HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League 2012-12 I: Gary and Donald sitting in a tree

Old
09-17-2012, 06:44 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
I simply don't get it. Why on earth is a mod hell bent on speaking for me in that Landeskog/Hall thread about RNH? I've already made my point endlessly clear, but whatever I say goes through one ear and out the other. Meanwhile anything he says is instantly relevant in a thread that we shouldn't even be bringing up RNH this feverishly.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Avs71

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
I simply don't get it. Why on earth is a mod hell bent on speaking for me in that Landeskog/Hall thread about RNH? I've already made my point endlessly clear, but whatever I say goes through one ear and out the other. Meanwhile anything he says is instantly relevant in a thread that we shouldn't even be bringing up RNH this feverishly.
It is not even worth arguing. The Oilers fans are just hell bent on belittling Landeskog and pumping up RNH. You'd think Landeskog broke into Hopkin's house in the middle of the night and stole the Calder. At least it will probably only last till the end of the lockout and then it will become Yakupov vs. whichever other rookie does well.

Avs71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 02:49 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
He was asked a question about. What you would want him to do avoid it?

I'm not a Burke fan at all, but he can say what he can and comment on whatever he wants. I also agree with what he said and ESPN had this coming from 7 years ago, IMO.
Not bash a major sports network as a representative of the NHL, just because of a silly organizational ranking. That's just bad for business. That was the reaction of a 13 year old internet poster.

What do you think Sherman or any member of the Avs organization would have said? Absolutely nothing. They could give two ***** where they're ranked in a poll.

Besides, even Leaf fans seemed to agree with that one. They've gone 7 years without making the playoffs (longest in the NHL), they don't have a great foundation for the future, and they have some of, if not the highest ticket prices in the league. That's what the ranking was based on. Bang for your buck.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Elever
Hth

Dater & some other guy going back/forth about the lockout and some other crap, boring points

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ter/index.html

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
It is not even worth arguing. The Oilers fans are just hell bent on belittling Landeskog and pumping up RNH. You'd think Landeskog broke into Hopkin's house in the middle of the night and stole the Calder. At least it will probably only last till the end of the lockout and then it will become Yakupov vs. whichever other rookie does well.
I've caught myself hitting reply, typing out a post and then closing my browser at least 3 or 4 times in the past couple days trying to refrain from reigniting that thread.

So, what's the over-under on how many games we play this season?

I'm going to guess 60 +/- 5

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 07:00 PM
RumpleSnipeSkin
Bar Down

My guess was about 55, so I'll take 60 +/- 5

Last edited by RumpleSnipeSkin: 09-17-2012 at 07:01 PM. Reason: typo
RumpleSnipeSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Nihiliste

Quote:
I've caught myself hitting reply, typing out a post and then closing my browser at least 3 or 4 times in the past couple days trying to refrain from reigniting that thread.

So, what's the over-under on how many games we play this season?

I'm going to guess 60 +/- 5

Did the same thing a little earlier. It's not worth discussing with him; the funny thing is that I agree with him on a lot of points but he has such a ***** for fighting with people about RNH that he'll completely misrepresent statements so that he has something to argue about and draw things out with. It's painful trying to explain even the simplest viewpoint to him.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Elever
Hth

This is a few days old at least but DownGoesBrown did a hilarious rap video with lyrics for the lockout.

http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2012/09...l-lcokout.html

It's long but I lost it at this line lol:
Pockets getting filled
When I send my bill, eight mil
The meanest and leanest
Owner of Phoenix
I'm a genius

Old
09-17-2012, 11:54 PM
The Shermanator
Butts

Quote:
Just agree with everything they say, then they will get confused and start saying Landeskog is better.

The Shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 07:51 AM
Ceremony
I will swim

vCash: 23100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Scott Burnside with an excellent column about this whole mess.
Would that the two sides engaged in sessions that lasted seemingly as long as their post-bargaining news conferences. Yes, the two sides are deeply entrenched in their own positions, but why not make more than a few token phone calls or a few texts as the lockout began? Why weren't the two sides brainstorming ways to find some way to bridge the divide that exists? Or was it merely more convenient to let the clock run out and wait for some more meaningful (read economically painful) time to really get down to work? Mostly, though, would that both sides had been more in tune with the values of the game that make it so appealing. Would that they had wanted it just a little bit more, that they had been willing to pay the price for success, that they had worked together to become something greater than the sum of their parts.

Could it be that both sides have lost sight of those core principles that make the game so strong and enduring, at least for the fans who suffer through these ghastly dramas every few years?

It would seem so.

And so, instead of seizing the opportunity to carve out an even more distinctive part of the sporting landscape in North America by getting a deal done, the two sides gave us nothing.

And the greatest shame?

It's exactly what many expected.

What a waste.

- *sigh*

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Ceremony
I will swim

vCash: 23100
PS: Who the hell cares what Oilers fans think about Landeskog? Seriously.

Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

You guys can watch KHL games (legaly) using this website:

http://www.laola1.tv/en/int/home/

One game (Lev Praha vs Avangard Omsk) is just about to start and you can watch it using teh link below:

http://www.laola1.tv/en/int/ice-hock...989-95390.html

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Balls on the table!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
You guys can watch KHL games (legaly) using this website:

http://www.laola1.tv/en/int/home/

One game (Lev Praha vs Avangard Omsk) is just about to start and you can watch it using teh link below:

http://www.laola1.tv/en/int/ice-hock...989-95390.html
Skoula!

18007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18007 View Post
Skoula!
Puck poise!

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Balls on the table!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Puck poise!

18007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Elever
Hth

^ Oh **** Oleg Tverdovsky still plays hockey? Was wondering what happened to that guy.

I always used to trade for him on the NHL PC games.

Old
09-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Foppa2118

Anybody else think it's funny/sad that everyone in the country including both presidential and vice presidential candidates and all the news organizations are talking about the NFL referee lockout after a few bad calls, but no one seems to give a **** that the NHL is locking out it's players for the third time in a row.

Old
09-26-2012, 04:53 PM
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Anybody else think it's funny/sad that everyone in the country including both presidential and vice presidential candidates and all the news organizations are talking about the NFL referee lockout after a few bad calls, but no one seems to give a **** that the NHL is locking out it's players for the third time in a row.
'Merica.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 05:23 PM
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon

Quote:
I was listening the sports radio around here and they are pretty good because they will at least mention the NHL and the Avalanche and stuff and on my way back to work at lunch I hear the guy said:

"Good news on the part of the lockout, it seems that this is not final information but the sides have been talking and appear to have reached an agreement. The NFL and the referee's ......"

I was soooooo pissed. I mean, I understand the NFL is a lot more popular but that ref thing wasn't really a "lockout" just a union dispute. It hasn't really be defined as a lockout so I assumed he was talking about the NHL and then prolonged everything for 20-30 seconds before I found out he wasn't talking about THE LOCKOUT

AMDZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 05:29 PM
Mant*

Quote:
Nope. The NFL refs are having a negative effect on games that are actually being played. The NHL lockout has made no progress, and they keep pulling the same crap every few years. At this point, the only news related to the NHL lockout anyone cares about is when it's resolved. Why report on it when there's nothing to report? It's like having a daily update saying "the sky is still blue".

At this point, giving attention to the NHL lockout is like giving attention to a neighbor's kid that throws a tantrum every day. You just have to ignore the little brat and wait for it to grow up.

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 09:15 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mant View Post
Nope. The NFL refs are having a negative effect on games that are actually being played. The NHL lockout has made no progress, and they keep pulling the same crap every few years. At this point, the only news related to the NHL lockout anyone cares about is when it's resolved. Why report on it when there's nothing to report? It's like having a daily update saying "the sky is still blue".

At this point, giving attention to the NHL lockout is like giving attention to a neighbor's kid that throws a tantrum every day. You just have to ignore the little brat and wait for it to grow up.
I am a die hard hockey fan and I haven't heard one word about the lockout since it happened. I'm sure lots of people talked about it, but it didn't reach my ears. I don't follow football whatsover and I feel like that's all I've heard about everywhere the last few days.

I get it, there was some bad calls, big deal. It's like no ones ever seen bad game deciding calls in the NFL or other sports before. There's not enough pressure for the NHL to get a deal done, because no one talks about it, and no one gives a **** publicly.

Can you imagine if Obama, Romney, Biden, Ryan, and Clinton all came out and said they need to get the NHL lockout resolved? I think the universe would instantly implode.

Old
09-27-2012, 12:19 PM
BoxOfChocolates

Quick question. If the CBA doesn't get resolved until after Dec. 1st, what happens with RFA's like O'Reilly who have to be signed by said date in order to play this season?

BoxOfChocolates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
Quick question. If the CBA doesn't get resolved until after Dec. 1st, what happens with RFA's like O'Reilly who have to be signed by said date in order to play this season?
I can't imagine they wouldn't make an amendment for this season on that. He'll be back.

Old
09-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Freudian
Deja vu again?

My interest in hockey is in hibernation, as much as I looked forward to this season I am a bit surprised by how little I am interested in any aspect of hockey other than NHL getting going again.

Weird that my interest in other leagues seems less when NHL isn't on since I should have more time to follow them, but for some reason it's like that.

Wake me up when NHL starts.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 04:12 PM
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon

I guess it doesn't matter, but whats the deal with RoR still not being signed?

AMDZen is offline   Reply With Quote