HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

wings defense

Old
08-21-2012, 08:27 PM
djdan6215

vCash: 500
wings defense

we are now six defense

1-kronwall
2-smith
3-white
4-quincey
5-ericsson
6-kindl

but if one of these defense have injury this year who are our next defense in order between :

brian lashoff,gleason fournier,max nicastro,adam almqvist

maybe the wings need to sign a couple of reserve defense ... maybe guys like matt lashoff ,dan jancevski,mark mitera,steve emiger...

djdan6215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Bench
Coffee. Pie. Owls.

They'll acquire another defender. Holland has been clear since the start of free agency he's wanted to add another guy.

If you believe the rumors, they have attempted to get JBo to round out the blueline. More realistic is they find a #6/7 guy in free agency or minor trade.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 08:31 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdan6215 View Post
we are now six defense

1-kronwall
2-smith
3-white
4-quincey
5-ericsson
6-kindl

but if one of these defense have injury this year who are our next defense in order between :

brian lashoff,gleason fournier,max nicastro,adam almqvist

maybe the wings need to sign a couple of reserve defense ...
Smith is not number 2 out of the gate, it would be nice if he gets there by the end of the season but I sure don't expect it. My guess is the top pairing will be Kronwall and Ericsson to start the season.

They will add another name before the season, think we are just waiting on the CBA on that. Now an interesting problem is like we saw with NBA players signing in China. Some of these guys might sign deals for the season in the KHL or other places in Europe. So waiting into a potential work stoppage could really strain who is available.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Kyleftlx
twitter*****/kyle_ftl

Send a message via MSN to Kyleftlx
I think Ian White is the number 2 out of the gate. Will he be paired with Kronwall? I don't know, probably not. I think you could see a Kronwall - White pairing on the PP/PK, though. It'll be tough to really gauge who plays on what pairing and who plays with who until the start of training camp.

I mean, Quincey, for example, he could be anywhere from a top pairing d-man in Detroit to a bottom pairing d-man... I think the only real definitive thing we know is that Kindl will be a bottom pairing guy, and Kronwall will be a top pairing guy. I don't think we know anything else. Smith very well may be on the top pairing with Kronwall, though I doubt it is that.

Kyleftlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 12:03 AM
garry1221

Send a message via AIM to garry1221
There's still defensemen on the market. I'm fairly confident that we'll sign at least 1. I agree with kyle that currently White is higher on the depth chart than Smith. I think we'll see Smith climb the chart fairly quick. With our current D, I could see him quickly becoming a fixture on the 2nd pair. In all honesty though, it's a crap shoot when guessing what the depth chart is finally going to look like

garry1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:19 AM
LeftBackLegend

vCash: 400
I don't think we'll sign anyone before the CBA has been sorted.

LeftBackLegend is offline   Reply With Quote