HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hudon comparable to Gallagher?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-13-2012, 07:17 PM
  #1
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,419
vCash: 250
Hudon comparable to Gallagher?

I haven't seen hudon play much but he looks a lot like Gallagher to me feisty pretty little later round draft pick and has impressed playing for his country what do you think?

PricerStopDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 07:28 PM
  #2
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,063
vCash: 500
Hudon has better hands, Gallagher works a bit rougher.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 07:29 PM
  #3
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,365
vCash: 500
Gallagher is a lot faster as well.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 07:32 PM
  #4
HABS2DCUP
Registered User
 
HABS2DCUP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
I haven't seen hudon play much but he looks a lot like Gallagher to me feisty pretty little later round draft pick and has impressed playing for his country what do you think?
The only way those two are comparable are that they were drafted in the same round; otherwise its like comparing apples to oranges really.
In short, what will greatly help Hudon to make the NHL is his great hockey sense . Whereas Gallagher's strength is agility and speed ( Which Hudon doesn't have) and his scoring touch. IMO Gallagher has the bigger potential of busting but if he pans out he should be a very important player.

HABS2DCUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 08:18 PM
  #5
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,156
vCash: 500
More like Desharnais.

Strenght : Hockey, IQ, Never quit, Quite agile.
Weakness: Size, Speed, Shot..

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 08:37 PM
  #6
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,292
vCash: 500
Nothing alike. Gallagher is all hustle, take one for the team. Hudon is all finesse, pretty plays.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 08:46 PM
  #7
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Boris Le Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: More Toast !
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,389
vCash: 500
Hudon is good on the half boards on the PP... FWIW

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 09:30 PM
  #8
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
More like Desharnais.

Strenght : Hockey, IQ, Never quit, Quite agile.
Weakness: Size, Speed, Shot..
It's a fair comparison, but Hudon is bigger and, dare I say, I think his hands are better. Desharnais thinks the game better, but Hudon has the quicker mitts. Though, I don't know how good Desharnais was at the same age.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 09:37 PM
  #9
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
More like Desharnais.

Strenght : Hockey, IQ, Never quit, Quite agile.
Weakness: Size, Speed, Shot..
Hudon has a pretty good shot...

I don't know, they aren't really alike as far as their support skills are concerned. Gallagher's support skills are more akin to a grinder, while Hudon's support are more akin to a finesse 2-way player.

I have better hopes for Gallagher than for Hudon. This said... Hudon was compared to Archambeault by some here, and THAT was way off. If anything, Hudon is a bit similar to JG Pageau (albeit a bit younger -- biggest difference is probably skating, and Hudon has an advantage as far as shot is concerned).

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:51 PM
  #10
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,404
vCash: 500
Hudon sort of plays like Cammalleri. Not the fastest. Not the best best hands, but can dangle. He sets himself up in scoring areas and knows where to position himself. He's good on the half boards / powerplay. He just doesn't have that Cammalleri shot. Similar size, too.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:00 PM
  #11
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Hudon sort of plays like Cammalleri. Not the fastest. Not the best best hands, but can dangle. He sets himself up in scoring areas and knows where to position himself. He's good on the half boards / powerplay. He just doesn't have that Cammalleri shot. Similar size, too.
And he doesn't piss himself when the puck goes in the corner.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:10 PM
  #12
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
More like Desharnais.

Strenght : Hockey, IQ, Never quit, Quite agile.
Weakness: Size, Speed, Shot..
Here's one for you.

Mike Cammalleri.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Hudon sort of plays like Cammalleri. Not the fastest. Not the best best hands, but can dangle. He sets himself up in scoring areas and knows where to position himself. He's good on the half boards / powerplay. He just doesn't have that Cammalleri shot. Similar size, too.
YOU, f..... I mean BEAKER!!!!!!

I bet you read that on that website

http://everythinghockeyinquebec.blog...6-and-few.html

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:13 PM
  #13
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
No, not really. Hudon looks like he's pulling a truck when he's skating. Gallagher makes it look a lot easier.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:24 PM
  #14
ak90210
Registered User
 
ak90210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 669
vCash: 500
He plays a lot like Sergei.

ak90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:51 PM
  #15
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,180
vCash: 500
I say Derek Roy but not as fast.

rockjngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:59 PM
  #16
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak90210 View Post
He plays a lot like Sergei.
This could be one of the best comparison. But Sergei had a mean-streak when he played with us, I don't see Hudon having that.

When I said his shot was a weakness I meant that he's not someone to overly use it (Ovechkin style lets say..).

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 12:18 AM
  #17
NotProkofievian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,715
vCash: 500
What's this about Hudon's shot being a weakness? Not so far as I've seen.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 12:37 AM
  #18
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Nothing alike. Gallagher is all hustle, take one for the team. Hudon is all finesse, pretty plays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
No, not really. Hudon looks like he's pulling a truck when he's skating. Gallagher makes it look a lot easier.
Agree with both of these.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 01:50 AM
  #19
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,698
vCash: 500
I don't know what it was about Hudon today that made me think of Gallagher at the summit series. I think it's his contribution and lack of top end talent. I was glad with what I saw from Hudon. He's a late pick so you can't expect him to make outstanding plays. I thought Huberdeau and Strome showed a little more why they were picked so high, but I was honestly more impressed with Yakupov and Grigorenko. But when I watched Gallagher at the World Juniors and now Hudon at the Summit series, I see two guys doing a lot of things right, but their efforts don't translate into points as much.

Don't get me wrong, it's only a tournament and these are all talented guys. At least they both seem to work hard and they are still young and have lots of time to work on their game.

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 02:26 AM
  #20
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
I don't know what it was about Hudon today that made me think of Gallagher at the summit series. I think it's his contribution and lack of top end talent. I was glad with what I saw from Hudon. He's a late pick so you can't expect him to make outstanding plays. I thought Huberdeau and Strome showed a little more why they were picked so high, but I was honestly more impressed with Yakupov and Grigorenko. But when I watched Gallagher at the World Juniors and now Hudon at the Summit series, I see two guys doing a lot of things right, but their efforts don't translate into points as much.

Don't get me wrong, it's only a tournament and these are all talented guys. At least they both seem to work hard and they are still young and have lots of time to work on their game.
Really really impressed with Hudon, the kid is pretty slick with the puck, has a very good vision and passing skills, while his speed is average, he still thinks the game very well, always well positionned on the ice.. He has very high hockey IQ and competes at a pretty high level.. His shot looks pretty fine too, from what I seen so far from this kid, he certainly has NHL potential and is an unbelievable 5th round pick.. In fact, I think our last draft has the potential to be one of the greatest in Habs history.. Timmins

I didnt expect it at all from Hudon, he really should have been picked somewhere in the second round..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 02:29 AM
  #21
Markowicz
Simple Jacques
 
Markowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,024
vCash: 500
I find he looks and plays a lot like Patrick Kane. I don't see the Desharnais comparisons much because he likes to shoot way more, and the Gallagher comparisons neither because he's not really a north-south kind of player. Hudon likes to slow the play down; he plays a very cerebral type game. He'd be a welcome addition to our team because we seriously lack creativity. i really like how he moves on the ice; he's constantly trying to get himself into scoring position, with and without the puck. I like what I've seen.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 02:40 AM
  #22
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
I find he looks and plays a lot like Patrick Kane. I don't see the Desharnais comparisons much because he likes to shoot way more, and the Gallagher comparisons neither because he's not really a north-south kind of player. Hudon likes to slow the play down; he plays a very cerebral type game. He'd be a welcome addition to our team because we seriously lack creativity. i really like how he moves on the ice; he's constantly trying to get himself into scoring position, with and without the puck. I like what I've seen.
I can understand your Kane comparison cause Kane is probably the most fluid skater and stickhandler in the league, the puck seems to glue on his stick.. Well Hudon is obviously not Kane but he still is pretty slick with the puck..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 03:01 AM
  #23
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,862
vCash: 1707
i don't think he is... better comparisons thrown around in here, i especially like the sergei one.

i also thought of the comparison when i was watching the tournament and for the first game at least, hudon was probably their best forward but, like gallagher in the WJC, it didn't translate into points. that said, their styles are not really comparable

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 07:30 AM
  #24
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
In fact, I think our last draft has the potential to be one of the greatest in Habs history.. Timmins
Not to bring down a notch anyone, but let's be fair a minute. How often have we drafted 3 times in the top 50, including a #3 pick?

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 07:40 AM
  #25
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Not to bring down a notch anyone, but let's be fair a minute. How often have we drafted 3 times in the top 50, including a #3 pick?
They kind of go hand-in-hand, don't you think?

Besides, it's way too early to make a statement like that and claim that this is the best draft in the team's history. We might be in a position to say that in 2017.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.