HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Denver Cutthroats

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-16-2012, 11:48 PM
  #1
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne
 
CalleJAMkrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yesterday
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,153
vCash: 500
Denver Cutthroats

Hey Av's fans, I live right across the street from the Denver Coliseum and with the threat of a lockout I am looking at other possible hockey fixes. What i really want to know is this team worth seeing live and are the games usually packed, fun, etc. Also do they serve beer

Anyways looking forward to an NHL season also thanks in advance for any info!

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:57 PM
  #2
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 31,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
Hey Av's fans, I live right across the street from the Denver Coliseum and with the threat of a lockout I am looking at other possible hockey fixes. What i really want to know is this team worth seeing live and are the games usually packed, fun, etc. Also do they serve beer

Anyways looking forward to an NHL season also thanks in advance for any info!
  • it's their first season
  • the Unversity of Denver is great for hockey
  • Live across the street from the Coloseum? You'll love that come stock show time.

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:57 PM
  #3
BrickAHL
WOATalanche
 
BrickAHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,901
vCash: 500
This upcoming season will be their 1st season so it's pretty difficult to answer your questions because obviously nobody has seen them play yet.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 12:06 AM
  #4
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne
 
CalleJAMkrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yesterday
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,153
vCash: 500
Alright i was not aware of this being their first season, will definitely have to catch some games even if there is no lockout. I know about DU, is Zucker (think thats his name?) still there by chance? And by stock show do you mean the rodeo? I saw last years Rodeo but i wasnt living near the Coliseum then.

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 12:22 AM
  #5
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 5,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
  • it's their first season
  • the Unversity of Denver is great for hockey
  • Live across the street from the Coloseum? You'll love that come stock show time.
The smell, THE SMELL.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 12:28 AM
  #6
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne
 
CalleJAMkrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yesterday
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
The smell, THE SMELL.
hahahahahahaha ok ok i get it now about the stock show. But it already reeeeks sometimes bcuz of the Purina dog food plant, I have a hard time envisioning it getting worse

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 12:49 AM
  #7
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,519
vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
Alright i was not aware of this being their first season, will definitely have to catch some games even if there is no lockout. I know about DU, is Zucker (think thats his name?) still there by chance? And by stock show do you mean the rodeo? I saw last years Rodeo but i wasnt living near the Coliseum then.
Zucker went pro. Expect him to play for the Wild full-time this year once the NHL gets up and running in November.

__________________
Scout based in Western Canada - find me on Twitter:

@DubFromAbove
@Avs_Tweets
R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 12:53 AM
  #8
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne
 
CalleJAMkrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yesterday
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Zucker went pro. Expect him to play for the Wild full-time this year once the NHL gets up and running in November.

I was really hoping to be able to cheer for Zucker, but unfortunately he now plays for the Wild

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 01:15 AM
  #9
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,579
vCash: 500
A guy who played for my hometown team a couple of years ago just signed with the Cuttthroats, his name is Brad Smyth and he was a fan favourite here in Zagreb.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 01:24 AM
  #10
thrillhouse99
Registered User
 
thrillhouse99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 841
vCash: 500
Livestock smells funny.

thrillhouse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 02:56 PM
  #11
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,293
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
DU Hockey is probably the best $ for quality hockey value in this town.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 03:18 PM
  #12
Foppa Frossa
Registered User
 
Foppa Frossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,663
vCash: 50
You might get to see one or more of our goalie prospects.

Foppa Frossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.