HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Homeland: Season 2

Old
09-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Ambassador Of Fun

vCash: 50
Great to see the Emmy's acknowledge what I would say is the best 1st season of any show I've ever seen.

Ambassador Of Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 12:03 AM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambassador Of Fun View Post
Great to see the Emmy's acknowledge what I would say is the best 1st season of any show I've ever seen.
Completely agree, but then again, I think I remember feeling the same way about the first season of Rescue Me...... and we all now how that tailed off.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 09:45 AM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

So I turned on the TV sometime after 10 this morning and it happened to be on CBS. CBS this morning was interviewing Brody, from Homeland.

At one point he said, "He choose not to blow up everyone"...... now if I remember he did press the button but the bomb didn't go off. Was this just a bad way for him to phrase what he said, or did I miss something?

Old
09-29-2012, 09:56 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
So I turned on the TV sometime after 10 this morning and it happened to be on CBS. CBS this morning was interviewing Brody, from Homeland.

At one point he said, "He choose not to blow up everyone"...... now if I remember he did press the button but the bomb didn't go off. Was this just a bad way for him to phrase what he said, or did I miss something?
If I remember right...

He pushed the button. Nothing happened. So he definitely had decided to do it at first.

Then went to the bathroom, fixed the vest, went back in the room and changed his mind and decided not to.

So I guess you're both right ?

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 10:37 AM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
If I remember right...

He pushed the button. Nothing happened. So he definitely had decided to do it at first.

Then went to the bathroom, fixed the vest, went back in the room and changed his mind and decided not to.

So I guess you're both right ?
Interesting, I forgot about that second attempt, but when you said that it sounded familiar. That was in the last episode right?

Might just re-watch that tonight before season 2 starts.

Old
09-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Let's all be hipsters for a moment and agree that we liked Homeland before it was popular because that's exactly what's going to happen after the Emmy sweeps.

I was telling people that Homeland had a good chance of winning everything and a lot of people I know had never even heard of the show. Now it has a huge reputation to live up to.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 11:25 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
Interesting, I forgot about that second attempt, but when you said that it sounded familiar. That was in the last episode right?

Might just re-watch that tonight before season 2 starts.
I believe it is in the last episode. I believe a call from his daughter makes him not do it.

One thing I can't remember is where, when and how did Claire Danes character learn about Abu Nazir's son. It's the last big reveal of the season but I forget what leads to that point. Did she learn about the little boy before or after hearing Brody say the name in his sleep ?

I have just decided to re-watch from the episode where they turn the saudi diplomat. Hope I will get my answer in these last few eps.

Old
09-29-2012, 12:19 PM
Everlasting

vCash: 807
Seen 7ep from season 1 and i am not that impressed so far. But the maincharacter is hot

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
Let's all be hipsters for a moment and agree that we liked Homeland before it was popular because that's exactly what's going to happen after the Emmy sweeps.

I was telling people that Homeland had a good chance of winning everything and a lot of people I know had never even heard of the show. Now it has a huge reputation to live up to.
Who cares? The only important thing is that more people will have opened their eyes and understood what an utterly awesome TV series this is.

Franck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 12:44 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Quote:
I believe it is in the last episode. I believe a call from his daughter makes him not do it.

One thing I can't remember is where, when and how did Claire Danes character learn about Abu Nazir's son. It's the last big reveal of the season but I forget what leads to that point. Did she learn about the little boy before or after hearing Brody say the name in his sleep ?

I have just decided to re-watch from the episode where they turn the saudi diplomat. Hope I will get my answer in these last few eps.
Yea, she heard him say the kids name in his sleep when they were up in the cabin. Maybe she read it in a dossier or something and it never really clicked for her. Why would this POW know the name of the son of the leader of the guys holding him capitive?

My main question is what was up with having the black guy (Walker?) check out the roof of the house for a shot at Marine One but never using it? Was that a Plan B?

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 12:52 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
Yea, she heard him say the kids name in his sleep when they were up in the cabin. Maybe she read it in a dossier or something and it never really clicked for her. Why would this POW know the name of the son of the leader of the guys holding him capitive?

My main question is what was up with having the black guy (Walker?) check out the roof of the house for a shot at Marine One but never using it? Was that a Plan B?
Walker was there to scare everyone into the bunker, wasn't he?

Edit - Ah, nvm, I know what scene you were talking about. I don't remember why he was there, either.

09-29-2012, 01:08 PM
crane

Quote:

I think it was plan a, but the CIA was looking into the guy Raquim that owned the house with the blonde lady. They caught onto the cia's tail and decided to abort that plan and go on the run since the CIA knew them.... I think when they decided to run the CIA didnt know much but it was enough to scare Raquim into running.

From there, walker had to find a new spot. Maybe the whole attack changed because of that too, as now Brody would be there next time when he may have not been there when walker was going to shoot at the Marine 1 spot.

crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:

Someone's got to make a Homeland Hipster avatar that we can all support for the next month LOL.

Old
09-29-2012, 01:52 PM
Bruins4Lifer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Eh, whatever. There was a season 1 thread. Lots of us were there from the start.

Bruins4Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Kamal007
God Level

Quote:
Feelsgoodman

Kamal007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 02:29 PM
SB164

Quote:
Let's all be hipsters for a moment and agree that we liked Homeland before it was popular because that's exactly what's going to happen after the Emmy sweeps
Breaking Bad fanboys (including a few friends of mine) were absolutely livid when Damien Lewis and Homeland won for Best Actor and Best Drama series respectively. "What the hell is Homeland?" they shouted in angry disbelief.

Oh how they forget that BB was unknown to the public and way under the rader just a few years ago; "Bryan who?" "Who is this chump winning an Emmy over Dexter and House?"

I basically had to bribe my friends into watching Breaking Bad when it first came out. I even bought seasons 1 and 2 as birthday and Christmas presents.

Three years from now, there'll be another show stealing Homeland's thunder. And I can't wait.

Last edited by SB164: 09-29-2012 at 05:06 PM.
SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 04:32 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
I just watched it again and the answer is in the last episode. When she drew her timeline after going manic, she had a bunch of colors on the board. In the middle there's a big gap in yellow. They want to fill in that gap in Abu Nazir's life. They don't know what happened that set things in motion. So they don't actually know Abu Nazir's son died until the very end of season 1.

Saul finds out when he digs into what the VP and Carrie/Saul's boss are trying to hide (the air strike ordered by the VP). Once Saul finds out, he goes to see Carrie in the mental hospital and tells her the missing link was the death of Abu Nazir's son. He tells her he was the youngest son, 10 year old but he doesn't tell her the name of the kid yet she still links the kid with the name that Brody said in his sleep. A bit of a hole there unless she had previously read a file with the name of the kid as you suggested.

Old
09-29-2012, 04:46 PM
E = CH²

Quote:

Quote:
Someone's got to make a Homeland Hipster avatar that we can all support for the next month LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Lifer View Post
Eh, whatever. There was a season 1 thread. Lots of us were there from the start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal007 View Post
Feelsgoodman
Do people really care who watched the show before it won prizes ?

I find that a little pathetic.

Old
09-30-2012, 12:55 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Actually the season 1 thread on here prompted me to watch the show. I thought it was good, not sure it deserved all the Emmys over other shows out there.

Showtime has a solid line up tonight.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 02:14 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Actually the season 1 thread on here prompted me to watch the show. I thought it was good, not sure it deserved all the Emmys over other shows out there.

Showtime has a solid line up tonight.
I'm surprised they are putting both their "hit shows" back to back with each starting and ending at the same time. Most networks (AMC/HBO) would separate them and give them 24 weeks of "great shows" instead of just 12 weeks of "2 great shows".

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Quote:
Do people really care who watched the show before it won prizes ?

I find that a little pathetic.
I find the time it took you to quote all those people pathetic.

Let me guess though, you just heard about the show after watching the Emmys.

Your reaction is understandable, you're upset about having missed the show when it came out and you feel like you're not as cool as those who watched it last year. Don't worry, that feeling will pass eventually. Until then, bow down before us and our hipster attitude towards this show.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 04:27 PM
invictus

Quote:

Let me guess though, you just heard about the show after watching the Emmys.

Your reaction is understandable, you're upset about having missed the show when it came out and you feel like you're not as cool as those who watched it last year. Don't worry, that feeling will pass eventually. Until then, bow down before us and our hipster attitude towards this show.

I started watching the show about midway through last season, I believe. Got caught up and then went week-to-week. I don't think it is incredibly amazing or anything, but I enjoy it.

invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 05:11 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
All that time ?

Maybe for someone with limited brain capacity quoting 4 people is long but for the rest of us who know how to use the multi button it takes all of 1 sec per post.

Old
09-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
All that time ?

Maybe for someone with limited brain capacity quoting 4 people is long but for the rest of us who know how to use the multi button it takes all of 1 sec per post.
I just find it funny that you'd quote someones post that ends in LOL as a serious post.

For the record the first season was already aired before I started watching, but I didn't wait for the Emmy's to bandwagon jump, so I guess I'm just a semi-hipster LOL.

Notice the LOL, it's said tongue in cheek.

Old
10-01-2012, 12:43 AM
SB164

Homeland writers don't waste any time do they?

I mean, just picture the beginning of the episode: Carrie quietly tending to the garden, Brody coming back to a proud, loving wife excited for the future prospects of her husband and their family.

Now fast-forward to the near the end: Carrie walking away from her pursuer in Beirut, with that adrenaline-fueled smile that's worth a thousand words, while Jessica is left stunned in angry disbelief over her husband's new faith.

Our beloved characters are not permitted to glow in their warm, fuzzy feelings for too long, the wheels of dramatic tension waits for no man nor woman.

Oh and did I mention that David Marciano, who plays Virgil, has been promoted to a series regular this season? I know I'm not the only one who loves his scenes alongside Claire Danes.

Hell of a way to start the season.

Last edited by SB164: 10-01-2012 at 01:28 PM.
SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote