HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 roster predictions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-08-2013, 09:02 PM
  #376
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,562
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
I'm extremely interested in his development. I'd plug him into the second line faster than I would Holland at this point.
Ditto, but for future projections, I think Holland will surpass him.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:04 PM
  #377
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,562
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Yep.
I'd certainly prefer Lindholm if we needed a defenseman in Anaheim too, but there's no need to rush either of them. Vatanen needs to learn the NA game, and get used to the nuances of smaller ice. I'm sure he'll be fine, though I don't expect him to ever be the defenseman that eenok is suggesting. A top pairing defenseman he is not.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:30 PM
  #378
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I'd certainly prefer Lindholm if we needed a defenseman in Anaheim too, but there's no need to rush either of them. Vatanen needs to learn the NA game, and get used to the nuances of smaller ice. I'm sure he'll be fine, though I don't expect him to ever be the defenseman that eenok is suggesting. A top pairing defenseman he is not.
I meant the depth chart in Norfolk, though I suppose that's part of our depth chart.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:33 PM
  #379
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 500
Really interested to see the battle between Bonino and Holland for a Top 9 center spot. Bonino makes the team regardless, but Holland wont be in a 4th line role, unless BB wants to run 4 lines that can score, with a Holland/Palmieri combo or something like that on the fourth line.

Lots of interesting stuff to watch for in camp, lets just hope for a classic Boudreau start.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:47 PM
  #380
DuckTech
In vino veritas
 
DuckTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rural Orange County
Country: United States
Posts: 1,210
vCash: 50
Crazy Lines Idea:

Getzlaf, Perry, Maroon
Bonino, Ryan, Palmieri
Koivu, Selanne, Holland
Cogliano, Winnik, Smith-Pelly
Beleskey, Staubitz

Fowler, Beauchemin
Allen, Sbisa
Lydman, Souray

Hiller
Fasth

thoughts?

DuckTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:59 PM
  #381
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,683
vCash: 500
Cogliano needs to go. I'd rather have Maroon/Beleskey giving us size then him. He's an effective penalty killer, but that's about it.

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:00 PM
  #382
mighty all the way
Registered User
 
mighty all the way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 1,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckTech View Post
Crazy Lines Idea:

Getzlaf, Perry, Maroon
Bonino, Ryan, Palmieri
Koivu, Selanne, Holland
Cogliano, Winnik, Smith-Pelly
Beleskey, Staubitz

Fowler, Beauchemin
Allen, Sbisa
Lydman, Souray

Hiller
Fasth

thoughts?
Holland at wing? hmmm, that might be pretty good if he can be a wing, gives him some time to transition and push for second line duty in actual games. Cogliano should not be center for obvious reasons haha. He really needs to be traded.

mighty all the way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:11 PM
  #383
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,683
vCash: 500
I'm all for putting Holland on left wing next to Teemu and Koivu. It's hard to ask for better linemates to learn from than them, and he won't have to center his own line right away. He can ease his way into the NHL

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:18 PM
  #384
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 17,394
vCash: 500
Palmieri and Holland are going to make the team. I think a Palmieri/Holland/Ryan line could be real good myself. Holland and Ryan are made to play together if you ask me.

I wouldn't be opposed to starting RPG together, they have been a dominant line in the past, maybe they can rediscover some magic

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:05 AM
  #385
DuckTech
In vino veritas
 
DuckTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rural Orange County
Country: United States
Posts: 1,210
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty all the way View Post
Holland at wing? hmmm, that might be pretty good if he can be a wing, gives him some time to transition and push for second line duty in actual games. Cogliano should not be center for obvious reasons haha. He really needs to be traded.
I know that Cogliano sucks at face-offs but otherwise he is a good center. From what I remember DSP & Winnik are able to take a face-off alright. That said the three of them supposedly have practiced together and are friends - Chemistry. As a whole it gives us three honest scoring lines and a very nice defensively minded line. I doubt that this line up would get a chance as most people seem to have a similar lineup with a more traditional 2 scoring, checking, energy line up.

DuckTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 02:44 AM
  #386
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander
 
Lord Flashheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bananaland crapital
Country: Croatia
Posts: 3,650
vCash: 500
Palmieri-Getz-Perry
Ryan-Holland-Teemu
Maroon/Cogliano-Koivu-Winnik
Beleskey/Cogliano-Bonino-DSP
Staubitz

Lot of ifs with that line-up... Yes, I am aware Winnik is a LW.

Lord Flashheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 05:20 AM
  #387
lumberjack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Matt Beleskey was the BEIHL player of the week last week.

http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/player-...leskey-p181134


Beleskey had 33 points in 26 games with Coventry. He should be coming into camp with lots of confidence. The last time Beleskey spent any time in the minors (Syracuse) he averaged slightly less than a point a game. 24 points in 27 games. If you want to compare this year’s stats with the guys that are in the minors there is only Holland and Palmeri that put up numbers similar. He has put up numbers in every league that he has played in when he gets a chance to play in offensive situations. With the salary cap going down he may be get that chance.

lumberjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 05:29 AM
  #388
Finnpin
Registered User
 
Finnpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flashheart View Post
Palmieri-Getz-Perry
Ryan-Holland-Teemu
Maroon/Cogliano-Koivu-Winnik
Beleskey/Cogliano-Bonino-DSP
Staubitz

Lot of ifs with that line-up... Yes, I am aware Winnik is a LW.
That's a core to begin with...even with if's and wishes but I like it.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 06:00 AM
  #389
DigitalSea
#50in15
 
DigitalSea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,097
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjack View Post
Matt Beleskey was the BEIHL player of the week last week.

http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/player-...leskey-p181134


Beleskey had 33 points in 26 games with Coventry. He should be coming into camp with lots of confidence. The last time Beleskey spent any time in the minors (Syracuse) he averaged slightly less than a point a game. 24 points in 27 games. If you want to compare this year’s stats with the guys that are in the minors there is only Holland and Palmeri that put up numbers similar. He has put up numbers in every league that he has played in when he gets a chance to play in offensive situations. With the salary cap going down he may be get that chance.
Would love to see Matt progress. Always liked his potential. Gritty player.

DigitalSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 06:29 AM
  #390
Elvs
Registered User
 
Elvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pitea
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,673
vCash: 500
Beleskey defenitely picked up his game once Boudreau took over. I don't think I've ever seen him play that well in the NHL. If he just stays being a 4th line guy that's ok with me though, and hopefully it is for Murray too. Last year he almost got rid of him and I don't see the point of that only only to replace him with someone similar. If the Ducks struggle, Beleskey is not the reason for it. He does everything you can ask from a 4th liner and is signed to a fair contract. I think Murray has done too many unsignificant moves since he took over. I don't think there's a team which look on the 3rd and 4th lines have changed from a year-to-year basis as much as Anaheim's. It doesn't exactly improve team spirit.


Last edited by Elvs: 01-09-2013 at 06:37 AM.
Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 06:48 AM
  #391
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White
 
Spicy Porkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: He is risen!
Posts: 8,317
vCash: 50
Beleskey has a lot of potential that hasn't been unlocked IMO. But he keeps getting injured right as he starts to make a real move, and I wonder if he'll ever unlock any of it.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:03 AM
  #392
DigitalSea
#50in15
 
DigitalSea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,097
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Beleskey has a lot of potential that hasn't been unlocked IMO. But he keeps getting injured right as he starts to make a real move, and I wonder if he'll ever unlock any of it.
This. Well said. Last year especially once BB took over I noticed him pick it up a bit. He always seems to be on the edge of breaking out, but never quite finds his stride.

DigitalSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:05 AM
  #393
DigitalSea
#50in15
 
DigitalSea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,097
vCash: 50
I feel Belesky definitely has more upside than McMillan and Sexton, and even potentially Cogliano. I expect he makes the team as long as he has a good showing at camp.

DigitalSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:15 AM
  #394
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,300
vCash: 500
Beleskey totally enjoyed the head coach change last season.

I`ve always liked him, but he struggled under Randy. He lacks a bit of hockey sense and speed, imo. That holds him out from him being good special team player and moving up in the lineup.
I like how he tries to compensate that with his grit and standing up for pretty much everyone. But he should stay on the 4th line. If i understand correctly, Bruce will be using more of the 4th line anyway.
If Winnik plays 3LW and Beleskey 4LW, i`m completely ok with our Bottom6 left wingers. Other positions should get few better players though.

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 09:36 AM
  #395
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,562
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I meant the depth chart in Norfolk, though I suppose that's part of our depth chart.
Oh, I know. I was merely continuing the depth from Norfolk into how it would likely fit in Anaheim. It's not always the case, where the player called up is highest on the depth chart in the AHL, but in the case of Vatanen or Lindholm, I think it's clear that neither would be called up as a 7th defenseman "just in case", and Lindholm seems better equipped to handle the NHL right now. Between the two, Hampus is really a no-brainer, at least assuming he's healthy(which, right now, is the only concern I have regarding the kid), and until Vatanen can show a more complete game.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 09:43 AM
  #396
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,562
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Beleskey totally enjoyed the head coach change last season.

I`ve always liked him, but he struggled under Randy. He lacks a bit of hockey sense and speed, imo. That holds him out from him being good special team player and moving up in the lineup.
I like how he tries to compensate that with his grit and standing up for pretty much everyone. But he should stay on the 4th line. If i understand correctly, Bruce will be using more of the 4th line anyway.
If Winnik plays 3LW and Beleskey 4LW, i`m completely ok with our Bottom6 left wingers. Other positions should get few better players though.
He wasn't the only one. Unfortunately, there were a few players who seemed to lose a bit under Boudreau, namely some of Anaheim's most important players. I know I've harped on this a bit before, but whatever the issues were, they need to be fixed. Under Carlyle, we saw the Ducks rely on their big guns, basically to the point of exhaustion. Even when they made the playoffs, they had nothing left in the tank. Under Boudreau, I didn't think we got as much out of our big guns, but we got more out of the depth players. While that's certainly a step forward for them, we aren't going to go anywhere if the big guns can't get things going to. Hopefully Boudreau can tweak things and get more out of the big boys, while still letting the depth players do their thing. That, on top of a healthy Hiller, could go a long way towards making the playoffs.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:56 AM
  #397
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
He wasn't the only one. Unfortunately, there were a few players who seemed to lose a bit under Boudreau, namely some of Anaheim's most important players. I know I've harped on this a bit before, but whatever the issues were, they need to be fixed. Under Carlyle, we saw the Ducks rely on their big guns, basically to the point of exhaustion. Even when they made the playoffs, they had nothing left in the tank. Under Boudreau, I didn't think we got as much out of our big guns, but we got more out of the depth players. While that's certainly a step forward for them, we aren't going to go anywhere if the big guns can't get things going to. Hopefully Boudreau can tweak things and get more out of the big boys, while still letting the depth players do their thing. That, on top of a healthy Hiller, could go a long way towards making the playoffs.
I think our ''Big Guns'' were not as big last year, therefore, Bruce had othing to do with that.
He was coaching Backstrom & Ovechkin when they were superstars and used them a lot and it didn`t looked as if he wasn`t using them with full potential, because he was.
I wasn`t a big fan of ''let`s exhaust our top line players to the point they cant skate'' system anyways. We do have a depth problems, but we all wanted to see more ice time from some of the players - Chipchura, Beleskey, etc

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:34 AM
  #398
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
I think our ''Big Guns'' were not as big last year, therefore, Bruce had othing to do with that.
He was coaching Backstrom & Ovechkin when they were superstars and used them a lot and it didn`t looked as if he wasn`t using them with full potential, because he was.
I wasn`t a big fan of ''let`s exhaust our top line players to the point they cant skate'' system anyways. We do have a depth problems, but we all wanted to see more ice time from some of the players - Chipchura, Beleskey, etc

Selanne's dropoff after Boudreau was hired was very noticeable, but that could very well be because of his age, but he definitely was better under Carlyle. Id like to see what RPG does with Boudreau from the start, I wouldnt mind seeing them playing together, at least at the start of the season, give it a go. If not I like the lineup LF posted, with Cogs on Line 3 and Beleskey on Line 4.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:37 AM
  #399
snarktacular
Moderator
Ducks tank is on!
 
snarktacular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 16,324
vCash: 80
It's funny. As much as I was ahead of everyone on the Cogliano hate train (I think it was me and a couple others... duckstudd? who hated it from the start)... I think he gets a little too much hate now.

Not that I think he was a) the right piece to add b) a good gamble c) worth the trade price d) worth the money, but he still contributes to the team because Murray has just neglected PKers that much.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:48 AM
  #400
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
It's funny. As much as I was ahead of everyone on the Cogliano hate train (I think it was me and a couple others... duckstudd? who hated it from the start)... I think he gets a little too much hate now.

Not that I think he was a) the right piece to add b) a good gamble c) worth the trade price d) worth the money, but he still contributes to the team because Murray has just neglected PKers that much.

Do you think McMillan has a chance at making the team for that reason? He was a big part of the PK and 3rd line in 10-11, but I have no idea how he's been in Norfolk.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.