HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 NFL Season Thread - The Baltimore Ravens are Superbowl Champs!

Old
10-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Kyle McMahon

vCash: 500
Anybody ever notice how so many recent "talented" Cowboys players are mysteriously out of the league shortly after they part ways? Lets see, Marion Barber...out of the league...Roy Williams...out of the league....Terrell Owens....forced to sign with Buffalo (just as bad as being out of the league). Just baffling how so many talented players only seem to be talented as members of the Cowboys.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Starscream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
Anybody ever notice how so many recent "talented" Cowboys players are mysteriously out of the league shortly after they part ways? Lets see, Marion Barber...out of the league...Roy Williams...out of the league....Terrell Owens....forced to sign with Buffalo (just as bad as being out of the league). Just baffling how so many talented players only seem to be talented as members of the Cowboys.
come on now Barber was just a hard nosed running back, Roy Williams was always known as just a horrible trade and TO was know as a super talented head case way before he got to Dallas.

Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 02:01 AM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
come on now Barber was just a hard nosed running back, Roy Williams was always known as just a horrible trade and TO was know as a super talented head case way before he got to Dallas.
And immensely talented players like these are why Dallas got predicted to win the Super Bowl by many people from 2005-2010. You know, that stretch where they won a single playoff game. Dime-a-dozen guys (Felix Jones for example) always get touted as something special when wearing the blue and silver it seems. And naturally nobody besides the league's bottom dwellers, if anybody at all, jumps on these guys after the Cowboys cut them after another failed season.

Old
10-09-2012, 09:08 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 368
GB really needs to wake up, 2-3 and are going up against Houston this week.

Not looking good for my Steelers this year, I have to wonder how much Polamalu has left in his tank. Woodley probably out or at the very least not playing close to 100%. I guess on a positive note Big Ben isn't getting sacked lately.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 04:46 PM
Kyle McMahon

What an awesome choke by the Eagles. Two picks, sacked for two losses totalling 21 yards to start the OT...just another day at the office for Ron Mexico! Lions would have been toast at 1-4, they pretty much kept their season alive. Eagles drop to a ho-hum 3-3. And since Carolina can't lose this weekend and is already eliminated from the playoffs anyway, there's really nothing that can spoil this week of NFL for me.

Old
10-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Philly85
Moody'

What an unbelievable performance by the Giants today. Beastly all around.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
What an unbelievable performance by the Giants today. Beastly all around.
They went to the West Coast and punched the 49ers in the mouth. They are a fine team, they look better then last year.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 06:33 PM
SDig14

Quote:
You have a point that some guys get overhyped when they play for the Cowboys, but one of these is clearly not like the other.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 06:35 PM
Kyle McMahon

Just when I say nothing could go wrong, New England somehow blows a massive lead to Seattle. I called the Giants upset, Lions upset, just needed Pats to win a game that should have been automatic and I'd have made a tidy little sum. Crap!!

Old
10-14-2012, 06:40 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Quote:
Just when I say nothing could go wrong, New England somehow blows a massive lead to Seattle. I called the Giants upset, Lions upset, just needed Pats to win a game that should have been automatic and I'd have made a tidy little sum. Crap!!
Even as a Giants fan I agree, on the road, on the Westcoast, against a team considered the best in football. Big upset, but this team is capable of this.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Even as a Giants fan I agree, on the road, on the Westcoast, against a team considered the best in football. Big upset, but this team is capable of this.
The Giants always manage to win those types of games. And in the same breath, they'll probably go out and lose at home to Washington next week.

Old
10-15-2012, 08:32 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
DET-PHI Tie
BUF- ARI tie
STL- MIA tie
NE- SEA tie
NJ-IND tie
CIN- CLE tie

3 game combo, should be 380ish.

Old
10-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Stoneman89

Quote:
And immensely talented players like these are why Dallas got predicted to win the Super Bowl by many people from 2005-2010. You know, that stretch where they won a single playoff game. Dime-a-dozen guys (Felix Jones for example) always get touted as something special when wearing the blue and silver it seems. And naturally nobody besides the league's bottom dwellers, if anybody at all, jumps on these guys after the Cowboys cut them after another failed season.
Most of their mediocity in the playoffs or big games is on #9's shoulders, IMO.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Stoneman89

Giants are winning the Superbowl again this year. You heard it here first. Get your money down quickly.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 10:25 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
Giants are winning the Superbowl again this year. You heard it here first. Get your money down quickly.
You're about the 10th guy that told me this, I started believing it a couple weeks ago. Manning seems to have something in him that allows him to be great at the right time. Even when he throws 3 picks, he still some how gets credited with a great performance.

Old
10-15-2012, 11:07 AM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
i had a great day watching my bucs roll the cheifs.........

and putting $100 on greenbay @ 2.55 on sportsinteraction.com was a great finish.

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 11:21 AM
jsho

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
You're about the 10th guy that told me this, I started believing it a couple weeks ago. Manning seems to have something in him that allows him to be great at the right time. Even when he throws 3 picks, he still some how gets credited with a great performance.
I wouldnt say they looking like the Super Bowl favorite right now....before San Fran the teams they beat are a collective 6-15. San Fran was their biggest win but its still early in the season. The Giants last two Super Bowls were all about riding momentum late in the season.

jsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 04:32 PM
joestevens29

Ouch Ray Lewis out for the year with a complete tricep tear. Lardarius Webb also done for the year for Baltimore with torn ACL.

Outside of week one were they tripled up on Cleveland the Ravens have had all close games. 1w-1L by a point, 1w by 7, 1w by 2, 1 w by 3.

Baltimore could be in a lot of trouble.

Last edited by joestevens29: 10-15-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old
10-15-2012, 05:01 PM
jsho

Quote:
Ouch Ray Lewis out for the year with a complete tricep tear. Lardarius Webb also done for the year for Baltimore with torn ACL.

Outside of week one were they tripled up on Cleveland the Ravens have had all close games. 1w-1L by a point, 1w by 7, 1w by 2, 1 w by 3.

Baltimore could be in a lot of trouble.
That was Cincinnati in Week 1 I believe.

They play Houston then have a bye. After the bye they play the Browns, Raiders and Steelers. Could gain some momentum there.

They should be getting Suggs back soon. Losing Webb and Lewis is big blows but they still should be the favorite in that Division.

jsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
Most of their mediocity in the playoffs or big games is on #9's shoulders, IMO.
Romo does tend to suck in big games, no doubt about that.

Old
10-15-2012, 07:46 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsho View Post
That was Cincinnati in Week 1 I believe.

They play Houston then have a bye. After the bye they play the Browns, Raiders and Steelers. Could gain some momentum there.

They should be getting Suggs back soon. Losing Webb and Lewis is big blows but they still should be the favorite in that Division.
Strangely enough, they have been rather brutal defensively all year even with Lewis and Webb, so I don't even want to see how many yards they give up with both of them out for the year.

They have enough offensive talent to potentially win a division, but I can't see that defense ever being good enough to win even one playoff game unless it is a complete shootout.

They might end up a bottom 3 defense by year-end if Suggs' return is delayed.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 08:02 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
GB really needs to wake up, 2-3 and are going up against Houston this week.

Not looking good for my Steelers this year, I have to wonder how much Polamalu has left in his tank. Woodley probably out or at the very least not playing close to 100%. I guess on a positive note Big Ben isn't getting sacked lately.
Think they did based on their performance in Houston.

gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Strangely enough, they have been rather brutal defensively all year even with Lewis and Webb, so I don't even want to see how many yards they give up with both of them out for the year.

They have enough offensive talent to potentially win a division, but I can't see that defense ever being good enough to win even one playoff game unless it is a complete shootout.

They might end up a bottom 3 defense by year-end if Suggs' return is delayed.
The thing is, the AFC is so bad this year that pretty much anyone is in the hunt. Houston seemed like the undisputed top dog, and then promptly got slaughtered at home by Green Bay.

Baltimore's defense looks terrible as you've stated, and Cam Cameron deciding to let Flacco air it out 45 times a game when he should just be pounding the run with Ray Rice will be the Ravens undoing. But Pittsburgh doesn't look like any great shakes at the moment either.

Then you have New England with a suspect defense as usual, and young/inconsistent Cincinnati. San Diego has only beat up on weak sisters thus far, and Denver looks like a train wreck. You really can't count anybody out in this turtle derby of a conference.

Old
10-16-2012, 12:41 AM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 50
Those are the Chargers I remember. 6 turnovers!

Fixed to Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 08:36 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils4cup View Post
Those are the Chargers I remember. 6 turnovers!
Pretty much, I went out shopping after the half and my god did they lose it.