HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Luongo Thread - Scorcher 6: Global Meltdown (Mod Warning Post # 694)

Closed Thread

Old
08-24-2012, 11:53 PM
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!

vCash: 50
If Luongo is going to be moved, it has to be within the next 7 days, If Luongo is still around come Main Training Camp, He will be our #1 again next year, (up until trade deadline, then it's up to how the team is doing).

Twitter | HFBoards Contact | Youtube | Instagram| Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"Everybody says be a good loser; I think if you're a good loser, you're a loser. " - John Tortorella
Old
08-25-2012, 12:10 AM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum View Post
If Luongo is going to be moved, it has to be within the next 7 days, If Luongo is still around come Main Training Camp, He will be our #1 again next year, (up until trade deadline, then it's up to how the team is doing).

I see him coming back and being dealt before the deadline. The main boards will be in an uproar at the start of the season.

Old
08-25-2012, 12:12 AM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
I see him coming back and being dealt before the deadline. The main boards will be in an uproar at the start of the season.
Don't see how he will be traded in the deadline.

I think he'll be gone by October(assuming the season start accordingly.)

Old
08-25-2012, 01:11 AM
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
Don't see how he will be traded in the deadline.

I think he'll be gone by October(assuming the season start accordingly.)
I always said this whole summer, "we need to trade him by training camp or else he's not going anywhere." Hopefully GMMG proves me wrong.

Old
08-25-2012, 01:57 AM
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
I always said this whole summer, "we need to trade him by training camp or else he's not going anywhere." Hopefully GMMG proves me wrong.
I've thought since this started, if he doesn't trade him by camp it's the wrong move. That said, not sure if the camp will be in September this year.

Old
08-25-2012, 02:01 AM
Wheatley
We Rabite You

Traded in December is my guess. He's usually playing well around then, and by that time some other team's goaltending situation will be in complete shambles.

Old
08-25-2012, 02:40 AM
Wisp

Unless the season starts in December...

Old
08-25-2012, 04:22 AM
Kip96

I would love to keep Luongo as long as possible

Just so much unfinished business to be taken care of...

Old
08-25-2012, 04:36 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
its not just HF

i took my 6 YO kid to hockey camp this year and he wore his Nux jersey ..more than once he got "Canucks??" with a look of semi-disgust ...this was not just from kids (older), but a couple adults too. By the way, this is in NYC ...a town with no reason for fanbase animosity. The smear-job done by the media after last year, as exemplified by Mr Milbury, was no imaginary thing...
Started with Hockey Night and rolled from there.

Old
08-25-2012, 05:03 AM
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Started with Hockey Night and rolled from there.
Hockey Night's not as bad, but they still need this to happen to the "commentators" in between intermissions.

All the crap about "doesn't want it enough" "Team X is this way, and they always have been, always will" makes my blood boil stop using lazy jargon and telling us what we want to hear. Tell us what's actually going on.

Old
08-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Kass Effect

vCash: 358
Cuban- "oh right, so no matter what we did, he (Lebron) was just going to stand there and do nothing?" Love it, Cuban powned him!

Last edited by Kass Effect: 08-25-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old
08-25-2012, 01:11 PM
Scurr

Quote:
IMO Lu gets auctioned off before camp. Gillis waits for the CBA to be settled, finds out at that point who is interested, let Lu decide which of those teams he is willing to go to, let the auction begin!

Even if Lu ends up in camp, I don't see how he's going to beat Schneider for the starting gig. Kids too good to lose that battle imo.

Old
08-25-2012, 01:15 PM
west in the east

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Hockey Night's not as bad, but they still need this to happen to the "commentators" in between intermissions.

All the crap about "doesn't want it enough" "Team X is this way, and they always have been, always will" makes my blood boil stop using lazy jargon and telling us what we want to hear. Tell us what's actually going on.
That is amazing! Let's get Cuban to sit down with the media that covers the NHL.

Same could be said for many of the posts on here (I'm sure everyone has been guilty of it. Some more than others.) but those generalities are what the sheep eat up; either because of low intelligence or lack of knowledge about the game or sports in general. I like is point out, I love the comment about that guy giving the mavs absolutely no credit for shutting down LJ. Sounds very familiar to what we hear on here

Old
08-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Dado

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Even if Lu ends up in camp, I don't see how he's going to beat Schneider for the starting gig. Kids too good to lose that battle imo.
Having him start the season having officially lost the starting job isn't going to help his trade value, that's for sure.

Old
08-25-2012, 01:18 PM
west in the east

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
Having him start the season having officially lost the starting job isn't going to help his trade value, that's for sure.
Him not starting does not mean he is bad. Just that we have a better option. I don't think it will affect his trade value at all. In fact, it could raise it as it shows gillis is serious that we can run with both goalies.

Old
08-25-2012, 01:19 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:

Just watched that entire clip. Mad respect for Mark Cuban. I wish we had an owner or manager who would go out there and tell it like it is and call people on their ********. Alas, that really doesn't exist in the NHL (or most leagues to be honest...Cuban is one of a kind).

08-25-2012, 01:22 PM
vector209

Anytime that fool Bayless gets called out for the ignorant tool that he is, it's a good day. And I don't like Cuban either.

Old
08-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Nalyd Psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by west in the east View Post
That is amazing! Let's get Cuban to sit down with the media that covers the NHL.

Same could be said for many of the posts on here (I'm sure everyone has been guilty of it. Some more than others.) but those generalities are what the sheep eat up; either because of low intelligence or lack of knowledge about the game or sports in general. I like is point out, I love the comment about that guy giving the mavs absolutely no credit for shutting down LJ. Sounds very familiar to what we hear on here
Of course it happens here, but we are all amateurs. On TV they are paid experts and professionals, they ought to be held to a higher standard.

08-25-2012, 02:20 PM
The Poacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Just watched that entire clip. Mad respect for Mark Cuban. I wish we had an owner or manager who would go out there and tell it like it is and call people on their ********. Alas, that really doesn't exist in the NHL (or most leagues to be honest...Cuban is one of a kind).
Wow that was unreal, first time I've ever seen that. I give Cuban credit he knows the game really well.

Old
08-25-2012, 02:34 PM
JanBulisPiggyBack

Anybody else find it ironic this Luongo thread is called meltdown

Old
08-25-2012, 03:02 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanBulisPiggyBack View Post
Anybody else find it ironic this Luongo thread is called meltdown
I'm pretty sure that's a deliberate joke.

Old
08-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Huntershin Karuk
Bo Knows

I was thinking about when we got Luongo and I came to the conclusion that getting him allowed us to skip our down period. We should have crashed and burned after the WCE was done. That probably would have gotten us a Patrick Kane or a Drew Doughty to lead the way as a young stud for the next ten years going forward. Now we're starting to see the effects of what should have happened six years ago. We don't have that blue-chipper to take over for the Sedins.

Old
08-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Wisp

The Sedins are 31, not 37. Jeez.

They likely have quite a bit of shelf life left, and their will be more than a few opportunities to draft their successors during that period.

Last edited by Wisp: 08-27-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old
08-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Al Swearengen
Smug Nation National

Quote:

That was rad. Skip Bayless doesn't know why you play a zone.

Old
08-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!

Quote:

Mark Cuban, Stickin' it to the man.

Alright you guys threw me off topic, all of you, my office for interrogation.

And while you have me at off topic, this same guy (Skip) called out Derek Jeter yesterday and accused him of taking steroids. His reason, because he's having a good season.

Last edited by Royal Canuck: 08-27-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Closed Thread