HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League 2012-12 I: Gary and Donald sitting in a tree

Old
12-29-2012, 03:25 PM
Bonzai12

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
The owners have consistently made concessions in the interest of trying to get a deal done and all the players have done is tell everyone how mistreated they are.

The most current offer on the table is probably the best offer that any major sport has. I'd say this offer, offers more to the players than either the NFLs or NBAs most current deals offer and the players would be incredibly stupid to just throw this one out.

I blame so much of it on Fehr. Whatever he's selling to the players, they are buying it without pause. Who knew NHL players were so gullible?

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
I blame so much of it on Fehr. Whatever he's selling to the players, they are buying it without pause. Who knew NHL players were so gullible?
Gullible? Lmao the offers from the NHL are getting better, I wish I had someone like Ferh fighting for me to get more $$$. If that makes gullible, ill take it.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Freudian
Deja vu again?

vCash: 574
Quote:
After sitting out a whole year only to accept a cap and a rollback, find they like the new system so much that they choose to use their option to extend it by a year last year and still hire Fehr to fight the owners tooth and nail while losing $750M in salaries? I'm not sure Fehr has to do much of a sales jobs here. The players are so freaked out about not backing down this time that they are willingly going into this.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 03:58 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Gullible? Lmao the offers from the NHL are getting better, I wish I had someone like Ferh fighting for me to get more $$$. If that makes gullible, ill take it.
But you're not a player, you're a fan getting screwed by Bettman's "reject all policies" and Fehr's, "we will fight this until we have no cap and propose the same proposal more than twice" drama-land. I am a big supporter of the cap and if it's Fehrs idea or mission to take it away, then I cannot be on the players side.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Ad break
Erik Karlsson has become my favorite player outside the Avs.
Ad break ends

Nzap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
But you're not a player, you're a fan getting screwed by Bettman's "reject all policies" and Fehr's, "we will fight this until we have no cap and propose the same proposal more than twice" drama-land. I am a big supporter of the cap and if it's Fehrs idea or mission to take it away, then I cannot be on the players side.
I am a fan but by no means I'm I getting screwed over, these players and owners don't owe me anything.

Short of getting the best deal for his clients, I don't know what Ferh's end game is. What I have a problem is when people start calling player stupid, gullible or selfish, when if they were in the players position they would do the same.

I could take or leave the cap. TBH.

Old
12-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Quote:
I am a fan but by no means I'm I getting screwed over, these players and owners don't owe me anything.

Short of getting the best deal for his clients, I don't know what Ferh's end game is. What I have a problem is when people start calling player stupid, gullible or selfish, when if they were in the players position they would do the same.

I could take or leave the cap. TBH.
That's what i'm affraid since Fehr is in charge of the PA , he has in mind to get rid of the cap and what's worts is that i heard about it on the news too . They said on the news a long time ago that since fehr is comming from the MLB and they have no cap that it's a model that he wants for the NHL.

He even said himself once : Look in Baseball everything is fine and they didnt have any strike/lockout sice 94 ... Well the problem with a NHL without a cap would be just like in Baseball . The same few teams always on top and the rest of the league would act like farm teams... sure it's working Donald

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Drizzt1

Quote:
Ok, so they make 50% of their salaries this year due to the disagreement (at a minimum now), and get a % of the "revenue" going forward, which may, or may not be heavily adversely affected with many fans being driven away from the game.

Tell me, if your say Chuck Kobasew, with a huge mortgage on a condo in say Denver, when your in the bottom 10% paid of the league, your happy with the mechanations from Fehr?

Yep, I can understand your view point from say a Crosby or Erhoff standpoint, but seriously, while he may have helped the rich get richer, the NHLPA may have destroyed some low income earning lives with their "hard nosed" stand.

Is there any reason the ideal of dissolving the NHLPA has come to pass? I think so.

Drizzt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 11:42 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

NHL will become the NBA without the cap. I'm not interested in following a league where you can pin-point playoff finalists before the season even starts.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 11:49 AM
Ceremony
I wanted to accept

vCash: 20250
Quote:
I've been thinking for a while about how to respond to this, but I'll keep it simple.

You are getting screwed over. Everyone is. The first priority is to play hockey, and if they aren't then they have failed.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 12:46 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
All of you dudes spend a substantial amount of time following the sport, supporting it, watching it on TV and boosting ratings, and in some cases directly funding the league/team/players via merchandise or ticket revenue. When this is all over with, you're going to be the ones who actually may watch again. It's not going to be the casual fan coming back to the game.

They do owe you something for that. Unless you just absolutely have zero care in how you spend your time or $$$.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 03:12 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt1 View Post
Ok, so they make 50% of their salaries this year due to the disagreement (at a minimum now), and get a % of the "revenue" going forward, which may, or may not be heavily adversely affected with many fans being driven away from the game.

Tell me, if your say Chuck Kobasew, with a huge mortgage on a condo in say Denver, when your in the bottom 10% paid of the league, your happy with the mechanations from Fehr?

Is there any reason the ideal of dissolving the NHLPA has come to pass? I think so.

Considering the vote the pa had, the players are more than united.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
NHL will become the NBA without the cap. I'm not interested in following a league where you can pin-point playoff finalists before the season even starts.
So, you weren't an NHL fan before 05?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
I've been thinking for a while about how to respond to this, but I'll keep it simple.

You are getting screwed over. Everyone is. The first priority is to play hockey, and if they aren't then they have failed.
Nope, they don't owe me anything. Their first priority is to get paid the amount they think they deserve.

Quote:
All of you dudes spend a substantial amount of time following the sport, supporting it, watching it on TV and boosting ratings, and in some cases directly funding the league/team/players via merchandise or ticket revenue. When this is all over with, you're going to be the ones who actually may watch again. It's not going to be the casual fan coming back to the game.

They do owe you something for that. Unless you just absolutely have zero care in how you spend your time or $$$.
Nobody, is forcing me to shell out my cash, I do it because I love the game. They're not playing so my money is still in my pocket. No foul no harm. It's not like I'm paying for something that I'm not getting.

Old
12-30-2012, 03:27 PM
Rhaego

Bryzgalov is leaving the KHL because "the lockout is over"

He's an astrophysicist so its pretty clear the lockout is done. This is humangous big news guys.

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 03:41 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post

He's an astrophysicist so its pretty clear the lockout is done. This is humangous big news guys.

I love this guy! I also love the sort of "ethereal" music playing underneath the clip when Bryz is talking

RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:

So, you weren't an NHL fan before 05?

I was, but anyone arguing that NHL was a more interesting league back in the days without the cap is living in a fantasy land, sure it was nice because Colorado was a powerhouse and a team that greatly benefited because of the no cap system, but the league is much more interesting right now with all the parity between the teams.

PS

And about the players don't owe us nothing claim. That's complete and utter rubbish, us fans are the biggest reason they live such a luxurious life. Without a strong fanbase which spends their hard earned money on tickets, sports gear etc there's virtually no reason for owners to pay players salaries.

Last edited by Ivan13: 12-30-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old
12-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

Quote:

Did he really say that the lockout was over ?

Old
12-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post

I love this guy! I also love the sort of "ethereal" music playing underneath the clip when Bryz is talking
The Mayan People should have hired Bryz b4 dec 21th

Old
12-30-2012, 03:48 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
The Mayan People should have hired Bryz b4 dec 21th
Exactly! Another one of my favorites from that series of 24/7

I swear, HBO should've just decided to follow him around after 24/7 was over, he's absolutely gold!

And yes Frenchy, I do believe that's what he has told CSKA, let me try and find a link for you

****EDIT****

Yep, here it is Frenchy

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/f...is-ending.html

Quote:
Bryzgalov opted out of the contract with his Russian team, CSKA Moscow, citing the end of the NHL lockout as his reason for leaving, according to reports.

“I quit CSKA because the lockout is ending,” Bryzgalov said, according to a translation from Russian reporter Ruslan Salikhov.

Old
12-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

wow, Looks like Ferh was on the phone over the week-end.

Thanks for the link Rock

Old
12-30-2012, 03:56 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
wow, Looks like Ferh was on the phone over the week-end.

Thanks for the link Rock
What do you mean Fehr was on the phone over the weekend? As in he was on the conference calls?

Old
12-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
What do you mean Fehr was on the phone over the weekend? As in he was on the conference calls?
idk , maybe he told the players something like : Well, you guys should comeback home , we better accept the next offer or the fans wont believe us anymore .

Old
12-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Ceremony
I wanted to accept

vCash: 20250
Quote:

There's no lockout in space

Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 04:12 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

Have you guys heard the rumour that the NHL would like to make some changes or bring new ideas on the table ?

Idk if it's right away after the lockout or next season, but they were talking about it on TV , this week .

-20 teams in the playoffs insted of 16
-install a bye system for the conf/div winners
-sudden death , 1 game winner gets in the playoff , something like 7vs 10 and 8 vs 9

They said on TV that it was only some ideas , that nothing was set in stone. But he did say that the NHL are looking for a new way to bring fans back .

Old
12-30-2012, 04:17 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Have you guys heard the rumour that the NHL would like to make some changes or bring new ideas on the table ?

Idk if it's right away after the lockout or next season, but they were talking about it on TV , this week .

-20 teams in the playoffs insted of 16
-install a bye system for the conf/div winners
-sudden death , 1 game winner gets in the playoff , something like 7vs 10 and 8 vs 9

They said on TV that it was only some ideas , that nothing was set in stone. But he did say that the NHL are looking for a new way to bring fans back .
Bolded one is a terrible idea, you have 82 games to make the playoffs, that's enough, you shouldn't be able to get in the playoffs thanks to one lucky win.

The other two proposition aren't too good as well.

Old
12-30-2012, 04:24 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Bolded one is a terrible idea, you have 82 games to make the playoffs, that's enough, you shouldn't be able to get in the playoffs thanks to one lucky win.

The other two proposition aren't too good as well.
It'd be for this year only. Which I think is silly. Season will already be enough of a joke without resorting to gimmicks.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote