HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Time for the last page of OT, unless you're a 25 posts a page heathen.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-05-2012, 08:55 PM
  #951
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Hey Beechsack.. Follow up here. So I went to the Apple store today and spoke with 2 employees about my situation I'm trying to figure out. They told me AirPlay devices need wifi to work. There's no way an iPad only can connect using Airplay without wirelessly to a printer without using a wireless home network of some sort. Also the printcentral app will work, but only if there is Bluetooth capability with the printer. According to them, you turn on Bluetooth on the iPad after downloading that app and the printer should be recognized and I should be able to print right to the printer. Well, I just thought I would let you know what info I got today. I'm still looking into my options. Thanks again.
I forgot that I had mine jailbroken, and that's why it worked for me without WiFi last time I tried.

Did a little homework. Wait a week for IOS 6. They are supposed to be adding that feature in, at least for AirPlay. Not sure about AirPrint.

Sorry I mislead you there. Totally forgot I did that.

SackTastic is offline  
Old
09-05-2012, 09:11 PM
  #952
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
I forgot that I had mine jailbroken, and that's why it worked for me without WiFi last time I tried.

Did a little homework. Wait a week for IOS 6. They are supposed to be adding that feature in, at least for AirPlay. Not sure about AirPrint.

Sorry I mislead you there. Totally forgot I did that.
No problem at all! Your ideas and knowledge sparked me to go and ask at Apple. I am in no rush to set all this up for my mother in law. Just started to do the research so I'll take my time and pull the trigger in a few weeks. It's funny, I've been reading around in various websites and some say using only Bluetooth to connect an iPad to printer won't work


ZZamboni is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 05:43 AM
  #953
WhoIsJimBob
Suffering
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,687
vCash: 500
First day in court went as well as possible.

I got to see my oldest at practice last night and I get a supervised visit with all three tonight that includes taking them to karate.

The best part was seeing my wife melt down when the referee said I could take the kids to karate. She started lying about me not caring about karate when the truth was tonight will be the first time I'm around the guy she cheated on me with and she's scared to death of there being a scene.

But, she rambled, hung herself, and the referee saw right through her.

My lawyer also told me that the referee was less than thrilled with my wife because she sent me an email the day after I was kicked out admitting that she just did it to get a leg up in the custody battle and that I had been under control for over two weeks. He didn't appreciate that she overstated stuff and got me kicked out under largely false pretenses. He also didn't like that she's taking the kids out of town the next two weeks and thus limiting my ability to have visits with the kids.

But the really good part is that I was in a positive mental state yesterday and my wife and her mother were in a negative mental state. My mother-in-law even mocked one of the positive changes I'm making for myself like I was doing it just for show for the court and not that these trying times are making me very introspective and that I'm working to make myself a better person and better father every single day.

Positivity will always be greater than negativity!

WhoIsJimBob is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 06:33 AM
  #954
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
No problem at all! Your ideas and knowledge sparked me to go and ask at Apple. I am in no rush to set all this up for my mother in law. Just started to do the research so I'll take my time and pull the trigger in a few weeks. It's funny, I've been reading around in various websites and some say using only Bluetooth to connect an iPad to printer won't work

Cool. They'll be unveiling IOS 6 next Wednedsay, so I'll check back then and let you know if they updated this feature or not. I'm pretty sure they're going to based on things I've read, but it's Apple, you never know.

SackTastic is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 06:35 AM
  #955
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post
First day in court went as well as possible.

I got to see my oldest at practice last night and I get a supervised visit with all three tonight that includes taking them to karate.

The best part was seeing my wife melt down when the referee said I could take the kids to karate. She started lying about me not caring about karate when the truth was tonight will be the first time I'm around the guy she cheated on me with and she's scared to death of there being a scene.

But, she rambled, hung herself, and the referee saw right through her.

My lawyer also told me that the referee was less than thrilled with my wife because she sent me an email the day after I was kicked out admitting that she just did it to get a leg up in the custody battle and that I had been under control for over two weeks. He didn't appreciate that she overstated stuff and got me kicked out under largely false pretenses. He also didn't like that she's taking the kids out of town the next two weeks and thus limiting my ability to have visits with the kids.

But the really good part is that I was in a positive mental state yesterday and my wife and her mother were in a negative mental state. My mother-in-law even mocked one of the positive changes I'm making for myself like I was doing it just for show for the court and not that these trying times are making me very introspective and that I'm working to make myself a better person and better father every single day.

Positivity will always be greater than negativity!
Yeesh. Maybe I missed a post, but are you guys legally separated now?

SackTastic is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 07:47 AM
  #956
bullseyed
Registered User
 
bullseyed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Amherst, NY
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Thanks, I understand all the above. The issue I still have is ... After looking at a few videos of people installing printcentral. They are installing software on their PC so their iPad prints to their printer.

She won't have a PC to do this. I wish I could find a video that shows only a tablet, and printer, and how it connects wirelessly thru 3G/4G network. No PC, no wireless home network.
The bolded isn't possible unless you were to buy a 3G/4G printer. I'm not sure they even make that. Any connection from the printer to the tablet will be WiFi. You have three possible network paths:

Printer -> Router -> Modem -> Internet -> 3G/4G Tablet

OR

Printer -> Router -> WiFi Tablet

OR

Printer -> WiFi Tablet



I know that my ex gfs, sister, mom, etc can't handle switching their phones from 3G to WiFi when they get home, so I'm assuming that is why you're hell bent on skipping WiFi. I don't know how the AirPort/AirPlay/whatever crack Apple is dealing these days works.


But here's a question: What does your mom actually need to print out? If she has a tablet, what advantage does having a paper copy of an email or web page bring?


Last edited by bullseyed: 09-06-2012 at 07:53 AM.
bullseyed is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 07:48 AM
  #957
bullseyed
Registered User
 
bullseyed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Amherst, NY
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
It doesn't.

With an iPad and AirPlay printer, the iPad sends the print document directly to the printer. No wireless network is needed. They connect directly to each other.
No wireless ROUTER is needed. AirPlay is an ad hoc WiFi network.

Edit: Apparently that is wrong. I don't own any Apple products. WiFi Direct (open standard available on Android devices) allows for direct connection between any two WiFi enabled devices through an ad hoc network.

bullseyed is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 07:52 AM
  #958
WhoIsJimBob
Suffering
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Yeesh. Maybe I missed a post, but are you guys legally separated now?
Not exactly.

She got an OOP and I'm living with my dad for now.

WhoIsJimBob is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 08:31 AM
  #959
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
No wireless ROUTER is needed. AirPlay is an ad hoc WiFi network.

Edit: Apparently that is wrong. I don't own any Apple products. WiFi Direct (open standard available on Android devices) allows for direct connection between any two WiFi enabled devices through an ad hoc network.
WiFi Direct isn't really a standard. It's simply an extension of ad-hoc to implement device discovery.

Either way, the same thing will exist in IOS 6 next week.

SackTastic is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 08:33 AM
  #960
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post
Not exactly.

She got an OOP and I'm living with my dad for now.
Yikes. I guess she made her choice about how to proceed then.....

SackTastic is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 08:53 AM
  #961
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles
 
brian_griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Z4QQQ batman symbol
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 6,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Yikes. I guess she made her choice about how to proceed then.....
I wouldn't read too much into it. OOPs are kinda standard practice / common advice from lawyers. Moreso in the circumstances JB described where one party is knowingly "in the wrong" yet wishes to use an OOP to avoid the other individual. OOPs have a low burden of proof, and are often "abused" (as JB notes above).

Note: I'm neither prying, nor passing judgement. Just stating my belief that an OOP doesn't indicate whether one party intends to remain hostile to the other, long-term.

brian_griffin is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 08:59 AM
  #962
WhoIsJimBob
Suffering
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Yikes. I guess she made her choice about how to proceed then.....
We'll see. Neither side has filed for divorce yet.

I also wonder what the reality check of what it's really like being the single mother of three children is doing to her mindset.

When we were talking, she seemed to think that all her troubles would go away if I was out of the picture. She didn't seem too happy yesterday after a week with me out of the picture.

WhoIsJimBob is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 09:14 AM
  #963
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,178
vCash: 500
Let my roommate use my debit card to buy us pizza. She forgot to give it back.

No caffeine this morning. Somebody please shoot me.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 09:15 AM
  #964
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,219
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post
We'll see. Neither side has filed for divorce yet.

I also wonder what the reality check of what it's really like being the single mother of three children is doing to her mindset.

When we were talking, she seemed to think that all her troubles would go away if I was out of the picture. She didn't seem too happy yesterday after a week with me out of the picture.
She may change her mind, but based on her actions thus far, my advice is to be dead set on NOT getting back together with her under any circumstances.

If you're in NY, I wouldn't worry too much about custody arrangements. NY is pretty set on giving the father equal custody and rights the last few years unless the mother can show neglect or abuse, which is very difficult.

vcv is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 09:34 AM
  #965
bullseyed
Registered User
 
bullseyed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Amherst, NY
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
She may change her mind, but based on her actions thus far, my advice is to be dead set on NOT getting back together with her under any circumstances.

If you're in NY, I wouldn't worry too much about custody arrangements. NY is pretty set on giving the father equal custody and rights the last few years unless the mother can show neglect or abuse, which is very difficult.
My step dad's experience with his psychotic, lesbian, abusive ex-wife runs counter to this. It is very unfair how few rights men have. He's had to fight uphill for many years to get equal custody.

bullseyed is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 09:51 AM
  #966
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah
 
Mike McDermott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kenmore
Country: United States
Posts: 12,542
vCash: 500
Ugh what the bleep! I hate doctors and insurance companies!

My wife was out or work for 2.5 weeks. She's had to have 3 things filled out by the specialist she saw for our shirt term disability company. Now she's found out she needs another thing before the disability company will send her anything.

To make matters that much worse the doctor doesn't have an email or fax for the insurance company to send them what they need so now me or my wife have to drop off the paperwork that was emailed to my wife at work (she went back Tuesday). Only problem is we both work until 7 and the doctor closes at 6. So now one of us has to find a way to leave early to get this done so things don't get more delayed.

Seriously in this day in age a doctor's office has no email or fax?!?!?!

I repeat I hate doctors and insurance companies.

Ugh shoot me now!

Mike McDermott is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 10:02 AM
  #967
Afino
The Juice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 20,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post

If you're in NY, I wouldn't worry too much about custody arrangements. NY is pretty set on giving the father equal custody and rights the last few years unless the mother can show neglect or abuse, which is very difficult.
This. I know from personal experience that it's the case. I ended up pretty damn well.

Afino is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 10:06 AM
  #968
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Cool. They'll be unveiling IOS 6 next Wednedsay, so I'll check back then and let you know if they updated this feature or not. I'm pretty sure they're going to based on things I've read, but it's Apple, you never know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
The bolded isn't possible unless you were to buy a 3G/4G printer. I'm not sure they even make that. Any connection from the printer to the tablet will be WiFi. You have three possible network paths:

Printer -> Router -> Modem -> Internet -> 3G/4G Tablet

OR

Printer -> Router -> WiFi Tablet

OR

Printer -> WiFi Tablet



I know that my ex gfs, sister, mom, etc can't handle switching their phones from 3G to WiFi when they get home, so I'm assuming that is why you're hell bent on skipping WiFi. I don't know how the AirPort/AirPlay/whatever crack Apple is dealing these days works.


But here's a question: What does your mom actually need to print out? If she has a tablet, what advantage does having a paper copy of an email or web page bring?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
No wireless ROUTER is needed. AirPlay is an ad hoc WiFi network.

Edit: Apparently that is wrong. I don't own any Apple products. WiFi Direct (open standard available on Android devices) allows for direct connection between any two WiFi enabled devices through an ad hoc network.
Thanks for the feedback.

Bullseyed ... My Mother in law probably prints up coupons, and she is still in the habit of printing things that you or I simply wouldn't because we can retrieve it on our tablets or smartphones. If it turns out that a tablet can't connect to printer without using wifi, then I'll try to convince her just come over to our house whenever she absolutely needs a paper copy of something. That will get her (forcefully) in the habit of not needing a paper copy of most things.

ZZamboni is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 10:18 AM
  #969
Penalty Killa
Registered User
 
Penalty Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sabres Nation
Country: United States
Posts: 10,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
This. I know from personal experience that it's the case. I ended up pretty damn well.
You deserved it.

Penalty Killa is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 10:22 AM
  #970
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,219
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
My step dad's experience with his psychotic, lesbian, abusive ex-wife runs counter to this. It is very unfair how few rights men have. He's had to fight uphill for many years to get equal custody.
In NY? When did this happen?

vcv is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 10:28 AM
  #971
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,918
vCash: 500
I got an email late last Friday afternoon from a company I applied for, wanting to setup a phone interview. I responded pretty quickly with my availability for this week, and got no response.

Sent another email yesterday, again updating my availability. Still nothing.

Even if I get an interview and offer at this point, this concerns me a bit.

SackTastic is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 10:30 AM
  #972
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post
We'll see. Neither side has filed for divorce yet.

I also wonder what the reality check of what it's really like being the single mother of three children is doing to her mindset.

When we were talking, she seemed to think that all her troubles would go away if I was out of the picture. She didn't seem too happy yesterday after a week with me out of the picture.
That's some heavy shhhhhh right there JB. I hope it turns out for the better. Time will tell.


Pardon my ignorance, but isn't NY state one of the states that don't allow joint legal custody? Only one of the parents can have full legal custody? This avoids legal battles later over who has legal rights of the child etc...

ZZamboni is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 10:33 AM
  #973
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 37,152
vCash: 500
On a lighter note, Love the name change JB.

On a serious note, just keep doing what you've been doing. It already seems that you're going to get through this all right.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 11:11 AM
  #974
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles
 
brian_griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Z4QQQ batman symbol
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 6,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
My step dad's experience with his psychotic, lesbian, abusive ex-wife runs counter to this. It is very unfair how few rights men have. He's had to fight uphill for many years to get equal custody.
Pics? Afino, Crazy, etc., and I are single...


Last edited by brian_griffin: 09-06-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: of course I am joking - who'd base starting a relationship on a picture?
brian_griffin is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 11:26 AM
  #975
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 37,152
vCash: 500
I am very disappointed that B_G didn't include me.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.