HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 roster predictions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2013, 02:13 PM
  #201
DuckJet
Destiny pls
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 36,793
vCash: 69
Ryan isn't a defensive dud. Neither is Holland even though it's a different level of play. Selanne has been more interested in forechecking lately.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:19 PM
  #202
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 10,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I didn't mean that I think Holland stays down. I meant that I think he'll spend time at LW first.
This was my reaction at first as well but my thinking was changed when Murray said he wanted to get better up the middle at the beginning of the offseason and then did nothing because "he liked how our young players looking". Since Bonino was already on the team, I can only assume he was referring to Holland.

I agree about Cogs not having a place. He's a terrine fit and has been since the begonning.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:21 PM
  #203
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
This was my reaction at first as well but my thinking was changed when Murray said he wanted to get better up the middle at the beginning of the offseason and then did nothing because "he liked how our young players looking". Since Bonino was already on the team, I can only assume he was referring to Holland.

I agree about Cogs not having a place. He's a terrine fit and has been since the begonning.
That doesn't mean that he sees Holland taking over at the start of the season.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:22 PM
  #204
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus
 
Sean Garrity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Nut
Country: United States
Posts: 9,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
What does that matter? He's played LW in the past, and short of him blowing Bonino away in camp, he'll have to play what role he's asked to play.
You don't typically ask a player to play a position he may not be comfortable with... especially as a rookie.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:22 PM
  #205
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 10,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
I don't like Ryan and Selanne on the same line. But I like either Ryan or Selanne with Holland.
I just hate both of those players with Getz and Perry. And we don't have the players to run 3 scoring lines. Hoping we add another top six forward but doubting it happens.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:22 PM
  #206
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
You don't typically ask a player to play a position he may not be comfortable with... especially as a rookie.
Centers are asked to do that all the time.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:26 PM
  #207
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus
 
Sean Garrity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Nut
Country: United States
Posts: 9,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Centers are asked to do that all the time.
No they're not. If you're talking about young players who come in to the league as centers then switch to the wing, more often than not that change is permanent and begins to take place at the lower levels. There is nothing to indicate that this is the case with Holland.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:28 PM
  #208
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
No they're not. If you're talking about young players who come in to the league as centers then switch to the wing, more often than not that change is permanent and begins to take place at the lower levels. There is nothing to indicate that this is the case with Holland.
Okay...

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:29 PM
  #209
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus
 
Sean Garrity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Nut
Country: United States
Posts: 9,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Okay...
Agree to disagree seems like the only option here.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:33 PM
  #210
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
Agree to disagree seems like the only option here.
Is Brayden Schenn a center?

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:38 PM
  #211
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus
 
Sean Garrity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Nut
Country: United States
Posts: 9,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Is Brayden Schenn a center?
I believe he played primarily center in Philly.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:43 PM
  #212
Paul4587
Registered User
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 13,924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Palmieri-Getz-Perry
Ryan-Holland-Selanne
Winnik-Koivu-DSP
Staubitz-Bonino-Cogs
Assuming no moves are made, this is what I want to see with Beleskey or Maroon as the 4th line LW instead of Staubitz.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:46 PM
  #213
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
I believe he played primarily center in Philly.
Did he play left wing, there?

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:50 PM
  #214
Paul4587
Registered User
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 13,924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
I believe he played primarily center in Philly.
He's played LW and C in Philly, in the playoffs he was mostly LW. He's even played a bit of LW in the AHL too when him and Couturier played on the same line.

I think long term, Philly intends to use him as a winger who can fill in at centre. With Giroux and Couturier being long term locks for the top two spots (and Briere and Giroux being locks in the present) it makes sense for Schenn to be a winger.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:58 PM
  #215
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
He's played LW and C in Philly, in the playoffs he was mostly LW. He's even played a bit of LW in the AHL too when him and Couturier played on the same line.

I think long term, Philly intends to use him as a winger who can fill in at centre. With Giroux and Couturier being long term locks for the top two spots (and Briere and Giroux being locks in the present) it makes sense for Schenn to be a winger.
My point isn't that I think Holland should be permanently moved to wing or anything, but that it is common for centers to spend some time on the wings as they break into the league.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:58 PM
  #216
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim
 
ShadowDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,953
vCash: 150
Winnik/DSP - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Bonino - Palmieri
Cogliano - Koivu - Selanne
Winnik/DSP - ? - Beleskey/Maroon

I think this gives us a solid balance between our lines. The Bonino and Koivu lines would be more of 2A and 2B.

Winnik and DSP would battle out for the 1st line LW spot.

ShadowDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:16 PM
  #217
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,736
vCash: 500
I seriously think Murray needs to add a LW to play with Getzlaf and Perry if we want to have a shot at the playoffs this year. I don't think any of the guys in our system are skilled enough to play on the first line with those guys except Bobby. As we know, Bobby doesn't fit there. No idea who's available, but I'd like for him to look to upgrade that spot. With the current roster I think the lineup should be this:

Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Holland-Selanne
Winnik-Koivu-DSP
Cogliano-Bonino-Beleskey

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:20 PM
  #218
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,409
vCash: 500
It`ll be really hard to get into playoffs if we don`t get at least one of 1LW or 2C

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:22 PM
  #219
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,140
vCash: 500
I don't think we can make the playoffs with this much young talent and a shortened season, too.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:27 PM
  #220
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I don't think we can make the playoffs with this much young talent and a shortened season, too.
Yeah I mean unless Holland and Palmieri are 2nd line capable right away (Which I don't expect to happen), then we probably aren't making the playoffs. Oh well, I'm cool with another top 10 pick.

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:40 PM
  #221
DuckJet
Destiny pls
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 36,793
vCash: 69
I'm really just looking forward to NHL hockey and then the draft.

Short of a pleasant surprise we should finish with a top 10 pick. Oh and apparently the new lotto system will allow any lottery winner to get the first overall pick. No more 4 spot jump limit.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:55 PM
  #222
Carelton CA
Registered User
 
Carelton CA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 210
vCash: 500
Smith-Pelley- 5G's 8A's and a team worst -16 in 33 games. Sorry but don't see him getting rewarded for that start by going to the NHL.

Carelton CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:00 PM
  #223
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,140
vCash: 500
We'll see.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:13 PM
  #224
2faded
Registered User
 
2faded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lomita, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
I'm a Bonino believer, but has Holland ever played LW since turning pro?

As someone else said, I wonder what playing in the UK has done to Beleskey's confidence. If he could play on the top line with effectiveness that would be huge for the team. He has shown in the past he has the capability to do so.
Nope. He has never shown that. BB needs to keep him far away from the top line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
I seriously think Murray needs to add a LW to play with Getzlaf and Perry if we want to have a shot at the playoffs this year. I don't think any of the guys in our system are skilled enough to play on the first line with those guys except Bobby. As we know, Bobby doesn't fit there. No idea who's available, but I'd like for him to look to upgrade that spot. With the current roster I think the lineup should be this:

Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Holland-Selanne
Winnik-Koivu-DSP
Cogliano-Bonino-Beleskey
We know that? I remember them being the best line in the league at one point.

But, I like your lineup and would want to see that. Maybe Bonino and Holland switch.

2faded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:24 PM
  #225
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post

We know that? I remember them being the best line in the league at one point.

But, I like your lineup and would want to see that. Maybe Bonino and Holland switch.
I know they can play together, but Bobby has said in the past that he doesn't want to play with the Twins. That's what I meant by my comment

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.