HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

First time going to a Panthers game !!

Old
03-20-2014, 07:54 PM
FrenchHabs

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to FrenchHabs
First time going to a Panthers game !!

Hey all,

I'll be coming to Miami for the first time next week, and I can't go there without going to a hockey game at the BB&T Center. What would be the best seats in the house to enjoy the game and take great photos ?

Because of the boards, being too close to the action might be annoying to take pictures. As a consequence, I don't know where I should go premium lower bowl, lower bowl, lexus club, etc. What rows should be avoided because of glass obstructing the view ?

Also, are you allowed to take a DSLR camera in the arena, with a nice zoom ? I have a Canon 55D + 70/200 F4, which would be great to take great pics during the game.

Thanks a lot for your help

FrenchHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 08:09 PM
LUUUUUIS
#CatsAreComing

I like the ADT Club level, it's the seats in the 300s. Good view and easy access to food

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:05 PM
Gordonx11
#CatsAreComing

Congrats bro!! Hope you have fun and are more lucky than me. My first Panthers game was the 7-0 blowout in STL this season.

Gordonx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 11:10 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

After sitting in literally every section of the building, I found the sight lines are best in any of the 8 lower bowl center ice sections, between rows 14 and like 20. You can be heard from the stands and avoid the glass obstructions.

The section with the free food and drink is worth it if you're not driving...

Not so sure about a camera of significant size…an iPhone 5 would do you wonders especially during warmups.

What game are you thinking of going to?

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 02:11 AM
FrenchHabs

Send a message via MSN to FrenchHabs
I'll be going to the game on Saturday night against the Habs. There are quite a bit of tickets still available.

Should I buy parking also ? Coming from France, I'll rent a car for the week.$, and I don't know how hard it will be to find parking around the arena.

Thanks for the advice about the lower bowl center ice sections, rows 14 and 20. Isn't that part of the premium lower bowls ?

If anyone know about DSLR camera, that'd be very helpful.

FrenchHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 02:21 AM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Pirri for Cy Young

vCash: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchHabs View Post
I'll be going to the game on Saturday night against the Habs. There are quite a bit of tickets still available.

Should I buy parking also ? Coming from France, I'll rent a car for the week.$, and I don't know how hard it will be to find parking around the arena.

Thanks for the advice about the lower bowl center ice sections, rows 14 and 20. Isn't that part of the premium lower bowls ?

It'll be a near if not full sellout, it always is against the Habs. There will be plenty of Habs fans to keep you company, just try and not be an *******, be respectful/cool to Panthers fans.

Do not buy parking!!! it costs $20 bucks to park at the arena, but there is a huge mall (Sawgrass Mills) not even a 5 minute walk away, so if you park your car there and walk to the Panthers game you can save your money, as mall parking is free. The mall is also a good place to visit pre-game, it's got a lot of stores. Can't help you with the camera.

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 07:00 AM
WESEERED
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
For most events, at the request of promoters, artists and/or leagues, video cameras are not permitted. Regular, non-professional cameras may be permitted—please call 954.835.7000 to inquire about the camera policy for the event you are interested in.
Source: http://www.thebbtcenter.com/about/faq

WESEERED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 07:06 AM
IceManCat
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchHabs View Post

Yeah visit the Sawgrass Mall directly in front, it is big with a lot of stores to see. Don't pay for parking either, leave your car at the mall and walk on over to the arena. I have made the mistake of paying more for parking at the arena then for the actual tickets

IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 04:00 PM
Cyclones Rock

http://www.stubhub.com/florida-panth...-2014-4324372/

Here's the stubhub link for tix for the game.

I went to my first Panthers game Feb 27 vs. the Capitals. Parked in the Sawgrass Mall for free and got a nosebleed on stubhub for $7. Donated $131 to Palm Beach County for a speed trap on the way back to Sarasota that night. Guess it wasn't meant to be an almost free NHL experience

Enjoyed the BT&T Center. Nice facility.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote