Notices

if sergei samsonov is looking for an invite to camp

Old
08-21-2012, 07:57 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

vCash: 500
if sergei samsonov is looking for an invite to camp

couldnt we use a guy like this? He is never going to be the ppg scorer that i thought hed become when we first drafted him and he is obviously small and older now... but this is a guy that got decent defensively over the years. He does have slick offensive skill. He doesnt cost alot on a cap hit.

Wouldnt this guy look pretty decent as our 13th forward to bounce around the bottom 2 lines if injuries hit?

Feels like we are missing the boat on this one if he does end up in Shark's camp instead of back home. Here is my vote for us to try to jump in and get involved on this opportunity

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 07:58 PM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Believe he's already accepted the Sharks offer to attend

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 08:19 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
couldnt we use a guy like this? He is never going to be the ppg scorer that i thought hed become when we first drafted him and he is obviously small and older now... but this is a guy that got decent defensively over the years. He does have slick offensive skill. He doesnt cost alot on a cap hit.

Wouldnt this guy look pretty decent as our 13th forward to bounce around the bottom 2 lines if injuries hit?

Feels like we are missing the boat on this one if he does end up in Shark's camp instead of back home. Here is my vote for us to try to jump in and get involved on this opportunity
Nothing against "Sami," but that page has been turned. Good luck to him.

GordonHowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Salem13

Guy was a shot or a pass away from being a legend...

...he just needed a finish to the stickhandle.

Salem13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 09:35 PM
UConn126
Bass Player.

I was rooting for this last summer when it was announced the B's had invited a veteran to camp.

This summer the prospect of it seems much less interesting, at least to me.

UConn126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 09:43 PM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

best of luck to sammy...would love to have him here as the 13th forward, but that is not happening. I hope he sticks in SJ and has a ton of success.

The Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 10:44 PM
BrainOfJ
Playoff Odds: 24.6%

No.

But we should really look at Glen Murray or Marco Sturm.

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 05:25 AM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
No.

is murray looking for a tryout? i think the dude got a bum rap when he was here and if it wasnt for his contract he was actually a damn useful guy to have around for PP trigger man. If he still had anything in the gastank id try him out. I think he retired due to injuries though...

as for sturm.. love his enthusism... love his overall well rounded game... he seems completely finished as an offensive threat but im not sure how his defensive game is holding up. Why not have him around for a 13th forward role if he does still know how to play smart defense and was willing to play for league minimum?

We could use a vet in tryout at league minimum to keep caron honest and challange bourque and macdermid for the 13/14th forward spots. im not saying hand the job to one of these 'suspects' but it wouldnt do any harm to try one out.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:22 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
is murray looking for a tryout? i think the dude got a bum rap when he was here and if it wasnt for his contract he was actually a damn useful guy to have around for PP trigger man. If he still had anything in the gastank id try him out. I think he retired due to injuries though...

as for sturm.. love his enthusism... love his overall well rounded game... he seems completely finished as an offensive threat but im not sure how his defensive game is holding up. Why not have him around for a 13th forward role if he does still know how to play smart defense and was willing to play for league minimum?

We could use a vet in tryout at league minimum to keep caron honest and challange bourque and macdermid for the 13/14th forward spots. im not saying hand the job to one of these 'suspects' but it wouldnt do any harm to try one out.
I didn`t think fans/Mngt or whomever gave here gave Murray a bum rap, I found most to be pretty appreciative of what he did in a Bruins uni, but injuries, coupled with that contract you mentioned were tough to swallow. In the end, he was always a good soldier who worked hard, kept his yapp shut and was/is a good guy off the ice too

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:53 AM
Fenian24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Believe he's already accepted the Sharks offer to attend
Awesome I can watch him in Worcester in the AHL where he belongs.

Was a good player once but has lost a full step or two and he never liked contact.

What I recall most vividly about Sergei is the rush down the left wing boards, see defenseman, curl back with puck, look to pass, duimp in corner,change. This bacame a very popular play with him his last couple years in Boston.

Fenian24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:12 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Loved Sammy, but that ship has sailed. I'm holding out hope on them bringing back Jason Allison though....

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:38 AM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenian24 View Post
Awesome I can watch him in Worcester in the AHL where he belongs.

Was a good player once but has lost a full step or two and he never liked contact.

What I recall most vividly about Sergei is the rush down the left wing boards, see defenseman, curl back with puck, look to pass, duimp in corner,change. This bacame a very popular play with him his last couple years in Boston.
To be fair, when you're the only player that crosses the blueline it's your only play. Those teams were pretty bad. He had a nice little run with Edmonton the year he was dealt, all the way to game 7 of the finals. Didn't he come back and burn us as a Hab, two goal game in Boston i believe.

Best of luck to him, nice to see he's giving it another go. Wouldn't really fit here though, not as a spare forward. He's not meant to play that role.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:58 AM
BrainOfJ
Playoff Odds: 24.6%

Quote:

Haha I was just kidding, I just never understood why we always want to bring back former players here. Murray was good no doubt, but the end was definitely the end, guy was clearly out of gas.

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:01 AM
ODAAT

Had fun watching him but nooooooooo thanks

Old
08-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Diskothek

Can't say I'd be against it as an injury call up but I thought he had already taken SJ's offer.

Diskothek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:41 AM
McKuato

Quote:
No.

Can't tell if you're serious....going to assume it's a joke in which case that's awesomely funny, if not, just..wow

McKuato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:42 AM
McKuato

Quote:
Haha I was just kidding, I just never understood why we always want to bring back former players here. Murray was good no doubt, but the end was definitely the end, guy was clearly out of gas.
should have read on. Awesome!!!1
Now the even funnier part is people getting on board with it

Old
08-22-2012, 09:54 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKuato View Post
should have read on. Awesome!!!1
Now the even funnier part is people getting on board with it
Some remember the highlights, forget about the Sammy he has been for years now who is a player who brings little to the table???

Been guilty of it myself in the past with more than a few players

Old
08-22-2012, 10:06 AM
duckchobbins

Sergei "All flash and no finish but I speak a bunch of languages" Samsonov.

Pass.

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 10:30 AM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Would rather just wait for his heir apparent: Koko

Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
Don't become Boston Weak: Try, then fry, Joker.
TheReal13Linseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 10:46 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Sammy was awesome back in his youth. He had close to 300 career points by the time he was 22 and was coming off back to back 70 point/29 goal seasons. He was the Tyler Seguin of the Bruins back in those days: young, flashy moves, popular with the fans, part of the cornerstone for the franchise. But that wrist injury ( which was an old injury that never healed properly ) derailed his career. He was never the same after that and the last couple of years, he's lost a step. It's too bad he never got to have the chance to have healthy prime years.

VeddarRants is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 10:50 AM
Fierce1

I liked Sammy but I'd rather see Knight, Spooner and Caron fighting for a spot and first in line for call ups.

Fierce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 11:00 AM
McKuato

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Some remember the highlights, forget about the Sammy he has been for years now who is a player who brings little to the table???

Been guilty of it myself in the past with more than a few players
I could see Sammy no problem, he could skate, had good hands, probably has enough skating ability to keep up with today's NHL, he had migraine / neck issues, not skill problems.

The part I found funny was Murray.
I don't for the life of me see why after all the changes and progress the B's have made to become a skilled possession team that plays with grit, why you would want a guy who couldn't keep up the last time he was here, can only shoot if set up perfectly, doesn't create his own offense and isn't physical.
Yikes just no, not as the 13th forward, not as the 23rd forward. That's why it had to be a joke.

Old
08-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce1 View Post
I liked Sammy but I'd rather see Knight, Spooner and Caron fighting for a spot and first in line for call ups.
Agreed, however to have as a guy as insurance, to sit in the box, i'd rather see him sitting up there then one of the above mentioned, not learning anything. On the ice though, give it to a young gun.

Bruins Stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Good luck to him, but I'd prefer to see our prospects who are more talented at this point get experience.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote