HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers/Sabres & Habs/Sabres proposalas

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2003, 02:38 PM
Darth Milbury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
(er, can't that be said about any Calder-eligible player? Anybody who's proven he can play a regular shift for an extended number of games kind of lacks Calder eligibility, doesn't he? )

True. My point is that fans of any team with a good young propsect are always assuming their favorite young player is going to contend for the Calder. But, the reality is that very few players actually step in an play a signficant role in their first year. That is particulary true for defensive dmen like this kid.

Old
09-22-2003, 02:54 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
True. My point is that fans of any team with a good young propsect are always assuming their favorite young player is going to contend for the Calder. But, the reality is that very few players actually step in an play a signficant role in their first year. That is particulary true for defensive dmen like this kid.
If you refer to my previous post, you'll find that I was stating McKeen's had them as #2 in their calder trophy contending list. I also said that IMO Pitkanen and Ruutu were both higher than him for the race. But to say that he is not in the race (with something like 30 other kids) is also a case of underrating. I'd be the most surprised if he actually won it but certainly not if he received some votes in the end, considering how good he was on the ice when called up and how improved he looks during the present camp.

Old
09-22-2003, 02:55 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Yeah... but I don't think tabbing Komisarek as a possible contender is more far fetched than any of the dozens of "Calder picks?" threads we see every summer before players even arrive for training camp...

Old
10-23-2003, 08:57 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wilson
Ahh, so the Habs get smaller, great!!

NO!

Komisarek goes nowhere
agreed

Old
10-23-2003, 09:34 AM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
A bit off here. Komisarek is a lock for the season coming in Montreal. He would have to be quite awful in pre-season to ever go back in Hamilton, but it's the opposite that's happening right now so no chance he's not with the team in the first game of the season. Even if his spot was almost guarenteed from his solid play last year when called up, he came in camp working hard and is receiving raving reviews from management, so I think his NHL career starts this year it's not even a question anymore.
So....who are you betting on in the World Series?

Old
10-23-2003, 11:06 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALALALALALAFONTAINE
So....who are you betting on in the World Series?
Playing a dangerous game here...

Brisebois was supposedly going to be traded. Savard said himself that he was going to work something out before the season starts as he needed to get out of Montreal. Brisebois himself asked to be traded. That's why Komisarek was a lock at that time. Everybody assumed Brisebois was gone. Now with Gainey deciding to keep Brisebois and backing him up recently in the media, Komisarek will have to wait his turn. He could be put in the lineup of quite some teams right now as the #6, including yours, and look quite good, like he did last year, but there's highly paid vets in front of him that need to go first.

But anyway, I can see you're pretty much a bitter fan out to get someone and not really looking for me to explain this to you right? So if that's the way you wanna play with me here, I'll have some fun to your expense too buddy. Cheers!

Old
10-23-2003, 11:11 AM
Ghost of Dale Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by godblessHabs
Stop taking drugs

Montreal is never gonna go get a center less then 6 feet, we have a ton of that **** here

So, how did they end up with a ton of centers less than 6' tall. Oh, that is right, they went and got them......

Old
10-23-2003, 11:18 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Dale Hunter
So, how did they end up with a ton of centers less than 6' tall. Oh, that is right, they went and got them......
Who's "they"? To my recollection Gainey is the one running the show now and he publicly said this team was too small and he was going to address that.

Old
10-23-2003, 11:53 AM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALALALALALAFONTAINE
Comrie, 23, unsigned
Smith, 30 in November, $2.3M

for

McKee, 26, unsigned
Connolly, 22, $1.245M
Noronen, 24, $.55M