HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Thursday's meeting in Toronto

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2005, 12:48 PM
coyotechrisz

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to coyotechrisz
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan33
this board has turned into a joke these last 2 days of negotiations
The negotiations are a JOKE .. not this Board!!!

Old
01-20-2005, 12:48 PM
chiavsfan

What the heck else is someone going to talk about when there is no news coming out of the meeting? I just had Mcdonalds by the way

Old
01-20-2005, 12:49 PM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotechrisz
The negotiations are a JOKE .. not this Board!!!
And we're not even getting as low as the CBA negotiations.

Old
01-20-2005, 12:50 PM
Go Flames Go*

Saskins: So Bill we have the 6 year deal to work on today.
Bill: Turn on speakerphone with Bettman on line
Bettman: Salary cap BABY
Saskins: Ugh
Linden: What I thought we said no Goodenow and Bettman
Daly: *Laughs*
Bettman: Gentleman if you look around this is a hostile takeover and you are now on the spot. Any resistance to the Cap will resulte in Paco busting caps. Westsiiide.
Saskins: Damn you bettman.

Old
01-20-2005, 12:53 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiavsfan
What the heck else is someone going to talk about when there is no news coming out of the meeting? I just had Mcdonalds by the way
do you enjoy having to sift through 10 pages of "they're drinking molson" and "bettman is eating his donuts slow" just to find out one message worth of actual news.? I don't.

Old
01-20-2005, 12:55 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
This story may have been posted, but here goes. http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...20_130833_3916

Old
01-20-2005, 12:55 PM
Go Flames Go*

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
do you enjoy having to sift through 10 pages of "they're drinking molson" and "bettman is eating his donuts slow" just to find out one message worth of actual news.? I don't.
Holy ****, there will be no ****ing news until the meeting is over. ****ing ****, do you think the media is in the room with them, listening and upadting there websites? Or do you think they break off every 20 minutes and upadte people on what they just ate and talked about? WAIT JUST LIKE THE REST OF HOMIE

Old
01-20-2005, 12:56 PM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli_The_Don
Holy ****, there will be no ****ing news until the meeting is over. ****ing ****, do you think the media is in the room with them, listening and upadting there websites? Or do you think they break off every 20 minutes and upadte people on what they just ate and talked about? WAIT JUST LIKE THE REST OF HOMIE
Step away from the keyboard.

Breathe slowly, and evenly, until your kinipshin passes.

Old
01-20-2005, 12:57 PM
crossxcheck

Quote:
that's fine, but in the meanwhile why not start a "I'm bored and waiting for news so I'm going to **** off online" thread and leave one that's specifically for news. It's not the end of the world having to read through pages and pages of BS, but it is annoying.

Old
01-20-2005, 12:58 PM
ACC1224
Steelers 1 - 1

Quote:
This story may have been posted, but here goes. http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...20_130833_3916
you should start a new thread for the meetings...nothing will ever be seen here as long as the kids need to play.

Old
01-20-2005, 12:59 PM
struckmatch

Thats good news...I'm becoming more optomistic.

Old
01-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

vCash: 450
Quote:

wow, thanks for the link. It adds more fuel to the fire.

Old
01-20-2005, 01:00 PM
Crows*

Quote:
Holy moly.

I havn't been this optimistic since this thing began!!!!

Old
neelynugs

Quote:
can someone post a quick recap of what this says? i can't seem to get onto sportsnet

Old
crossxcheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
can someone post a quick recap of what this says? i can't seem to get onto sportsnet
"Sources tell Sportsnet the Phoenix Coyotes coaching staff has informed its players they need to be on standby, prepared to practice within the next seven days."

"With the exception of Daniel Alfredsson and Arturs Irbe, the rest of the executive team has flown in. Bill Guerin, Bob Boughner, Trent Klatt, and Vincent Damphousse have gathered in Toronto, but are not participating in the meeting.

Sources say the executives will be briefed by NHLPA President Trevor Linden immediately following the meeting and will then determine what direction needs to be taken from that point on.

Perhaps, a sign this marathon stalemate might be about to end comes in Sportsnet's confirmation at least one team is urging its players to be ready for training camp, as early as next week."

Old
01-20-2005, 01:01 PM
Go Flames Go*

I was just gonna post taht story for that guy wanting news. I hope that feeds your hunger for now.

I still belive there will not be hockey this year. Until Harley Hotckiss tells us that there is going to be a deal, I will not belive in a season.

Old
01-20-2005, 01:01 PM
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs

here you go....

Quote:
Sources tell Sportsnet the Phoenix Coyotes coaching staff has informed its players they need to be on standby, prepared to practice within the next seven days.

Old
01-20-2005, 01:03 PM
Crows*

Sportsnet has CONFIRMED THAT that one team has told it's players to be ready within a week.

Old
01-20-2005, 01:05 PM
crossxcheck

I've been hearing all kinds of false reports since september and I'm not inclined to put too much faith in this report. Just because they've told their players to be prepared doesn't mean anything will actually happen. I take it as more of a "In case something does happen (which is highly unlikely) be ready."

Old
01-20-2005, 01:06 PM
Go Flames Go*

There on standby. Its just all apart of the bigger picture a impase. They NHl can use this as a sign that they where willing to negotiate but it fell through.

How many times have u had a stand by flight and went home dissapointed. Well dont get your hoeps up until Sportsnet confirms that the NHL has told teams that the CBA is going to be signed this week with the Cap in place.

Old
01-20-2005, 01:20 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Did Coyotes head coach Wayne Gretzky give the order?Wayne will be coaching the Coyotes

Old
01-20-2005, 01:22 PM
Go Flames Go*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
Did Coyotes head coach Wayne Gretzky give the order?Wayne will be coaching the Coyotes
Rick Bowness is the coach right now.

Yes Gretzky could be the person who would of ordered the euqipment and ordered them to be ready.

Old
01-20-2005, 01:28 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Rick Bowness is the coach right now.

Yes Gretzky could be the person who would of ordered the euqipment and ordered them to be ready.
not for long

Old
01-20-2005, 01:29 PM
Go Flames Go*

I hope they don't pluck Playfair from us hes the heir to the throne in Calgary.

Old
01-20-2005, 01:32 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
There on standby. Its just all apart of the bigger picture a impase. They NHl can use this as a sign that they where willing to negotiate but it fell through.

How many times have u had a stand by flight and went home dissapointed. Well dont get your hoeps up until Sportsnet confirms that the NHL has told teams that the CBA is going to be signed this week with the Cap in place.
who cares if there is a cap in place? lets just hope a deal is signed. the winners in lockout like this are the players and owners the losers are you and me. you seem to care so much for the owners but the owners don't care about you.

i can never understand fans that take sides in these things.

Closed Thread