HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Patrik Elias and David Clarkson

Old
08-17-2012, 03:13 PM
tsipka

vCash: 500
Dont think it adds any kind of value. Just thought it was a low figure for him.

Any way. If sens were in the situation I described, what would be a fair return for Alfredson?

tsipka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 03:16 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Spelling police, outlandish statements regarding players values......if you didn't know you were visiting HF during the summer you do now.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsipka View Post
Dont think it adds any kind of value. Just thought it was a low figure for him.

Any way. If sens were in the situation I described, what would be a fair return for Alfredson?
Well putting my homerism aside I still believe Alfredsson has more value then Elias.. but if we were trading him away to allow him to try and win a cup... I think the sens would probably want a 1st and top prospect

Last edited by Marty Straka: 08-17-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Marty Straka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 03:57 PM
MountainGoat
Re-sign Jagr

I wouldn't trade Elias for that package

MountainGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 04:02 PM
tsipka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Well putting my homerism aside I still believe Alfredsson has more value then Elias.. but if we were trading him away to allow him to try and win a cup... I think the sens would probably want a 1st and top prospect
Ok I guess we will do it the way it should be done.

Elias Age 36, Last two years:
GP G A P
81 21 41 62
81 26 52 78

Alfredsson Age 39
GP G A P
54 14 17 31
75 27 32 59

Can you try putting your homerism aside once more plz

Old
08-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Elias will not ever be traded.

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Elias only 82 in NHL13, this obviously means he's going to be traded for a 3rd rounder.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 04:17 PM
tsipka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Elias will not ever be traded.
You're wrong

If Gretzky can be traded, then Elias can be traded.

Old
08-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Quote:
Ok I guess we will do it the way it should be done.

Elias Age 36, Last two years:
GP G A P
81 21 41 62
81 26 52 78

Alfredsson Age 39
GP G A P
54 14 17 31
75 27 32 59

Can you try putting your homerism aside once more plz
I'm glad all you did is go on NHL.com and looked up stats. first off... Alfredsson brings so much more to the team then just stats, he was also coming back from a serious back surgery. He's the longest serving captain in the NHL for reason and he's 3 years older then Elias. If you want to get all technical with me and throw stats out the ass here's Alfredsson when he was 35-36 like Elias

GP G A P
70 40 49 89
79 20 54 74

Old
08-17-2012, 04:37 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Quote:
You're wrong

If Gretzky can be traded, then Elias can be traded.
Uhuh

Elias wont waive his NTC. 2 years ago their were reports that he used his NTC to nix a deal to the Kings I believe it was.

He wont be traded

Old
08-17-2012, 04:48 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
His massive 8 points in 24 games in the playoffs will deter most buyers from paying that price.
He's one of the strongest playoff performers of his generation. He lead the NHL in playoff points this past decade.

The fact that he had groin surgery, on the same groin he had surgery on several years ago, immediately after the playoffs ended kind tells you all that you need to know.

Quote:
a 1st and maybe a B-level prospect.. he's a good player but he isn't Elite talent.

You're team alone is a prime example... Kovalchuk was traded for a 1st, top 9 forward and a prospect... plus some extra equal parts going both ways (i.e Anssi & 2nd for Oduya & 2nd)

Marian Hossa was traded with Dupuis for Colby Armstrong, E.Christensen, Esposito and a 1st.

again.. around the same type of deal your are implying people would spend for a much older Elias who's past his prime and is definitely not in the same kind of Category as Kovalchuk's and Hossa's of the NHL.
First of all, what planet are you on that Anssi Salmela = Johnny Oduya?

He just finished top-10 in NHL scoring. So I don't know what the whole 'past his prime' thing is all about.

And did I mention he's elite defensively, plays on both special teams units, and can play any forward position?

He's a borderline HHoF'er with phenomenal playoff credentials, those aren't available on the market everyday.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
He's one of the strongest playoff performers of his generation. He lead the NHL in playoff points this past decade.

The fact that he had groin surgery, on the same groin he had surgery on several years ago, immediately after the playoffs ended kind tells you all that you need to know.

First of all, what planet are you on that Anssi Salmela = Johnny Oduya?

He just finished top-10 in NHL scoring. So I don't know what the whole 'past his prime' thing is all about.

And did I mention he's elite defensively, plays on both special teams units, and can play any forward position?

He's a borderline HHoF'er with phenomenal playoff credentials, those aren't available on the market everyday.
Where in any of my posts did i write past his prime? Regardless, he's still an aging veteran and a UFA at the deadline.... You won't get 3+ pieces for him.

Old
08-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
His massive 8 points in 24 games in the playoffs will deter most buyers from paying that price.
He also had surgery for a groin injury right after the playoffs ended. Probably had something to do with it. But let's conveniently ignore the 78 points he scored in the regular season playing the majority of the time with Sykora and Zubrus, the "geezer line", as we called them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
and I think these would be among the last 2 guys Lou would trade under any circumstances.
Agreed. Pretty much only Marty is ahead of them in that regard. Elias is a lifer, and Lou values that. Clarkson is insanely loyal to the organisation, and Lou values that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Elias wont waive his NTC. 2 years ago their were reports that he used his NTC to nix a deal to the Kings I believe it was.
That never happened, it was just speculation, most of it on here. Lou has never attempted to move Elias that we know about, and if he has, it hasn't leaked. Don't misinform people.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
That never happened, it was just speculation, most of it on here. Lou has never attempted to move Elias that we know about, and if he has, it hasn't leaked. Don't misinform people.
My bad, I remember something like that.

Old
08-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
a 1st and maybe a B-level prospect.. he's a good player but he isn't Elite talent.

You're team alone is a prime example... Kovalchuk was traded for a 1st, top 9 forward and a prospect... plus some extra equal parts going both ways (i.e Anssi & 2nd for Oduya & 2nd)

Marian Hossa was traded with Dupuis for Colby Armstrong, E.Christensen, Esposito and a 1st.

again.. around the same type of deal your are implying people would spend for a much older Elias who's past his prime and is definitely not in the same kind of Category as Kovalchuk's and Hossa's of the NHL.
Quote:
Where in any of my posts did i write past his prime? Regardless, he's still an aging veteran and a UFA at the deadline.... You won't get 3+ pieces for him.
Come on, please make this more difficult.

No, the Devils probably wouldn't get a huge return for him, but if that's the case, he wouldn't be moved. This is probably all moot anyway, because the Devils are likely to make the playoffs this season.

Old
08-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Come on, please make this more difficult.

No, the Devils probably wouldn't get a huge return for him, but if that's the case, he wouldn't be moved. This is probably all moot anyway, because the Devils are likely to make the playoffs this season.
Haha whoops guess it slipped in there... Well regardless if he's still contributing I think we can all agree that he's best years are obviously behind him... And all I'm arguing is the fact that the OP is adamant that Elias would fetch that return when it's obvious he wouldn't even though he is a good player and devils lifer

Old
08-17-2012, 05:58 PM
bellis25

Quote:
I'm glad all you did is go on NHL.com and looked up stats. first off... Alfredsson brings so much more to the team then just stats, he was also coming back from a serious back surgery. He's the longest serving captain in the NHL for reason and he's 3 years older then Elias. If you want to get all technical with me and throw stats out the ass here's Alfredsson when he was 35-36 like Elias

GP G A P
70 40 49 89
79 20 54 74
elias doesnt bring other things to NJ then just stats? And you made the arguement that alfredsson is worth more now than elias

bellis25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 07:32 PM
tsipka

Quote:

GP G A P
70 40 49 89
79 20 54 74
Wow i actually missed this earlier.

Why bring up his stats from the same age?
Its not like that means anything today.

You seriously neeed to take the homer glasses off bud

Old
08-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Quote:
Haha whoops guess it slipped in there... Well regardless if he's still contributing I think we can all agree that he's best years are obviously behind him... And all I'm arguing is the fact that the OP is adamant that Elias would fetch that return when it's obvious he wouldn't even though he is a good player and devils lifer
Elias wont fetch a huge return, and unless he does, he will stay a Devil

Old
08-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
You've been equally adamant that Alfredsson would fetch more in trade than Elias. He's a good player, but he's older, his best years are definitely behind him, and he is a Senators lifer. Same arguments apply, except that Elias has been more productive recently, which is why we think he'd have more value in trade than Alfredsson.

Again, none of this matters, because neither of these guys will be traded anyway, unless it's at their direct request.

Old
08-18-2012, 02:42 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

elias is our best forward defensively, one of our team's biggest leaders and a candidate for captain, and can still put up points even if last season was most likely his last great one. not to mention he's been with the devils his whole career and has already won the cup. elias leaving the devils is almost as ridiculous an idea as marty leaving the devils. i give it about a .1 % chance of happening.

also it would take either some serious injuries or simply a monumental collapse for the devils to be out of it by the deadline. parise is obviously a big loss and ponikarovsky is also gone, but otherwise they return a team that finished well over 100 points last year. i don't think they'll be as good, but they won't be so bad that they're sellers.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 03:18 AM
AimForTopCheddar
04 Bolts/Flames!

vCash: 1566
Elias' value is not a 1st, top. 9 forward and a top prospect. His value is around what Iglina would fetch which is a 1st and a mid level prospect. He's a good player and all but come on... He's 36 and you devil fans are acting like he's 25 years old and just out up 90pts..

AimForTopCheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 03:50 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:

using don waddell as an example for what to expect from trades in your argument is bad and you should feel bad.

the point isn't that elias is worth a 1st, roster player, and prospect. the point is that that is what we would want to trade him, an overpayment.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 08:16 AM
tsipka

Would this be a fair trade value wise?

To Nashville: Elias

To NJ: 1st rd pick, Halischuk, and one of their better forward prospects

Dont know much about their farm

I dont see how that isnt the minimum for Elias

Old
08-18-2012, 08:36 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

How is Elias not an elite talent? What's the definition for elite? top 9 in scoring? He put up 78 pts centring Sykora and Zubrus playing the toughest minutes on the team. Played through torn groin and all.

He's not worth a lot at the deadline because of his contract but at least make a plausible argument.

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote