HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luongo Thread - Scorcher 6: Global Meltdown (Mod Warning Post # 694)

Closed Thread

Old
09-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

vCash: 500
Panthers Fans: "We don't want Luongo"

Yet they lurk the Luongo threads constantly.

Oh yeah & they also tell us how it is

Old
09-05-2012, 09:39 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
I'm a visitor here so I will be polite.

A player of good team character doesn't come off,the panthers practice ice and outline why he wants to be traded here. He could of, and should have, said hi, kept going and went home to Gina. He purposely gave the interview, stirred the pot and dissed Gilles.

If you believe this conduct doesn't evidence what he will be like on the bench for you guys I don't know what does.

But hey. That's just my opinion.
I'll agree with you insofar as what he did is "stirring the pot" for some but Luongo isn't exactly known for keeping things under the sheets and he doesn't actively avoid the media so he'll always voice his opinion. It's not like a quiet guy such as dunno Edler went up to reporters and said he really wants to play elsewhere where he has no clear connections.

It's all coming from someone who spent half of his career in Florida and does live and practice there in the off-season so by all means if someone asks him about playing there then it seems logical to be agreeable; it's not like he burned his bridge there.

Bottom line is that Luongo wants to play somewhere where he can be the clear starter and not only he thinks Florida could be the place for that but it's also a convenient destination for obvious reasons.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
I'll agree with you insofar as what he did is "stirring the pot" for some but Luongo isn't exactly known for keeping things under the sheets and he doesn't actively avoid the media so he'll always voice his opinion. It's not like a quiet guy such as dunno Edler went up to reporters and said he really wants to play elsewhere where he has no clear connections.

It's all coming from someone who spent half of his career in Florida and does live and practice there in the off-season so by all means if someone asks him about playing there then it seems logical to be agreeable; it's not like he burned his bridge there.

Bottom line is that Luongo wants to play somewhere where he can be the clear starter and not only he thinks Florida could be the place for that but it's also a convenient destination for obvious reasons.
Everything he said was pretty much either said by him previously, or a matter of common knowledge...I don't know how it's considered "stirring the pot"? This is just what happens when there's been no new news in a long time, old news gets regurgitated and passed off as new.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:10 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:

He just has to look at his possible destinations... No wonder he's being vocal to play in Florida :-) I'd try to force it if I was him too... Other than Florida, staying in Vancouver for a while longer is probably the 2nd most attractive possibility... until Florida (or another team from a different set of suitors that time brings) needs him... If he's not going to Florida, everything else for him is probably a downgrade to playing in Vancouver... Just looking at the teams probably in a market for #1...

Florida just doesn't need Luongo right now... I don't blame Luongo for speaking as he did... I honestly think he'd prefer to go to Florida than any other team (including the Canucks)... But Theodore is there... Sucks for Theodore to hear and be put in the middle of this - but, Luongo is at least twice the goalie that Theodore is... And such is life in the food chain, IMO... First world problems... Luongo is fighting for his job... He wants Theodore's job... It's business, IMO... Nothing personal... You don't become an NHL player by waiting for things to come to you, all dopey...

To those questioning Luongo's character, I'm sure Luongo has done more good in the world in his 33 years then those complaining could ever achieve in a life time... All the time donated to Canucks Place, etc... He wants Theodore's job... Not a good teammate? He's a man without a team... Of course if he returns to the Canucks dressing room, and he's saying this then, different story... But as of now, I think he feels like a free agent... A free agent who wants a new home asap so his family can prepare... Maybe deserving of a Gillis call (being Canuck property) to tone it down - and don't forget that the Canucks still own you... But that's it, IMO...

I hope the right fit team is there this offseason, cause it would be better for everyone involved... If it's not though, it's just business all around... If no Florida, from a business perspective, Vancouver must still seem like a good destination for a while longer - when considering other potential destinations to be married to for 10 years...

Old
09-05-2012, 10:14 PM
kanuck87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
This is an extraordinary depth of denial, even for us Canucks fans.

Ah well.

It will be what it will be.
If you had any real proof instead of twisting words, you might have some argument, but you continue to make a big deal out of absolutely nothing.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:21 PM
kanuck87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
This Message Has Been Deleted due to Trolling -CW
Proof?

And maybe he's saying it's time to move on because he can see that they are sticking with Schneider, and it's likely that he'll have to share playing time, if not be the #2 when he should be a #1 somewhere else.

I'm sure you know a lot more about our team than we do. Maybe I should go to your forums and start sharing my more knowledgable opinion of your team. God knows a fan from another team knows your team better than you do.

Old
09-06-2012, 12:03 AM
gobi

Quote:
I'm a visitor here so I will be polite.

A player of good team character doesn't come off,the panthers practice ice and outline why he wants to be traded here. He could of, and should have, said hi, kept going and went home to Gina. He purposely gave the interview, stirred the pot and dissed Gilles.

If you believe this conduct doesn't evidence what he will be like on the bench for you guys I don't know what does.

But hey. That's just my opinion.
Yes, Luongo could have went his merry way but I believe he purposely used this interview to give Gillis a nudge. It must be frustrating for Luongo to be in limbo for so long. I agree with another poster that Gillis should show Luongo some respect and trade him soon even of it means getting a little bit less.

Old
09-06-2012, 12:08 AM
Derp Kassian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
This is an extraordinary depth of denial, even for us Canucks fans.

Ah well.

It will be what it will be.
This is an extraordinary spin on your part to make Luongo look like hes demanding out immediately and is hurting the team.

Old
09-06-2012, 12:32 AM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
Everything he said was pretty much either said by him previously, or a matter of common knowledge...I don't know how it's considered "stirring the pot"? This is just what happens when there's been no new news in a long time, old news gets regurgitated and passed off as new.
It clearly denotes a bit of frustration I think but if I were him I'd be pretty stressed out too with an unclear situation. It's good that he wants to play a role that fits his paycheck.

Old
09-06-2012, 12:41 AM
RECsGuy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp Kassian View Post
This is an extraordinary spin on your part to make Luongo look like hes demanding out immediately and is hurting the team.
If Luongo wanted to play for the Canucks this season, he wouldn't tell Harvey Fialkov of the Sun Sentinel that he'd like to play for the Panthers. Period.

Again, Luongo will be traded before the season. The only hold-up is the CBA, which will determine the parameters under which Vancouver and its trading partner will be operating under.

Old
09-06-2012, 01:02 AM
Derp Kassian

Quote:
If Luongo wanted to play for the Canucks this season, he wouldn't tell Harvey Fialkov of the Sun Sentinel that he'd like to play for the Panthers. Period.

Again, Luongo will be traded before the season. The only hold-up is the CBA, which will determine the parameters under which Vancouver and its trading partner will be operating under.
Youre not saying anything that I dont know the other poster made it seem like Luongo was asking out right away at season ending press conferences or w/e. He was simply asked if he would be open to a trade and said he would do whats best for the team. He came out with its time to move on like a month later in Vegas at the poker tourney.

Old
09-06-2012, 01:05 AM
YogiCanucks

Quote:

This is false. Luongo doesn't want to 'play' for the Canucks. He wants to start for the Canucks. He wants to start anywhere he can. Period

Old
09-06-2012, 01:23 AM
King of Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
This is false. Luongo doesn't want to 'play' for the Canucks. He wants to start for the Canucks. He wants to start anywhere he can. Period
..and bingo was his name-o.

It's also why I believe Luongo played a part in setting this latest interview up, to put pressure on the Canucks to get a deal done ASAP with the season approaching.

Old
09-06-2012, 01:58 AM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Yeah, Luongo's been sticking with the same company line since this mess has happened. We didn't learn anything we didn't already know. He prefers playing in Florida, but he's a team guy and will bite the bullet as long as he ends up starter anywhere.

The only thing this interview was, a reporter digging for anything to make a story. He had no dice there, but everyone seems to think that Luongo was the desperate one. If he was that desperate, he wouldn't have just disappeared without going the media for 6 weeks.

Old
09-06-2012, 02:10 AM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Anarchy View Post
..and bingo was his name-o.

It's also why I believe Luongo played a part in setting this latest interview up, to put pressure on the Canucks to get a deal done ASAP with the season approaching.
Jokes on him. There is no season.

Awww. Now I'm sad.

Old
09-06-2012, 02:55 AM
ProstheticConscience
Kunst

vCash: 883
Quote:

Man, I'm sure glad this guy found our forum. Without him, we'd have nobody to tell us things we've all read a thousand times. Keep up the good work, sport. Feel free to slam the door on your way out.

Old
09-06-2012, 08:30 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:

Agreed.

Old
09-06-2012, 08:36 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp Kassian View Post
Come on be honest with yourself. He's demanding out. He has pride, wants to start, and since that'll require a move he might as well come home.

As to whether not trading him hurts the team that's a subjective argument we can all take any position we choose. No different than the subjective argument on how much his trade value is worth, how much he'd help the panthers, etc.

Our two teams make good trade partners and I do believe eventually Gilles and tallon, two pretty solid GM'S, will get this done.

Old
09-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
it's not like he burned his bridge there.
To add....Luongo eventually agreed to re-signing with the Panthers; it was Keenan who decided - what the heck, I'll just trade him anyhow.

Old
09-06-2012, 09:59 AM
dave babych returns

Quote:
He used the word "obviously" several times, which I believe to be a cheap shot at the ignorant and the obtuse.. typical classless Luongo.

Old
09-06-2012, 10:18 AM
I in the Eye

Luongo is asked, "How's the ham?"... And he replies, "It's ****ing good ham"... and he gets in trouble for it...

Old
09-06-2012, 10:47 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
Luongo is asked, "How's the ham?"... And he replies, "It's ****ing good ham"... and he gets in trouble for it...
Headline next day: Luongo in a ham of a situation.

Old
09-06-2012, 10:48 AM
timorousme
luongod

Quote:
Come on be honest with yourself. He's demanding out. He has pride, wants to start, and since that'll require a move he might as well come home.

As to whether not trading him hurts the team that's a subjective argument we can all take any position we choose. No different than the subjective argument on how much his trade value is worth, how much he'd help the panthers, etc.

Our two teams make good trade partners and I do believe eventually Gilles and tallon, two pretty solid GM'S, will get this done.
hey dude fyi it's Gillis and not Gilles but please carry on

Old
09-06-2012, 10:56 AM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
Headline next day: Luongo in a ham of a situation.
Day after that "Luongo loves pork, disses Muslims."

Old
09-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Jay Cee
P4G

Every time I visit this or the Doan thread I think to myself wtf am I doing. Lol

Closed Thread