HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

San Jose-Edmonton-New York Rangers(dream trade) proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2003, 12:43 AM
FacelessButcher

vCash: 500
San Jose-Edmonton-New York Rangers(dream trade) proposal

To NYR:
York
Cross

To EDM:
Carter
3rd pick 2004

I'd say York is just slighlty better than Carter and we throw in Cross (who u could use) and I say its worth a third. For New York Carter has not showed chemistry with Lindros which is the principle reason u acquired him, and your Havlac-Nedved-Kovalev line has good chemistry and should not be broken up leaving Carter to be a waste on the third line. York on the other hand has played very well with Lindros and would be a good trade in for Carter. Edmonton gets a more appealing package as Carter and Comrie have proven chemistry together and can more likely when paired net them a good center man.

To San Jose:
Comrie
Carter
Rita

To EDM:
Marleau
Hannan

I have pegged Marleau for a break out-year the last 3 and already he has a bad start this year with only 2 points and -6 in 6 games. Either he is not as good as people thinks he will be(which I don't think is the case), or needs a scenery change, or has no talented line-mates to play with.The young season looks like San Jose will have problems scoring, I know a line of Sturm-Comrie-Carter(Comrie and Carter are both proven 60 pt players and Marleau has yet to accomplish the same feat but I am sure he will) will produce a lot more goals and points then Sturm-Marleau-Ekman line and I see u as having enough depth at d(McLaren, Rahtje, Stuart, Preissing, Fahey, and Ernhoff are all top 4 calibre d-men) to let Hannan go although he is a real stud back there. Rita should help at San Jose's depth and prospect side of things ur only good Lw prospect is Michalek who went down with a serious injury which will stunt his development Rita is just about ready to see action now and should improve your left side. In the trade San Jose will be taking on about $1.8million in salary I don't see it being a problem considering last years pay-roll was $47.8 million versus this years $34.8 million it would change a $13million reduction to a $11.2million reduction, as well I have heard some people want to drop Damphousse and/or Nabokov which could also save u some salary. As an Oiler fan the idea of a Smyth-Marleau-Hemsky line makes me wet my pants(metaphorically) and Hannan will give us a respectable top 4 d.

Oiler lines-
Smyth-Marleau-Hemsky
Isbister-Horc/Stoll-Dvorak
Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani
Torres-Horc/Stoll-Laraque

Brewer-Hannan
Smith-Bergeron
Staios-Semenov

Old
10-23-2003, 01:04 AM
G-Double

Send a message via AIM to G-Double
EDM gives York, Cross, Comrie and Rita for Marleau and Hannan...please stop....please man if you have any credibility left it will be gone soon, please just stop with these assenine proposals you keep making.

Old
10-23-2003, 01:06 AM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Double
EDM gives York, Cross, Comrie and Rita for Marleau and Hannan...please stop....please man if you have any credibility left it will be gone soon, please just stop with these assenine proposals you keep making.
agreed

Old
10-23-2003, 01:07 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Double
York+Cross+Comrie+Rita=Marleau+Hannan+3rd?
I don't see how to get a franchise center and a first d-pairing defense man(Hannan is highly under-rated) without a little overpayment. If both of u who I respect think I am making a fool of myself I will reserve myself to only commentary and not actual inter workings of a trade proposal, I just see it as one of the funner things to do on this board u can only guess how many points someone will get or vote for your favorite tough guys so many times.

Old
10-23-2003, 01:57 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Marleau is NOT a franchise center

Old
10-23-2003, 03:53 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
To NYR:
York
Cross

To EDM:
Carter
3rd pick 2004
Done and done.

10-23-2003, 05:52 AM
Oiltalk

Edmonton is overpaying big time. Rita himself could land a 2nd rounder right now. Comrie+York+Cross>>>Hannan and Marleau

Old
10-23-2003, 05:55 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
I'll drive Carter to the airport myself.

Old
10-23-2003, 05:57 AM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
why would Lowe want to get rid of edmonton's best forward last season (b4 his injury)

*talking about york here*

Old
10-23-2003, 06:01 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
I'll drive Carter to the airport myself.
For that deal I'd drive Carter to Edmonton.

Old
10-23-2003, 06:01 AM
Shark Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmad
Marleau is NOT a franchise center
Whether he is or not is somewhat debatable but SJ would not deal their #1 center and a top pair defender for the proposed package.

CHomp, CHomp

Old
10-23-2003, 06:12 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Attack
Whether he is or not is somewhat debatable but SJ would not deal their #1 center and a top pair defender for the proposed package.

CHomp, CHomp
well, sure not right in the head if you don't! Comrie is younger and has already put up the numbers Marleau has - so thats pretty much a striaght across deal IMO. Then you get Carter AND Rita for Hannan? Hannan isn't even a slightly (if at all) above average fourth pairing dman - you get a top prospect and a top line RWer for that! The Oilers are the only team in all of this that DOESN'T even consider it!

Old
10-23-2003, 06:29 AM
Strizzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Hannan isn't even a slightly (if at all) above average fourth pairing dman - you get a top prospect and a top line RWer for that! The Oilers are the only team in all of this that DOESN'T even consider it!
You don't mean that seriously, do you?

Old
10-23-2003, 06:30 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strizzi
You don't mean that seriously, do you?
oops... no, no - sorry, I mean top four not fourth pairing, my apologies!

Old
10-23-2003, 06:46 AM
Aziolkowski

Send a message via Yahoo to Aziolkowski
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
To NYR:
York
Cross

To EDM:
Carter
3rd pick 2004

I'd say York is just slighlty better than Carter and we throw in Cross (who u could use) and I say its worth a third. For New York Carter has not showed chemistry with Lindros which is the principle reason u acquired him, and your Havlac-Nedved-Kovalev line has good chemistry and should not be broken up leaving Carter to be a waste on the third line. York on the other hand has played very well with Lindros and would be a good trade in for Carter. Edmonton gets a more appealing package as Carter and Comrie have proven chemistry together and can more likely when paired net them a good center man.

To San Jose:
Comrie
Carter
Rita

To EDM:
Marleau
Hannan

I have pegged Marleau for a break out-year the last 3 and already he has a bad start this year with only 2 points and -6 in 6 games. Either he is not as good as people thinks he will be(which I don't think is the case), or needs a scenery change, or has no talented line-mates to play with.The young season looks like San Jose will have problems scoring, I know a line of Sturm-Comrie-Carter(Comrie and Carter are both proven 60 pt players and Marleau has yet to accomplish the same feat but I am sure he will) will produce a lot more goals and points then Sturm-Marleau-Ekman line and I see u as having enough depth at d(McLaren, Rahtje, Stuart, Preissing, Fahey, and Ernhoff are all top 4 calibre d-men) to let Hannan go although he is a real stud back there. Rita should help at San Jose's depth and prospect side of things ur only good Lw prospect is Michalek who went down with a serious injury which will stunt his development Rita is just about ready to see action now and should improve your left side. In the trade San Jose will be taking on about $1.8million in salary I don't see it being a problem considering last years pay-roll was $47.8 million versus this years $34.8 million it would change a $13million reduction to a $11.2million reduction, as well I have heard some people want to drop Damphousse and/or Nabokov which could also save u some salary. As an Oiler fan the idea of a Smyth-Marleau-Hemsky line makes me wet my pants(metaphorically) and Hannan will give us a respectable top 4 d.

Oiler lines-
Smyth-Marleau-Hemsky
Isbister-Horc/Stoll-Dvorak
Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani
Torres-Horc/Stoll-Laraque

Brewer-Hannan
Smith-Bergeron
Staios-Semenov
NO

Old
10-23-2003, 06:55 AM
USC Trojans
AD

ouch ouch ouch....

Comrie + York + Rita + Cross for Marleau + Hannan + 3rd

So Edmonton gives two of their top four forwards, their top minor league player, and a pylon for a top four center, 2nd pair d-man and a 3rd....

Maybe if we took out York that would work...but why go through all that trouble and deal with NY? Giving York for Carter is just insane.

Old
10-23-2003, 06:58 AM
Shark Attack

Quote:
well, sure not right in the head if you don't! Comrie is younger and has already put up the numbers Marleau has - so thats pretty much a striaght across deal IMO. Then you get Carter AND Rita for Hannan? Hannan isn't even a slightly (if at all) above average fourth pairing dman - you get a top prospect and a top line RWer for that! The Oilers are the only team in all of this that DOESN'T even consider it!
I honestly missed Comrie.

CHomp, CHomp

Old
10-23-2003, 07:00 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Attack
I honestly missed Comrie.

CHomp, CHomp
lol, ok - I can see how you would rebuke that deal without Comrie!

Old
10-23-2003, 07:52 AM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Hey, the deal is in SJ favors but DO NOT make the SJ players out as chumps. Hannan is a workhorse defenseman and a damn good one (So many teams should be so lucky to have one as good and as young). The only weakness to his game I'd say is an average passing game. As far as Comrie/Marleau, yea Comrie is puttin up better numbers but the two are in two different systems. Put Patty there and he's puttin up the same numbers plus has the size that every team wants in their top line center. The way I see it is that it would take Comrie and Rita just to get Marleau (a guy the Sharks are building around whether or not YOU think hes a franchise player) while Carter and Hannan is a lil lopsided (I see Carter having more value but I'd rather have Hannan). You may not like the deal but you don't have to underestimate Marleau n Hannan just to show yer disapproval.

10-23-2003, 08:03 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Ice XXX
Hey, the deal is in SJ favors but DO NOT make the SJ players out as chumps. Hannan is a workhorse defenseman and a damn good one (So many teams should be so lucky to have one as good and as young). The only weakness to his game I'd say is an average passing game. As far as Comrie/Marleau, yea Comrie is puttin up better numbers but the two are in two different systems. Put Patty there and he's puttin up the same numbers plus has the size that every team wants in their top line center. The way I see it is that it would take Comrie and Rita just to get Marleau (a guy the Sharks are building around whether or not YOU think hes a franchise player) while Carter and Hannan is a lil lopsided (I see Carter having more value but I'd rather have Hannan). You may not like the deal but you don't have to underestimate Marleau n Hannan just to show yer disapproval.
I don't think that I did under-estimate them. Marleau/Comrie is pretty much straight across, and I think we both agreed on that. And I know in my post it says a fourth pairing Dman, but if you read the whole thread you'll see I mean top four, not fourth pairing. Hannan isn't a top two Dman in the league - although maybe someday he will be, but he isn't. I don't see how I under-valued anybody

Old
10-23-2003, 08:21 AM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
I don't think that I did under-estimate them. Marleau/Comrie is pretty much straight across, and I think we both agreed on that. And I know in my post it says a fourth pairing Dman, but if you read the whole thread you'll see I mean top four, not fourth pairing. Hannan isn't a top two Dman in the league - although maybe someday he will be, but he isn't. I don't see how I under-valued anybody
Eh the only way Hannan elevates to a top 2 dman game is if his offense goes up which I dont see happenin since, even though he has a very mean and underrated slapshot, his passing will just not be up to snuff to warrant the type of production necassary to be a top pairing type of guy. He's a good 3-4 guy and that was the main beef I had is that you mentioned that he was an average at best (I'm not sure if thats the exact quote I could be off) 4th defenseman when he is already one of the top defenseman in his age group. Sorta like Phillips, not enough offense to get him fully recognized but the type of defenseman I want on my team.

And yes, I agree with you that Comrie/Marleau is straight across but from a Sharks POV...Marleau is their franchise. Whether or not he does become the franchise, his blend of size, speed, and scoring ability gives him the potential to be a franchise player which is worth something (its a different type of potential) so for the Sharks to move him, it'd cost a team a lil more. I can understand why you would be hesitant to deal for said potential just as I would be hesitant to deal it.

Old
10-23-2003, 11:59 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by alzardnp1
ouch ouch ouch....

Comrie + York + Rita + Cross for Marleau + Hannan + 3rd

So Edmonton gives two of their top four forwards, their top minor league player, and a pylon for a top four center, 2nd pair d-man and a 3rd....

Maybe if we took out York that would work...but why go through all that trouble and deal with NY? Giving York for Carter is just insane.
Many people think Comrie was only as good as he was because he played with talented line-mates Carter and Smyth u can get more when u combine two players with proven chemistry it makes a more appealing package we can drop cross's salary there, also because we won't need Cross if we get a top 4 d-man.It's also a tiny favour to Glen Sather does it matter if it is Comrie+York to San Jose or Comrie+Carter to San Jose not really either way we don't have the player. Although Comrie is more proven Marleau is everything u want in a center he improves every year, young, cheap, speed, and good size and can match and surpass Comrie point totals if put between Hemsky and Smyth quite easily this year. Tell me the last team that won the cup that didn't have a superstar center Detroit(Yzerman)? Colorado(Sakic+Forsberg)? New Jersey (Madden)? Dallas(Mike Modano)?Pittsburgh (Lemieux)? New York(Mark Messier)? The only exception is Montreal in the last 10 yrs who just rode a super hot and perrenial hall of famer Roy to the cup. Marleau has the potential and Comrie falls short good point producer but he does not have Marleaus intangibles and superstar potential suggesting a straight across trade is blasphemous, I know its only normal to over-rate hometown players but Comrie will not buy us the world.

the way I seen it when making it
York=Carter +4th
Cross+4th=3rd (Cross has very low value around the League u can't expect to get much more out of him)

Comrie+Rita=Marleau (Most San Jose fans would openly reject this though and a little more over payment is needed)
Carter>(slighlty)Hannan(I would say I like him better than Brewer already I think he is San Jose 2nd best defense man right after Stuart and maybe Rahtje(I feel he's slipping a little) right now and that is saying a lot with their current depth in defense. I will say it again Hannan is highly highly under-rated, I think he would prove himself to be better than Brewer(his rookie mistake keep coming),Smith,Staios,and Semenov in the next couple of years. Stop treating Marleau and Hannan like lesser players they are quite exceptional they are just on a team that is rebuilding and quite a bit worse than ours it can bring their reputation down a.k.a. being on a bad team does not make you a bad player.

Old
10-23-2003, 12:13 PM
USC Trojans
AD

I have absolutely no problem dealing for Marleau...I think he can be a consistent 60-70 point guy...and I also think Hannan has some good potential in there as well. I just feel kinda iffy on losing Comrie AND York for them. Maybe if we took York and Hannan out of the picture and work something with a Comrie package for Marleau...but then I don't see SJ doing that.
Oh yeah, I was never a big Carter fan...

Old
10-23-2003, 12:28 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by alzardnp1
I have absolutely no problem dealing for Marleau...I think he can be a consistent 60-70 point guy...and I also think Hannan has some good potential in there as well. I just feel kinda iffy on losing Comrie AND York for them. Maybe if we took York and Hannan out of the picture and work something with a Comrie package for Marleau...but then I don't see SJ doing that.
Oh yeah, I was never a big Carter fan...
Would u like it more if it was Stuart instead of Hannan? He is more of a power-play quarterback type and would help our pp immensly, I did not want to ask for him as I saw him as San Joses youngest and brightest defense man but apparently Patty thinks it is a little scewed for San Jose. I feel he is quite right in that it needs to be slanted to rope Marleau maybe it was just too slanted I think substituting Hannan for Stuart would swing more into our favour while still having a noticeable slant to get Marleau.

Old
10-23-2003, 12:30 PM
Shark Attack

At this point why would SJ even want to acquire Comrie????? Especially for a playing Patrick Marleau. I see two major detriments to any deal for him:

1) He has not been to camp so he is not in game shape.

2) When was the last time a guy who held out, have a good season? I honestly cannot recall an offensive player who did recently.

Because of these two factors I believe that Comrie's worth may not be what most people think it is.

Chomp, Chomp

Closed Thread