HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Leafs Lounge #74: Everything's Coming Up Millhouse!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-21-2012, 11:08 AM
  #151
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
Setting up for the music festival in my hometown this week. i think the oonly one who would like the music would be chuck.
Travis Tritt and Terri Clarke are headlining.

In the 3 short years of the festival we have had Paul brandt, Emerson drive, lonestar, Blake shelton, johnny Reid and many others.
Thats awsome!

I love Country Music Festivals!

Paul Brandt was really good live!

I wouldn't mind seeing Blake Shelton either!

Are you out in Havelock? I've got a cottage out there!

ChuckWoods is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 11:14 AM
  #152
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar
 
Schenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Huron County
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
Thats awsome!

I love Country Music Festivals!

Paul Brandt was really good live!

I wouldn't mind seeing Blake Shelton either!

Are you out in Havelock? I've got a cottage out there!
no, i help out with music in the fields. its just started in 2009. Same idea as havelock though. I have relatives who to havelock every year. It was last weekend i believe, wasn't it?

__________________
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82088&dateline=135762  5592
Schenn is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 11:22 AM
  #153
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,364
vCash: 500
I'll sign up after work too.

Hurt is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 11:59 AM
  #154
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,549
vCash: 500
Good to hear Chuckmeister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
Recovering from Eid food, and parties. It was pretty ****ing awesome.

I think I slept a combined 15 hours over the past 4 days

How about you?
I actually got some sleep last night due to dead business, which on one side sucks on the other awesome.

man i miss toronto, the eid parties were awesome, go into a food comma and then crap so bad because of all the junk food, complain non stop about it in high school while saying how we would do it again...even though i was hindu, going to those parties were like my pals coming to durga puja...god i gotta get out of freddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
oh sure invite them not me.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:05 PM
  #155
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Good to hear Chuckmeister!


I actually got some sleep last night due to dead business, which on one side sucks on the other awesome.

man i miss toronto, the eid parties were awesome, go into a food comma and then crap so bad because of all the junk food, complain non stop about it in high school while saying how we would do it again...even though i was hindu, going to those parties were like my pals coming to durga puja...god i gotta get out of freddy.



oh sure invite them not me.
are you signing up LR?

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:10 PM
  #156
kamosko
Ginger Jesus
 
kamosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Girouxsalem
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,385
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
Schools are typically pretty big places. It can't be that hard to hide from them, can it?
Hopefully, but there's like 15 of them going there this year lol

kamosko is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:16 PM
  #157
RaskY
Re-registered User
 
RaskY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,668
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko99 View Post
Hopefully, but there's like 15 of them going there this year lol
Start a mafia. You have enough people to start off with. The Kamosko Family. You guys will run **** in that school.

RaskY is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:22 PM
  #158
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,031
vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
are you signing up LR?
If he does, we could end up with a lot more people then 12.

__________________
http://i57.tinypic.com/28b4abo.jpg
DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:25 PM
  #159
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,549
vCash: 500
im skeptical to be honest....friends might become enemies due to foolish offers and also the time i usually invest in anything is a lot more than i should lol.

especially if it's a keeper league. if it was a normal league. i'd be in.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:25 PM
  #160
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
If he does, we could end up with a lot more people then 12.
16 would be ideal i'd think

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:26 PM
  #161
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,031
vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
im skeptical to be honest....friends might become enemies due to foolish offers and also the time i usually invest in anything is a lot more than i should lol.

especially if it's a keeper league. if it was a normal league. i'd be in.
Lol not sure what you mean, but alright..

DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:32 PM
  #162
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 17,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
im skeptical to be honest....friends might become enemies due to foolish offers and also the time i usually invest in anything is a lot more than i should lol.

especially if it's a keeper league. if it was a normal league. i'd be in.
Not gonna lie ive had some similar thoughts. I will still do it though, but I might not stick around if it turns into a big drama fest. Hopefully LL is above that crap .

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:33 PM
  #163
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,031
vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
Not gonna lie ive had some similar thoughts. I will still do it though, but I might not stick around if it turns into a big drama fest. Hopefully LL is above that crap .
This is what I'm thinking. The Lounge has some very knowledgeable people and are usually the voices of reason on this board. There's no one who is dramatic, except maybe Phion..

DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:33 PM
  #164
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
Not gonna lie ive had some similar thoughts. I will still do it though, but I might not stick around if it turns into a big drama fest. Hopefully LL is above that crap .
wont be a drama fest, well at least not from my part

it's just for fun/no money is in it so there shouldnt be any prblems

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:35 PM
  #165
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,031
vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
wont be a drama fest, well at least not from my part

it's just for fun/no money is in it so there shouldnt be any prblems
Yeah and if you start getting offers you don't like, you just ignore. Shouldn't be anything ridiculous though..

DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:41 PM
  #166
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Yeah and if you start getting offers you don't like, you just ignore. Shouldn't be anything ridiculous though..
yea, for sure

keep in mind that a Bieksa for Kessel swap is considered a fair-ish trade (maybe a + on Bieks)

Bieksa is a beast in H2H leagues.
40+ points, 100ish PIMS, 150+ Hits, 100+ blocks

meanwhile all Kessel has is
80+ points, age advantage

before making any trades ask for opinions, i will gladly tell you mine

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:43 PM
  #167
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,031
vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
yea, for sure

keep in mind that a Bieksa for Kessel swap is considered a fair-ish trade (maybe a + on Bieks)

Bieksa is a beast in H2H leagues.
40+ points, 100ish PIMS, 150+ Hits, 100+ blocks

meanwhile all Kessel has is
80+ points, age advantage

before making any trades ask for opinions, i will gladly tell you mine
We are looking for stat stuffers and not goal scorers.. Mike Brown is worthy of being drafted.

DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:45 PM
  #168
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
Not gonna lie ive had some similar thoughts. I will still do it though, but I might not stick around if it turns into a big drama fest. Hopefully LL is above that crap .
im still thinking that's for sure lol.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:46 PM
  #169
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 17,402
vCash: 500
I think it's very important that everyone has a good understanding of the stat categories before we start. I've never been in league where you have to win the most categories to get the win so that will take some getting used to. In my keeper we face a new team each week, and whoever has the most fantasy points at the end of the week gets the win.

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:47 PM
  #170
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
We are looking for stat stuffers and not goal scorers.. Mike Brown is worthy of being drafted.
maybe in a 30 team league haha.

but yea, make sure you look at all stats (yahoo is good for that) opposed to just point totals ...

guys like the Sedins/Kessel are very one-dimensional, and arent worth as much as a Brown/Lucic-type .. but of course it depends on how the rest of your team looks

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:48 PM
  #171
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
I think it's very important that everyone has a good understanding of the stat categories before we start. I've never been in league where you have to win the most categories to get the win so that will take some getting used to. In my keeper we face a new team each week, and whoever has the most fantasy points at the end of the week gets the win.
H2H is much easier to keep track of, much more basic for the newbies haha

once i start up the league on ESPN i'll tell you the stat categories

so far i think its going to be:
Skaters: Games Played/Goals/Assists/Points/Hits/Blocks/PIMS/SHTOI/PPTOI/+-/FOW
Goalies: Games Played/Wins/Save%/GAA/Shutouts

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:50 PM
  #172
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 17,402
vCash: 500
Mine is h2h. We just do fantasy point totals (takes into account goals, assists, wins, shutouts, saves, hits, pims etc) instead of categories

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:53 PM
  #173
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
Mine is h2h. We just do fantasy point totals (takes into account goals, assists, wins, shutouts, saves, hits, pims etc) instead of categories
not sure how to weight all of those things though, categories are easier to keep track of just in case, but when i set up the league i'll take a look

once you signup, take a look at these rules, see if there is anything im missing for now
http://z13.invisionfree.com/LLKL1/in...#entry22032654

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:55 PM
  #174
RaskY
Re-registered User
 
RaskY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,668
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
not sure how to weight all of those things though, categories are easier to keep track of just in case, but when i set up the league i'll take a look

once you signup, take a look at these rules, see if there is anything im missing for now
http://z13.invisionfree.com/LLKL1/in...#entry22032654
They would be weighted evenly, right ?

For example, if I had 20 goals, 30 assists, 14 wins, 3 shutouts, 190 saves, 45 hits, 22 PIMS, my total points would be 324?

RaskY is offline  
Old
08-21-2012, 12:58 PM
  #175
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaskY View Post
They would be weighted evenly, right ?

For example, if I had 20 goals, 30 assists, 14 wins, 3 shutouts, 190 saves, 45 hits, 22 PIMS, my total points would be 324?
no, goals would be 2, assists, 2, wins, 3ish, shutouts 5ish, saves 0.1ish, hits 0.1ish, pims 0.1ish

if it was weighted evenly then a guy like Cal Clutterbuck would put up more points than Crosby/Giroux.

which is why i like Categories, unless we can find a good scale system

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.