HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Around the League 2012-12 I: Gary and Donald sitting in a tree

Old
10-17-2012, 07:10 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
I'm not sure there is any agreeing that needs to be worked on. I have a an unspoken contract with my employer. My employer pays me X amount of dollars and I show up and do work. The minute I think I deserve more I approach my boss and say so...my boss has the right to give me a raise or so no. If I don't get what I want, I'm free to go elsewhere to obtain what I'm worth. This is where Unions are terrible because they want contracts that are guaranteed regardless of the workers output.

NHL players are being paid sums of money I literally can't even comprehend to play a game. Sure...they are gifted and talented...but they are being paid not by the owners but by the fans. Now the fans want hockey...not in December, not next year...but damnit right now! There is no way for the players to come out of this in a positive light. They are over-paid, spoiled, rotten little ******** that need to be taught a lesson.

The owners are a bunch of arrogant self-absorbed ******** that don't need hockey to make a living and don't understand it at a fan-level and also need to be taught a lesson.

There really is only one issue. Do we play the game or not. So far both sides have said, "No."

There are no winners...only losers.

As for ancillary issues...do you really think Wade Redden was hurting that bad by playing in the AHL for his NHL contract? Me neither.

No if you want a real issue...how about concussions and how to avoid them or make them better. Unfortunately making it better rests in the medical field...not in a CBA. How to avoid them? Well that is something that could and should be debated a lot more than is a 50/50 split of HRR good enough. That actually involves rules, a change in equipment and hopefully...someday a better helmet or treatment.

Wow...that probably came across more harsh than I intended (at least at you.) So I will now ask you or anyone else that is willing to answer...what specific issues do you think need to be addressed and why do you think they are important enough for the PA to not sign this deal today?

I think you're underestimating the amount of fine print, or nuance in a legal contract that governs an entire major sports league. Things like the details of the revenue sharing pool, or other factors that could change the actual value of the split in HRR from 50/50 to 55/45 in favor of the owners.

Plus the five year max on contracts is no small issue. For players that could suffer career limiting injuries, this takes away a lot of security in terms of both dollar and stability for their family.

It's not as simple as, "oh this says 50/50, deal!"

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 07:29 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
[/B]

I think you're underestimating the amount of fine print, or nuance in a legal contract that governs an entire major sports league. Things like the details of the revenue sharing pool, or other factors that could change the actual value of the split in HRR from 50/50 to 55/45 in favor of the owners.

Plus the five year max on contracts is no small issue. For players that could suffer career limiting injuries, this takes away a lot of security in terms of both dollar and stability for their family.

It's not as simple as, "oh this says 50/50, deal!"
I imagine this is something we'll never see eye to eye on...which is really what this whole lockout is about. Players think they are entitled to more and owners think they are entitled to less. I can't think of many industries where the workers get paid close to 50% of gross profits. I understand the uniqueness of sports but all things considered, 60/40, 50/50, 57/43...it's not really that life altering for any of the players involved. The only thing on hold here is the fan's who want to pay money to watch games. On the other hand, the owners are asked to cover all costs associated with the game.

If the players are really dedicated to sharing they should be negotiating off of net profits, not gross. How does a 50/50 split on net sound? It would still be a hell of a lot more than most of us make.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 08:55 PM
clatchie

vCash: 450
Quote:
I'm not sure there is any agreeing that needs to be worked on. I have a an unspoken contract with my employer. My employer pays me X amount of dollars and I show up and do work. The minute I think I deserve more I approach my boss and say so...my boss has the right to give me a raise or so no. If I don't get what I want, I'm free to go elsewhere to obtain what I'm worth. This is where Unions are terrible because they want contracts that are guaranteed regardless of the workers output.

NHL players are being paid sums of money I literally can't even comprehend to play a game. Sure...they are gifted and talented...but they are being paid not by the owners but by the fans. Now the fans want hockey...not in December, not next year...but damnit right now! There is no way for the players to come out of this in a positive light. They are over-paid, spoiled, rotten little ******** that need to be taught a lesson.

The owners are a bunch of arrogant self-absorbed ******** that don't need hockey to make a living and don't understand it at a fan-level and also need to be taught a lesson.

There really is only one issue. Do we play the game or not. So far both sides have said, "No."

As for ancillary issues...do you really think Wade Redden was hurting that bad by playing in the AHL for his NHL contract? Me neither.

No if you want a real issue...how about concussions and how to avoid them or make them better. Unfortunately making it better rests in the medical field...not in a CBA. How to avoid them? Well that is something that could and should be debated a lot more than is a 50/50 split of HRR good enough. That actually involves rules, a change in equipment and hopefully...someday a better helmet or treatment.

Wow...that probably came across more harsh than I intended (at least at you.) So I will now ask you or anyone else that is willing to answer...what specific issues do you think need to be addressed and why do you think they are important enough for the PA to not sign this deal today?
You have a spoken contract with your employer, which is fine. I have a written one with mine and the business I'm working for is changing hands. My job is protected under TUPE regulations and I am entitled to retain my wage. Any new employer may not give me a maycut.

Now, whether the league has a right to force a paycut on the players or not isn't up for debate. The contract has expired and terms have been drafted, but for the league to function players need to agree to it. The players also have a right to negotiate the best possible deal for themselves.

Want hockey? Watch the ECHL, AHL, CHL, college hockey, whatever. The quality isn't that bad. They're the winners here and I hope it generates first-time fans because of cheaper tickets or whatever else. Personally, I watch for the love of the sport, not for a love of a particular league or team.

While watching, grab a beer and enjoy the atmosphere, safe in the knowledge that everything you mentioned after that is already dealt with quite regularly. See also: the crack down on dangerous hits, which Shanahan has done quite a good job of.

Oops I missed your final question.

Revenue sharing being structured in a way that actually assists the struggling franchises with generating revenue for themselves is the first issue I can think of. As that's partially going to be money the NHL is taking way from the NHLPA that's a pretty important economc discussion, rather than one based on salary alone.

Last edited by clatchie: 10-17-2012 at 09:03 PM.
clatchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 1100
Quote:

You haven't expatriated far enough. "Unspoken contract"? *******....

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Hanklite*
Bettman's Bro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clatchie View Post
Hank/rock, I'm a tiny bit out of the loop so I don't know who originally leaked it... enlighten me please? Either way, my point was that the bolded is right irrespective of who is saying it, the split could be 60/40, 50/50 or 40/40 with some insane gift of 20% to charity. With it being 50/50, people are jumping straight to "agree now!" while ignoring other issues that need working on.
It was leaked via various media sources. Whether the media got it from the NHL or the PA is not clear. But anyways, the NHL just wanted everybody to see the actual numbers and not the PAs spin on it. It was a smart PR move, and not harmful to the negotiating process. They didn't throw out any accounting info that both sides need to speak of internally.

Hanklite* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 11:30 AM
clatchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanklite View Post
It was leaked via various media sources. Whether the media got it from the NHL or the PA is not clear. But anyways, the NHL just wanted everybody to see the actual numbers and not the PAs spin on it. It was a smart PR move, and not harmful to the negotiating process. They didn't throw out any accounting info that both sides need to speak of internally.
Ah, ok thanks. I thought it had been leaked from the NHLPA side for sure so was pretty confused since I couldn't find anything.

Old
10-18-2012, 04:47 PM
jonesin 4 jones

Q: from Fehr "What do the owners offer in return?"

A: How about a job.

Seriously, this is stupid. The players are making millions already, they're crying about pennies basically. The owners OWN the damn team, they should be able to do what they want with the team and the financial processes of it. It is not the player's team, it is the owners. The players are simply employees playing a damn game and making more in a year at league minimum than a person with a decent paycheck makes in five years. The owners offer a pretty fair deal that would be incredibly lopsided in any other industry. The players are just being whiny crybabies.

