HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings #16 Prospect

View Poll Results: Who is the Kings #16 prospect?
Jordan Weal 4 11.76%
Tomas Hyka 1 2.94%
Maxim Kitsyn 8 23.53%
Christopher Gibson 11 32.35%
Michael Mersch 3 8.82%
Paul Ladue 0 0%
Andrew Campbell 5 14.71%
Nick Ebert 0 0%
Joel Lowry 0 0%
Michael Schumacher 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-16-2012, 11:41 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Kings #16 Prospect

Here are the results thus far:

#1: Tyler Toffoli (75.61%) Runner-up: Andrei Loktionov (15.85%)
#2: Andrei Loktionov (42.59%) Runner-up: Tanner Pearson (27.78%)
#3: Derek Forbort (37.93%) Runner-up: Tanner Pearson (32.76%)
#4: Tanner Pearson (55.32%) Runner-up: Thomas Hickey (14.89%)
#5: Thomas Hickey (39.53%) Runner-up: Linden Vey (20.93%)
#6: Linden Vey (32.00%) Runner- up: Jordan Nolan (16.00%)
#7: Jordan Nolan (29.73%) Runner-up: Jake Muzzin: (18.92%)
#8: Jake Muzzin (31.11%) Runner-up: Nicolas Deslauriers (28.89%)
#9: Nicolas Deslauriers (44.19%) Runner-up: Martin Jones (34.88%)
#10: Martin Jones (56.41%) Runner-up: Andy Andreoff (10.26%)
#11: Nikolay Prokhorkin (25.00%) Runner-up: Andy Andreoff (22.22%)
#12: Andy Andreoff (37.50%) Runner-up: Nick Shore (20.83%)
#13: Brandon Kozun (28.57%) Runner-up: Nick Shore (28.57%) *
#14: Nick Shore (31.25%) Runner-up: Maxim Kitsyn (18.75%)
#15: Kevin Gravel (20.59%) Runner-up: Christopher Gibson (20.59%) **

* = Brandon Kozun won a tie-breaker vote with Nick Shore (51.43% for Kozun, 48.57% for Shore).
** = Kevin Gravel won a tie-breaker vote with Christopher Gibson (63.64% for Gravel, 36.36% for Gibson).

Remember to reply to this thread with who you want added for the next round. Ineligible (based on discussion in previous polls) are Dwight King, Jonathan Bernier and Oscar Mollar.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 12:22 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Weal & Kitsyn have both been overlooked and are being underrated IMO.

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 12:27 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Oh c'mon. Chris Gibson is being stupidly underrated here. Guy has skill, raw upside. High risk prospect, but he has high upside.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 12:27 AM
Basilisk

Kitsyn, and it ain't even close......

Basilisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 01:12 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Oh c'mon. Chris Gibson is being stupidly underrated here. Guy has skill, raw upside. High risk prospect, but he has high upside.
This. Don't know how Gibson is still on the board...

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 03:56 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Mersch, add Colin Miller

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 04:05 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Average size, technically unsound goalie.

How likely do you think it is that he'll reach this high upside you seem to think he has?

Gibson's not in my top 20 list. And no, I'm not declaring him a bust; I'm just not high on him. He could very well turn it around, but I've yet to see or read anything that has changed my mind about him.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 08:42 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Average size, technically unsound goalie.

How likely do you think it is that he'll reach this high upside you seem to think he has?

Gibson's not in my top 20 list. And no, I'm not declaring him a bust; I'm just not high on him. He could very well turn it around, but I've yet to see or read anything that has changed my mind about him.
That's the thing with Gibson, he could be the next Quick, or he could be the next Linden Rowat... He's just very much a blackhole of upside and not much else right now and the Kings have far too many prospects that may not have his upside but that are further in their development.

That said, I voted Campbell. Add Colin Miller. Gravel making this list before Campbell makes my ears bleed... Everything that Gravel has the potential to be someday, Campbell currently is and Soupy may be ready for the NHL, with the one exception being Gravel maybe having an edge in skating.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 11:37 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I can't wait for Kitsyn to bring his game here for everyone to get a real good look at. His status will climb up our poll standings by about ten places once he does. I guess it is a case of out of sight out of mind for the time being.

It's going to feel good being right about another prospect and Kitsyn is one of our top 3 game breaking prospects. His size hitting hands and puck skills will be a fan favorite in good time.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 12:11 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I can't wait for Kitsyn to bring his game here for everyone to get a real good look at. His status will climb up our poll standings by about ten places once he does. I guess it is a case of out of sight out of mind for the time being.

It's going to feel good being right about another prospect and Kitsyn is one of our top 3 game breaking prospects. His size hitting hands and puck skills will be a fan favorite in good time.
I'm big on Kitsyn too (though I like Gibson more) I just don't think he'll be as high a syou seem to imply TG. I veiw him more along the lines of a Sergei Nemchinov (to use a Russian comparision minus the penalty killing skills, which could come) or maybe a Michal Handzus (faster though, and not as big). Kitsyn seems like a 15 goal, 35-50 point guy who'll play a two-way game and fight through traffic and get dirty in the corners. I think he should be higher on this list as well, but so should Gibson. I think Kitsyn, asumming he doesn't get wrecked in Russia, will be a nice piece for the puzzle down the road though.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 03:21 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I'm big on Kitsyn too (though I like Gibson more) I just don't think he'll be as high a syou seem to imply TG. I veiw him more along the lines of a Sergei Nemchinov (to use a Russian comparision minus the penalty killing skills, which could come) or maybe a Michal Handzus (faster though, and not as big). Kitsyn seems like a 15 goal, 35-50 point guy who'll play a two-way game and fight through traffic and get dirty in the corners. I think he should be higher on this list as well, but so should Gibson. I think Kitsyn, asumming he doesn't get wrecked in Russia, will be a nice piece for the puzzle down the road though.
Fair enough. If I had to say what I see MK producing during his prime in the NHL it would be a 20/20 ish solid 2nd line LW who can be a pker as well. Gibson is an excellent prospect and is oddly down on the list to me too. He has a hitch in his development and that is a confidence issue. Sometimes he is a world beater at his level and other times he is average.

If or when he develops his consistency/confidence to match his skill level he will be something to see.

We aren't that far off on MK. I watched him a bunch when he was in NA and have watched his dedicated film from this past season and he is coming along nicely. His game is so NA that he looks like completely out of place on big ice EU style of play.

He has picked up his hit and run technique and that is a big thing because he used to finish his checks and then sort of gloat over his victim for a second taking him out of the play. That used to be fine in the old NHL but not anymore.

I know I am preaching to the choir with you but I do get excited about our prospects.

Of the players on the poll a couple of the kids ranked above these last few are 50/50 guys to make it to the NHL imo but there isn't any denying their skill levels being worthy of top 20 mention.

We are still so very loaded in every area but sniper that it is dizzying when you consider how truly awful we were for so many years.

It is an excellent time to be a fan of the Champs!

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote