HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL 13 player stats

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-18-2012, 07:08 PM
  #26
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,148
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reims View Post
I wonder is Bissonnette requested his rating...

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 07:58 PM
  #27
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,754
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Different stats are worth more than others thus the reason the grades are skewed. Overall means nothing.
It's true. Depends on play style as well. I typically do well with guys who have juiced out athletic stats and don't need much more than some good hand-eye and puck control.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 08:15 PM
  #28
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,126
vCash: 50
One word:

Epicfail.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 08:48 PM
  #29
EpicGingy
Registered User
 
EpicGingy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 50
Before we freak out we should remember they've changed how they calculate overalls, but lol, they did **** up a bit.

So Vokoun is rated 87 and Pavelec 82? I'd take Vokoun any day of the week, so I guess they got that one right

EpicGingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 10:49 PM
  #30
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady
 
Congo Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Candy Apple Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,647
vCash: 500
DiPietro is an 81? They must've seen some damn good talent in those 8 games he played this year.

Congo Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 02:04 AM
  #31
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO
 
Reed Solomon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Man.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,060
vCash: 500
At least someone still believes in Eric Fehr.

Reed Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 02:50 AM
  #32
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*
 
GermanJetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Darmstadt, GER
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,967
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars65 View Post
I don't see the big deal here. I've played EA's series of sports games since the days of the Apple II and they have never gotten the ratings 100% accurate. Never will either. It's far too subjective. This board teaches you that there is practically no real consensus on players abilities overall, never mind on a farcical numeric rating thereof. So maybe we should cut them some slack.
Nailed it.

Especially if you can change everything in the editor. The first thing I'll do before I start my GM Mode with the Jets is editing some messed up players. I'll do:

Buff to 84 (-3)
Enström to 84 (+3)
Wellwood to 81 (+2)
Burmistrov to 80 (+3)
Hainsey down to 81 (-2)
Pavelec up to 84 (+2)
Miettinen down to 77 (-2)
Slater up to 78 (+5)
Wheeler up to 85 (+2)
Little up to 83 (+1)
Stuart down to 80 (-1)
Jokinen up to 83 (+1)
Ponikarovsky down to 80 (-1)

I'm fine with the other half of the team.

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 09:43 AM
  #33
EpicGingy
Registered User
 
EpicGingy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
Nailed it.

Especially if you can change everything in the editor. The first thing I'll do before I start my GM Mode with the Jets is editing some messed up players. I'll do:

Buff to 84 (-3)
Enström to 84 (+3)
Wellwood to 81 (+2)
Burmistrov to 80 (+3)
Hainsey down to 81 (-2)
Pavelec up to 84 (+2)
Miettinen down to 77 (-2)
Slater up to 78 (+5)
Wheeler up to 85 (+2)
Little up to 83 (+1)
Stuart down to 80 (-1)
Jokinen up to 83 (+1)
Ponikarovsky down to 80 (-1)

I'm fine with the other half of the team.
That looks like a very good list, I think I might use those when I alter the ratings.

Oh, and I'm also gonna take Fehr off the Jets like he should

EpicGingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 08:35 AM
  #34
Jet Bomber
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Jet Bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 771
vCash: 500
Those are some ridiculous ratings.

Jet Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 08:59 AM
  #35
TrentSteele
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
B. Suter on Pittsburgh...hmmm, well one less Sutter to worry about.

TrentSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 10:30 AM
  #36
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes
 
Turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,257
vCash: 50
Isn't the overall rating is an average of all the stat categories? We probably don't put the same weight in each category, but the game's 'overall' score probably does.

The categories:

slap shot accuracy
slap shot power
wrist shot accuracy
wrist shot power
deking
hand-eye
passing
puck-control
discipline
offensive awareness
poise
acceleration
agility
balance
endurance
speed
aggressiveness
body-checking
fighting skill
strength
defensive awareness
faceoffs
shot blocking
stick-checking

So granted, Toby's defensive awareness and poise might be great. But his strength, aggressiveness, body-checking, slap shot power, deking etc...those stats are probably going to suck. You gotta look at the individual category ratings, I think.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 10:35 AM
  #37
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!
 
broinwhyteridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,210
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH View Post
DiPietro is an 81? They must've seen some damn good talent in those 8 games he played this year.
His "Propensity for Injury" stat is 682. That skews the end result.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 10:37 AM
  #38
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes
 
Turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,257
vCash: 50
Also we have 7 forwards ranked at 80+, which is good depth. No one at 90+, but what can you do. It won't 'totally suck' to play the Jets (if you have line changes on).

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 10:50 AM
  #39
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes
 
Turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,257
vCash: 50
Nice little clip demonstrating the differences between the skating engines used in NHL12 and NHL13.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4b5jmabViA

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 11:48 AM
  #40
PaperRockChamp
Registered User
 
PaperRockChamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wpg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,242
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Also we have 7 forwards ranked at 80+, which is good depth. No one at 90+, but what can you do. It won't 'totally suck' to play the Jets (if you have line changes on).
Every.single.online. game I played in NHL12 I used the Jets. They are awesome (Zach and Byfug are monsters patrolling the blue-line). The NHl12 Jets are gritty and great for cycling/puck control, but not so much individual dangling. How can you even consider selecting another team?!?

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 12:47 PM
  #41
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 4,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Isn't the overall rating is an average of all the stat categories? We probably don't put the same weight in each category, but the game's 'overall' score probably does.

The categories:

slap shot accuracy
slap shot power
wrist shot accuracy
wrist shot power
deking
hand-eye
passing
puck-control
discipline
offensive awareness
poise
acceleration
agility
balance
endurance
speed
aggressiveness
body-checking
fighting skill
strength
defensive awareness
faceoffs
shot blocking
stick-checking

So granted, Toby's defensive awareness and poise might be great. But his strength, aggressiveness, body-checking, slap shot power, deking etc...those stats are probably going to suck. You gotta look at the individual category ratings, I think.

Actually, not sure about this game, but the last rendition of the game which tried classifying by "player type" DID weigh each stat differently.

I would guess that certain stats will be weighed more heavily for forwards then defenders, but all the weight will no longer change by player type.

I tried loading some images i found of a couple individual players stats to test that theory but i haven't been able to find them... i know their out there on the internets some where ..

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:14 PM
  #42
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes
 
Turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,257
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
Actually, not sure about this game, but the last rendition of the game which tried classifying by "player type" DID weigh each stat differently.

I would guess that certain stats will be weighed more heavily for forwards then defenders, but all the weight will no longer change by player type.

I tried loading some images i found of a couple individual players stats to test that theory but i haven't been able to find them... i know their out there on the internets some where ..
Yeah I believe you're right. According to Wiki:

Quote:
Improved rating system: In NHL 12, each player's overall rating is based on that player's role in the team (playmaker, enforcer, defensive defenceman etc). In NHL 13, however, the player's overall rating is based on that player's skill in their position (i.e. forward, defenceman, or goaltender). For example, in NHL 12, George Parros (at that time playing for the Anaheim Ducks) was rated 81 overall (out of 99) based on his role as an enforcer. In NHL 13, Parros' overall rating has been lowered down to 69 as determined by his skill as a forward. EA Sports stated that this was "a fan-requested change". Based on their attribute values, the players are now also given 5-star ratings for these six categories: shooting, puck skills, senses, skating, physical, and defense. Further, the teams' overall ratings for offense, defense and goaltending are now also five-star based ratings instead of out-of-100 ones.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:55 PM
  #43
s1g
Registered User
 
s1g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 330
vCash: 500
I'm watching EA livestream the demo right now. Unfortunately, they haven't used the Jets yet. However, they did show the trailer for NHL Moments mode. For the Jets, you have to try and come back from the 5-1 defecit against the Canadiens, with 7:28 left in the 3rd period. Should be pretty fun to try and "re-write" history.

http://www.examiner.com/article/nhl-...ents-announced

s1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 03:03 PM
  #44
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,347
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicGingy View Post
Before we freak out we should remember they've changed how they calculate overalls, but lol, they did **** up a bit.

So Vokoun is rated 87 and Pavelec 82? I'd take Vokoun any day of the week, so I guess they got that one right
I really would take Vokoun any day of the week.

Is this seriously up for debate?

Vokoun has been one of the best goalies in the league for about years. Pav is an inconsistent work in progress.

Over the last 10 years Vokoun has posted save percentages of:

0.918
0.919
0.920
0.919
0.926
0.925
0.922
0.916

All are superior to Pav's career high of 0,914.

Vokoun's career average save % is 0.917 .

Pav's career best save % is 2.73, Vokoun hasn't posted a number that bad since 1999-00

Obviously Vokoun is getting up there and he will probably slow, but he IS better than Pav.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 03:18 PM
  #45
gibber1600
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Great white north
Country: Canada
Posts: 557
vCash: 500
Do these computer geeks that make this game even watch hockey. I have seem them on TV, I highly doubt it.

gibber1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 04:15 PM
  #46
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,518
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibber1600 View Post
Do these computer geeks that make this game even watch hockey. I have seem them on TV, I highly doubt it.
I hope you realize the irony in your own statement on this internet message board...

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 04:51 PM
  #47
s1g
Registered User
 
s1g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibber1600 View Post
Do these computer geeks that make this game even watch hockey. I have seem them on TV, I highly doubt it.
My buddy used to work for EA Sports, and rest assured - everyone on the NHL games, from the guys who design the AI, to the guys who draw the graphics, all the way to the marketing guys, are all very passionate about hockey. Their head office is in Vancouver, BC.

As a matter of fact, one of the main reasons why the NHL series is so great is because of how passionate the development team is about the game. They know hockey pretty well, which is why it's one of the better sports games out there.

Conversely, one of the main reasons why the NBA Live series failed is because EA had one of their main NHL guys switch over and try to lead the NBA Live/Elite development team. He knew squat about hoops (he essentially tried to alter the game engine so that the controls would mimick the NHL series. Bad idea. Works for hockey, but that control scheme sucked for basketball), which is why that game failed, causing EA to have to move development of the game from Vancouver, BC, to another one of their development studios in Florida.

s1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 06:41 PM
  #48
Jets
Resident Sieve
 
Jets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,314
vCash: 50
As a former top EASHL player (and many hours of Be A GM) I'd say something like:

Defense
Enstrom (87)
Byfuglien (84)
Bogosian (84)
Hainsey (80)
Stuart (80)
Clitsome (76)
---------
Postma (76)


Forwards
Wheeler (85)
Kane (84)
Ladd (83)
Jokinen (82)
Little (82)
Burmistrov (80)
Wellwood (79)
Ponikarovsky (79)
Antropov (79)
Slater (78)
Thorburn (77)
Miettinen (76)
-------
Scheifele (77)
Cormier (76)


Goalies
Pavelec (85)
Montoya (78)
------
Pasquale (76)
Dekanich (76)

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 07:28 PM
  #49
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,518
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
As a former top EASHL player (and many hours of Be A GM) I'd say something like:

Defense
Enstrom (87)
Byfuglien (84)
Bogosian (84)
Hainsey (80)
Stuart (80)
Clitsome (76)
---------
Postma (76)


Forwards
Wheeler (85)
Kane (84)
Ladd (83)
Jokinen (82)
Little (82)
Burmistrov (80)
Wellwood (79)
Ponikarovsky (79)
Antropov (79)
Slater (78)
Thorburn (77)
Miettinen (76)
-------
Scheifele (77)
Cormier (76)


Goalies
Pavelec (85)
Montoya (78)
------
Pasquale (76)
Dekanich (76)
Although we're really dealing with arbitrary numbers:
Hainsey>Stuart... Stuart will block and hit more but you can't say that even's out the talent difference
Clitsome>Postma... Clitsome is a proven NHL offensive defenseman... he has solid numbers the last few years while Postma may end up better that's purely speculation as Postma hasn't produced in NHL regular season yet

Other than that, and Poni/Antro/Wellwood being worse forwards than Stuart D, seams pretty realistic and reasonable... even with my rose-coloured glasses on haha

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 08:41 PM
  #50
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,126
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I really would take Vokoun any day of the week.

Is this seriously up for debate?

Vokoun has been one of the best goalies in the league for about years. Pav is an inconsistent work in progress.

Over the last 10 years Vokoun has posted save percentages of:

0.918
0.919
0.920
0.919
0.926
0.925
0.922
0.916

All are superior to Pav's career high of 0,914.

Vokoun's career average save % is 0.917 .

Pav's career best save % is 2.73, Vokoun hasn't posted a number that bad since 1999-00

Obviously Vokoun is getting up there and he will probably slow, but he IS better than Pav.
Get out.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.