On the other hand, I do agree with the players in one aspect. I believe the owners should fully live up to the contracts that they gave out and be men of their words. That's the whole definition of a contract, no? An agreement of payment for services given. Everything else I am with the owners.

Accept a deal that the owners gave with tweaks to max contract length (6 or 7) and fully guarantee the contracts already given and be happy you make a **** ton of money for something everyone else pays money to do.

Not as long as a rant as I was wanting, I suck at writing and details and crap like that.

jonesin 4 jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 05:05 PM
BoxOfChocolates

**** the NHLPA

BoxOfChocolates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Drizzt1

I'd rather watch guys with less talent, but more heart for the game play than this current mob. I know that sounds harsh, but I'm over it.

Hockey is about passion, community and team spirit. The NHLPA and its players are stripping that sentiment away.

Sydney Crosby is going to earn 32,876 every day, 7 days a week in 2013/2014, and I note he's always front and centre in these meetings.

Maybe he should head to the docks, to help move containers 5 days a week for 40k per annum, or 109 per day?

The NHLPA really don't want a deal, unless they predominantly get their own way, and if they don't, they'll throw all the toys out of their cot and cry, cry, cry.

Drizzt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 05:32 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
I find it quite funny some posters are ripping the players. These guys are taken away from their families for most of the year, they've made sacrifices since their amateur careers. They're allowed to accept or decline what ever they want.

I like how now hockey is about "community" and "passion" but when players get traded oh it's a business... sorry. Same thing happens when a players asks for a trade it's blasphemy but teams are allowed to trade away players at will.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hating the lockout but the players( as well as the owners) should try to get the best offer they can. They should think what best for themselves and not what's best for the "bummed out" fans.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Drizzt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
I find it quite funny some posters are ripping the players. These guys are taken away from their families for most of the year, they've made sacrifices since their amateur careers. They're allowed to accept or decline what ever they want.

I like how now hockey is about "community" and "passion" but when players get traded oh it's a business... sorry. Same thing happens when a players asks for a trade it's blasphemy but teams are allowed to trade away players at will.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hating the lockout but the players( as well as the owners) should try to get the best offer they can. They should think what best for themselves and not what's best for the "bummed out" fans.
Firstly, if you don't want to get traded, build in a no move / no trade clause. There aren't many careers that allow that.

Secondly, at my job, I spend most of the day at work, and a few hours per night at home with my missus. BUT, I also work 48 weeks a year. The players work (especially Avs) from October through March (6 months), then get around 16-18 weeks with their families before training starts again.

Like I say, throughout that period, guys like Crosby will be getting 32,876 PER DAY. I don't feel sorry for them.

They are getting paid to do the thing they supposedly love through their talent. There are those dying to break into the NHL but can't - hey, I'd love a shot. I'm sure you would too.

Get on the ice, and ****.

Old
10-18-2012, 05:51 PM
jonesin 4 jones

Quote:

Oh waaahh they're away from their families. Don't tell me you wouldn't do that too if you were making a couple million per year with an entire offseason off and at home.

Yes they are able to decline the offers, they just won't get any money. Which is better, $15 per hour with a steady job or making no money while arguing to make $17 per hour?

And as someone else had mentioned, these players are getting paid by the fan's money. WE pay to go watch them and that money goes to them. It's just kinda stupid that this has to be a war and political debate in the attempt to sway public opinion. At least one of the political debates will end in November (for us Americans).

Old
10-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Drizzt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesin 4 jones View Post
Oh waaahh they're away from their families. Don't tell me you wouldn't do that too if you were making a couple million per year with an entire offseason off and at home.

Yes they are able to decline the offers, they just won't get any money. Which is better, $15 per hour with a steady job or making no money while arguing to make $18 per hour?

And as someone else had mentioned, these players are getting paid by the fan's money. WE pay to go watch them and that money goes to them. It's just kinda stupid that this has to be a war and political debate in the attempt to sway public opinion. At least one of the political debates will end in November (for us Americans).
Not trying to change the subject of your post mate, but I have to add, lovin your tweets

Old
10-18-2012, 05:56 PM
jonesin 4 jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt1 View Post
Not trying to change the subject of your post mate, but I have to add, lovin your tweets
You love all three of my tweets? I'm flattered!!!

Sorry you must have me confused with someone.... Not really a twitter person.

Old
10-18-2012, 06:13 PM
clatchie

Speaking of making family sacrifices... I've gotta hand it to Anthony Stewart, he missed his son's first birthday to make it to Nottingham for their first game. That's slightly off topic though.

Old
10-18-2012, 06:24 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:

Yes they are able to decline the offers, they just won't get any money. Which is better, $15 per hour with a steady job or making no money while arguing to make $17 per hour?

If I was talented enough of course but it doesn't make it easier and it's not just being taken away from family, they make quite a bit of other sacrifices such as going on strict diets and training regimes.

...again they don't get the whole offseason off many players say hockey now is a year round job. Considering all the time and effort they're at the job trying to keep up in shape.

They're not fighting over 2$ they're fighting over millions of dollars. What's better for me right now, might not be down the road.

Strikes happen in the work place, how is hockey or any other sport different? Being an athlete is a job, they play for the money the other stuff is a bonus. Fans should stop playing the victim because if you were in their shoes you would be acting the same way. If you don't like it that hockey that is corrupt by money then I suggest you watch juniors.(not at anyone specific)

Old
10-18-2012, 06:35 PM
jonesin 4 jones

The last thing was about a 12% price deduction. 12% of 17 is about 2, give or take. My point still stands. Either way it just sucks for all of us.

Edit: Ok yes strikes to happen. But this isn't 1920, we shouldn't be having strikes happen every 7 years.

Year round job maybe. Do they get their 40 hours per week like the rest of us? It doesn't seem likely to me. There's hundreds of players out there, but there's millions of other people who are in incredible shape too that also have their full time jobs. They eat a strict diet? How many people trying to lose a couple pounds do anything differently? We live in a blameful society so of course everyone is at fault and everyone is a victim. But we are not standing in their shoes so who's to say we would for sure do the same thing. That just generalizes us fans and the players too much.

I've come around in the last couple months to the idea that EVERY professional athlete is not worth what they get.

Last edited by jonesin 4 jones: 10-18-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old
10-18-2012, 07:06 PM
electricjib

Quote:

Who cares...they're a bunch of babies...I've been married for a year and home for a month since i've been married. The players can **** **. I make maybe $150 a day when i'm full time.

If your going to whine over the amount the players are whining over when none of there offers were even 50/50 by technicality, *********. Even Fehr said he didn't do the numbers on the 3rd offer. Players are talking a game they haven't even done the math on.

Last edited by Frenchy: 10-18-2012 at 07:18 PM. Reason: some part wasnt necessary
electricjib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
First off, hockey players don't have a responsibility to the fans. Sorry. We choose to spend our money on them, and the provide us with a good. They don't owe a single thing to the fans. We are already engaged in a fair exchange (money for entertainment), so to think that somehow there is some "debt" to the fans is absurd.

Secondly, it's not the players (or anyones) job to save the 82 game (or really, any of the) season. Their job is to get what they feel they deserve, not to hurry up and get this done.

Third, we've created this whole platonic ideal of "the game", and somehow both the owners and the players are supposed to protect and be for the mythical "game". No they aren't, there is no responsibility these guys have to the game of hockey, no more than an accountant has responsibility to his employer beyond what he is paid for.

Lastly, professional athletes are worth what the market dictates. If they didn't provide so much value to so many people, well then we wouldn't pay so much into the system and thus, they wouldn't get paid as much.

Helton4Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 07:36 PM
jonesin 4 jones

Yes Alex, you are right. I guess they just won't get paid. I guess us fans can just keep our hard earned money and put it to better use.

Old
10-18-2012, 07:37 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
I understand your view, but I cannot side with the PA because of Fehr and how arrogant some the of the players been. I also understand that both sides are trying to get the best deal, but what has the players done to end this? They keep denying to negotiate, they keep denying to proposal anything new or build on what the NHL is trying to do. Bettman and Daly have been the only ones trying to end this effin disgrace of a lockout, but what have the PA been doing? To me I get the sense that Fehr doesn't give a damn about hockey and that is why he's playing the waiting game, true he is trying to do his job and get the best deal for them, but he doesn't mind locking out the whole year to get his side. While you have effin players going out being disrespectful to Bettman like Liles did, but yet getting million dollar contracts. I have no sympathy to people who get multimillion dollar contracts for plain a childhood game.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 08:23 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:

Year round job maybe. Do they get their 40 hours per week like the rest of us? It doesn't seem likely to me. There's hundreds of players out there, but there's millions of other people who are in incredible shape too that also have their full time jobs. They eat a strict diet? How many people trying to lose a couple pounds do anything differently? We live in a blameful society so of course everyone is at fault and everyone is a victim. But we are not standing in their shoes so who's to say we would for sure do the same thing. That just generalizes us fans and the players too much.

I've come around in the last couple months to the idea that EVERY professional athlete is not worth what they get.
I think it's quite likely considering game time, travel, practices,morning skates and workout training.

People who are in great shape do it because they like, similar to a hobby more or less for the fun of it. PLayers are forced to do it, it's required by their job.

We all love hockey( any sport really) but how many of you after playing a really crappy game think to yourself this isn't fun anymore and you take some time off playing? Imagine a player doing that? This isn't a game anymore to these people it's their job now.

Who are we to say "shut up, you're overpaid anyway" be happy with what you have? If someone is dumb enough to give me more then hell yes, I'll fight for it. You're kidding yourselves if you think you would as well.

Welcome to the real world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricjib View Post
Who cares...they're a bunch of babies...I've been married for a year and home for a month since i've been married. The players can **** **. I make maybe $150 a day when i'm full time.

If your going to whine over the amount the players are whining over when none of there offers were even 50/50 by technicality, *********. Even Fehr said he didn't do the numbers on the 3rd offer. Players are talking a game they haven't even done the math on.
It's you're not your.

You can insult me all day, it doesn't change the fact that this is a business and the players are just looking out for themselves.(who else would?)

There is more to the CBA than a 50/50 splite.

If you don't like how much you're spending away from your family and the amount you make take it up with your union... if you have one. This isn't the players fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
First off, hockey players don't have a responsibility to the fans. Sorry. We choose to spend our money on them, and the provide us with a good. They don't owe a single thing to the fans. We are already engaged in a fair exchange (money for entertainment), so to think that somehow there is some "debt" to the fans is absurd.

Secondly, it's not the players (or anyones) job to save the 82 game (or really, any of the) season. Their job is to get what they feel they deserve, not to hurry up and get this done.

Third, we've created this whole platonic ideal of "the game", and somehow both the owners and the players are supposed to protect and be for the mythical "game". No they aren't, there is no responsibility these guys have to the game of hockey, no more than an accountant has responsibility to his employer beyond what he is paid for.

Lastly, professional athletes are worth what the market dictates. If they didn't provide so much value to so many people, well then we wouldn't pay so much into the system and thus, they wouldn't get paid as much.
Pretty much nailed it AJ

Quote:
Yes Alex, you are right. I guess they just won't get paid. I guess us fans can just keep our hard earned money and put it to better use.
That's wishful thinking but I for one would love for this to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I understand your view, but I cannot side with the PA because of Fehr and how arrogant some the of the players been. I also understand that both sides are trying to get the best deal, but what has the players done to end this? They keep denying to negotiate, they keep denying to proposal anything new or build on what the NHL is trying to do. Bettman and Daly have been the only ones trying to end this effin disgrace of a lockout, but what have the PA been doing? To me I get the sense that Fehr doesn't give a damn about hockey and that is why he's playing the waiting game, true he is trying to do his job and get the best deal for them, but he doesn't mind locking out the whole year to get his side. While you have effin players going out being disrespectful to Bettman like Liles did, but yet getting million dollar contracts. I have no sympathy to people who get multimillion dollar contracts for plain a childhood game.
I'm not siding on anyone SEPH, I'm just seeing it for the way it is. All the people involved just want more money and honestly who can blame them?

I doubt Fehr or Bettman give a dame about hockey, neither are hockey men they're businessmen. Bettman didn't mind holding out for a year for what he and the owners wanted, Fehr and the players are doing this time around.

I will say this tho, I hope the players get what they want.

Old
10-18-2012, 08:46 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Also D2M I am not on the owners side because I think they're being greedy as well, I would consider myself on Bettman/Daly team. But again I hate the PA more than I side with the owners, I hope we can have hockey as soon as we can with a hard cap in place, but at the same time I hope the players get creamed.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Foppa2118

I don't know what to make of today's dealings. Bettman and the league apparently met with the PA for only an hour today, and reportedly rejected all three deals within 15 minutes, and then went to the press saying it was nowhere near 50-50 and that it was a step backwards.

The only thing, along with the leaked 50-50 deal from the Owners, sounds like another silly game Bettman is playing. It just seems like his plan all along was to reject whatever the PA put in frnit if him and act like the PA is at fault now.

I mean how could it be no where near 50=50 and a step back? He didn't even say what the PA's offer was either. They had 57% last year. Their previous offer worked down to 50-50 and wasn't that far off in average, and I'm sure the PA must have moved at least a little off that. How could it be nowhere near 50-50.

Quite playing f' n games, and just stay in the room and negotiate, instead of rejecting three offers in 15 minutes, and storming out like a baby in an hour. Talk it out instead of posturing with the media for one godd*amn day.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 09:41 PM
chet1926

Quote:

Excuse me for not feeling a bit pissed at the NHLPA. They are grown-ups making millions to play a kids game that they love for a living and they are crying poor.

They made a choice to go play in the NHL, you are right there is a lot of travel and they have to be away from their families a lot, but guess what they made that decision. No one is holding a gun to their heads and telling them they have to play. If its so bad quit a get a different job. There are lots of everyday Joe's that have to travel a lot for a living. For example my sister is auditor for a major company. She has a husband and a kid, and she is on the road 2 weeks every month. And she sure as hell doesn't make over a million a year and works considerably harder than any NHLer, but she does it so her family can have a decent life, and she knows that if she doesn't want to do that anymore or she thinks she is being used by her employer she needs to quit and find something else.

I work my butt off every single day I work at minimum 50 hr weeks which is way more than any NHLer works, I don't make a ton of money, but I don't complain. I sure as hell, do what my bosses tell me to do. If I want a raise I go talk to my boss and he has the right to say yes or no. If he says no, I don't get to go on strike. My choices are deal with it or quit.

So sorry if I don't sympathize with the players. All them have better lives than 99.9% of us, but yet they still complain. I don't know how any of us could side with the players at this point. Think about this way even if they had to take a 15% pay cut (this would never happen) players like Matt Duchene would still make 5.95 Million on his contract instead of 7 Million. I don't know about you but I could retire at age 26 and never work again on almost 6 Million. Plus you think back to his last contract and at age 21 he has probably banked over 12M by the age of 21. Yeah I feel real sympathy. even like Cody McCleod have probably banked 5M over his career.

At this point the players are coming off as arrogant punks who are being fed poor information from a chump leader. The even sadder part is the NHLPA is being fed even worse information from probably 50 or so players (the highest paid players like Crosby and Toews). The lockout isn't going to affect them like it is a player like Cody McCleod. I guarantee you players like him are fuming mad, because they just want to play and get paid their checks because they "need" the money more. If players like McCleod were at these meetings a a deal would have been struck by now.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote