HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

IF (I said if) there is a new proposal,

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-27-2005, 11:55 AM
  #1
DropThePuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Upland
Country: United States
Posts: 34
vCash: 500
IF (I said if) there is a new proposal,

....do the Kings stand pat or do pursue some of the remaining free agents?

DropThePuck is offline  
Old
01-27-2005, 12:13 PM
  #2
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
I would stand pat. This season isn't going to prove much, get higher daft picks, They'll fit into a cap nicely with all of their youth

 
Old
01-27-2005, 12:13 PM
  #3
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet
 
Dave in LA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
The kings are in a position of strength right now. From what I remember the payroll is at 28-29 mil. If the cap is set at 40 mil, they have 10 mil to work with.

They have a ton of top prospects they can deal to get a top center or a lot of help and they have money to spend.

This is what they were preparing for. It was obvious the last 2 years they were not going to compete. They tried going the cheap route by getting the likes of Ragamuffin.

I want to see their plan in action. I want to see this team contend for the Cup every year. I think it is going to happen with all the prospects they piled up and are developing at such high levels.

This is their time to take over as the Elite franchise in the NHL.

Dave

Dave in LA is offline  
Old
01-27-2005, 01:18 PM
  #4
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
I would stand pat. This season isn't going to prove much, get higher daft picks, They'll fit into a cap nicely with all of their youth
That's why you're the King!

__________________
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain
Legionnaire is offline  
Old
01-27-2005, 01:19 PM
  #5
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
That's why you're the King!
and that's why you're TIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAH!

 
Old
01-27-2005, 01:21 PM
  #6
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA
The kings are in a position of strength right now. From what I remember the payroll is at 28-29 mil. If the cap is set at 40 mil, they have 10 mil to work with.

They have a ton of top prospects they can deal to get a top center or a lot of help and they have money to spend.

This is what they were preparing for. It was obvious the last 2 years they were not going to compete. They tried going the cheap route by getting the likes of Ragamuffin.

I want to see their plan in action. I want to see this team contend for the Cup every year. I think it is going to happen with all the prospects they piled up and are developing at such high levels.

This is their time to take over as the Elite franchise in the NHL.

Dave
Won't it be counter productive having to deal our youth/prospects for a top center? Top centers are a rare commidty in the league and teams don't exactly give them up for chicken feed.

That's why I think KJ's plan is the best. If we end up with Crosby or Brule, then we have that problem solved and still have our youth.

Legionnaire is offline  
Old
01-27-2005, 02:05 PM
  #7
Kings86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Santa Monica
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
I'd still like to see them sign Ziggy (assuming it fits under any new agreement), although the bridges have probably already been burned at this point.

Kings86 is offline  
Old
01-27-2005, 02:15 PM
  #8
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings86
I'd still like to see them sign Ziggy (assuming it fits under any new agreement), although the bridges have probably already been burned at this point.
From DT's mouth.

We'll talk to him, but he wants way too much money

 
Old
01-27-2005, 03:16 PM
  #9
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet
 
Dave in LA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally posted by Legionnaire
Won't it be counter productive having to deal our youth/prospects for a top center? Top centers are a rare commidty in the league and teams don't exactly give them up for chicken feed.

That's why I think KJ's plan is the best. If we end up with Crosby or Brule, then we have that problem solved and still have our youth.
I am not saying trade all of the prospects. Not all of them are going to be able to play with the kings. I think once the kings are at the contending level they will pull the trigger. They are in a good position to upgrade their roster for next season.

Dave

Dave in LA is offline  
Old
01-27-2005, 03:35 PM
  #10
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA
I am not saying trade all of the prospects. Not all of them are going to be able to play with the kings. I think once the kings are at the contending level they will pull the trigger. They are in a good position to upgrade their roster for next season.

Dave
I don't think anyone has a problem trading some prospects once we are contending.
Reality is Palffy Allison and Deader are gone. Luc is 38, klatt is 33, Norstrom is 33, Miller is 33, Conroy is 33, Armstrong is 31.

If Allison and Deadmarsh had stayed healthy, the team had a chance to go deep in the playoffs. That time is over. it's time to build around Garon, Frolov, Camm, Brown, Gleason and Grebs. A few more prospects are close to being NHL ready.
The team should be built around them.

Tambellini is looking great, as is Pushkarev. Petiot is going to be a rock on D. Tukonen is looking promising. Kanko will be a solid second or third liner. Lehoux was having a great year and Boyle is starting to silence the critics

 
Old
01-27-2005, 04:07 PM
  #11
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,302
vCash: 500
Exactly. We're going to need all of those guys to fill holes in the next five years. Once we get to that point THEN we can start adding players through trades or free-agency.

Johnnaaaaahhhhh! How come you keep making double posts eh?

Legionnaire is offline  
Old
01-27-2005, 04:16 PM
  #12
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
errors! The board is slow!

 
Old
01-27-2005, 04:44 PM
  #13
Kingz4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
I think the KINGS will/should go after some free agents. It was pretty obvious they weren't going to rebuild before the lock out. I think they will have a payroll of around 40 million and so, after the roll back they will have A LOT of flexibilty. The KINGS will add ATLEAST 1 VERY good forward(Palffy, Demitra etc.,)

Kingz4life is offline  
Old
01-27-2005, 05:04 PM
  #14
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Boyle is starting to silence the critics
HEY WHO'S SILENT!!!

i STILL hold this guy has gota do something in BU, regardless of him being a "long term project". just tired of

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline  
Old
01-27-2005, 05:08 PM
  #15
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
HEY WHO'S SILENT!!!

i STILL hold this guy has gota do something in BU, regardless of him being a "long term project". just tired of
He's at BC, not BU

He's fourth on the team in scoring and tied for 2nd in goals

Patrick Eaves, F, Jr 21 11 19 30 1.43 0 2 6 0
Ryan Shannon, F, Sr 22 8 19 27 1.23 0 3 4 1
David Spina, F, Sr 22 9 8 17 0.77 0 3 1 1
Brian Boyle, F, So 22 9 5 14 0.64 0 1 7 0

Not bad stats

 
Old
01-27-2005, 05:19 PM
  #16
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,879
vCash: 500
he's doing better then last year, tha'ts always a great sign. a nd if he's on the upswing, that's even better. i have always maintained that he shows flashes of brilliance, but that is in between beign soft and not playing very strong. even steckel had flashes of brilliance, does that mean he's great? so lets hope he can play more consistent on that.

even though eh is a long term project, i still think we can expect a little more out of him in his sophmore year. the fact that he improved is great, but i still dont' think expecting him to ahve 18 points out of 22 games is expecting too much. just my thoughts.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline  
Old
01-27-2005, 05:47 PM
  #17
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
he's doing better then last year, tha'ts always a great sign. a nd if he's on the upswing, that's even better. i have always maintained that he shows flashes of brilliance, but that is in between beign soft and not playing very strong. even steckel had flashes of brilliance, does that mean he's great? so lets hope he can play more consistent on that.

even though eh is a long term project, i still think we can expect a little more out of him in his sophmore year. the fact that he improved is great, but i still dont' think expecting him to ahve 18 points out of 22 games is expecting too much. just my thoughts.
Sounds like he's starting to silence you

 
Old
01-27-2005, 09:22 PM
  #18
Venom_17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
There is very little chance that we will get Crosby or Brule. Despite Brule dropping in the rankings, I still think he will go second overall, maybe third. We are a team that continually misses the playoffs by a couple of spots. We never get the high picks. I think our last high pick was '97 when we took Jokinen. There is no reason to say that the next year we play will be any different. The fact of the matter is, we are better than we were at the start of the last season. We have upgraded goaltending, we added a decent second line center, and our young players are all much more ready. We didn't have Ziggy for most of last year, and we don't have him now.

What irks me is that we are always around the 8th playoff spot, or just out of the playoffs. The scouts and DT have done a highly commendable job for getting the prospects we do without ever having great drafting positions. I WISH we would either sign some players, fill out a possible cap, and challenge the Sharkies for the division, OR trade the vets and rebuild, looking for a couple of high picks over the next few years. Being stuck in the no-man's land of the NHL is painful as a fan of the team. We've been there for 7 years.

Venom_17 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.