HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose NHL 13 thread (DEMO out for XBL, PSN will get it today)

Old
08-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Lyndon Slewidge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
- Skating backwards leading to potential abuse (I am concerned with skating backwards becoming an overused and abused tactic, just like prior titles, in the offensive zone to maintain puck control)
I already abused the **** out of this in the 12, if you hold down L2 it does the same thing, it's not new.

Lyndon Slewidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:35 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndon Slewidge View Post
I already abused the **** out of this in the 12, if you hold down L2 it does the same thing, it's not new.
I've played against the best clubs and the best exploiters of the game since the creation of the EASHL. Trust me, I'm well aware of this glitch, thanks. That's my concern. It can still be done.

Mind you, I think it'll be much more difficult to control the puck after testing it out more on the demo. The more I've played the demo, the more optimistic I become about the game play.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:53 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Still not sure if I should buy it. Signed up for the league and all, but the whole BAGM is really not looking good.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:59 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Still not sure if I should buy it. Signed up for the league and all, but the whole BAGM is really not looking good.
All they've really shown/said about it is that the "GM Brain" is supposed to be realistic. I don't see what else they've introduced regarding BAGM other than the fact you can play with others now. As long as they fix the little bugs that plagued former titles, I'll be happy.

We both know you'll get it.

Old
08-22-2012, 09:02 PM
RedWhiteBlackGold

Haven't downloaded the demo yet but just wanted to say I'm sure there will be a tuner set once the game is released. What the game is like now in the demo, I'm quite confident it won't be what it's like come release date.

08-22-2012, 09:06 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Quote:
You can really tell that the BeAGM mode is going to be terrible because of the demo.

Amirite?

08-22-2012, 09:13 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlackGold View Post
Haven't downloaded the demo yet but just wanted to say I'm sure there will be a tuner set once the game is released. What the game is like now in the demo, I'm quite confident it won't be what it's like come release date.
It's a given that EA will progressively release tuners to turn the game play back to the "same old, same old". It's happened every NHL title since NHL 10. It'll be a slow progression.

What happens is that a giant swarm of casual gaming children complain directly on EA's forums that they can't score on the same dekes or shots that they've gotten so used to exploiting over the years. Slight changes are made to satisfy the masses, but they're never happy. So these changes are made several times with different tuners until the game is basically entirely reverted the NHL 10 v2.0.

Old
08-22-2012, 09:36 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
You can really tell that the BeAGM mode is going to be terrible because of the demo.

Amirite?
Bwahahaha. This made me laugh for real.

BK201 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:37 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Agreed. Plenty of people whine and ruin EA's product. I'm actually impressed every year by the demo, although there's always a few things EA ****s up (some ratings, some animations happening too often, some things being easy to exploit).

It's the same for all games though. BF3 used to be perfectly balanced with the exception of the USAS Frags being overpowered... since then it's a new overpowered weapon every patch.

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:57 PM
BK201

I really liked it thought it was more realistic now, there's not as many completely perfect unrealistic passes that create odd man rushes the other way.

BK201 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 11:25 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Liking it more the more I play it. Looking forward to picking it up (though looking much more forward to FIFA 13!).

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 07:00 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
Nugent Hopkins at 80 makes me laugh.

Also, Datsyuk at 95 is too high.
In all fairness, Datsyuk is one of the most, if not the most, complete player in the league... Granted 95 may be too much, but gotta be around 91-93

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 07:37 AM
Upgrayedd

Quote:
Except your playing with said roster for multiple seasons in Be a GM mode and a player's OVR fluctuates based on their potential.

IMO, Karlsson's OVR rating at 86 is accurate. The problem isn't Karlsson's rating, it's the ratings of players like Z. Michalek and company. Karlsson should be at a mid-high 80 with a B-/B/B- potential.
Some people may be interested in this, however i feel the vast majority who buy this game will not play this function nor will care about it, just my .02

Upgrayedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 12:12 PM
mrb91

vCash: 149
Once I got used to the skating I am liking it. It seems more realistic, especially in the goals I have seen scored.

mrb91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 01:02 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrayedd View Post
Some people may be interested in this, however i feel the vast majority who buy this game will not play this function nor will care about it, just my .02
Sucks for them?

Erik Karlsson being an 86 isn't far off. He's 22 and still has room to grow. EA Sports isn't going to just slap on a 90+ with his potential still in tact.

EDIT: Also, I think you're just flat out wrong on that assessment. The vast majority of those with the game don't play any Be a GM mode? When it's their biggest and most marketed game mode this year? I think the vast majority DO play Be a GM mode.

Old
08-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:

Amirite?
Ratings will play a huge part which they've already ****ed up on.

Get off my back.

They also said the GM Brain was smarter last year, so pardon me i I don't exactly take their word for it.

Old
08-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

86 is far off.

EA needs to find a way to keep the players true rating relevant while factoring in potential.

I'm sick and tired of people getting rated less or more because they have potential as well.

Instead of making it that EK grows from 86 to 92, make it that he grows from 90 to 92. There. Boom. Done.

Old
08-23-2012, 01:47 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Quote:
86 is far off.

EA needs to find a way to keep the players true rating relevant while factoring in potential.

I'm sick and tired of people getting rated less or more because they have potential as well.

Instead of making it that EK grows from 86 to 92, make it that he grows from 90 to 92. There. Boom. Done.
The reason I say 86 isn't far off is because that's ideal OVR I see EK at right now. The problem is the OTHER PLAYER'S ratings. If EA is going to hand out these high-ratings willy nilly to every player, then EK should be higher. But I hate seeing so many players at 85+.

I'd love to see EA adopt a new ratings system that has only the truly elite at 85+.

Old
08-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
The reason I say 86 isn't far off is because that's ideal OVR I see EK at right now. The problem is the OTHER PLAYER'S ratings. If EA is going to hand out these high-ratings willy nilly to every player, then EK should be higher. But I hate seeing so many players at 85+.

I'd love to see EA adopt a new ratings system that has only the truly elite at 85+.
Well opinion here doesn't really matter. There are still a healthy number of people who have 90+ ratings in NHL13, and Erik Karlsson deserves to be one of them. If that means he only grows 2 or 3 more rating, fine by me.

It's the same problem with the drafting system in NHL12. The first overall pick, based on last years rating, should be changed. Same with all the top prospects.

Current System
65-75 Initial Rating for #1 Pick
OVR increase of up to 25-30 based on potential

Ideal System
75-82 Initial Rating for #1 Pick
OVR Increase of 5-13 based on potential

What I'm saying is that EA needs to do a better job at prioritizing current overall. Right now, they're focusing too much on potential. They're making some players inferior because they want them to have high potential. Potential should be an after thought.

Old
08-23-2012, 03:19 PM
RedWhiteBlackGold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb91 View Post
Once I got used to the skating I am liking it. It seems more realistic, especially in the goals I have seen scored.
Likewise. I can still easily snipe it past Brodeur though but definitely liking the game play.

RedWhiteBlackGold is offline   Reply With Quote