HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Homeland: Season 2

Old
10-09-2012, 06:55 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
I don't think they will confront Brody immediately. They'll try to use him to get to Abu Nazir through surveillance, manipulation or something. I don't think they would kill Saul off and confronting Brody would ruin their chances of getting to Nazir.
That's a good point actually. But trying to keep something that big quiet and executing some kind of operation involving Brody and Abu Nazir will be tough.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 07:02 AM
ProPAIN
Be realgud!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
That's a good point actually. But trying to keep something that big quiet and executing some kind of operation involving Brody and Abu Nazir will be tough.
They kept the surveillance on Brody in S1 relatively quiet (even though it wasn't legal). Saul will go to Estes and just say "Keep this to yourself, trust no one". They'll get Carrie back along with the surveillance expert and keep it "off the books". Something along those lines I guess.

The first thing they'll try to do is get Brody phone. If they do that and find "May 1" (Mayday) on his phone, sent to Abu Nazir's guard...he's pretty much ****ed.

I wonder if they'll try to turn Brody against Nazir somehow. It's the CIA, there is nothing they won't try.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 08:18 AM
RNH 93 rulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambassador Of Fun View Post
Great to see the Emmy's acknowledge what I would say is the best 1st season of any show I've ever seen.
this.

i measured my puls during the season finale, it was @ 146. I cant recall a time when a tv show had me so drawn in. the finale of the 4th season of dexter was good, still not a match to homeland!!!

my reaction when he hit the switch:

my reacting wehen it malfunctioned:

Last edited by RNH 93 rulz: 10-09-2012 at 08:26 AM.
RNH 93 rulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 08:27 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
They kept the surveillance on Brody in S1 relatively quiet (even though it wasn't legal). Saul will go to Estes and just say "Keep this to yourself, trust no one". They'll get Carrie back along with the surveillance expert and keep it "off the books". Something along those lines I guess.

The first thing they'll try to do is get Brody phone. If they do that and find "May 1" (Mayday) on his phone, sent to Abu Nazir's guard...he's pretty much ****ed.

I wonder if they'll try to turn Brody against Nazir somehow. It's the CIA, there is nothing they won't try.
I agree with you that that is probably the way the season is going to go.

I'm curious about what happens with the phone. To even reach that point though, they need to find out that Brody was in the room watching.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Flames CBA Guy
Y is Colborne in SO?

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
So, I mean..unless Saul dies, Brody's cover is blown. I don't think there is anyway that happens just yet. Still though, Saul must have a reason not to send the Brody clip right then and there over to the CIA HQ. For whatever reason, he must decide to keep the info to himself for awhile. I think Galvez is the mole, and will end up intercepting the information from Saul, and will then alert Brody. I got a mole vibe from Galvez in the first episode of this season, when he interrupted Este's meeting with Brody to tell Estes that the reporter was insisting to talk to him. The way he looked at Brody before shutting the door, and just the fact that he was so insistent that Estes go talk with her.

Then again, Galvez knew about the plan to kill Abu Nazir, so perhaps he isn't a mole since he would have alerted Nazir himself.
I've been suspicious of Galvez since last season. His importance on the show as a relatively low member of the agency (in comparison to the others, like Saul, Carrie and Estes) made me start questioning his motives. My suspicions were only raised even more so in the first episode of this season, when he came to get Estes for that meeting with the reporter, leaving Brody alone. Maybe that's me stretching it to fit my own theories, but eh. Who knows? Maybe we haven't seen the CIA mole on the show, yet.

Flames CBA Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Shea Weber

Great episode.

Just to be that guy....

if Abu Nazir is such a high value target that he has 12+ people guarding him, why would he exit the car in the middle of the street out in the open? Just sayin!

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Flames CBA Guy
Y is Colborne in SO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Weber View Post
Great episode.

Just to be that guy....

if Abu Nazir is such a high value target that he has 12+ people guarding him, why would he exit the car in the middle of the street out in the open? Just sayin!
They were in the middle of friendly (Hezbollah) territory in Beirut. Kinda like how Bin Laden was living in a mansion in Abbottabad in Pakistan. It would be a safe assumption to assume that there wouldn't be an attempt on his life there.

Old
10-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Blue'sClues
Miss you "Beetle"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Weber View Post
Great episode.

Just to be that guy....

Double? of course if it was a double they probably would have let him get killed.

Anyone remember which episode from season 1 we can watch the full version of what Saul found. I'm trying to remember everything that was on there. Can't remember how complete the information given was. (Yes trying to ask this without spoiling it for any who haven't watched yet)

Edit- It's in the last episode, once I called it "taped confession" it was easy to find.

Last edited by Blue'sClues: 10-09-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Blue'sClues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 04:33 PM
SB164

Quote:
The first thing they'll try to do is get Brody phone. If they do that and find "May 1" (Mayday) on his phone, sent to Abu Nazir's guard...he's pretty much ****ed..
May 1st was also the day Bin Laden was killed.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 04:56 PM
ProPAIN
Be realgud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
May 1st was also the day Bin Laden was killed.
Ah, completely forgot about that. I like my theory better

They never even mention Bin Laden in the show, so I thought he didn't even exist and Nazir was the equivalent of Bin Laden.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 05:45 PM
SB164

Quote:
Ah, completely forgot about that. I like my theory better

They never even mention Bin Laden in the show, so I thought he didn't even exist and Nazir was the equivalent of Bin Laden.
They've mentioned 9/11. And Abu Nazir is similar to Ayman al-Zawahiri.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
I think they need to take a Mad Men approach to their previews after the episodes, because it looks like we already know that Brody kills someone in the woods and Carrie believes she is going back to the CIA only to have Estes say "You think you work here?"

