HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

'96 for 2012 ohl draft prospects (Part 3)

Old
03-30-2012, 11:24 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
'96 for 2012 ohl draft prospects (Part 3)

Continued from...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1130441

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:37 AM
OHLFan8771

What does everyone think of Santino Centorame from the Rebels? He is a D-man but I have not read much about him.

OHLFan8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:09 PM
PetesFan94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottersfan View Post
What does everyone think of Santino Centorame from the Rebels? He is a D-man but I have not read much about him.
Solid D-Man but quite a few will be taken ahead of him.

PetesFan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:18 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Second Round. I really like this player. I like his potential more than a few higher rated Dmen.

mapleleaf979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:20 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Seen him play a lot for years. Very steady. I like him in the 2nd round.

Luvtowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Gensfan9

Quote:
Really like him as well. Has a good mean streak in him. Nice hitter, plays the man well, good feet. Solid pick

Gensfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:26 PM
mapleleaf979

I like Prappavessis and Desrocher as well. Prappavessis played a nice shut down role. Desrocher has a bomb of a shot. Both can skate.

Old
03-30-2012, 12:32 PM
OHLFan8771

Thanks for all your replies as I value all of them. I'm really hoping Erie could take him and David miller in the 2nd round. I think both can mature in to solid players and I think miller would be a much higher pick if not for his size so he could be a 2nd round steal. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think centorame and miller would be a solid 2nd round

OHLFan8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:34 PM
NHL Fanatic

I don't remember ever seeing a OHL draft thread hit over 2000 posts good job

NHL Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
I like Prappavessis and Desrocher as well. Prappavessis played a nice shut down role. Desrocher has a bomb of a shot. Both can skate.
I would have thought that to play a "shut-down" role in the OHL you need to be a bigger d-man, no?

Prappevissis is not a big kid, but of course he is only 16. His older brother at Bemidji State has filled out pretty well at 6'1" 195lbs.

Crottenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:38 PM
SportsCzar24

Kudos to the guy who made a mock 5 rounds deep! I thought the first two rounds were realistic, then the 3rd is where things become guesses. As nice as it was to see so many Ottawa-area players in his top 5 rounds, I hate to say that a couple were likely a reach that high. Well done though, that takes some guts!

SportsCzar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:40 PM
SportsCzar24

Am I also the only one hoping Erie drafts Jake Evans just so he can play with the other Jake Evans lol?

SportsCzar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:42 PM
mapleleaf979

He's 6-0 155. I think he can add more weight like alot of these kids. Prapavessis seems to stand out more to me the bigger the games are. He is rock solid in his own end. Top 3 D guys to me on the Rebels are Diperna #1, Centorame #2, Morrisson #3. I like the other 3 guys in the top 120.

Old
03-30-2012, 01:10 PM
Petes96

Quote:
He's 6-0 155. I think he can add more weight like alot of these kids. Prapavessis seems to stand out more to me the bigger the games are. He is rock solid in his own end. Top 3 D guys to me on the Rebels are Diperna #1, Centorame #2, Morrisson #3. I like the other 3 guys in the top 120.
well this might spark some interest. Here is a thread I cam across this afternoon

http://www.intheoradio.com/imported-...ounds-1-5.html

Petes96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:12 PM
PetesFan94

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsCzar24 View Post
Am I also the only one hoping Erie drafts Jake Evans just so he can play with the other Jake Evans lol?
Would be very interesting for sure! Dont know about the older Evans but the draft eligible one is a hell of a talent.

PetesFan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:49 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
well this might spark some interest. Here is a thread I cam across this afternoon

http://www.intheoradio.com/imported-...ounds-1-5.html
Really good mock draft. Big surprise to me was Addison mid 2nd round.

Old
03-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Gensfan9

Quote:
All 6 are solid and will and can play in the O. Jenkins doesn't make mistakes, has a great first pass. I may be one of only a few as i see Herbst listed pretty high but these 6 D do their job well and limit quality chances. I don't know how a team can take him in the first round when there are goalies just as good if not better. I'm not trying to talk harshly about a 15-16 yr old kid but I have seen this story play out. Borden, Teichmann, Zador to name a few recent kids.

Old
03-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Gensfan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Really good mock draft. Big surprise to me was Addison mid 2nd round.
I agree with Addison in the 2nd round. Has a great shot and a quick release but he's a little more one-dimensional then other first rounders. Great pp player!

Old
03-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gensfan9 View Post
All 6 are solid and will and can play in the O. Jenkins doesn't make mistakes, has a great first pass. I may be one of only a few as i see Herbst listed pretty high but these 6 D do their job well and limit quality chances. I don't know how a team can take him in the first round when there are goalies just as good if not better. I'm not trying to talk harshly about a 15-16 yr old kid but I have seen this story play out. Borden, Teichmann, Zador to name a few recent kids.
I agree with you totally but if you saw the OHL Cup final , it was the Liam Herbst show.

Old
03-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Arsenault

Quote:
I would also be quite surprise to see any team waste a first or second round on a goalie. Too much of a gamble and with the competition he has faced the last few years it is hard to really judge how good he is. Don't get me wrong he showed good positioning and was consistent in the OHL cup but nothing spectacular, also remember that during the GTHL play-offs I don't think anyone would say he stole any games. Again he could become a great goaltender but it is still too early to tell.

Arsenault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Gensfan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
I agree with you totally but if you saw the OHL Cup final , it was the Liam Herbst show.
Ya I was there and that was one game. He made some saves but the rebels did play a trap the majority of the game. Did you see him in the playoffs more importantly? Didn't look good vs DM or the Marlies. Best of luck to him tho!

Old
03-30-2012, 04:02 PM
chewerjones

*****************NEWS FLASH******************************

Since I was the first who posted that Ho Sang would fall to possibly 5th , and all the veteran bloggers (you know who you are- LOL), cursed and condemned me

I have heard another rumour that Fabbri might not be going to the SOO. I heard it from 2 very reliable sources. 1 source knows the ins and outs of the game very well, and the other actually spoke to Fabbri. Just a rumour confirmed by 2 sources, which I would consider very reliable.

If that is the case, than who will go 4th to the Soo? McCann or HO Sang? Or maybe Dal Colle is back in the picture?
We know that Dubas wants a Centreman, and preferably a bigger centreman.

Any thoughts out there?

I was right the first time, and may be 2 for 2. LOL

chewerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Arsenault

Quote:
Ya I was there and that was one game. He made some saves but the rebels did play a trap the majority of the game. Did you see him in the playoffs more importantly? Didn't look good vs DM or the Marlies. Best of luck to him tho!
Actually if I was to gamble on a goalie I would go with Sinclair from Hamilton. I think he has got the essentials, but again I would never waste an early round on a goalie unless he was a stand out, game in and game out.

Old
03-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Arsenault

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post

Since I was the first who posted that Ho Sang would fall to possibly 5th , and all the veteran bloggers (you know who you are- LOL), cursed and condemned me

I have heard another rumour that Fabbri might not be going to the SOO. I heard it from 2 very reliable sources. 1 source knows the ins and outs of the game very well, and the other actually spoke to Fabbri. Just a rumour confirmed by 2 sources, which I would consider very reliable.

If that is the case, than who will go 4th to the Soo? McCann or HO Sang? Or maybe Dal Colle is back in the picture?

Any thoughts out there?

If Fabbri is pciked by the Soo he will report, however the Soo may be looking at someone else as you suggest. This year as many have alluded to,the draft is deep so any of the top 7-8 players could become "Star Players" . Myself I would go with Fabrri, saw what he brought to the Rebels when he played, the team was just not the same without him.

Old
03-30-2012, 04:10 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post

Any thoughts out there?

Not sure if Hosang fits the size criteria that Dubas supposedly covets but McCann and Dal Colle do,however as I stated before with an agitated fan base in the Sault does he take the most skilled player ie Hosang
The fact Windsor picks after the Hounds muddies the waters as the fans dont seem to be in a forgiving mood about the Campbell trade and it would not look good if the player the spits take turns out better then the Hounds
Could be interesting

hockeylegend11 is offline   Reply With Quote