HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Homeland: Season 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-09-2012, 06:55 AM
  #101
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,493
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
I don't think they will confront Brody immediately. They'll try to use him to get to Abu Nazir through surveillance, manipulation or something. I don't think they would kill Saul off and confronting Brody would ruin their chances of getting to Nazir.
That's a good point actually. But trying to keep something that big quiet and executing some kind of operation involving Brody and Abu Nazir will be tough.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 07:02 AM
  #102
ProPAIN
Be realgud!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 10,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
That's a good point actually. But trying to keep something that big quiet and executing some kind of operation involving Brody and Abu Nazir will be tough.
They kept the surveillance on Brody in S1 relatively quiet (even though it wasn't legal). Saul will go to Estes and just say "Keep this to yourself, trust no one". They'll get Carrie back along with the surveillance expert and keep it "off the books". Something along those lines I guess.

The first thing they'll try to do is get Brody phone. If they do that and find "May 1" (Mayday) on his phone, sent to Abu Nazir's guard...he's pretty much ****ed.

I wonder if they'll try to turn Brody against Nazir somehow. It's the CIA, there is nothing they won't try.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 08:18 AM
  #103
RNH 93 rulz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambassador Of Fun View Post
Great to see the Emmy's acknowledge what I would say is the best 1st season of any show I've ever seen.
this.

i measured my puls during the season finale, it was @ 146. I cant recall a time when a tv show had me so drawn in. the finale of the 4th season of dexter was good, still not a match to homeland!!!

my reaction when he hit the switch:



my reacting wehen it malfunctioned:


Last edited by RNH 93 rulz: 10-09-2012 at 08:26 AM.
RNH 93 rulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 08:27 AM
  #104
FootKnight
This ****ing team
 
FootKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
They kept the surveillance on Brody in S1 relatively quiet (even though it wasn't legal). Saul will go to Estes and just say "Keep this to yourself, trust no one". They'll get Carrie back along with the surveillance expert and keep it "off the books". Something along those lines I guess.

The first thing they'll try to do is get Brody phone. If they do that and find "May 1" (Mayday) on his phone, sent to Abu Nazir's guard...he's pretty much ****ed.

I wonder if they'll try to turn Brody against Nazir somehow. It's the CIA, there is nothing they won't try.
I agree with you that that is probably the way the season is going to go.

I'm curious about what happens with the phone. To even reach that point though, they need to find out that Brody was in the room watching.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 10:27 AM
  #105
Flames CBA Guy
Y is Colborne in SO?
 
Flames CBA Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
So, I mean..unless Saul dies, Brody's cover is blown. I don't think there is anyway that happens just yet. Still though, Saul must have a reason not to send the Brody clip right then and there over to the CIA HQ. For whatever reason, he must decide to keep the info to himself for awhile. I think Galvez is the mole, and will end up intercepting the information from Saul, and will then alert Brody. I got a mole vibe from Galvez in the first episode of this season, when he interrupted Este's meeting with Brody to tell Estes that the reporter was insisting to talk to him. The way he looked at Brody before shutting the door, and just the fact that he was so insistent that Estes go talk with her.

Then again, Galvez knew about the plan to kill Abu Nazir, so perhaps he isn't a mole since he would have alerted Nazir himself.
I've been suspicious of Galvez since last season. His importance on the show as a relatively low member of the agency (in comparison to the others, like Saul, Carrie and Estes) made me start questioning his motives. My suspicions were only raised even more so in the first episode of this season, when he came to get Estes for that meeting with the reporter, leaving Brody alone. Maybe that's me stretching it to fit my own theories, but eh. Who knows? Maybe we haven't seen the CIA mole on the show, yet.

Flames CBA Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 01:37 PM
  #106
Shea Weber
Registered User
 
Shea Weber's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 602
vCash: 500
Great episode.

Just to be that guy....

if Abu Nazir is such a high value target that he has 12+ people guarding him, why would he exit the car in the middle of the street out in the open? Just sayin!

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 01:49 PM
  #107
Flames CBA Guy
Y is Colborne in SO?
 
Flames CBA Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Weber View Post
Great episode.

Just to be that guy....

if Abu Nazir is such a high value target that he has 12+ people guarding him, why would he exit the car in the middle of the street out in the open? Just sayin!
They were in the middle of friendly (Hezbollah) territory in Beirut. Kinda like how Bin Laden was living in a mansion in Abbottabad in Pakistan. It would be a safe assumption to assume that there wouldn't be an attempt on his life there.

Flames CBA Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 04:32 PM
  #108
Blue'sClues
Miss you "Beetle"
 
Blue'sClues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Joe's parents house
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Weber View Post
Great episode.

Just to be that guy....

if Abu Nazir is such a high value target that he has 12+ people guarding him, why would he exit the car in the middle of the street out in the open? Just sayin!
Double? of course if it was a double they probably would have let him get killed.

Anyone remember which episode from season 1 we can watch the full version of what Saul found. I'm trying to remember everything that was on there. Can't remember how complete the information given was. (Yes trying to ask this without spoiling it for any who haven't watched yet)

Edit- It's in the last episode, once I called it "taped confession" it was easy to find.


Last edited by Blue'sClues: 10-09-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Blue'sClues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 04:33 PM
  #109
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
The first thing they'll try to do is get Brody phone. If they do that and find "May 1" (Mayday) on his phone, sent to Abu Nazir's guard...he's pretty much ****ed..
May 1st was also the day Bin Laden was killed.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 04:56 PM
  #110
ProPAIN
Be realgud!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 10,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
May 1st was also the day Bin Laden was killed.
Ah, completely forgot about that. I like my theory better

They never even mention Bin Laden in the show, so I thought he didn't even exist and Nazir was the equivalent of Bin Laden.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 05:45 PM
  #111
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Ah, completely forgot about that. I like my theory better

They never even mention Bin Laden in the show, so I thought he didn't even exist and Nazir was the equivalent of Bin Laden.
They've mentioned 9/11. And Abu Nazir is similar to Ayman al-Zawahiri.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 06:09 PM
  #112
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?
 
Jovavic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ClosedDoorMeeting
Country: Qatar
Posts: 10,686
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
I think they need to take a Mad Men approach to their previews after the episodes, because it looks like we already know that Brody kills someone in the woods and Carrie believes she is going back to the CIA only to have Estes say "You think you work here?"

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 06:14 PM
  #113
invictus
Registered User
 
invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,665
vCash: 500
Plus, everyone in here posting about the previews kinda ruins it for those of us that stop watching immediately when the episode is done, lol

invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 06:41 PM
  #114
Blue'sClues
Miss you "Beetle"
 
Blue'sClues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Joe's parents house
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
I think they need to take a Mad Men approach to their previews after the episodes, because it looks like we already know that Brody kills someone in the woods and Carrie believes she is going back to the CIA only to have Estes say "You think you work here?"
I actually think this speaks volumes about the writing on this show. I mean, they are willing to give up story lines like that, imagine how confident they must be about the elements of the show they won't just give away.

Blue'sClues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 08:28 PM
  #115
CanadianHockey
On the Alfie Wagon
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: uOttawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,309
vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNH 93 rulz View Post
this.

i measured my puls during the season finale, it was @ 146. I cant recall a time when a tv show had me so drawn in. the finale of the 4th season of dexter was good, still not a match to homeland!!!
This show gets my heart racing, too. This past episode, right as Brody sent the text, got me pumping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
I think they need to take a Mad Men approach to their previews after the episodes, because it looks like we already know that Brody kills someone in the woods and Carrie believes she is going back to the CIA only to have Estes say "You think you work here?"
The alternative is to not watch the previews haha

__________________
CanadianHockey________ __ __________Sens, Oilers, and Team Canada
CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 10:39 PM
  #116
BlackStar
Registered User
 
BlackStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,248
vCash: 500
Guys, I am starting to think Saul could be the mole. It's just so crazy, it could be true.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 10:54 PM
  #117
Flames CBA Guy
Y is Colborne in SO?
 
Flames CBA Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 100
I can't see it being Saul. I know a lot of people thought he was last season, especially with what happened last season in the episode "Blind Spot", but I think it would be too obvious for him to be the mole. Therefore... I think Galvez.

Flames CBA Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 11:00 PM
  #118
KingLB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
Guys, I am starting to think Saul could be the mole. It's just so crazy, it could be true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Brostopolous View Post
I can't see it being Saul. I know a lot of people thought he was last season, especially with what happened last season in the episode "Blind Spot", but I think it would be too obvious for him to be the mole. Therefore... I think Galvez.
I've said before I think he is a mole. But it seems to soon for him, I think its a long play with his character. And its a reveal that ends the series.

I kinda hope he isn't, the one thing that annoys me about so many shows about the CIA etc...is that so many people end up being moles its like a cheap go to twist that I hope Homeland doesn't fall victim to.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 11:46 PM
  #119
Flames CBA Guy
Y is Colborne in SO?
 
Flames CBA Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 100
They've already said that there is a mole last season, no? I think what would cheapen it would be if it was someone like Saul, though you raise a good point in that it could be long term, and something that we won't see until near the end of the series.

Flames CBA Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:14 AM
  #120
Franck
Insolent Upstart
 
Franck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 7,478
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
I've said before I think he is a mole. But it seems to soon for him, I think its a long play with his character. And its a reveal that ends the series.

I kinda hope he isn't, the one thing that annoys me about so many shows about the CIA etc...is that so many people end up being moles its like a cheap go to twist that I hope Homeland doesn't fall victim to.
Yeah, considering how incredibly rare moles have been in real life, they are definitely used far too much in fiction.

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:15 AM
  #121
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis
 
Mr Fahrenheit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,853
vCash: 500
Wouldnt make sense for it to be Saul as he was the one to give the go ahead to kill Nazir when Estes was trying to pull the plug. He would of been agreeing with his superiors but went ahead with it anyway

Ending was pretty big but they needed a legit way to have Carie come back to the CIA, I hope they dont have Brody get away with some lame excuse for why he made that video. Guess they're gonna get some surveillance on him to get leads on Nazir or mole(s)?

Mr Fahrenheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:51 AM
  #122
KingLB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fahrenheit View Post
Wouldnt make sense for it to be Saul as he was the one to give the go ahead to kill Nazir when Estes was trying to pull the plug. He would of been agreeing with his superiors but went ahead with it anyway

Ending was pretty big but they needed a legit way to have Carie come back to the CIA, I hope they dont have Brody get away with some lame excuse for why he made that video. Guess they're gonna get some surveillance on him to get leads on Nazir or mole(s)?
Doesn't have to be a mole for a ME terrorist faction...if this is Brody's last season (my assumption/hope)...they could move in other directions and he could be a mole for them. Maybe in the end it turns out he is working for Israel or something and does something to drag the US into a conflict.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 02:27 AM
  #123
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis
 
Mr Fahrenheit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Doesn't have to be a mole for a ME terrorist faction...if this is Brody's last season (my assumption/hope)...they could move in other directions and he could be a mole for them. Maybe in the end it turns out he is working for Israel or something and does something to drag the US into a conflict.
I meant the mole not a mole, was more of a response to him being Nazir's mole in the agency. Either way I think if he was a mole he would only want to be stationed at Langley where he can intercept the most information

Mr Fahrenheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 10:00 AM
  #124
Plan
Registered User
 
Plan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Tdot
Country: Israel
Posts: 316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
Yeah, considering how incredibly rare moles have been in real life, they are definitely used far too much in fiction.
i was thinking the same thing until this...

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/a...ionage-charges


But ya what are the chances of a cia agent being a mole?
especially now that everyone expecting it to happen...

Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:02 PM
  #125
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User
 
Doctor Drej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Quiet Room
Country: United States
Posts: 10,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
This show gets my heart racing, too. This past episode, right as Brody sent the text, got me pumping.
Just like in the good old days of 24.

It's like "Hurry the **** up and do it you idiot!!"

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.