HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rats vs Amerks 1/19/05

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2005, 09:49 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Rats vs Amerks 1/19/05

The Rats "celebrated" the midpoint of their season by awarding Rochester backup Tom Askey with his first shutout of the year. Rheaume and Murphy, both normally sound defensive players, were both an uncharacteristic -2 for the night as the Rats lost 4-0 at home. It was all around a very forgettable game.

http://www.pointstreak.com/framed/pr...?gameid=139789

SCORING SUMMARY
Period 1
Rochester - Derek Roy (powerplay) (Thomas Vanek, Chris Taylor) 18:09

Period 2
Rochester - Geoff Peters (shorthanded) (Paul Gaustad) 3:42
Rochester - Chris Taylor (Jason Pominville, Milan Bartovic) 14:17

Period 3
Rochester - Chris Taylor (shorthanded) (unassisted) 12:25

Lines to start the game:

Suglobov-Parise-Voros
Murphy-McAmmond-Rheaume
Nittel-Foster-Pikkarainen
Clouthier-Khomutov-Janssen

Brooks-Redlihs
Schultz-DeMarchi
Spencer-Allen

Ahonen

In the second and third, Clouthier seemed to replace Voros on the line with Parise and Suglobov. I don't think DeMarchi, who had a pretty brutal game, played at all in the third.

Scratches were: Pihlman (knee) Kesa (ribs) and Skrlac (presumed healthy)

Here's the gamestory:
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...83#post2379883

40 games into the season, the Rats are 10-22-4-4, and are sadly on track to finish with fewer points than last season.

In other totally irrelevant news: Scott Clemmensen is set to debut his new mask this weekend. Sounds like it'll be pretty cool. At least I have something to look forward to.

Last edited by ratsgirl: 01-19-2005 at 10:02 PM.
Old
01-19-2005, 10:30 PM
Hellsempire

It does appear that this Rats team is going to continue to lose and see no changes are being made to improve this team so it will be a very long season for the Rats. They are having trouble scoring and giving up two shorthanded goals tonight is just terrible. Rats will be cellar dwellers this season and may be worse than last season with only 28 pts and a record of 10-22-4-4. Makes me want to puke.

AlbanyRiverRats.com
FOUR FIGHTS, FOUR GOALS DO IN RATS

Quote:
FOUR FIGHTS, FOUR GOALS DO IN RATS

January 19, 2005 - The Albany River Rats fell to the Rochester Americans, 4-0, on Wednesday, January 19. Amerks G Tom Askey made 29 saves for the win.

LW Brett Clouthier got the Rats fired up, taking on Amerks RW Sean McMorrow at 6:45 of the first period. But a hooking penalty to D Matt DeMarchi would prove costly as Rochester went up 1-0 only three seconds into the power play. C Derek Roy, who played 49 games with the Buffalo Sabres last year, scored his 10th goal of the season, with LW Thomas Vanek and Rochester captain Chris Taylor getting the assists. Shots after the first period were 11-10 in favor of the Amerks.

Rochester went up, 2-0, with a shorthanded breakaway goal from C Geoff Peters at 3:42 of the second period. The gloves started flying as RW Cam Janssen fought with McMorrow, followed by a bout between Rats D Steven Spencer and C Paul Gaustad just five minutes later. Gaustad received an extra two minutes for instigating and a ten-minute misconduct. Taylor notched his second point of the night with a goal to put the Amerks up 3-0, with RW Jason Pominville and LW Milan Bartovic grabbing the assists.

Taylor added his second goal of the night at 12:25 of the third period. It was also the second shorthanded goal for the Amerks. After a fight between Rats D Ray Schultz and RW Chris Thorburn, the Amerks held on for the 4-0 win. Shots on goal were 39-29 in favor of Rochester. Taylor, with two goals and an assist, was the first star of the game, Askey the second, and Peters the third.

Old
01-19-2005, 10:33 PM
DevilFisch

Send a message via ICQ to DevilFisch Send a message via AIM to DevilFisch
So this game can be summed up with the word: "Ooooof" ?

Old
01-19-2005, 10:36 PM
Hellsempire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilFisch

Yeah that I say could be it. Mine would be an explicit word that is not aloud here.

So my word is TURDS!

Old
01-20-2005, 06:39 AM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilFisch
I think that eloquently sums up about 75% of the season so far.

Old
01-20-2005, 06:44 AM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

timesunion.com: Rats hit lowpoint at season's midpoint

Americans 4 River Rats 0 ALBANY -- If their 40-game record is an accurate reflection of the first half of the Albany River Rats' season, the word "progress" can't be part of the scouting report.

[...]

Even by last-year's unimposing non-playoff standards, 2004-05 has been a step back. At this time last season, the Rats had a record of 12-18-5-5 and 34 points. Although they were, as now, last in the East, their hole wasn't quite as deep.

[...]

"Bottom line is it's my fault we're not doing as well as we have to be doing," Ftorek said. "We'll go to work, and go to work, and go to work. It's repetition, repetition. The biggest thing I'm frustrated with is our passing. We haven't worked hard enough on our passing."

Old
01-20-2005, 06:44 AM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

troyrecord.com: Amerks too much for Rats

ALBANY - At the midway mark of their season, the Albany River Rats continue to drift into the doldrums.

[...]

"It's my fault that we're not doing as well as we have to be doing - that's the bottom line," Ftorek said. "We have to continue to work and we'll go to work."
Yet, while Ftorek took the blame, Allen was also accountable for the team's predicament.
"Every aspect of our game was pretty bad," Allen said. "I think if you ask everybody in the (dressing) room, they're going to tell you that. If we don't come out and compete for 60 minutes, we're not going to have success and we know that. Yet it seems that as a team, we're not coming out ready to play and it's very, very frustrating."

Old
01-20-2005, 08:52 AM
Hellsempire

Ftorek is talking out of his ass and I think the players are not responding to Robbie anymore. I like Robbie and all but a change really needs to be made because Robbie is not doing a very good job so far. Time for a new head coach for the Rats IMO.

Old
01-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Defence first

vCash:
Maybe it is time to get Ftorek out and get somebody new in. I say ted Nolan, he did a awesome job with a young Sabres team a few years back.

Old
01-20-2005, 03:05 PM
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defence first
Maybe it is time to get Ftorek out and get somebody new in. I say ted Nolan, he did a awesome job with a young Sabres team a few years back.
Disagree... Ftorek is the one who developed Sullivan, Elias, Sykora, and a myriad of other good NHL players in Albany. Give him a healthy team and a decent defense, he'll do much better than this. Remember, he won the Calder in Albany back in 1995.

Old
01-20-2005, 04:17 PM
c-carp

How did Jannsen do with McMorrow.

Thanks

Old
01-20-2005, 04:29 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
How did Jannsen do with McMorrow.

Thanks
from the ahl board:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE4DEVILS
Cam Janssen of the Rats fared better in a later matchup with McMorrow, but again the Rochester pugilist managed to yank the River Rat's jersey up over the face, giving him an edge

Old
01-20-2005, 04:34 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsgirl
from the ahl board:
Thanks, I ask about the Kid because if he makes it to the show he will be the first true St Louis born player to make the NHL and there are very few places where I can try and keep track of him.

Old
01-20-2005, 04:36 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
Thanks, I ask about the Kid because if he makes it to the show he will be the first true St Louis born player to make the NHL and there are very few places where I can try and keep track of him.
no problem. i'm just not very good at recapping fights

Old
01-20-2005, 04:52 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsgirl
no problem. i'm just not very good at recapping fights
I understand, its something you have to have a real interest in to comment on to a great exstent.

Closed Thread