Grabo is the main piece going the other way Then you list your best prospects as guys you want playing sheltered minutes that would almost have to be added in order to get a first line center without adding Kessel to the deal. Maybe if someone really wanted Grabovski you could do him plus 2 firsts and a prospect, maybe.
I listed them with the *Without trade subtractions* And obviously one would be put in the deal, hence the /. HF mindset of every Leaf player is garbage will be in this thread.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Akonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsLegends View Post
Why even come into the thread to just say that and nothing else. Worry about your team and what they need to do to win instead of chirping a leafs fan without contributing anything worthwhile. Also before you start ur rant about the big 4 on your team remember that they are the big 1 as in eberle until the other 3 prove themselves to not be injury prone and also be consistantly productive at the nhl level.
Wow. I really wasn't trying to be confrontational at all but thanks for assuming I'm an ignorant fan who hates the leafs.I'm not trying to chirp anyone so come on man no need to be aggressive.

It's my opinion that Grabovski is not the starting point in discussions for a first line center. I don't think that's an uncommon opinion or an unfair statement.

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:18 PM
LeafsLegends

Quote:
It's unfortunate that you think being an oil fan has anything to do with this. You're asking for a number one c. Let's say you had a Getzlaf on your team. Would you trade it for a gabo +. Because I don't think any other fan base would. Your starting point is flawed but I tried to use your parameters.
It's not flawed if you look at a situation like anaheims. Getzlaf hasnt re upped yet and he might not so grabo plus a pick and or prospect at the deadline would be solid value for the ducks. it would be good for the leafs as well if burke could extend getlaf before free agency. Not likely but not impossible either.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:19 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
If you have a one line team with your secondary scoring retiring in a season (Koivu/Selanne) well then you have to get depth and as your player you are trading is an upcoming UFA, it decreases value. List a reasonable + instead of Grabo+Rielly+Kessel+1st.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:20 PM
LeafsLegends

Quote:
Wow. I really wasn't trying to be confrontational at all but thanks for assuming I'm an ignorant fan who hates the leafs.I'm not trying to chirp anyone so come on man no need to be aggressive.

It's my opinion that Grabovski is not the starting point in discussions for a first line center. I don't think that's an uncommon opinion or an unfair statement.
Well I apologize then it just seems so many fans from other teams wanna rag on the leafs and the fan base its all ive seen on here since ive joined.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:22 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

Grabovski + Kessel

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:22 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:

You didn't chirp one bit, more like Kyung.. did. I am asking for a reasonable + on Grabo for a 1C.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Kyungnam

Quote:
It's not flawed if you look at a situation like anaheims. Getzlaf hasnt re upped yet and he might not so grabo plus a pick and or prospect at the deadline would be solid value for the ducks. it would be good for the leafs as well if burke could extend getlaf before free agency. Not likely but not impossible either.
Completely valid point. But a signed first line center would be hard for any franchise to trade for. Not a slight to grabovski, whom I would love to have on the oil

Old
08-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Franson/Bozak for Stepan. Although doubt Stepan is of interest as he isn't #1 center.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Well I apologize then it just seems so many fans from other teams wanna rag on the leafs and the fan base its all ive seen on here since ive joined.
You will see that HF has a mentality to rag on most Leaf related stuff and then when it is a diff. team (JVR/Schenn scenario) they will list as a top 4 player with good potential, etc from being a bottom pair dman that's a scrub. Like there is annoying Leaf Fans, as in every fanbase, but no need to say Leafs have no value.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:32 PM
LeafsLegends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Franson/Bozak for Stepan. Although doubt Stepan is of interest as he isn't #1 center.
Now ur just stirring the pot lol

Old
08-14-2012, 11:37 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Weber-lite/Crosby-lite for StepBust? no thanks

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:40 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Good value, but not a deal we would do.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:42 PM
TheUnseenHand
madest thou look

Quote:
I listed them with the *Without trade subtractions* And obviously one would be put in the deal, hence the /. HF mindset of every Leaf player is garbage will be in this thread.
I assumed you meant to keep those two guys. I dunno, I guess I could see something worked around Grabovski, Kadri and a 1st depending on who the guy going the other way is and what his situation is. I would have to imagine if a number one type center was available, though, other teams could easily outbid that kind of offer.

TheUnseenHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:43 PM
LeafsLegends

Quote:
Good value, but not a deal we would do.
id do that deal even if we had to add a 1st in 2013 and a mid prospect lmao.

Old
08-14-2012, 11:45 PM
thrillhouse99

Grabovski isn't the asset to get a number one centre IMO. A package of bozak, prospects and picks is more realistic.

thrillhouse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:46 PM
TurdFerguson

For a team to be willing to trade a legit 1C, they need:

Two legit 1C's
OR
A significant problem with their 1C
OR
An offer they can't refuse

Since i haven't heard of really significant problems with any 1C's, you have to look at teams with multiple 1C's.

Any team that has multiple 1C's is in cup contention with the sole exception being Colorado.

TML-COL threads have not gone well (Colorado doesn't have a depth problem, they need high end skill).

Any cup contending team wants quality roster players.

In the end, the Leafs really need to offer Kessel or at least Phaneuf if they want a top center.

TurdFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote