HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Looking back at the Quincy - Downie trade.

Old
08-21-2012, 03:34 PM
Ceremony
I wanted to accept

vCash: 20250
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 17 23 View Post
From an outside perspective it looks like a huge win for the Avalanche landing Downie for Quincey.

Tampa Bay made out better to by sending Quincey to the Red Wings, for a first round pick.

Downie > 1st Round Pick > Quincey
Outstanding username.

Also... this trade was amazing.

Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 09:18 PM
NHL33*

vCash: 500
I didn't have a problem with moving Quincey for Downie, though I said they'd have to replace Quincey long-term. They have in a sense with Zanon, though I don't think it's a full replacement for what Quincey could deliver (streakily).

The 1st round pick will probably end up being the best asset involved in the long-term.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 10:11 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

I'd much rather have the 2010 version of Quincey than any version of Downie over his career. But man did the 2010 version of Quincey fall off a cliff. Now there's no doubt in my mind I'd take Downie over Quincey at the moment.

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 10:20 PM
ABasin
Beer is good food

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterForsberg View Post
Was that trade good for Tampa, or the Avs? Opinions on it? I think it worked out for us. At first I was really pissed when I heard it, but it was an unexpected win for us.
Not really possible to tell at this point, IMO. Depends which players show up this season: The quite good Quincey from October-December, or that pile of dung that showed up in Detroit in March? And correspondingly, the Downie that showed up for his first 6-8 games in Colorado, or that psycho who loses his brain sometimes?

In general though, a 2nd pairing defenseman is more valuable to a hockey team than a 2nd line wing. The former are simply harder to find.

I think this question is best asked at the 40 game mark this upcoming season.

...if there is a 40 game mark this upcoming season.

-AB

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Cullen Bohannon

Loved the trade from the moment I heard it, just like the McGinn trade.

Cullen Bohannon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 11:18 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 125
Loved the trade. We got much needed help on wing, got rid of a guy who didnt want to be here and a guy who couldnt stay on his feet to save his life. 10 out of 10 times I make that trade

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
I think the real question of the trade is do you think Barrie/Elliott will be better than Quincey, because that's what it boils down to in the future for us.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
I think the real question of the trade is do you think Barrie/Elliott will be better than Quincey, because that's what it boils down to in the future for us.
or Gaunce. Quincey wasn't a PMD, but he wasn't a SaHD (Stay-at-Home-Defenseman) either. He was closer to a SaHD IMO, and that is why I think it is appropriate to include Gaunce here as well. Barrie/Elliott will probably bring a different kind of game and style to the roster than Quincey. I think Gaunce brings a more similar game to Quincey than the these other two from what I've heard. I haven't seen him play except for the brief stint he had here 10-11.

Nzap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 02:33 PM
BrickAHL
WOATalanche

I think Siemens has the closest playing style to Quincey compared to the rest of our prospects but he is still younger then the other guys so it will probably take him a while to "replace" Quincey. I think our best bet is to have Ryan Wilson "replace" Quincey.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
I think Siemens has the closest playing style to Quincey compared to the rest of our prospects but he is still younger then the other guys so it will probably take him a while to "replace" Quincey. I think our best bet is to have Ryan Wilson "replace" Quincey.
I agree this is how I kinda envision him. A little nastier though probably, and maybe a little less offense, but who knows.

Even though he may still be a little raw for the NHL, I think his game transitions the best to the NHL out of all the Avs prospects. Hopefully he takes bigger strides again this year with his overall game, and then maybe spends some time in the AHL next year.

Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote