HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Blackhawks - Fantasy Football

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2012, 08:18 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
I mean, I'm pretty aware that my team isn't great. I drafted a 2 headed monster in Jennings/Nelson and I don't see them panning out to anywhere close to where they were last year.

But to act like it was a fluke that I won a game where I put up 105 is so childish.

Old
10-10-2012, 08:27 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
It's not a fluke at all, like I said, I beat myself. I was stupid to start the guys I did, got a little blind sided that Hixon was starting. My fault, I start him, I win and he only got about 5 points. But whatever, I won't let that happen again, lesson learned. And as far as arrogance...the trash talking? This was billed as a trash talking league which was exciting to me but I'm the only one doing it. Yeah, sometimes you might get burnt on that. But jesus, you should see my other league, name calling, profanity by everyone...I mean, some really dirty stuff. I haven't participated much because it has just gone way too far and one guy got thrown out of the league and had his money refunded (I assume). But in this one, it's like a church group fantasy league...let's hear some confidence, some trash talk during the games, it's fantasy football for crying out loud, not a final exam or doing your taxes.

Old
10-10-2012, 09:21 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Sorry if I am talking up my team too much but it hasn't gotten one iota of respect from anyone. It's been laughed at, called complete garbage, no depth, etc. Well, we shall see is what I say because I've scored the most points and fact is, I gift wrapped that game to IU, dumb on me. But you have to recover and move on. James Jones is exactly what my team needed, he's played like a WR1 all year and Jennings doesn't look to be getting healthy any time soon. Just wish I had picked him up a week earlier but what can you do.
I'm just doing some good ol fashioned trash talk here, or trying to at least. Doesn't bother me that you talk your team up, at least you talk about it... unlike those 5 or so other bums who never even come say Hi in this thread.

Now I've heard it all. "James Jones is exactly what my team needed"

Never thought I'd hear that in a 10 team league... you're ****ed!

Old
10-10-2012, 09:34 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with trash talking. That's all I'm trying to do as well, so glad we're on the same page, I guess.

Old
10-10-2012, 09:37 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Quote:
It's not a fluke at all, like I said, I beat myself. I was stupid to start the guys I did, got a little blind sided that Hixon was starting. My fault, I start him, I win and he only got about 5 points.
So...if you started a guy who wasn't on your team, you would've won. Fair enough, I guess. However you want to look at it...

Old
10-10-2012, 09:42 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Cuz FTR, there's no one on your bench that could've won you that game.

Old
10-10-2012, 09:43 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
So...if you started a guy who wasn't on your team, you would've won. Fair enough, I guess. However you want to look at it...
All I wanted to do was start the guy who was starting in place of Nicks. I thought it would be Barden, hell, even the reporter interviewing Eli before the game thought it was Barden. He had started the week before and did really well. Turns out they started Hixon. But regardless of the name, could be Sam Samsonite, that's the guy I wanted in and unfortunately didn't get the news that Barden was going to be on the bench all night. I feel asleep before he even got a touch.

Old
10-10-2012, 09:55 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Well you didn't get the news because they didn't REPORT the news. That's what football teams do, this isn't baseball where teams name a lineup 5 hours ahead of time for the world to see.

In the end, you started the best player possible at kickoff of that game. Nobody knew that the Giants would go in a completely different direction...and that's what makes fantasy football fun.

So go ahead and call it a 'cheap win' for me all you want, but in the end, you started who everyone thought would be the best option and it didn't pan out. Just part of the game.

Old
10-10-2012, 10:04 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
I wonder who will get Alex Green.

Old
10-10-2012, 10:07 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Eskimo Bros won the claim.

Old
10-10-2012, 10:24 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
Quote:
Eskimo Bros won the claim.
I have no idea who that is here lol

Old
10-10-2012, 10:31 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Can't remember either.

Old
10-10-2012, 11:09 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
In my other league, I'm taking all of the bye week blow in one week, have Brees, Jones-Drew and Marshall on bye. So this is basically a hail mary to try to get a win. It's a 12 team league and most of the teams have carried 2 QBs all year. I have the rest of my roster planned out but I need to pick a QB.

Options are:

Fitzpatrick @ Arizona
Bradford @ Miami
Freeman vs. Kansas City
Weeden vs. Cincinnati
Sanchez vs. Indy

They're brutal, I know.

Right now, I'm leaning Freeman, followed by Fitzpatrick and Weeden. Weeden is a pretty interesting option. The guy is putting up big yardage every week and seems to be building a report with Gordon. He's probably has the best potential, biggest risk. Freeman seems like a really safe option that won't kill me nor will win the week for me. Fitzpatrick is the best player but he also faces the toughest D and has been inconsistent.

Thoughts?
Man, I am agonizing over this decision. I picked up Fitzpatrick but now I am thinking Weeden. Freeman, like him this week too, but the top end potential says Fitz or Weeden and I need to go for the best potential. I think that's Weeden.

Old
10-10-2012, 03:17 PM
madgoat33

vCash: 500
my team would look a lot better if ****ing forte was worth 2 *****. I expected around top 5 rb production from him, and instead, my second wheel, donald brown(who's now injured too), has outscored him. I knew I shouldn't have drafted him anyway though. I did it the year after his rookie year and got bit in the ass, I swore off him from then on, but then drank a little too much of the bears kool aid this offseason and got sucked right back into him. AP coming back strong so soon also ****ed me since my whole strategy of ride Gerhart while AP works himself back fell flat.

EDIT: On the bright side, in that vancouver canucks league I joined on nfl.com i'm holding it down for this subforum. Currently tied in first at 4-1.

Last edited by madgoat33: 10-10-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old
10-11-2012, 07:39 AM
coldsteelonice84

Well, I'm going with Weeden in my other league...yeah that's right, Brandon ****in Weeden. I would have went with Fitzpatrick if he didn't have 3 of his offensive linemen out but without them and a good Arizona pass rush and secondary on their home turf, the upside isn't there. With Weeden, he plays at home against a secondary that has only 1 INT and has allowed a lot more points. Weeden is underrated IMO, the guy has a cannon and outside of his first game, has played pretty well. I watched him last week, looked good, looks like he is starting to get it. The only reason people **** on this guy is because he is about to be 29. I need top end potential as I am fielding one of the worst lineups you are going to see and he provides that.

QB Weeden
RB Mendenhall
RB Martin
WR M. Williams
WR Crabtree
WR Hixon
TE Gates
DST Dolphins
K Gostkowski

Bench
Brees BYE
Jones-Drew BYE
Marshall BYE
Ballard (dropped DeAngelo for him, unconventional move for sure but Ballard is starting, DeAngelo is a good back but Carolina is a mess and refuses to run it, I just don't see how the guy was ever going to break my lineup and do anything. Considering starting him over Martin but they both have good matchups so probably will not)
Packers

I knew at the draft that this was going to be somewhat of a throwaway week to get rid of the byes, so I'm probably going to have the most fun watching this team this week, a win would just be ****ing amazing, you never know.

Old
10-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
I have no idea who that is here lol
That would be me, and my buddy Justin (who is a Sharks fan). We co-captain the team. I didn't love the pickup as I'm sure he's a timeshare, but I needed a warm body at RB.

Just dropping back in finally. I was out of the country at Oktoberfest in Germany so I haven't been keeping up on the posts (and BTW all of you should add Oktoberfest to your bucket list. It's a blast!). It's amazing how close this league is. 6 people at 3-2, 3 at 2-3 and the last at 1-4 which is still only 3 games back. No one is running away with this yet...

Old
10-11-2012, 09:39 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Just throwing this out there if it has any impacts on your leagues, don't think it does for ours... too lazy to look up right now.

Quote:
The NFL issued a stat correction Wednesday, awarding Ben Roethlisberger a touchdown pass on what had previously been ruled a lateral to Rashard Mendenhall.

Old
10-11-2012, 09:43 AM
coldsteelonice84

The ****, that better not **** up my ****.

Old
10-11-2012, 09:47 AM
coldsteelonice84

Checked, they've made the changes, did nothing, 6 vs. half dozen scenario. This only affects people who own / went against Big Ben.

Old
10-11-2012, 09:51 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

ndgt's pile up on me just got a little bit worse

Old
10-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Just throwing this out there if it has any impacts on your leagues, don't think it does for ours... too lazy to look up right now.

The NFL issued a stat correction Wednesday, awarding Ben Roethlisberger a touchdown pass on what had previously been ruled a lateral to Rashard Mendenhall.
Wow, this actually did have an impact in my main league. The guy who started Big Ben lost by a point, now he won by 5. (it helps me a bit because now I'm in sole possession of first place by a game, whereas before I was tied with the other dude). Pretty crazy.

Old
10-11-2012, 03:55 PM
coldsteelonice84

Yeah, you never get over a loss in these situations, just flat out devastating.

Old
10-11-2012, 04:02 PM
coldsteelonice84

Projection of my 122 to Toment's 121 but line had him laying 2 tenths. Who the hell knows anything other than this is one hell of a matchup between two heavyweights.

Old
10-11-2012, 04:23 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Acquired Graham and Marshall today for Bradshaw, D. Thomas, and Rudolph. Guy wanted RB help, told him I wasn't doing it without Graham coming back.

Old
10-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Acquired Graham and Marshall today for Bradshaw, D. Thomas, and Rudolph. Guy wanted RB help, told him I wasn't doing it without Graham coming back.
Who the hell is Graham?

Closed Thread