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 06:14 PM
invictus

Plus, everyone in here posting about the previews kinda ruins it for those of us that stop watching immediately when the episode is done, lol

invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Blue'sClues
Miss you "Beetle"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
I think they need to take a Mad Men approach to their previews after the episodes, because it looks like we already know that Brody kills someone in the woods and Carrie believes she is going back to the CIA only to have Estes say "You think you work here?"
I actually think this speaks volumes about the writing on this show. I mean, they are willing to give up story lines like that, imagine how confident they must be about the elements of the show they won't just give away.

Blue'sClues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 08:28 PM
CanadianHockey
On the Alfie Wagon

vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNH 93 rulz View Post
this.

i measured my puls during the season finale, it was @ 146. I cant recall a time when a tv show had me so drawn in. the finale of the 4th season of dexter was good, still not a match to homeland!!!
This show gets my heart racing, too. This past episode, right as Brody sent the text, got me pumping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
The alternative is to not watch the previews haha

10-09-2012, 10:39 PM
BlackStar

Guys, I am starting to think Saul could be the mole. It's just so crazy, it could be true.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 10:54 PM
Flames CBA Guy
Y is Colborne in SO?

I can't see it being Saul. I know a lot of people thought he was last season, especially with what happened last season in the episode "Blind Spot", but I think it would be too obvious for him to be the mole. Therefore... I think Galvez.

Old
10-09-2012, 11:00 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
Guys, I am starting to think Saul could be the mole. It's just so crazy, it could be true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Brostopolous View Post
I can't see it being Saul. I know a lot of people thought he was last season, especially with what happened last season in the episode "Blind Spot", but I think it would be too obvious for him to be the mole. Therefore... I think Galvez.
I've said before I think he is a mole. But it seems to soon for him, I think its a long play with his character. And its a reveal that ends the series.

I kinda hope he isn't, the one thing that annoys me about so many shows about the CIA etc...is that so many people end up being moles its like a cheap go to twist that I hope Homeland doesn't fall victim to.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Flames CBA Guy
Y is Colborne in SO?

They've already said that there is a mole last season, no? I think what would cheapen it would be if it was someone like Saul, though you raise a good point in that it could be long term, and something that we won't see until near the end of the series.

Old
10-10-2012, 12:14 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
I've said before I think he is a mole. But it seems to soon for him, I think its a long play with his character. And its a reveal that ends the series.

I kinda hope he isn't, the one thing that annoys me about so many shows about the CIA etc...is that so many people end up being moles its like a cheap go to twist that I hope Homeland doesn't fall victim to.
Yeah, considering how incredibly rare moles have been in real life, they are definitely used far too much in fiction.

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:15 AM
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis

Wouldnt make sense for it to be Saul as he was the one to give the go ahead to kill Nazir when Estes was trying to pull the plug. He would of been agreeing with his superiors but went ahead with it anyway

Ending was pretty big but they needed a legit way to have Carie come back to the CIA, I hope they dont have Brody get away with some lame excuse for why he made that video. Guess they're gonna get some surveillance on him to get leads on Nazir or mole(s)?

Mr Fahrenheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:51 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fahrenheit View Post
Wouldnt make sense for it to be Saul as he was the one to give the go ahead to kill Nazir when Estes was trying to pull the plug. He would of been agreeing with his superiors but went ahead with it anyway

Ending was pretty big but they needed a legit way to have Carie come back to the CIA, I hope they dont have Brody get away with some lame excuse for why he made that video. Guess they're gonna get some surveillance on him to get leads on Nazir or mole(s)?
Doesn't have to be a mole for a ME terrorist faction...if this is Brody's last season (my assumption/hope)...they could move in other directions and he could be a mole for them. Maybe in the end it turns out he is working for Israel or something and does something to drag the US into a conflict.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 02:27 AM
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Doesn't have to be a mole for a ME terrorist faction...if this is Brody's last season (my assumption/hope)...they could move in other directions and he could be a mole for them. Maybe in the end it turns out he is working for Israel or something and does something to drag the US into a conflict.
I meant the mole not a mole, was more of a response to him being Nazir's mole in the agency. Either way I think if he was a mole he would only want to be stationed at Langley where he can intercept the most information

Mr Fahrenheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
Yeah, considering how incredibly rare moles have been in real life, they are definitely used far too much in fiction.
i was thinking the same thing until this...

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/a...ionage-charges

But ya what are the chances of a cia agent being a mole?
especially now that everyone expecting it to happen...

Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
This show gets my heart racing, too. This past episode, right as Brody sent the text, got me pumping.
Just like in the good old days of 24.

It's like "Hurry the **** up and do it you idiot!!"

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote