HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - St. Louis

Old
08-22-2012, 12:31 AM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
I think you're confusing McDonald with... someone else.

Potential? Given Andy's age the majority of NHL watchers likely feel that he has shown you everything he has to give.

Having said that.. the Blues are an extremely solid team and I don't feel that this proposal does anything to increase their chances to win a championship.
The potential to stay healthy, and if healthy he's proven to be a very good player; McDonald if healthy is the highest scoring player the Blues have.

The Blues decline the over the proposal.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 12:54 AM
Virtanev
★★★

vCash: 55
That's like Vancouver offering Raymond and Ballard for McDonald, it's pitiful.

Virtanev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 01:23 AM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj View Post
Heh... Andy McDonald leaving means Berglund and Steen get top 2 spots and get to shine. Thats a bonus.
Plus they solidify their top 4 D. Franson would work well with Shattenkirk.
Blues let in less goals than anyone in the NHL last year. Why are they looking to "solidify their top 4 D" with the team that let in the second most goals 7th Defenseman?

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:52 AM
zachws6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintoMadDogsKiller18 View Post
No from the Leafs.

McDonald is one of my favourite players in the league but he is wearing down from all the injuries he has had to endure over the course of his career, he is also somewhat in decline.

I think we should give Connolly another shot at the #1 C spot between Lupul and Kessel and give them time to build chemistry which will help him rebound. If Connolly can stay healthy he > McDonald, then we are giving up our #5 D man as well...no thanks.
Very understandable to be cautious of his injury problems, but he is not in a decline.

Last 98 games played. 38 goals, 91 points, + 18 rating.

Stats aside, he is still our fastest player, and he sees the ice so well (excellent play-maker), and he has no problem in taking his game to a gritty level.

I don't like to see him get older, but at this point, he is proving very easily that age is just a number. If he plays 75 games this year, expect 60+ points out of him.

I pass on the trade is what I think I meant to say. haha.

zachws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 10:46 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
Blues let in less goals than anyone in the NHL last year. Why are they looking to "solidify their top 4 D" with the team that let in the second most goals 7th Defenseman?
The biggest team need is a top pairing defenseman, so its a legitimate observation. But the 2nd pairing is pretty well solidified and the team has taken the stance of being patient with finding the right guy to pair with Pietro rather than panicking and taking someone else (like this offer would do) who doesn't really fit that role.

More depth on defense is always a good thing, but (ignoring the value issue here) the Blues aren't going to make a trade unless it addresses the need for a top pairing guy. The only other trade I could imagine the team making is to flip a winger (D'Agostini maybe) for a guy that can play 2/3C. However, I have the impression they'd rather use Steen there and retain his flexibility and the fact that he's a known commodity to the team, rather than do a trade like that.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
AMac is a big piece of the Blues 2012/2013 cup run. He isn't going anywhere unless for a massive overpayment.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote